Highschool || Camren ||

By Camrencola

Lauren Jauregui is Coastal Miami High's varsity girls basketball captain. She is a straight-A student who has... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
A/N
LAUREN
I'm done with life
A/N

Chapter 2

16.2K 429 253
By Camrencola

Camila's pov
---

Practice was going great until I decided to make an adjustment to our cheer.

As I was lifted in the air, I could tell that the hold was off. When I spoke up it came out as a scream as I fell to the ground. My eyes were squeezed shut as I expected pain, but felt my self being caught.

Opening my eyes I come face to face with the gorgeous green eyes that I fell in love with 6 years ago.

Lauren's pov
I don't know how I did it, but I did. I caught Camila. Looking down I got lost in her brown pools, completely tuning out all of the talk going on around us and I think she's doing the same.

I was brought out of my fantasy when I noticed the murmurs had stopped. Tearing my eyes away I look up to see everyone staring.

Realization hits and my face turns red as I set Camila's feet gently back on the ground. I continue to stare at her while she is talking to her teammates. "Ok everyone take a break. We will definitely need to work on that routine some more."

I see her smile. I start to turn around."Wait!!" I freeze turning slowly only to be met with another one of her massive hugs, but this time she actually jumps on me wrapping her legs around my waist and arms around my neck, as she buries her face in it. "Lo I-I d-don't" I hear her whisper "thank you.. so much." She pulls her head back and she has watery eyes but a big smile.

"It was nothing" I say placing my hands on her for support.

"Well anyway if it wasn't for you I could've gotten hurt."

"Actually I think Normani was about to catch you, but I kinda pushed her out of the way." I say scratching my neck. She chuckles and looks back at her team as she hops off of me.

"It looks like I literally fell for you Lauren." She says winking and turns walking away causing my heart to beat in overdrive.

No one's pov
Camila makes her way over to Normani with a scared expression on her face. "Yo Mila you alright?"

"I just flirted with Lauren." Camila says shakingly causing Normani to laugh.

"It's not funny Mani. It's embarrassing." Camila replies, pouting.

"Mila I doubt Lauren even noticed. She's kinda dense about these things." Normani responds patting the shorter girl on the shoulder. "And besides I thought you liked Lauren, so why wouldn't you wanna flirt with her?" She asks receiving a hand to the mouth In return.

"Shhhh Mani not so loud" Camila says frantically looking around, sighing in relief when she sees her team practicing on the court. "Of course I like her but she would never like me like that so I don't need to add embarrassment to that hurt." She whisper yells.

Normani just sighs and looks over Camila's shoulder to see her girlfriend trying to pull a frozen Lauren off the court.

"Alright Babe you ready to go." Normani asks Dinah pulling Lauren out of her train of thought.

"Yeah come on Ralph." Dinah says while dragging the older girl to her feet.

"I don't know why I agreed to third wheel with you guys." Lauren says when she sees Dinah go in for a kiss. Trying to avoid watching the make out session, Lauren diverts her attention to Camila who is currently making her way towards them.

"Hi Lauren." Camila says shyly.

"Hey Camila." Camila sends Lauren a small smile while tapping Normani on the shoulder.

"Mani can you take me home. I carpooled with Ally, but she forgot she had a doctor's appointment." Lauren quirks a brow at Dinah once she snickers.

"We're actually going to grab a bite, but you're welcome to come with." Normani says gently nudging her girlfriend.

"That sounds great." Camila smiles turning to Lauren "I was wondering why you watching our practice."

"Yeah I thought I'd tag along. I got nothing better to do and you know you can't leave these two alone for long." Lauren responds causing the younger to giggle and her best friend to glare at her.

"Watch it Ralph." Dinah says. Lauren puts her hands up in surrender earning another laugh from Camila.

"I think we should get going before they shut down the place." Camila says looking around to see the janitors cleaning up. Hearing the girls agree with her, Camila makes her way towards the parking lot.

Lauren's pov
Grabbing my things I follow Camila out of the gym. I can't help but let my eyes wander down to her backside. I've always loved her body but something about her cheerleading uniform makes me love it more. I look away when I hear Dinah.

"Mila's is gonna ride with you so me and Mani can have some alone time." Winking to add effect. Eww. We make our way to our cars and I notice Dinah's car isn't here and that she must've been dropped off by her mother while on her way to work.

I open the trunk and allow Camila to put her Bags in. I then open the passenger side for her. "And they say chivalry is dead." Camila says smiling. I laugh as and I shut the door and make my back around slowly trying to get rid of the redness on my face.

I get in and see Camila admiring the interior. "So where are we going."
She asks as we pull out of the parking lot.

"Well there's this diner on main street that we eat at all the time. Their burgers are to die for."

"Sounds great." I turn to smile at her then look back at the road. There's an awkward silence, so I decide to see what's on the radio. I Want It That Way was on and I was about to turn on Lana when I heard her beautiful voice.

You are my fire
My one desire
Believe when I say
I want it that way

I've always liked that song, but now like has a whole new meaning.

Am I your fire?
Your one desire
Yes I know it's too late
But I want it that way

I turn to watch her sing as I stop at the stop light. Her eyes are lit up and I can tell she's obviously into the song. "Lauren the lights green." I snap my head back and start driving again as I feel my face heat up from the fact she caught me staring.

Camila's pov
"Okay so I have no idea what to order." I say as I sit down beside Lauren. "What are you getting Lo?" I ask.

"I get their burger plate usually." She says while looking at the menu. I see a waitress making her way over and she has way too little clothes on and I'm saying that in my cheer uniform.

"Hi I'm Lindsey and I'll be your waitress. What can I get you to drink?" She says not taking her eyes off of Lauren.

"Water"

"Coke"

"I'll take a Grape Soda." I see Lauren smile at her and my jaw clenched. When I tell her what I want it comes out harsher than expected but the girls don't seem to notice. After some more flirting she takes our order.

"Lo can you order for me? I'll have whatever you're having." I say hooking my arm around hers while Dinah is giving her order.

"Sure." Lauren smiles at me. "I'll take the burger special and the lady over here will have the same." I blush a little when she says that and give myself a mental point when I see the waitress scowl.

The rest of the time was spent full laughter and Dinah and Normani telling me stories that often ended with Lauren red with embarrassment. I thought that it made her look even cuter.

"Alright Laur you paying." Dinah says taking a sip from her drink.

"I know. I know." Lauren says, getting out her wallet.

"Lo I can pay for mine." I say getting the little cash I have left out of my bag.

"No girl she lost a bet; she has to pay." Dinah says smacking my hand away.

"What was the bet?" I ask out of curiosity. Dinah and Normani laugh and I see Lauren put her head in her hands.

"We bet Lauren that if she didn't ask out and go on a date with the girl she has a crush on by the end of summer then she had to pay for our meals for a month." Lauren has a crush on another girl. Bummer.

"Did she reject you?" I ask out of disbelief. This earns a snort from Dinah.

"Girl Ralph didn't even have the guts to ask her out in the first place." I grasp onto that tiny piece of hope that the girl she likes could be me. We decide to head out soon after Lauren pays.

The ride was full of smooth conversation and I learned even more about the one I love. "Is this your house?" Lauren asks me pulling me out of my dream.

"Yeah how'd you know?"

"I drive by here everyday. I see you sometimes." Lauren says getting out of her car. I smile at the thought and follow her as she walks towards my hunk of junk.

"Is this why you had to carpool with Ally?" She asks referring to my white Honda that looks like it's been through a few accidents.

"Yeah the stupid thing decided to quit on me yesterday and I don't have the money right now to get it fixed." I say a little embarrassed.

"Hey I could take a look at it for you free of charge." Lauren says popping the hood.

"I wouldn't want you to waste your time over here." I say praying she would still do it.

"Relax I already found the problem. I'll go by the auto store and get you a new battery later if you like." Lauren says closing the hood.

"I couldn't ask you to do that." I say not wanting her to spend money on me.

"It's not a problem and you can carpool with me until then so Ally doesn't have to go across town."

"Thank you." I say leading her to my door.

"I had a great time today." I say with complete honesty.

"So did I. I can't believe it took us this long to talk to each other. We have so much in common, it kinda sucks we lost all these years together." Her statement makes my heart do flips.

"Yeah it sucks." I mumble and I get lost in her eyes. We stand there for a while before her phone goes off.

"Well I should probably get going. Gotta get some bread." Her blunt answer causes me to chuckle.

"Okay see you tomorrow Lo."

"Later Camz." What did she just call me.

Laurens pov

To Dinah: Ally didn't really have an appointment today did she.

From Dinah: Nope :p

A/N
I know I changed pov alot but I felt like I had to.
Thanks for the positive feedback guys.
I have no idea why I used I Want It That Way by The Backstreet Boys but it will be used later on too.
Later ☆ -Mack

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

905K 41.4K 175
๐’Š๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
2.7M 64.6K 131
[BOOK ONE IN THE LIFELINE SERIES] lifeยทline หˆlฤซfหŒlฤซn/ noun "A person you can always depend on to help you in a really messed up situation where you n...
429K 17.5K 61
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ข'๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐œ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐š๐ฌ ๐š ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฉ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž-๐›...
Fake love By :)

Fanfiction

112K 2.6K 41
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...