Chapter 3

•••

tiffany walked charles out on the door of their room. anthony was already in the other room.

"thank you",

"such a risky move you've done there", charles said.

"i know, glad you're there. i cant thank you enough",

"never expected that from you though, i mean, drinking with strangers",

"just us enjoying life. you should try it too", tiffany laugh.

"you should laugh often, that makes you more beautiful",

she looked at him with amuaement. is he trying to hit on her?

"why dont you tell it to yourself? i never see you smile", she whispered.

"make me smile then",

"huh?",she gasped. she felt a bit awkward with how near charles is to her now. she can smell the liquor in his breathe.

"im just kidding, i'll go ahead. its too late in the evening now," he glanced at his watch. almost midnight.

"goodnight." she said closing the door behind charles as he step out of the door. she leaned on the door when she completely closed it. she cant explain the uneasiness she feels around charles. she doesnt like it. she can never allow herself fall for someone again. not now, she's still not ready to commit.

she walked towards her bed. sat on it and took her wallet from her bag. pulled out a picture of a guy. miguel. her long time boyfriend she lost in a car accident 2 years ago. she'll never get over him. she pressed the picture in her lips and planted a soft kiss on it.

"why left me so sudden, i thought i've found the guy who'll let me escape with the trap im at for the longest time. you said, things happened for a reason, you said that dad left us because of many possible reason we can never decipher on our own. and all we need to do is understand that, accept the fact that it happened and be strong enough instead of hiding from it. " she said. as if miguel is just beside her listening. she cant help herself, tears started falling down her cheeks. and fell down and sob. a silent sob but heart breaking.

•••

looking at the ceiling of their room. charles is unable to fall asleep. he was thinking of donna. the girl she thought she'd marry. a girl that he dreamed of bringing to the altar. what happened to then? maybe it was his falt after all. he got so occupied with lot of things he needs to do. specially since he need to focus on his masters. on the same day that he's about to propose to her, she admitted that she falls out of love of him and fell in love with his cousin. his world shattered. felt like all the thing he've worked hard with was wasted. amd worse of all? he just found out that life will be the same again for him. a secret he never mentioned anyone, even to his mom. the reason why he needs to fly back to the US.

"hows eunice?",

he jerked. he never thought that anthony's still awake.

"she's fine. tiffany took some blood sample for toxology. those bastards needs to learn their lesson",

"young lives wasted just because of selfishness and sexual desire",

"that's a matter of choice, they've choosen to do illegal things then they deserve a due process", charles said.

he looked at his friend. he was on his side so he can only see his back. anthony is so lucky to be married to a wonderful young lady, his cousin on his father's side. his father died at a young age of 29, he was only 3 years old back then. so his mom took care of him all by herself. she never marries after. she has past relationship though but it never ended long enough that he can even remember, until she just accepted the fact the she will never marry at all. she focused her energy and time to his only son, him.