Improvisus (probably not upda...

By melaniepatrick

All teenagers must have a purpose, all magicians must fight, and all prophecies must come true. Like most tee... More

Prologue (Revised)
Chapter 1(Revised)
Chapter 2 (revised)
Chapter 3 (Revised)
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Author's Note/The End
Authors note

Chapter 32

128 14 4
By melaniepatrick

"We won't die." Kendra said weakly to Ethan. It looked really pointless that she was saying that, because she was almost dead. 

"Look at yourself my dear Kendra. Your life force is almost gone. You won't even last to the trial. Your friend Natalie is holding up better and she's been here longer." Ethan said. Truthfully, Nat didn't look good either. She was unconscious and really pale. 

"Let us go." I was the only one that was doing okay. "We will fight you." 

"You will? While Kendra is almost dead, and Natalie is unconscious? I'm sure that will work well. Remember I have reinforcements above me. I could just yell for help and they'd come right away. I'd be careful if I were you." 

He was right, I'd have to be careful, but there was no way I was going to stay down there for another hour. I'd probably be dead by then, if I wasn't Kendra and Nat for surely would be. "Maddie how are you doing?" I asked. 

"Fine, just don't focus on the bad parts of this place. Pretend it's bright and sunny, pretend it's a beautiful place that you love. It'll keep your life force tied to you longer." 

"Okay, and how do you know this." 

"Um, I have my reasons." Clearly she didn't want to talk about it. She was keeping secrets! Terrible, we didn't keep secrets around here, but we weren't exactly in the right place to be asking spooky stories.

"Okay then." My tone clearly showed that we would be talking about that matter again. I followed her advice. I started to think of the place as happy and such a beautiful place, like on the Lorax, with the fluffy pink trees and beautiful gardens. It started to work, I was becoming happier and I could feel my strength returning. "Hmm hmm hmm." I even started humming, and I don't hum unless I'm really happy. (You don't really want to hear me hum either, I kind of suck at singing, humming, or anything that has to do music.) Ethan started to look worse as I got better. "I knew you were trouble when you walked in. So shame on my no-ow." I started singing I Knew you Were Trouble, by Taylor Swift, and I never sing! I was really happy. When I was singing I was probably out of tune by a couple of keys, but that's okay. "Guys you got to be happy. SING!" 

"I'm not singing." Kendra weakly said. 

"Come on! It'll be fun! Blew me to places I've never been." I continued to sing I Knew you Were Trouble, out of key. "Picture the happiest place on Earth! OOHHHH!" I screamed like the goat version of I Knew you Were Trouble." That woke Nat up. 

"What? Where am I? What is that terrible sound?" I wasn't even offended. 

 "I'm singing! Join in! It makes you feel better! OHH-hh, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble. OHHH! OHH-hh. Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble.  No apology," Then Nat joined in. When we got to the chorus she looked much better and even stood up. 

"I knew you were trouble when you walked in, so shame on me now-ow,  blew me to places I never been. I'm lying on the cold hard ground, OHH!" We sang together. 

Ethan covered his ears. "Stop it! The land of the dead is no place for happiness!" 

"Nat, what song next? Maddie, Kendra join in! It's a hay day!" 

"How about..Titanium!" 

"You shout loud, but I can't hear a word you say I'm talking loud, not saying much. I'm criticized, but all your bullets ricochet. You shoot me down, but I get up. I'm bulletproof nothing to loose fire away, fire away. Ricochet you take your aim, fire away, fire away. You shoot me down, so I won't fall. I am TITANIUM!" We sang Titanium probably in a tune unheard of, by the end of it, Kendra and Maddie had joined in. 

"NOOO!" Ethan wailed. He disappeared and all that was left of him was a necklace and some mist. 

"Let's get out of here!" I said cheerfully. "Nacamaca." Lift, I said. We got to the top and burst out of the doors. There was a ghost there. "Amna." Destroy, and the lady ghost was gone. 

"Maddie, or Kendra, no Maddie teleport us all back to the graveyard." Nat said. 

"Nat you have the clue right?" 

"It's in my pocket." 

"Perfect, let's go." 

"Katchamuncho." Teleport, Maddie said. Suddenly we were back in the graveyard. 

"That was fun!" I said happily.  

"Not really."

"Maddie, how did you know that if you just be happy you can get out." 

"Please, can we not talk about it now?" 

"Fine, but you have to tell us someplace less spooky." 

"Fine, Natalie what's the clue?" Maddie asked trying to change the subject. 

"Let's leave, before some other ghost comes back. Can you run Kendra?" Nat asked. 

"I'll be fine." 

"Okay, we'll use the healing spell later. How long we've been in the Land of the Dead? Brooke and Brent are coming and we have to go." 

Even though we were all tired and some people, (Maddie and Kendra) weren't very happy, we ran. We got to the train station about five minutes after we started running. We booked a train that would take us to the airport, or that general area. It left five minutes after we booked it, but I knew Brent and Brooke would be there shortly. It was weird, as if Brooke and I had something that made me know she was around. I could feel the evil coming this way as if she were the queen of the ghosts and she was dead. As if! Hopefully she couldn't feel me coming, or sense my presence. 

As we just boarded the train, we saw Brooke and Brent running out of the train station. "Guys, it's them." I said. 

"Her.." Kendra mumbled. I was going to ask, but I didn't want to breathe. 

"Duck." We all went to the ground as if we had dropped something and were looking for it. 

"We are lucky, if we had been another minute, we would've been caught. They'll be here for awhile. They probably think we're still here." Nat whispered. 

"We are lucky! Wow, to think that if we had been delayed even ten seconds, they would've seen us." We stayed down for five minutes and then the conductor said that we had to sit down and buckle ourselves in, because we would be leaving again. I fell asleep and had a dream filled sleep. 

"Brooke we're close! They would never know we figured this out! Ha! We got them." 

"We're good, Brent. We're just a step ahead of them this time." If only they knew! Ha!

 "I know, high five, no how about a hug." Wow, way to hug the enemy! 

"Where would they have gone? Do you know anything about Egypt?" 

"Some things. Like there are tombs all around here." 

"We have to be careful then! The ghosts could be here." 

"With me you should be fine." Brooke said, and a second later she realized what she did. She gave herself away! She said she was working for the ghosts, or pretty much said that.

"What do you mean? They'll attack you, just as much as me." 

"Um, well once you're attacked and given the mark, it can also protect you. They can't attack me or anyone I'm with." 

"Okay, makes sense." How could this excuse of a person be my brother? He was so dumb! That was the most fake thing I'd ever heard! 

"I have to go to the bathroom, who knows how long we'll be going before we find them here." They were so cocky. 

"Good plan. I"ll go too. Meet you back here once you're done." Brooke walked over to the bathroom and locked the door. She had managed to get into the girls bathroom that had like 20 stalls, but yet there was no one there. I think she used magic. 

"Mohammad, speak." She ordered. Mohammad shimmered into existence. 

"Yes my lady?" 

"I just came to make sure you're sending full forces of ghosts after them." 

"Yes, my lady. We have captured them, they are four of them in the Land of the Dead." Brooke smiled. 

"Perfect. They're trapped there?" 

"Yes, my lady. We have them held prisoner so you can talk to them."

"Perfect, just keep them alive. We cannot have them die until I talk to them. Now go! Brent will be expecting me. I'm sorry we couldn't have talked longer." 

"I will do my best. The young Ethan Zomba is looking after them and keeping them prisoner." 

"Good, he has time to prove himself. Now leave." Mohammad shimmered away. 

"Candace Brown, you're going to join my kingdom soon. I will have your throat." It could've either been my over-active imagination or it could be real, but Brooke showed two fangs and I awoke startled as ever. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87 2 9
Waking up face down in mud sucks any day of the week. But coming around in the sludge of a strange realm...? Well, that just redefines a bad day alto...
349 58 16
It's a story about a girl who gets weird dreams but she don't think it's just only a dream ,somehow it all seems real . What happens when suspicious...
2.7K 96 19
Do you believe in Magic? Do you think YOU have the power? Join the adventures in Zufwa Magic Academy, where young magic users learn how to contr...
3 0 1
Four teenagers discover that they have powers; elemental powers. With the help of others, they try to defeat the enemy. Can they banish all magical p...