Copy and Paste

theMethod

Ariel is a 23 year old detective for the SVU unit in Manhattan, New York. Her job focuses on rapes, hate crim... Еще

Chapter 2

|Chapter 1|

55 0 0
theMethod

Ariel Bautista
2:37 PM
Manhattan Court of Justice

"So you do admit to breaking into Katherine's apartment?" Asked Dominic, SVU's lawyer.

"I didn't break in! Her door was unlocked and she wouldn't answer, so I walked in." The suspect, James Brown, testified.

"His talk is cheap..." Nick, my partner, grabbed my attention. I sat up straight, trying to pay close attention to James' testimony. My phone buzzed in my velvet red pencil skirt.

I took it out, unlocking it to see my favorite book on Wattpad, Jason's Rifle, updated. The pressure of holding in my squeal was unbareable, but I pulled through.

"Object!" shouted James' lawyer, "Sustained!" Judge Judith argued.

I honestly don't understand why there has to be a trial for this. James clearly raped Katherine.

All his fingerprints were on her body, the rape kit showed signs of non-consensual sex, and she died like 4 days after the rape kit due to harmful pills he used to drug her.

And here he is, trying to fool the jury.

"Nothing further." Dominic took his seat beside Katherine's boyfriend.

"The jury's decision is to be heard." Judge Judith sat back, frustrated.

"With a vote of 10-1, the jury votes James Brown guilty of rape against Katherine Henderson."

______

"Great job out there Dom," I complimented, stopping Dominic before he could hop into his escalade.

He smiled with his pearly whites, "Great job getting me that new info.. What do you think of Red Lobster later on tonight?" He asked.

My eyebrows raised. But Jason's Rifle... "Maybe tomorrow? I've got a lot of cleaning to do back at my place, mostly clothes to put back up!" I lied.

Dominic chuckled, "Alrighty then, tomorrow at 7?" "Uh, yeah!" I smiled before walking off to my Ford Fusion.

Ariel Bautista
8: 49 PM
Bath Tub

"This girl is really about to try to run away from Jason Mccann.... Again!" I mumbled as I soaked in my bubble bath, scrolling onto the next paragraph.

I ran around Jason's house, taking a turn for the woods that sat behind his house. "You can run, Bella, but you sure as hell can't hide." I heard Jason's deep, booming voice behind me.

I stopped at a tree, standing with my back against it, trying to catch my breath. I haven't ran like that in like forever. My thoughts were interrupted when I heard various leaves breaking, sounding like a vampire running on the old, fall leaves.

My heart fastened as the crackling sound of leaves stopped, and the growling began. My legs took a run for it, but they couldn't beat the speed of Jason's pitbulls.

I then tripped over a stick, his dogs standing over me. Then a even bigger shadow took over, my heart dropped as Jason pulled out his--

Knock, knock!

"REALLY." You wanna knock on the door when I get to a good part?

Knock, knock!

I groaned before getting out of the tub, bubbles falling down my body, slowly. I grabbed my towel, and my phone, reading on as I sped walked downstairs.

I opened the front door, the coldness of Fall taking over my body.

"Woah.." Nick stood, staring me up and down, I blushed a hard red, "Whats up?" I asked, trying to grab his attention.

"We've got a new case... Captain wants everybody in his office."

"Well I'm gonna get dressed.. wait in the living room I guess." I awkwardly replied.

Ugh... Now I have to wait to see if Jason's gonna kill Bella or not!

I threw on dark jeans, black tank, adidas jacket, and red converse. This better be good, I was just about to hit chapter 63.

_____

Nick and I walked into Noah's office, taking the two seats that were left.

"Okay. We've got a late case. We've actally been trying to get this unknown man for a while now, and as of right now we might just have something on him." Captain Noah announced.

I knew exactly what this meant. This unknown guy that's been raping and killing all his victims has gotten another woman.

He's apparently really good at his "job" because each time we try to make a case on the asshole we have to close it because well, he's unknown.

"So basically we're starting another case that we're going to shut down..?" I asked. Everyone turned their attention to me.

Noah looked at me, his face dropped as I shrugged.

"Anyways," He turned on the projector, a picture of a dude with all black on, and an iphone, sitting on the hood of a car, popped up.

"This is our guy. Now all we see is a local citizen with all black on, typing away on his cellular device, on top of a black Maserati."

"Well it seems like he wants us to find him!" Nick rolled his eyes.

Noah chuckled, "This photo was taken by one of our spies who were tracking him down."

"How? We don't even know his name.." I threw in.

"Well yes, but this is the same vehicle that is always on the scene of a rape or kidnap by this man. So therefore, they're tracking the license plate!" Noah smiled.

Finally we're on something.

"As their picking up puzzle pieces for the discovery of this mystery man, we'll be getting answers from this young woman," an edgy looking, blonde girl popped onto the screen.

"She's the latest victim of our guy. Bautista, Amaro, Benson, and Thomas, get on this case!" Noah clapped his hands, indicating the meeting was over.

"Well I've got his name!" Olivia exclaimed, walking over to my desk with a small smile on her face, holding a picture of our guy.

"Really you get it when we leave his office?" Nick complained, "Shut up, Amaro. Spill, Benson." I waved Nick off, he's so impatient.

"Jason Mccann. 25. 6'3. From Canada."

I froze in my place. Jason McCann? He's real? My heart dropped into my stomach, my face turned into a hard red.

"You alright, Ariel?" Kaleb placed his hand on my shoulder, giving it a gentle squeeze.

I nodded yes, but my mind said no. My phone then buzzed.

It was an update for Jason's Rifle.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

145K 4.1K 58
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
223K 11.4K 44
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢'𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲? 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 �...
157K 3.3K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
177K 6.4K 93
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...