The Senior [Completed]

By GabrielleChnc

Sophia Williams is beginning her high school life. She goes to Oxford High School. A high school where Dylan... More

Chapter 1 - Freshman
Chapter 2 - Flirts
Chapter 3 - Prank Day!
Chapter 4 - Chemistry
Chapter 6 - Track Team and... Date?
Chapter 7 - What's Going On?
Chapter 8 - Kiss
Chapter 9 - High School Musical
Chapter 10 - Awkward
Chapter 11 - Winter Formal
Chapter 12 - Fist Fight
Chapter 13 - The Crush That's Not Really A Crush
Chapter 14 - Private Rehearsal
Chapter 15 - Dooms Day
Chapter 16 - The Senior
Chapter 17 - Awkward Encounters
Chapter 18 - City Views
Chapter 19 - Shawty
Chapter 20 - Awkward Breakfasts
Chapter 21 - Kissing Other Girls
Chapter 22 - The Musical
Chapter 23 - After Party
Chapter 24 - The Final

Chapter 5 - Basketball and Parties

3.8K 96 15
By GabrielleChnc

Dylan roared with laughter when I told him that I was in the drama club.

He seemed a little shocked to know that Michael had driven me home. However, he was happy that I hadn't walked in the dark. Dylan was always a little too over protective.

"Shut up, it's not funny." I whined, nudging him as he kept laughing.

"Yes, it really is. But you're a good singer, so I don't know why you're so worried," he said looking at me curiously.

I avoided to look into his eyes. "Yeah, but I haven't sing since Mom," I whispered.

At first I thought that Dylan hadn't heard me, but he soon pulled me into his side, and gently rubbed my arm.

"Soph, she'd want you to sing," he said gently.

I felt my eyes begin to water, but I refused to let any tears fall.

I nodded, and stood up and gave Dylan a small smile.

He didn't seem satisfied though, and sighed, "Soph, you have to talk about her sometime."

I swallowed nervously. "I'm fine, Dylan."

"Do you want me to tell Michael so he can keep an eye on you tomorrow during the auditions?" he asked hesitantly.

I shook my head furiously. "No way."

He was defeated, "Okay Soph, but seriously, if you ever want to talk about Mom you can always come to me."

Nodding my head, I gave him one last smile before going to bed.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I slept restlessly that night, and when I awake in the morning, I felt insanely tired.

"Wow, you look like crap," Dylan exclaimed when I finally surfaced downstairs.

"Thanks." I replied sarcastically.

Dad was just on his way out when I came downstairs, so he gave me a quick kiss on the forehead before rushing out to his car. After mom died, he threw himself into his work and we barely ever saw him.

"Seriously though, Soph, did you sleep at all?" Dylan asked in a concerned tone as we walked out to his car.

"Yeah, kind of," I lied as I got into the passenger seat.

Dylan looked as though he didn't believe me, but he dropped the topic.

When we got to school, I met Emma as usual outside the school gates.

We were shocked when we walked in, as we practically ran straight into Michael, who was sucking face with Jessica. You could barely tell who as who, as Jessica's bleached blonde hair was all over both of their faces.

I mean, seriously, at least go somewhere private.

Dylan looked proud, I looked disgusted, and Emma looked devastated.

"I didn't know they were dating. That sucks," Emma whispered to me so that Dylan didn't hear.

"Don't worry Emma, Dylan is still single." I whispered back with a wink.

This seemed to make her in a better mood somewhat, even though the thought of it grossed me out.

Michael seemed to continue his PDA with Jessica all the way to homeroom, which they walked into holding hands. Jessica giggled girlishly and Michael winced as she did so, but gave her a small smile back. Emma just sat there staring at them during homeroom.

I nudged her, "Emma, you can't just stare like that!"

She blushed, "Oh right. Whoops!"

Rose giggled at her, while Fred and Jim rolled their eyes.

My third day of freshman year droned on boringly. I was so tired that I had trouble concentrating in most of my classes, so I didn't really bother trying to absorb anything that my teachers were saying.

To make matters worse, I had to go back to drama club this afternoon and sing. I was dreading it.

By the time the bell rang for the end of the day, I was nearly asleep on my feet. Basically I was like a walking zombie.

I was surprised to find that Michael had actually made it on time to drama club today, as he was already sitting down when I arrived.

Grace seemed just as excited as yesterday, even though the drama club still had no new members. The two fresmen girls that had been there yesterday sat in the row behind Michael, constantly whispering and pointing at him. I rolled my eyes slightly at how awestruck they were by him. The basketball team at how school had kind of a 'celebrity status' in the hallways, and everyone knew who they were. 

Tomorrow is the first basketball game of the year, and there was going to be a huge after party at Jacob's house. Normally the parties are reserved for seniors, the basketball team and the most popular people at school. However, being Dylan's sister, I was allowed to go and bring a few friends.

"Alright students, unfortunately, no one else auditioned for the musical," Grace said with a frown.

No surprises there ...

Grace took a small lap around the room, her frown turning into a smile, "So, that means, our two lead roles are going to be Sophia and Michael!"

Oh my God.

I turned to look at Michael, and his expression mirrored mine. It was one of shock.

There's no way that I'm going to play the freaking lead in the school musical.

"Uh, Grace, when the principal said that we would be in the musical, I was thinking it might be better if Michael and I are backstage?" I said feebly, hoping that she would agree to this for some reason.

"Yeah, I think our talents are more suited to props and painting stages," Michael called from his seat.

"Oh no, I disagree." Grace said smiling that huge smile of hers, "You two had such natural chemisty and you could say the lines perfectly!"

I felt myself blush at her mention of chemistry again. However, Michael didn't even seem to notice.

Michael looked furious, "I really don't think I'm right for the part," he argued.

But Grace couldn't be convinced, "Considering you two have the parts, I guess there's no reason to audition you for singing. Why don't I give you each a script and you can learn the script over the weekend?"

I nodded my head, still in shock. Michael simply stormed towards her, took the script, and left the room without a second glance.

"He is so cute when he's mad," one of the freshman girls whispered as soon as he had left.

I rolled my eyes, took a script, and followed Michael out of the room. The only good thing was that I didn't have to sing. I just didn't think I was ready for that yet.

I nearly screamed when I turned a corner on my way out of the school and I came face to face with Michael.

"Woah, calm down freshman," he said with his signature smirk when he realised that he had scared me.

I blushed slightly. What's wrong with me? I never blushed around Michael.

"This sucks." I muttered as I continued walking, deciding to ignore his comment.

"Tell me about it. I'm in the basketball team, I can't be seen in a school musical," he exclaimed bitterly.

I nodded in agreement, before waving him off on my way to walk home.

"Hey, where are you going?" he called as I walked off.

I raised an eyebrow, "home?"

He chuckled, "I'll take you, get in," he said as he opened the passenger seat of his car door.

I walked over and smiled gratefully, "Thanks."

"See, I can be nice." he said with a grin.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Emma and I were watching the basketball game intently. We were playing against our rival school, and the game was very intense. Dylan, Michael and Jacob were all playing their hardest and the score was 2:2

With only five minutes left of the game, the crowd were on the edge of their seats at the quality of play going on. I cheered as Dylan effortless managed to steal the ball from the other team. He passed it to another player, who was Michael. With a minute left, Michael dodged a defender and aimed for a shoot. It seemed as if the audience went silent, as everyone watched anxiously to see whether the ball made it into the ring.

The player from another team lunged for it, but the ball managed to go through his hands and straight into the ring. The crowd erupted into cheers and applause, and the entire Oxford High basketball team ran into a clump and lifted Michael on their shoulders.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

After the game, and elated Dylan drove Emma and I to the after party at Jacob's. It was already in full swing when we arrived. There were people everywhere. And nearly all of them were holding drinks or dancing.

"No smoking, drinking, drugs, or boys." Dylan said protectively as we got out of the car.

I grinned at him. "Yes, Dylan!"

He sighed, "Seriously Soph, I am not bringing home a wasted freshman."

I giggled at his description, "I promise," I replied. 

Dylan had gotten dressed out of his basketball jersey and was now wearing casual clothes. Emma and I walked around the party, wondering what to do.

After the game, we had gotten dressed back at my place.

Eventually, Emma and I found the dance floor and joined the mush of sweaty bodies. The music was blaring loudly and I could tell that the most of the people were either tipsy or drunk.

I had promised Dylan that I wouldn't drink though, and I planned to stick to that.

A guy came up behind Emma and began dancing with her. Not wanting to be a third wheel, I shot her a wink and went off to find Dylan or someone to talk to.

I was on my way outside when I heard my name called. I turned around to see Michael waving at me, with a drink in his hand.

I smiled at him. "Hey Michael," I said

"Wassupppp Soph," he greeted me enthusiastically. I could tell he was slightly tipsy, but he wasn't drunk.

"Nice shoot." I complimented him.

"Oh thanks," he replied with a grin.

Suddenly, Michael grabbed my hand and pulled me around a corner.

I steadied myself. "Woah, what are you doing?" I asked.

He grinned sheepishly. "Sorry, I saw Jessica and I wasn't really in the mood to talk to her."

I raised an eyebrow, "I thought you guys were dating?"

He frowned slightly, "Nah I'm not really that into her."

Well that explains why he was kissing her. Not.

Out of nowhere, a whole group of seniors came over to Michael and began congratulating him.

"Let's play seven minutes in heaven!" one of the girls exclaimed, winking at Michael.

He smirked back at her, and winked. I sighed warily, knowing that he was such a player.

Somehow, I ended up in the circle of seniors, who were about to play seven minutes in heaven, and I was freaking out.

I had basically been forced into playing, and I was beyond nervous. I mean, I had only had one boyfriend in my life and totally wasn't ready to kiss a bunch of senior boys. Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my God.

I held my  breath as the bottle landed on me. It was spun again, and it landed on...... Michael.

Everyone cheered, while Michael and I just sat there looking at each other. I was practically lifted off the ground by one senior and pushed into the closet, while the senior boys cheered for Michael to join me.

Eventually he walked in, and sat down on the closet floor.

We stayed silent for a few minutes before he smirked, "Thanks for not trying to kiss me, freshman."

I raised an eyebrow, "Trust me, wouldn't even dream of it."

Well, technically I had dreamt it. But he doesn't have to know that.

"So got your eye on any of the senior boys?" he asked me with a wink.

I felt my eyes widen, "No! I don't even want to be playing."

He chuckled, "Don't worry, I won't let any of them take you into the closet. Most of them are a bit perverted anyway, and I think Dylan would kill me if I let one of them touch you."

I nodded in agreement.

I couldn't help but notice that Michael actually looked pretty good tonight. He was wearing supras, black  jeans and a white v-neck shirt. And being in the closet with him, it was easy to tell that he smelt insanely good.

MICHAEL'S POV

I tried to tell her that I wouldn't let any of the guys touch her because Dylan would kill me, but truthfully…. I didn't want anyone touching her.

What was wrong with me?

Sophia is a fucking Freshman. I never, ever went for Freshman. And besides, she is Dylan's little sister. That would be weird.

But still, she did look good tonight. Her dark brown hair was curled slightly, and she was sitting at one of the closet playing with her hands.

"What?" she asked when she noticed I was staring at her.

I grinned, "Nothing Freshman. Our times nearly up," I said.

She smiled back, and then, the door was opened.

The group cheered as we came out, some of the guys high giving me. Little did they know, that nothing had even happened.

SOPHIA'S POV

I managed to break away from the group of seniors playing seven minutes in heaven. I found Dylan outside, sipping on some soft drink as he was driving home.

"You ready to go?" he asked. I nodded with a grin. I went to find Emma, who was still dancing with that guy.

We made our way back to Dylan's car, as she told me all about her latest crush.

--------------------------------------------------------------

When I got home from the party, I found the script that Grace had given us. I sighed, and began to flick through the pages wondering how on earth I was ever going to learn every line.

My heart skipped a beat and my eyes widened when I read a single line.

"Jordan leans forward and kisses Megan passionately".

Oh my God.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE :

Here's new chapter guys! I make it longer :] So what do you think will happen between Michael and Sophia? dating alert? haha x)

And sorry about the basketball part, I really have no idea about sport *sigh* but hope you like it anyways :]

Sophia's outfit on the side >>>

Don't forget to vote, comment and be a fan :D

Lovelovelove

Gabriellechnc x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2M 81.6K 28
Sophie's parents have shipped her off to a boarding school in Spain that can provide a better education for her. Now, after two years, her grades hav...
207 43 15
Sophia is a 19 year old college girl, a newbie who is pretty, sweet, cute, sensible and over everything she cares about everyone around her, more tha...
409K 9.1K 79
Elle has just turned 15 years old. Mason is her boyfriend, they've been in a relationship for 6 months or so. Elle realise she can't say 'no' to him...