The Only One ( Teen Wolf )

By CuteHelloGoodbye

THIS IS THE SECOND BOOK TO MY OTHER STORY "The Other Girl!" So please if you haven't read The Other Girl, ple... More

The Only One
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
One-Shot: Christmas
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 13

34.5K 694 52
By CuteHelloGoodbye

Yes this is super late :( I know and I'm sorry. Finals finished and I immediately went on vacation/ road trip with my 3 best friends and my dog -.- lol this entire chapter was written in the car and published in a car lol so I'm sorry for any grammar/ spelling mistakes!! Enjoy!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not own the characters of TV show teen wolf such as Scott, Derek, Allison, Stiles, and so on. I do not own the show teen wolf. I do not own the ideas of the TV show Teen Wolf. (Though I wish I could be such an amazing writer as the writer of Teen Wolf!!!) I do own my characters such as Emily and her friend Stephanie and Sean.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 13:

--Sean's POV:

"Are you sure she heard them right?" I asked in a serious tone.

"Yes. Allison said a hunter in an officer's uniform just left her house carrying a box. He's heading to the jail to kill Isaac." Scott said, sounding panicked on the other side of the line.

"Ok." Was all I could say as my hand gripped my phone tighter.

"We are heading there right now to stop him." He paused and it sounded like Derek was saying something to Scott. "Hold on."

I listened and waited as I heard the phone being passed to I presume Derek.

Em and I where still at her house waiting to hear back from Scott, Derek, and Stiles. I was almost relieved five minuets ago when I had seen that Scott was calling me. I thought they were calling to say they were coming home but that was short lived. Scott was calling to tell me that Allison had seen her father, Gerard, and two others taking about Isaac. She overheard them talking about this box that contained some type of poison that would kill Isaac and make it look like he had a heart problem which he suddenly died from. The poison was more than likely a type of wolfsbane. The hunters must be worried too about Isaac shifting under the full moon tonight and killing people and officers at the jail. Killing him wasn't the answer. That's the difference between the Argents and I. I would rather save a werewolf and try to help it rather than just get rid of the problem all together, especially a new werewolf that was innocent.

A noise behind me had me looking towards the stairs. Emily walked down the stairs slowly, noticing me on the phone. Her hair was still wet from her shower and she wore a tight black sweatshirt and jeans. Emily looked at me with a questioning look.

"Good news?" She asked quietly so she wouldn't interrupt the phone conversation.

I shook my head and she took a deep breath. She looked like she wasn't feeling good but it was probably just nervousness.

"Sean." A low voice echoed into the phone.

I knew it was Derek and I tensed. My hand went to my still sore throat without thinking.

"Yeah. I'm here." I said.

"Take Emily to the forest now. We wont make it in time." He spoke slowly, obviously dreading the situation.

"Ok." I replied as I looked over at Emily.

A small frown formed on her face as she saw my expression and I shook my head.

"Make sure..." Derek started.

"That I keep her safe. I get it." I interrupted. "She's safe with me."

It was quiet for a few seconds and I could hear his breathing slow.

"I know." He replied flatly but I knew he was serious.

I was surprised at his words because earlier it seemed as if he had no faith in me but now he was saying that he knew I could keep Emily safe.

"About earlier outside the house," he started. "I lost control and..."

"Look, don't worry about it." I chuckled even though I was still shocked that he was going to apologize for trying to snap my neck. "It's the full moon, emotions are going crazy, etcetera. Go and take care of what you need to and get back to the forest as fast as you all can."

I could hear Derek hum in agreement and I took that as good bye. I shut my phone and looked over at Emily. I raised as eyebrow when I saw a little smile across her face.

"What?" I asked.

"Did my ears just deceive me or did I hear Sean and Derek getting along?" She said in a teasing manner even though this wasn't the time for that.

I shook my head and let out a short laugh.

"No." I replied, "I still hate him."

Emily rolled her eyes but then her face suddenly went serious. Her hand went to her chest and her green eyes met mine.

"Emily, what's wrong?" I said as I quickly made my way to her.

"I think its the claw marks," she took a deep, labored breath, "They burn a little."

My eyes widened as I processed what she was saying.

"Is this a sign?" She asked in a panicked tone.

"I am not sure. We need to get moving now." I said as I quickly picked up the large duffle bag I had put next to the door earlier. It contained things that we might need for tonight.

"But what about the others?" She asked, her eyes meeting mine with worry.

"They said to go on without them. They will meet us there as soon as they can."

I could see Emily's body tense as she swallowed hard. She looked terrified.

"Em. Look at me." I said as I brought my hands to her cheeks, forcing her to look at me. "Everything will be fine. By the time we get to the forest, the others will probably already be on their way. But for right now, we need to leave."

Her eyes searched mine as if looking for answers but I had none. We both had no idea how tonight would fan out but I wasn't going to let that effect me. If she doesn't turn then I would be there for her and if she does turn, then I would still be there by her side.

"Let's go."

--Emily's POV:

The car ride to the forest was completely silent. Neither Sean nor I said a single word until we reached the entrance of the forest and parked the car. It was ery and unnerving.

It wasn't long before Sean and I were cautiously walking through the dark forest towards the old Hale estate. Sean had told me as soon as we got out of the car that we needed to hurry because there would be hunters out here as well. It made me nervous but I knew they would never find us where we were going. Sean was unusually quiet after that and it was honestly freaking me out.

As we walked, I started to recognized our surroundings and soon enough, the old burnt down house came into view.

Sean immediately walked ahead and made his way to the right side of the house. He stopped in what used to be the front lawn of the house and bent down in front of a section of ground that was slightly higher than the ground around it.

I watched curiously as Sean reached down and swept dead leaves away, exposing a small latch that was attached to a board of some sort. I soon realize it was a door and watched as Sean pulled the wooden door up by its latch, revealing a large dark hole that was a passageway. He stayed squatting on the ground and looked up at me.

"You go first." He said in a serious tone without looking up at me.

I looked at him like he was crazy. There was no way I was going in there when I couldn't even see anything down there.

"Trust me Em. It's safe." He said with a reassuring glance. I couldn't help but notice that something was off about him at that exact moment but I shrugged it off, thinking that it was just him being worried.

As I took a cautious step forward, Sean handed me a lighter which I gladly took. I flipped it on and slowly began making my way inside the passageway. The passage was dark and water dripped down from the underground walls, allowing moss to easily grow along the dirt walls. My shoes sunk into the mud covered ground as I took each step.

I could feel a frown forming as I looked at my barely visible surroundings. I kept walking but soon realized how far I had gone. I stopped to see where Sean was. The door was out of sight now and that made me extremely uneasy.

I suddenly jumped as I heard what sounded like the door being shut behind me. As I jumped my finger slipped off the lighter and the flame went out. I instantly began to panic as the darkness consumed me. I frantically began trying to switch the lighter back on but failed miserably. I had already moved too far away from the entrance of the passageway to know how to get back to it.

I froze as I heard what sounded like chains being rattled and then a distinct click that sounded as if a lock had been out in place.

Then it hit me. Had Sean just locked me in here alone? I could feel an anxiety attack quickly approaching as it felt like the darkness around me was closing in. Why would Sean lock me in here? Where is he? This must be why he wanted me to go first so he could lock me in here.

My thoughts were flooding my brain, making it hard to think clearly.

I could fear tears beginning to form in the corner of my eyes as I thought of all the possible things that could be happening. This wasn't part of the plan. Sean wouldn't step away from the plan like this, unless...

Then it all made sense. Sean was a hunter. He was probably going off right now to tell the hunters that he caught me.

I shook my head quickly. He wouldn't do something like that. I wanted to slap myself for being so stupid.

I once again froze as I heard what sounded like footsteps coming my way. I was so caught up in my thoughts that I had completely forgotten which way the entrance was.

I slowly began to back up until I hit a wall. My hand reached behind me and I felt queazy as my finger tips brushed against the dripping wet wall. The footsteps became louder and I shut my eyes not that it made any difference. If Sean wasn't down here then who was?

Painfully slow seconds passed as I heard the steps become faster as if whoever was down here was panicked.

"Emily!" I heard a voice shout, making me jump in fright.

I felt my heart clinch and my eyes snapped open as I saw a small, white light coming around the corner fast. I immediately recognized the figure holding the light and could feel tears wanting to fall from my eyes from happiness.

"Sean!" I replied.

The figure quickly pointed the square light at me and that's when I could finally see their face. It was indeed Sean.

"Emily! What the hell! Why did you leave my sight?" He asked, anger and relief both playing on his tone.

He quickly made his way to me and I noticed he was using his phone as a light.

"I thought you had left me." I whispered.

I could barely see his face but I could see that his facial features had softened.

"What do you mean?" He asked as he pointed his phone down so he could see my hands. He gently took the lighter from my hands and flipped it on with ease, illuminating the area around us a lot better.

"I didn't realize how far I had walked in here and then I heard the door close behind me. The lighter went out and then I heard chains being rattled and then I thought you had locked me down here alone." I whispered, my voice almost cracking.

"Emily," Sean said with wide eyes. "Why would I leave you here? I'm not going anywhere."

"I don't know why. Im not thinking straight." I admitted in a sorrow filled tone.

Sean didn't say anything as he carefully wrapped his arms around me in a hug I so desperately needed right now. He was careful to keep the lighter away from me. Everything already felt like it was falling apart. Derek wasn't here along with anyone else, the original plan fell apart within a day, the full moons peak was coming soon, and I very we'll could shift. I never thought in a million years that any of this would be happening to me. It almost didn't feel real. It's one of those situations where you can't fully explain what's happening unless you experience it for yourself and it is terrifying.

Sean broke me from my thoughts as he pulled away and looked me straight in the eyes. His blue eyes searched mine for something I couldn't explain.

"We need to get moving."

I nodded my head slowly and took a deep breath.

Sean stepped away and reached out his hand. I took it and smiled slightly at him as we started to walk. Sean glanced over at me with a warm smile and I couldn't only hope at that moment that we would both be prepared for what would happen next.

-------------------------------------------------------

Are you guys prepared for what's going to happen next? ;P

Who is loving the new trailer for Season 3?!? It looks amazing!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.4K 3.5K 16
*This is a sequel to Her Beta, so some things that you read in this story may not make sense if you haven't read the first one. I would love it if y...
16.3K 2.9K 36
Erik's mate, Katharina, died eighty years ago. Werewolf mates are for life. There are no break-ups or second chances. On the night of the Blood Moon...
6.9M 76.9K 21
(Book Two of the Blue Moon Series) to those of you who haven't read the first book All it took was one look, I would suggest doing so to save all the...
176K 3.5K 24
Megan and Derek go back to since they were babies. They were in love with eachother since they understood love. They were both born werewolves so the...