For Better or Worse (TMR cast...

By crankynewt

16 year old Kiley has always wanted to meet the cast of The Maze Runner. On Christmas, when she discovers she... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 20

2.2K 71 50
By crankynewt

When we arrived back at our house, terror raced through my veins. My mom would find out I lied, and I'd be grounded for eternity.

We got out of the car, and Emma and her parents strolled up to the front door. Jasmine decided to wait outside. Thanks a lot.

I stepped into the front door, and my mom was waiting for me, obviously angry. She held something in her hand, and I could already guess it was a magazine with my face on it. I gulped.

"Hi mommy," I said innocently.

Emma and her parents followed me inside.

"Karen! So nice to see you again," Emma's mom sung, her arms outstretched.

My mom glanced her way. "Trina, could Kiley and I talk alone for a minute?"

She nodded, and then herded Emma and her husband into the living room. I placed my arms behind my back nervously.

"Kiley, why is your face plastered all over these magazines with Dylan O'Brien?!" my mom exclaimed, her face turning red. "I thought you told me you were staying in Colorado, with Emma and her family?"

I laughed nervously, glancing at the cover. That's definitely my face with Dylan, the night we were leaving the pizzeria in New Mexico. "Photoshop these days, am I right?"

"How can you continue to lie about this?!"

"Mom, calm down. I'm okay!"

"No. This is not okay. You deliberately disobeyed me! And all for what?! To hang out with some arrogant actor?"

Now it's my turn to be angry. "Mom! He's not some arrogant actor! And you know how much those people mean to me! This was my dream to hang out with them!"

"I don't care, Kiley. You lied to me and could've gotten seriously hurt! Do you really think I wouldn't find out?"

"Yes," I mumbled, staring at the floor.

"Well nice try. Because you just earned yourself a month of being grounded!"

I quickly looked up at her and gasped. "What?! You're being so unfair about this!!"

"You heard me. Maybe next time you'll think before even trying to pull that crap off."

My eyes began to water. "I can't believe you! You're punishing me for living out my dream?!"

She narrowed her eyes. "Maybe in the future you'll strive for goals that aren't ridiculous. And since you want to argue, how about I delete the contacts from your phone? Just in case there is any Dylan O'Brien number in there?"

"Ugh! I can't believe you!" I yelled, tears streaming down my face. "You can't do this!"

"I can and I will Kiley. Go to your room."

Anger bursted at my seams. How could she even think of doing that? "I hate you!" I shouted, then raced up to my bedroom.

I slammed my bedroom door shut and flopped onto my bed. I grabbed my pillow and began soaking my tears with it.

Then, my door opened. Jasmine slowly walked in. She sat down on my beanbag chair. "Sorry Kiles."

I glanced up at her. "Did she say she was going to tell your mom?"

She nodded slowly. "Yep."

I growled. "This isn't fair! How could she do this to me?"

"I don't know, but I'm grounded for 2 weeks. How about you?"

"A month," I said, wiping my tears.

"That sucks. I can't believe she is being so harsh on you," Jasmine whispered.

"I know. And she is deleting the contacts from my phone, so no more staying in touch with Dylan."

Jasmine gasped. "What?! Okay now that's taking it too far."

I nodded, my eyes watering up with tears once again. "I know."

The moment replayed in my head. All I could feel was a mixture of sadness, anger, and confusion. Aren't mom's supposed to love you no matter what you do? Suddenly, I felt guilty for saying that I hated her.

I heard a phone ringtone and then Jasmine groaned. "Oh no. My mom just texted saying that she wants to see me."

She stood up nervously, and walked to my door. "Wish me luck."

I waved to her sadly, and she exited my room.

A few hours later, I heard a knock on my door. I still lay in bed. By then, I was pretty mellow. "Come in," I said.

The door creaked open, and my mom peeked her head in. I sat up, still feeling a bit down about the argument. She walked in, bringing a plate of pizza.

She sat it down on my nightstand and took a seat beside me. Her face softened significantly since our argument.

"I'm sorry, honey. I shouldn't have gotten so mad at you," she whispered, stroking my hair.

I sighed. "I'm sorry too. It was stupid of me to run off and lie to you. I was just caught up in the moment, ya know?"

My mom smiled weakly. "I do. I acted exactly like you when I was young. A free spirit. In fact, I was in your same situation once."

I raised my eyebrows. "Really?"

She nodded. "Yes. I was visiting my boyfriend of 2 weeks that moved across the country. I thought we were in love. I knew my mother would never let me go if I asked her, so I did it in secret. I worked and worked to have enough money for the plane ticket. Eventually, the day came when I did. So when I was getting ready for the trip, I told my mom I was staying with a friend at her beach house."

"Wow. I would've never thought you'd do such a thing."

"When I came back, my mother was furious with me. I threw a fit and swore to never talk to her again. And my mother was very hard headed. So ever since then, we haven't spoke. Plus, on that trip, I found out that my supposed 'boyfriend' was actually an arrogant and self centered jerk.

I gasped. So that's why we never saw grandma. "Geez. I had no idea."

"That's why I acted like the way I did. You could've spent your effort to fly over to someone you really haven't gotten to know, and what if you found out he was a jerk?"

"I would be heartbroken too. But he wasn't a jerk. He was amazing."

She leaned over and kissed me on the forehead. I lay my head on her shoulder. "I bet so, honey. I shouldn't have treated you the way I did. I was just so worried for you," she said.

"I know, mom. And I promise I'll tell you if I decide to do that again," I laughed.

She stood up. "Thank you for understanding, Kiley. And I won't delete your contacts."

I smiled. "Thanks mom."

She smiled and walked out of my room.

I got up and grabbed my plate of food. I began eating, already feeling better.

Then, my phone buzzed. I looked at the name, and it was from Dylan. I smiled. It read:

Hey. Are u home now?

I began typing back.

Yeah. Got into a bit of a misunderstanding with my mom, but we got over it. :)

A few minutes later, he texted back:

That's great. Glad all is well in Pittsburgh.

I typed back:

Yeah. I hope I get to see you again sometime.

I waited a few minutes, and then he texted back:

Me too. Everyone misses u here! U might have to stop by soon with ur friend Jasmine. She was a treat.

I laughed, and typed back:

I'm sure she wouldn't mind. But only if Thomas Sangster will be with you.

Chances are he will. He can't stop talking about her.

Really?

There was a pause, until he texted back:

No, lol. But I'm sure she crosses his mind once in a while.

There is a long pause of me debating what I should say. But then it comes to me. I texted back:

Do I cross your mind once in a while?

There was a pause, and I think I overdid it, until he finally texted back:

Would it be bad if I said no?

My hopes fell, but then a second text came through.

Because u cross my mind all the time. ;)

The WINKY FACE!! I screamed in my head. I squealed a bit, but then regained my composure. I frantically texted back:

That's cool.

He texted back:

Sorry, I gotta go. Wes is screaming at the back of my head. I'll text u later!

My heart fluttered. I typed:

Okay. I really hope we get to see each other in person again.

I waited a few minutes for a response, but it never came. I sat my phone down on my nightstand and decided to put my dirty plate in the sink downstairs.

After that task was completed, I hopped back onto my bed, and decided to text Jasmine and see how things were going for her.

However, when I turned on my phone, a text message was there. I read the name, and it was from Dylan.

It said:

Definitely. I can't get you out of my head.

I bit my lip. Should I text back? Would that seem obnoxious? I shrugged, and texted him anyway:

I'm willing to do anything to be with you again.

I smiled, feeling somewhat proud of myself. It's a cheesy text, but what can I say? There are just some aspects that Dylan and I share. Some of them, of course, are for better or worse.

THE END

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And so that ends another story! I'm kind of sad because this story was one of my very firsts, started almost a year ago (I know, my chapters are so inconsistent) XD

I want to thank everyone who read this story, and who knows, maybe there will be a sequel? ;) Oh, who am I kidding. There probably will be a sequel. I'd be pretty mad if I left a story off like this. But anyways, thank you all sooo much for your support. Make sure to vote and feel free to check out my other stories if you guys are interested. :) Bye!

-crankynewt

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

The Girl By gabbs

Fanfiction

93.2K 1.6K 69
A Maze Runner Fanfiction When a girl shows up without any warning, how will the Glade handle it? Will they figure out her role? Or will her role be i...
4.2K 193 7
𝑰𝑡 𝑾𝑯𝑰π‘ͺ𝑯. . . Evelyn faces the challenges of being a teenager, all while her and her friends have to save everyone from the end of the world...
47.5K 954 72
It's been a year since Claire first arrived in the Glade. A year since she woke in a dark box with no memory of her past. She thinks Thomas is just a...
14.2K 293 38
When the Greenie came up into the Box, none of the Gladers expected them to be a girl. But when unusual things started to happen, some of the boys s...