Tricks of Love (Second Book o...

Autorstwa TheWitchAndTheCat

The story is NOT edited; I apologize for the problem, but I shall edit it as soon as possible. Jasper Lucas i... Więcej

Tricks of Love (boyxboy) Second Book of "Fire and Ice" series
CH. 1 When it all began (The cute koala)
CH. 2 When it all began (The funny grizzly)
CH. 3 Meet Kevin
CH. 4 Not his type, right?
CH. 6 Confusing words
CH. 7 Blame the horny beast (Part 1)
CH. 7 Blame the horny beast (Part 2)
CH. 8 You look like him
CH. 9 Open your eyes
CH. 10 The question is
CH. 11 Snow and tickles
CH. 12 Just do it
CH. 13 Perfection in simplicity
CH. 14 Our families, our friends
CH. 15 Disastrous beginning
CH. 16 Sweet confessions
CH. 17 Crazy and sweet, guess who's which (Part 1)
CH. 17 Crazy and sweet, guess who's which (Part 2)
CH. 18 What the hell?
CH. 19 Those words
CH. 20 My addicting cocktail
CH. 21 Pizza, soda and temptation
CH. 22 The Denisov twins
CH. 23 In the eye of the storm
CHAPTER: AUTHOR'S NOTE
CH. 24 Boy, what a day!
CH. 25 May the Happy-Birthday be with you
CH. 26 Brownies plus cream
CH. 27 All or nothing (Part 1)
CH. 27 All or nothing (Part 2)
CH. 28 Praeludium for you
CH. 29 Into the wild
CH. 30 Confrontation is the new meaning of understanding
CH. 31 Truly, madly, deeply and ... crazily
EPILOGUE: The Lucas-Denisov family

CH. 5 New degree of bright-alarming red

99.4K 2.2K 1.3K
Autorstwa TheWitchAndTheCat

Hello dear all :-))) Here is chapter 5 and hope you'll enjoy it!! Sorry for the long wait, but as I said my family was over to visit me.

Here is introduced another new POV and let's see what you think about it... Let me know, love to read your comments and messages and actually, want to thank you all for that and sorry if I cannot answer to all of them!

Dedicated to all of you and in particular to Nesa_1234, thank you for reading and commenting, you're super sweet!

On the right, a lovely banner made by JUURIKURAN

Enjoy xox

JASPER POV

“So cutie, you are going to his place?” Travis smirked and then winked in his usual way.

“Uhm, yep, he asked me and couldn’t refuse it. Boy, it’s always like that with him, I can never really refuse him anything.” I leaned back on a locker and observed my friend storing away some books and then checking on the back on his i-phone if he looked amazing.

That made me giggle, because Travis sure was vain, but not in a bad way.

“Hmm, so you cannot resist him and refuse him anything? That’s very interesting, but I am sure I can give you a couple of advices to how make him not able to resist you…” He played with his piercing and I probably blushed at hearing that.

“Boy, Travis…you know me and anyway I don’t see the point here.” I sighed and remembered Dima was straight. “He’s straight and you see him as well flirting with girls in schools.”

“Hell, he’s straight like a hockey stick, Jas. He actually doesn’t flirt at all, he just enjoys them flirting with him, because he’s a dense moron. Did you miss how jealous he acted before?”

“Jealous? Uhm, Travis I think you just see things..” I shook my head; Dima couldn’t be jealous of me, probably he simply didn’t like very much Kevin.

My best friend just rolled his eyes and closed his locker. I knew he had dance practice today and Alex was going with him. I observed him for other few seconds, thinking about what he told me, but uhm..jealous? Dima? Nope, that couldn’t be possible. Boy, sure, he didn’t like very much my classmate, but that’s because Kevin was very open and overly free and had nothing to do with jealousy. It took me as well some time to get used to him and I still wasn’t used at his attitudes, but he was a nice person and at least now I had someone to talk to during classes and somehow that made school less difficult. I wished Travis and I had classes together, that’d be uhm, fantastic as he’d say, but he was older than me.

I suddenly jumped out of my skin when I felt fingers on my sides tickling me. Oh boy, I couldn’t resist tickling; I was overly sensitive with that.

“Hey Jas, you ready?” Dima asked, looking from above with a grinning and bright face, still pocking my sides and still having me giggling.

“Boy, stop it…” I chuckled, trying to pull away.

In the motion of pulling away, my hand touched his and somehow our fingers connected. I almost shivered at his strong and warm grip, my heart began to beat faster; uhm, it felt so good and I blushed like mad when I realized I wasn’t letting go of it. Automatically I struggled to get free because I was liking the touch too much, but boy…he kept there and kept tickling me.

“Wow, you actually are super ticklish, how funny is that?” Dima was laughing and that made me laugh in return, but I knew my cheeks very bright red. “Not letting go, Jas!”

Oh boy, this was about to kill me. I couldn’t stop the twisting around for the tickles and at the same time I couldn’t stop chuckling and blushing, because our fingers remained connected and he was now closer, laughing in his warm and loud way. I didn’t know what to do or how to escape from this; Dima was way stronger and bigger than I was and it was almost impossible to free my hand. I turned around and tried to run away, he anyway stopped me and that made me almost trip, but his arm went around my waist and pulled me back. My head and back fell on his chest and my entire body stiffened at the sudden touch. Oh boy…he was so broad and muscular.

I breathed a couple of times to regain some air from the laughing and then saw River, Travis and Alex looking at us and somehow smiling in an amused way, especially my best friend and River, which knew I had a crush for Dima. Uhm, yep, didn’t need to tell him, he had guessed alone and he had always been very nice and helpful, but sometimes those two together would have me going crazy. Boy, they were terrible! I was grateful Alex never joined them.

Their amused faces made me blush and grow nervous, so I went to move, but Dima pulled me back and rested his chin on my head. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy…why was he doing this? Why was he always so carefree around me? It was as if he forgot I was gay.

“Man, sorry didn’t mean to make you trip. Ok, let’s stop it for now.” His chin moved on my head and felt his entire body still shudder with laugh.

“Uhm, yes..let’s stop it..you’re going to, uhm well, kill me otherwise.”

“Yeah, so let’s go.” He moved away and grabbed my elbow to drag me with him. I always minded when people would do that with me, but with Dima was different; I liked it. “Guys, see you tomorrow.”

“Yes, see you tomorrow and have fun this afternoon.” River smirked and he winked at me. I stared at him a moment with wide eyes and then stuttered out something like “Sure, thanks”, but not sure it sounded entirely well.

Dima was the funniest show to watch while he drove, because he would always swear mostly in Russian and made hilarious faces and gestures. Sure, driving in New York was crazy and stressful, that was true, but uhm, never met someone like him. My brother was always very calm and composed and even Travis wasn’t like that. Nic...I missed him and wanted to talk to him, but had to wait this evening, at this time he was at work and sure didn’t want to disturb him.

“Man, people are retarded, seriously. How can they drive in that way?” He snorted. “What do you want to eat? I am starving here mate, need to get something big.”

I giggled at that, he was always hungry and he ate so much. I peeked at him and realized probably with such a huge and sturdy body it was normal, and then I wondered how tall he was. Uhm, he was very tall, like Alex and Hayden.

“Anything is fine for me.” As long as I didn’t have to mind about etiquette and manners I didn’t care about the food. “May I ask you something?”

“Sure Jas just ask me whatever you want; no need to ask me.” He turned and smiled.

Boy, it was so easy to be around him, so warm and calming. Even though I liked him, it wasn’t uncomfortable and didn’t feel embarrassed, it was just, uhm, how to say it? Well, sure, that was: it was natural.

“Thanks.” I smiled back. “Uhm, how tall are you?”

“Not sure about that, I guess more or less like Sasha, so probably around 6’3’’ like him. What about you?”

“Oh, not sure either. I think I am 5’6’’, because I am shorter than Travis. Boy, I hope to grow taller.”

“Why? You look fine like this and it makes you look even cuter.”

My eyes immediately widened and snapped looking at him. Oh boy, what was he talking about? And why everyone was calling me cute? I mean, I was a guy and not a girl; uhm, well, I am sure he would call girl beautiful and hot, and not cute. I shifted them away and looked at the street, slumping back on the seat. Jasper, don’t get work up; uhm, sure, it was stupid to think even for just a second about what Travis told me, that couldn’t be true.

“I am not a girl, why people always call me cute?” I pouted in a breath, resting my chin on the palm of the hand.

“Jas sorry man, didn’t mean to offend you, but you look cute not in a girly way, more in a sweet and attractive way, I mean, when you were dancing with Travis last Saturday you looked cute in a hot way. Yeah, that’s it.” He grinned and nodded to himself, satisfied he found the right explanation, but I snapped back and stared at him in complete confusion and embarrassment, feeling my face getting hotter and surely bright red.

Boy, did he just say he found me cute in a, uhm, oh boy, hot way? Did I hear well? Oh boy, was probably Travis right? No no no…stop it Jasper, don’t even think about that. Stop it.

“What?” I stuttered out, my heart now beating no-stop like crazy.

“Yeah, I know it sounds probably weird coming from a guy, but it’s true and anyway you always hear Derek saying that about you and Travis, so nothing too strange over it.”

I think he really forgot I was gay and hearing that from a guy sure wasn’t weird, but well, quite embarrassing and flattering at the same time. We reached the shopping centre and dropped the topic and I was more than glad to do it, because I was starting to hyperventilate and feel overly nervous and confused; boy, how was going to be later in his room? He parked the car in the underground parking lot and then we immediately went to eat something, since he couldn’t resist any longer.

We had pizza and fries and he insisted to have two different types of pizza, so we could share it; couldn’t believe he still was that hungry, I sure wasn’t.

“I’m not going to eat all of it.” I tried to explain.

“Not a problem, man. I’ll finish what you cannot eat; I told you I’m starving.” He grinned and bit a slice of pizza, humming at the taste and then devouring it in just one huge gulp. “This sure tastes damn good.”

“Mine, too.” At home we never ordered or made pizza, because mum thought it wasn’t a healthy and appropriate food. Boy, how could she even consider food “appropriate” or not? Father never really cared about that, but just let her do as she wished to avoid discussions; he was home only in the evening and never talked much.

Dima bent over and eyed my slice of pizza, then grabbed my wrist and pulled my hand and pizza towards his mouth; he bit a big chunk of it and then grinned. I almost gasped at the sudden touch and tried to casually smile back, but not sure I did it. Boy, he could be so unpredictable sometime and completely spontaneous.

“Right there, this tastes even better.”

“Uhm, want to change?” I proposed, trying not to stare at his bright light-blue eyes.

“Sure, if you don’t mind.”

He gobbled down the entire pizza in few bites and then finished what I left over and not full enough devoured the fries. Boy, he sure could eat a lot. The waitress came over and asked if we wanted also a desert, but we were now fine; she looked at him and I shifted uneasy on my chair, hoping she wouldn’t flirt with Dima right in front of my eyes, but then she glanced back at me and smiled.

“Pardon me, but do we know each other?” She asked me.

“Err..I am not sure. I don’t think so.” I never saw this girl in my entire life and sure not at school.

“Oh, maybe you’re right. That’s a pity, though.” The girl locked a strand of hair behind her ear and I shifted on my chair even more uncomfortable, because I didn’t understand what she wanted.

“Man, you picked the wrong guy to flirt with.” Dima grunted and then pulled out his wallet. “Can we pay?”

The waitress looked at him and then at me and then gasped. Oh boy, she just guessed something wrong and I wanted to say something, but didn’t know what to say, so I prayed the floor would swallow me down to cover my tomato-red face.

“Oh I am so sorry; I didn’t realize you guys were on a date. Now that I look at you two more carefully I can see it. You look so cute together.” She giggled and then handed the check to Dima.

My eyes stared at her in disbelieve and I barely tried to stutter out a “we are not together” when he handed the money and just grinned. We looked cute together? Was she out of her mind? Dima did look anything but cute, he was hot and huge. Oh boy, here we go again, I said it another time, but uhm, he was hot. I mentally rolled my eyes at myself and shook my head. She smiled and wished us to enjoy the date and I didn’t know what to say, and then I realized he had paid for both of us. Not again.

“Tell me how much I owe you, please.” I said, while getting up, still blushing and flustered.

“Nah, no need mate. I invited you.”

“Uhm, not again Dima, please tell me how much is it. It’s not fair and..” He cut me off at once.

“If you feel so bad about it, next time is on you, deal? Actually, how about we go skateboard again together this week? So far we did it only once and it’s funny.”  He proposed and then led to a shop to buy a new cell phone.

That was true, since we became friends he saw me skateboard only once, but this wasn’t exactly the best weather for that. I had to give up almost the entire January, because it was too cold and snowy. My friends anyway liked Dmitri and I knew they would, he was easy to get along with; uhm well, all of them but Stevie. Don’t know why, but it seemed to me that my friend didn’t particularly like Dima and didn’t understand the reason; he met Travis and loved him. Oh well, maybe it was because he reminded him of his twin brother, but they looked so different. Oh boy, his twin brother. I hoped he wasn’t going to be at home, since the mere idea of meeting him had me shiver and tense up at stressing levels. Uhm well, let’s not think about it for now.

He just bought what he had before and then we browsed a couple of shops; I got a polo-shirt that even mother would like and he bought one as well, which made him look so good. Then he decided to go for a new pair of jeans and a new video game. Then we walked back to the car and he drove to his place. I felt myself growing more tense and nervous as we approached his house and he probably guessed that, because he ruffled my hair and winked, selecting then a loud rock band from the CD player. The music and his grin dissolved the tension and told myself I had nothing to worry about.

When he reached the place, I stared at that in awe. It was beautiful: it was a wide and large two stories cream-white and particulars in stone house, with spacious colonnade around one side and the other had a part that looked like a short tower. The first floor had many wide windows and a big wooden main door. On the other side were the two garages, connected to the house and with a terrace over them. The garden was green and simple, not strange or particular flowers or trees, but very well kept.

“Your house looks beautiful..” I murmured.

“Thanks man, you should see the backyard, we have a swimming pool, which we can cover and use during winter. Talking about that, how about we do something this weekend?” He parked the car in front of the garage and then we hopped off.

Oh boy…swimming with him and seeing him half-naked? Oh boy...oh boy...Dima half-naked..uhm, Travis was indeed influencing me too much, but couldn’t help my thoughts, I really liked him very much.

He opened the door and called for probably his mother, I think he did it in Russian and I liked the sound of his voice when he spoke his original language, because it had a deeper and stronger sound, more guttural. Uhm, well, Dima had anyway a strong accent when he spoke English and he explained me it was because at home they would always speak Russian and I knew he did the same with Alex.

“Mum isn’t at home, well, no one is here, so just relax.” He said, pushing me inside.

I smiled nervously and removed my shoes while he did the same, then followed him and had to say that his house was even nicer inside. It was very bright and had a warm and welcoming feeling, a place where you could really relax; my house was always super tidy and uhm, well, stuck-up, I mean, Dima’ house was very tidy and in order, but uhm, didn’t look cold. Oh boy, I think I was getting now slightly more nervous.

“Want me to show you around?” He asked guiding me to a room that was probably a big living room, with thick carpet on the floor, comfy sofas, flat TV and fire place, wide windows with wide curtains.

“Uhm, maybe another time..” I felt like disturbing him and I realized we were now completely alone.

Oh boy, I mean, we had already been alone, but somehow we never had been this alone. We never spent time alone at my place and outside usually our friends were there or someone else, and now not. I was completely alone with Dima. What was I thinking about? Boy, hope my face didn’t show my inner silly dialogue.

“Sure Jas.” He grinned and motioned me to follow him. He anyway showed some rooms around and they were all perfectly and nicely furnished, always bright and welcoming. Then he showed the swimming pool and he almost threatened to throw me inside. Boy, that wouldn’t be funny at all.

We went to the kitchen, which was a nice mix of country and English style and he looked for sodas and some snacks. Uhm, was he still hungry? I sure wasn’t and my stomach was now closed with tension and anxiety, because I suddenly grew aware of his every movement, especially when he was close to me and felt his scent even stronger than normal. I had to shift my eyes away from his handsome face or his muscular and broad body, because I was afraid of what my expression could reveal.

“Damn, can’t find it, maybe dad stuffed in the storage room.” Dima closed a cupboard and then turned to me. “Wait a moment; I’m going to look for something in the basement. Make yourself comfortable.”

“You don’t need to trouble yourself for me, uhm, really I am fine.”

“Nah, no trouble at all. It’s a Russian soda, you’ll love it.” His eyes shined with a warm smile and I simply nodded. Yep, I was a goner.

I sat on a stool and swung a bit around, trying to calm down while I waited for him, but my mind didn’t help much in the process and it kept reminding me how hot he was and what Travis told me in school.

Oh boy, tomorrow I was sure going to punch him for this. No, uhm well, I wouldn’t do it of course, I loved my best friend, but I tried to think about something else and when I finally succeeded in that, someone entered the kitchen.

“What the hell are you doing here?” A raspy and cold voice asked me and I immediately recognized it.

My blood froze at once and my breathing stopped in my throat, while my heart now beat erratically and faster, but for fear. Why was he here? Where was Dima? Oh boy, please just leave the room and let me be, please.. I slowly turned around and stared at him afraid and shaken, not knowing what to do or what to say. Would he beat me here? Oh boy…I hope not, please no.

“And who the hell are you, anyway?” He asked again.

Uhm, what? He didn’t recognize me?

He looked alike Dmitri and at the same time completely different. Well, they sure looked like twin brothers, having the same face shape, same blonde hair and same light-blue eyes, same strong jaws and chin, but their eyes and mouth had a different expression, a different light. Anatoly had a weird haircut, looking like a punk and I could see something on his neck, probably a tattoo; his eyes were hard and scaring, his lips thin and with a sneering air. He was less big than Dima, but I still wanted to run away from there. Where was Dima? Where was he?

He went to say something else, but Dima came back and he first didn’t say anything, just looked at me and then at his brother. In two long steps he was right beside me in a protective stance and felt all my tension washing away. I had nothing to worry about with him here.

“Shto  ty dyelayesh doma?” Dima asked with hard and assertive voice, probably in Russian.

“Noo, pree-vyet Dima. Eh-tah moy dom.” He answered still in Russian, leaning against the door frame and crossing his arms in front of the chest.

Dima visibly became angry, any hint or shadow of smile gone completely and I could see this was something he didn’t like, the fact we met and he was now worried for me. He was such a considerate and caring guy. I tried to look at his face and it was almost impossible to understand what was going on in his mind, so hard it had become. Did he really just hate his twin brother?

“Ktoh eh-tah?” Anatoly asked pointing me.

“Jasper. Ookhody, Anatoly.” He ordered, but didn’t get what he ordered. Uhm, he really didn’t even recognize me? Because I think he probably asked who I was and he told him, but from his face and sneer I could tell he hadn’t recognized me. How was that possible? Dima interrupted my thoughts by hissing something else in Russian. 

Boy, when Dima talked in Russian he had a different air around him and right now he seemed almost intimidating, uhm well, not for me anyway, I mean, he wasn’t scaring me or anything, but he sure looked threatening.

His brother glared at him in the same hard and threatening way and I was afraid he would react in some way, but he casted me a quick glance, then back at his brother, shook his head and left the room without saying anything.

ANATOLY POV

Who the hell was that brat? I think I saw him somewhere, but couldn’t remember.

He sort of looked not bad, but not exactly my type, plus he was my brother’s friend, which meant he surely hated me. Still, he looked quite yummy.

Yeah well, he looked at me as if he knew me, but couldn’t remember well his face, even though his eyes seemed familiar. Who gives a damn about it, he was Dima’ friend, so anyway it had nothing to do with me. My brother…he stopped calling me “bro” or by my nickname, Tolya, years ago and now he would hiss my name with bitterness and resentment. Bastard, it was easy for him to kick me out of his life. He had no idea what I was going through.

Right, what was I going through?

Just crap I brought upon me myself and no one else. No one forced me to join the gang and now there was no turning back. I knew it pained mum and also dad, even if he would never admit it clearly; well years ago he used to be different, but I think now he gave up on me. Could I honestly blame him? How pathetic of me was the fact that I didn’t hate my family?

And Dima? Did he miss me as brother or not? I never understood that, what was clear was how he hated and despised me and my friends…sure, let’s call them friends. Also Sasha hated me by now and I still remember how his punches damn hurt. That other bastard, to think we used to be such good friends when we were kids.

Whatever, I left the damn place as he said and walked back to the main door. I thought about what to do and decided to call one of the gang and hear if they were up to something; I couldn’t exactly disappear for days, they would get suspicious and damn annoying. They had nothing in mind, but simply said to join them for a drink and a race, so I went out and rode my bike to our usual meeting hole.

JASPER POV

Dima stood there in silence for few seconds, staring at the door and clearly conflicted about something; I didn’t miss the tension between them and wondered when they started arguing like that, but didn’t want to bother him with personal questions. Oh boy, I just wanted to help him in the same way he would always do with me, making me feel immediately better. My hand timidly touched his forearm and he looked down at me, with a serious face, and then sighed.

“Davay Jasper.” He spoke to me in Russian, so I guess he was still a bit altered from before and walked towards the door, then stopped and turned around. “Sorry Jas, I just spoke to you in Russian. Still want to play that video-game?”

He sort of smiled and I smiled back and nodded. And then…thought about the fact I was going to his bedroom, alone with him. Oh boy. Now I wasn’t nervous; now I was about to jump out of my skin.

His bedroom was indeed a, uhm, sanctuary of “Star Wars”, but it was also his room and the moment I crossed the threshold, my breath stuck in my throat. I tried to ignore the gigantic bed at the other side of the room, pushed against a wall, beside a tall French window that gave access to a balcony. Oh boy, that bed was immense. I saw also a desk and chair, TV and x-box, stereo, a couple of doors that probably led to a walk-in closet and a bathroom, like in Travis’s bedroom and then I saw a set of weights and bar-bells. Dima closed the door behind me and I blushed like mad when I felt his hand on my shoulder.

“Sorry about that bastard, I had no idea he was at home. Are you ok?” He clearly looked worried about that and I even think he thought I was mad at him. Uhm, was he crazy? All my silly embarrassment for being alone in his bedroom evaporated and felt like I needed to calm him down.

“I’m good, thank you, uhm, don’t need to worry about that.” I murmured, staring at his eyes. He studied me for few seconds and then smiled wide and warm.

“Glad to hear that.” He walked to his bed and slumped on it, resting his back down and sprawling his arms widely apart. He sighed loudly and chuckled humorlessly. “Can you believe it? He even didn’t recognize you, that sick bastard.”

He was calling his twin brother a “bastard”, but his voice sounded bitter and strained and I was sure he was actually suffering for this entire bad situation. It wasn’t fair and I felt sad for him, because I never saw him like that, never heard him sigh in such a tired and helpless way. This wasn’t the normal and usual funny and grinning Dima, nope and I wanted to make him feel better.

I unconsciously walked to the bed as well and sat beside him and don’t know what overcame me, because I found my fingers softly brushing his blond hair. He didn’t mind it, but simply closed his eyes and slightly shifted his head to the side, to give me more access; I kept caressing and stroking them gently, in silence and simply looking at his handsome face, feeling his soft hair running between my fingers. He seemed now more relaxed and a smile formed on his lips, which made me smile in response.

We stayed like this for a while, in complete silence, until I realized what I was doing and stopped at once, feeling my face getting hot and red.

“Oh boy, I am sorry…I-I..sorry about that..” I stuttered, moving away my hand from his head.

He opened his eyes and stared at me, then seized my wrist with a quick and strong grip.

“Don’t stop, I like it. Please, Jasper? It really relaxes me.” He smiled wider and I stayed there almost petrified and in complete confusion, my heart and blood pulsing like crazy and my cheeks now burning. He still had my wrist in his hand and I didn’t want him to let it go, because I liked the touch, but at the same time I wanted, because I was afraid of my expression and afraid I liked it too much and that wasn’t good.

“Jasper?”

“Uhm..y-yes?” Even my voice was trembling.

“I don’t mind it, why said you were sorry? For what? I like it.” Oh boy, sometimes it’s me forgetting things about him and I forgot how blunt and direct he could be.

“You don’t mind it? Really? Oh boy, sorry, I thought that maybe you wouldn’t like a guy uhm, well, you know…uhm, touching your head or being like this..” I was about to melt in a pool for the embarrassment and shyness, I didn’t want to look at him, but couldn’t avoid his intense and smiling gaze. “Well, thought you didn’t like someone this close to you..”

He chuckled and shifted slightly closer to me. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy…why was he that close? Oh boy, we were both on his bed.

“Well, sure I don’t enjoy dudes touching me, that’s true.” My face fell at once and I had the nth confirmation he was completely straight. “But I am not like Sasha and anyway, with you it’s different. I don’t know what’s about you Jas, but when you are around me I feel calm, relaxed and right now you just smoothed down my bad mood. So man, really don’t mind it and that was actually very nice.”

Oh boy…I think I was about to die here, I had no idea what to think about his words, how to take them, because he could just mean them in a friendly way, like between me and Travis and nothing else, but uhm, it wasn’t easy to simply ignore them. Words failed me right now and a silly and shy smile crept on my lips, making me look probably like an idiot. Oh boy, why couldn’t I contain and control my expressions and reactions? I needed to call and talk to Travis, yep, I needed that. I mentally raced for a couple of words to say, but uhm, nothing came out, I was still staring at him, blushing to no end, my wrist still in his firm and strong grip, his bright eyes grinning at me. Boy, I doubted he had idea what his words provoked in me and doubted he meant them in any other way than friendly.

“Uhm, well, thank you…I, uhm..” I took a deep breath and told myself to sound less nervous and talk normally. I took another deep breath and relaxed down a bit. “Well, I thought you looked nervous and wanted to simply help you somehow; you always do it with me. Uhm, I mean, when I am tense or stressed you know how to make me feel better, uhm, well…oh boy..I mean, you..” It was probably better if I closed my mouth, because I had no idea what I was talking about and I was afraid of saying something stupid.

“Really? That’s great man, happy to hear that.” Dima was grinning from ear to ear, such a friendly and open smile, that I sighed in relief. He really never minded anything weird I say. “So, mind to continue with that? I liked it.”

“Uhm..sure.” I wondered for a moment how it would be with him..boy, would he directly ask for, uhm well, you know what..? Oh boy, what was even thinking about now? It wasn’t the right time for this.

Dima closed his eyes and actually moved his head and placed it on my laps. Oh boy…I blushed to a new degree of bright-alarming red, and shifted my face away pretending to cough, in the intent to calm down my heart beat. I didn’t obviously succeed in that. So I tried to not think too much over the fact he was leaning on my legs with closed eyes and a calm and warm expression on his face, while my fingers hesitantly brushed his soft and blond hair. I thought then about the episode in the kitchen and how he looked back then, so I ventured a question and hoped he wouldn’t get mad at me.

“Uhm, Dima?” He simply hummed and boy, did that sound good to hear. C’mon Jasper, focus. I shook my head and breathed deep. “You actually miss your brother, right?”

He didn’t answer immediately, simply kept there silent. Was he mad at me for the question? Oh boy, maybe I should have shut up and mind my business.

“No, I don’t miss him, I mean, man he’s just a sick and twisted bast…” He halted and sighed. “Yeah, I miss my brother. I miss my old and cool brother, the one I used to have many years ago, the one I used to play with and have a special connection…but he’s gone, he’s not here anymore and don’t know what to do about that, because there is nothing to do about that bastard. I even don’t understand why he turned out in this way.”

I understood many things from his answer and I was immensely glad he had told me so; he had told me something that probably wasn’t easy to admit, even for someone as open and easy-going as Dmitri. Boy, wasn’t sure what was right to say now, but guess the less, the better.

“Sorry about that.” I simply murmured, while my fingers softly and slowly ran between his hair. “And, uhm, sorry for asking you something so personal.”

“Nah, it’s ok man. Told you before you can ask me anything, I don’t mind it one bit.” He was smiling with closed eyes and in this precise moment I wished with all my heart Dima would be the guy for me, that he wouldn’t be straight, because he really was an incredible person and not just…uhm, hot.

He let me brush his hair longer and somehow I was calming down and felt my face getting cooler and less burning; it was in fact very nice, almost dream-like, to be this close with the guy I liked so much.

We decided then to play the new video game he told me about and sat down on some pillows in front of the TV and x-box and began with that, but soon someone knocked at the door and asked something in Russian.

“Mum, come in.”

Oh boy, that was his mother? I never met her and I wasn’t mentally prepared for that. Would she mind me being here? Would she like me? Oh boy…I was getting nervous once again. A beautiful woman with long and curly blonde hair entered the room, smiling at the same friendly and welcoming way as her son, with grey-blue eyes and dressed very simple, but stylish and elegant.

“Oh sorry, Dima. Didn’t know you had company.” She smiled at me and I smiled back, than realized I had to act polite and introduce myself.

I stood up and timidly spoke.

“Good afternoon Mrs. Denisov, I am Jasper Lucas, a friend of Dmitri, it’s a pleasure to meet you. I am sorry to disturb you.” My voice slightly trembled and didn’t know where to look at.

“Oh dear, you’re so adorable and polite.” She placed her hands on my arms and pulled me towards her to kiss my cheeks. Oh boy, even worse than Michelle. “So nice to meet you, I am Natasha. I heard a lot about you; you’re friend with Travis, right? How is he after what happened last month?”

Oh boy, I decided to like her at first. She remembered what happened to Travis and genuinely cared for him. Plus she was so open and warm and not pompous or distant. Yep, not like my mother. I mentally sighed and then smiled back.

“Thank you, he’s good.” I answered.

“Yeah mum, no need to worry about Travis, he has Sasha taking care of him.” He chuckled and winked, meaning something else for “taking care” and I slightly blush.

“Dima son, you should learn from Jasper to be more polite.” She said.

“Man,  I’m polite enough mum.” He playfully grunted and rolled his eyes and she giggled.

“Have you seen…Tolya?” Mrs. Denisov asked with hesitant voice. Dima sighed and answered with lower voice.

“Anatoly was here before, but he left.” It was clear he wasn’t going to talk more about it and his mother caught that immediately, because she shook her head and then looked back at me.

“Would you like to stay over for dinner? We can call your family if that is better for you, I know some really worries for their sons..” Boy, she sure was very nice and welcoming.

“Uhm, thank you very much Mrs. Denisov, but I don’t what to impose and disturb longer than this..”

“Oh please, just call me Natasha, will you?” She as well had a strong accent, but slightly more polished than Dima. “Stay over for dinner, you are not disturbing at all, it’s a pleasure for me and I am sure my husband will be pleased to meet you, I think he knows your family. Oh well, he is the businessman, I am not.” She giggled and moved her hair behind her shoulders. Boy, I could see Dmitri resembled her in many things, they both talked freely.

“Uhm, but..”

“Give up, Jas. If not tonight, she’ll bug you for another evening, so just give up and stay over, so we can play more.”

“That is very nice to say, dear son.” She made a crossed expression, but was obviously joking.

I thought about my family. Tonight they had some business dinner and sure didn’t care about me, as long as I wasn’t going home too late and didn’t get myself into troubles. I had anyway to call Maria and make sure she was ok with this.

“Well, then I will call home and ask about it. Thank you.” I felt my face brightening up and saw Dima grinning at me and it hit me the idea I was about to have dinner with his entire family.

Oh boy, what was I thinking about when I agreed with that?

Author's chit-chat:

So, how do you like Anatoly POV? Did you expect anything of the sort?

Sure the title has the right meaning for Jasper.. :-) Will Dima understand the reason of many things sooner or later?

Next chapter, dinner and surprise!

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

148 25 25
Eighteen year old Jasper Williams hides his feelings for the same sex from his friends and family, he likes girls but there's something about the sam...
1.5M 56.1K 30
Ashton Black. A 17 year old homophobe who's been waiting for his mate since he was 16. He's soon to be alpha and in a relationship with the most beau...
25.4K 1.5K 36
#1 in LGBT 9/23/21, #1 in Horror 9/23/21, #2 in BxB 9/23/21, #1 in ZombieApocalypse 9/23/21 Killian's eyes flickered up to Jasper. In the afternoon...
2K 68 14
Two identical twins so alike outside, but so different from the inside... Blake the older twin is your typical fuckboy that loves to be around girls...