180 Days (TeacherxStudent)

Από AngieTheTurtle

180 Days: At first, it seems like a long time. But as days go on, you wish time would slow down. You start to... Περισσότερα

Chapter 1 - How the hell do you pronounce this word?!
Chapter 2 - Oh mai gush
Chapter 3 - What is sleep?
Chapter 4 - I can't think of a name so this will be it
Chapter 5 - Dat tension tho
Chapter 6 - He's Mintal (get it mental but his name is Min so he's mintal lmao)
Let me know!
Chapter 7 - Taekwondon't you do that bruh
Chapter 8 - Oh hell nah
Chapter 9 - What is a dilemma?
Chapter 10 - Cindeez nuts (wow that's so old lmao)
Chapter 11 - Damn bro like eyes on yourself smh
Chapter 12 - Netflix and chill lmao
Chapter 13 - Confirmation
Chapter 14 - Flatbush Shenanigans
Chapter 14 - Flatbush Shenanigans (contd)
Chapter 15 - Yejun goofed (get it ya done goofed, Yejun goofed lmao)
Chapter 16 - Eggs
Yejun II
Chapter 17 - Change
Chapter 18 - Don't look back
Chapter 19 - Living in the Past
Appreciation
Chapter 20 - A giant fucking turkey
Chapter 21 - Finally
Yejun III
Chapter 22 - Clarifying
Chapter 23 - Kanye West is my father
Yeong Jin
Chapter 24 - Smell my finger lmao
Chapter 25 - Light my pubes on fire
Chapter 26 - J. Cole has cooties
Chapter 27 - How is there almond milk if almonds don't have titties?
Chapter 28 - Soju nights
Yejun IV
Chapter 29 - Muay Taekwondo (get it? Muay Thai? Taekwondo? Smd)
Chapter 30 - Gelato is the shit, fight me if you think otherwise
Ayy!
Chapter 31 - I'll think of a name later
Chapter 32 - Neomu saranghae, Yejun
Epilogue
With You

Yejun

7.6K 271 217
Από AngieTheTurtle

"Umma! Umma! Look at my belt!" I stared up at my mother with a wide grin. She smiled at my white belt. "You're doing a good job, my little Yejun. I'm so proud of you." Staring down at my belt, it slowly became a yellow belt, then green, then green tip, blue, blue tip... all the way up to black belt.

"On behalf of the World Taekwondo Federation and Choi's Taekwondo Academy, Min Yejun, you are now a first Dan black belt." The Dojang erupted in applause. Master Choi tied the belt around my waist. Once he was finished, we both bowed to each other and I faced the Dojang. I saw Mom with tears in her eyes as she smiled in pride. Jaewon was reading a book and Cheolmin grinned at me. Even though I've accomplished so much for the past three years, my father couldn't be present. He couldn't see me take a three day test to validate whether or not I was ready to become a black belt.

I felt hollow.

Once we all arrived home, I saw Dad sitting in the living room. He was watching an MMA match. I wanted to hurt him. The one time in my life I wanted him to be somewhere, he couldn't make it. Apparently watching an MMA match is more important to him than seeing me get my black belt. Walking to my room, I was tempted to slam the door. My body hit the sheets as the three days of vigorous testing finally caught up to me.

I felt my muscles crying as I bit into my sheet. I was in immense pain. Getting up, I noticed I was limping and took a hot shower.

--

"Come here black belt." I stared at my father in seething rage. He never acknowledged me when I became a first Dan. Now two years later, I'm finally eligible to become a second Dan, yet all he does he mock me. I stood in the same spot, well aware of the later consequences. He called me over again, but I stayed. Walking over, he raised his hand to strike me. As soon as he was about to make contact, I blocked it.

His usual stony face was replaced with shock, then anger. "So you're a man now?" I stayed silent. Mom came downstairs and saw him towering over me. "Yejun, come here." she called. Turning away from him was the worst decision ever.

"Youngchul! How could y..."

I woke up later on in my bed. Mom was at my side and my head was pounding. "Yejun, oh my baby." She reached over to me, but I shrugged her off. "What're you going to say, he loves me? You're both the same." The shock in her eyes didn't register as I turned over. I felt the room spinning. He hit me really fucking hard. I took a deep breath and felt my heart drop once Mom started sobbing. Sighing, I got up and faced her.

"Don't cry." I said after a minute. She wiped her tears and stared down. "I'm so sorry." No matter how sorry she was, it wouldn't change anything. I'm still the black sheep of this family, and I can't even do anything to change it.

--

Leaving Korea was both a blessing and a curse. I was tired of seeing the same thing everyday, I was tired of living with my parents, especially my pitiful excuse of a father. I'm 26 and ready to venture out into the Western wilderness. I faced my crying mother and younger brother.

"Take care of Mom, Jaewon." He faced me, sadness clear in his eyes. "Mom? You're already speaking English. Will you come back?"

"Of course. Don't worry. Soon you'll follow in my footsteps. Don't you plan on going to NYU?" He eagerly nodded and gave me a wide grin. "I'll miss you hyung." I ruffled his hair a bit and he scowled. Facing Mom, I gave her a giant hug. She sobbed in my chest and I tried to shush her. "Umma, I'll be back."

"Yejun, you are the greatest thing that has ever happened to this household." she said as she pulled away from me. I noticed Jaewon seemed to glare at the floor when she said that. It's not a secret Mom favors me, simply because Dad treats me like shit. "I am proud to be your mother. First Minmin left and now you're leaving. Soon, Jaewon will leave me as well. Thank you for not being as reckless as Minmin. He just ran away and got married! My little Yejun is all grown up now. Your father is proud of you, do you know that?"

I instantly tightened my fists and dropped my smile. "If that man was proud of me, he would be here to say bye." She looked down and kept her silence. "Thank you for everything Umma, Jaewon. I'll let you both know when I arrive."

Taking a step back, I bowed and grabbed my luggage. I walked out of my house and headed for the taxi that was parked outside. I put my luggage in the trunk and went into the backseat. "Airport." I mindlessly said as the taxi pulled away.

--

About 20 hours later, I was in New York. I soon made it to my apartment and after three days of staying inside, I decided to go to Manhattan. I was surprised there was a Koreatown. People here looked like me, we all shared the same culture. I was able to freely speak Korean without getting weird stares at me. I spent a couple of hours walking around Manhattan. I visited different places and took lots of pictures.

Suddenly, the realization of my situation hit me. I would be teaching American high school students both Taekwondo and trigonometry in about two months. My English isn't even good. I sat down in Central Park contemplating my life. I'm 26, well, 24 in American age. I'm a fourth degree black belt in Taekwondo. I'm going for my masters in Math Education. I only have somewhere to live because of a person named Master Roman. I gasped and looked at the time. I was supposed to be at the dojang four hours ago!

--

I tapped the elevator and came upon the 1046 gym. I changed into my master Taekwondo uniform and awaited the-- my students. I did a couple of drills to warm myself up and suddenly became nervous. As I waited, the bell rang and students started coming in a minute later. My heart jumped when one specific girl walked in.

Her hair was curly. I've never seen hair so curly before. Her skin reminded me of chocolate, I only wanted to see if she tasted like it. Her smile was so vibrant, and for a moment, I wondered if she was real. I've never seen a woman with her curves before in real life. They were definitely in the right places. Why couldn't Cindy have her features? Her eyes suddenly flashed to mine and I looked away. My heart was wildly throbbing.

What the...?!

More students piled in and I cleared my throat. "Hello everyone, and welcome to Taekwondo class. My name is Master Min, and you all will refer to me as so." The class erupted into murmurs. Did I say something wrong? Did they not understand me? I saw how some of the students distastefully looked at me and had side comments. Had this been in Korea, they would've been disciplined. They're so lucky.

"I see there is a problem. If you have a problem with calling me Master Min, then please see the dean. I believe he will not have a problem with changing your schedules. Taekwondo teaches discipline, integrity and indomitable spirit. If you cannot comply to these, then backtrack on what I said."

Almost everyone looked at me in disbelief. The principal did tell me American students are known for having these reactions. A hand being raised caught my attention. My breath hitched in my throat as her innocent eyes looked up at me. I approached her, careful not to make it obvious of my interest. "Name?" I asked.

She held my eye contact, but seemed to fear me. Is it my facial expression? "L-Len Hunter." she responded. Len Hunter. Her name is so primal, how could she seem feeble? I walked closer and stopped in front of her. Her eyes seemed to widen as I slightly looked down. "Question?"

Len opened her mouth and closed it. Why isn't she saying anything?! I felt myself become annoyed. She shouldn't be afraid of me, we've barely known each other! And then the whole class is staring at us. Now they definitely have a bad first impression of me, all because of this girl. "I... W... W-why... Why do we have to call you Master?" I blankly stared at her. "Continue."

"Continue?" I had to keep myself from becoming too frustrated. Not only was she insanely cute, but her voice was like honey. I didn't understand why she was so annoying, but cute. "Master what?" She let out a small laugh and the class began to laugh with her.

She seemed to tremble, but you wouldn't notice it if you weren't staring at her. "I forgot. Sorry." I took another step and almost closed the distance between us. Her facial features are so soft, her lips look so plump. I want to feel them right now. "You call me Master Min because I earned the title." I responded. I had the urge to grab her, but stopped it by turning away and walking back to my desk.

Not even Cindy has this effect on me.

Classes went and passed, and I found myself becoming entranced by Len's spell. Her eyes full of innocence would always stare up at me when we were talking, but I would always become annoyed when she would look away. I want to see her eyes, I want her to know every detail of my face. I want it to become etched in her memory.

I watched as Len improved every class. I want to take her under my wing and make her a black belt.

--

After Cindy stayed over last night, I wasn't in a really good mood. She's too demanding. For someone so small, I never understood how she could crave dick so much. I'm feeling less emotion as days go on with Cindy. She's too annoying. The N train finally pulled up into the station. My heart picked up when I saw Len on the Q. I looked down and the doors finally opened. I stepped off and looked up, happy she noticed me. I waved at her and we went up the stairs. I wanted to say something. Maybe I should compliment her hair, or her outfit? She looks good in everything though, she would know that already.

"Good morning, Master Min." My head snapped to her. She spoke first! Her voice was beautiful. I wanted her to look at me. "Good morning, Len. How are you?" Our limited conversation suddenly became awkward. I took a deep breath and tried to give her good criticism. "Len, you surprise me. I expected you to do bad in my class, I apologize for having that impression."

"Why? Is it because I'm fat?" I instantly shook my head. How could she think that about herself?! Is she mad? "In Korea you would be fat. But here, you are considered chubby. That's the word right? You have what they call a pear shape. If you were skinnier, it would look weird." I wanted to tell her she was perfect. Her body is beautiful.

"Len!" We both looked behind us to see some kid run across the street. He dodged a car and ran up to her. "Hey! Are you trying to get killed?! Why are you so stupid?!" Len yelled. Some people stared as they passed, but the kid didn't mind. Instead, he slung his arm over her shoulder.

I felt my anger spike as he grinned. Was he her boyfriend? Of course she would have a boyfriend, she's beautiful. I tried to compose myself, but it was hard. My eyes bore holes through his skull as I imagined myself breaking his arm. "Want breakfast? I'll buy."

"Su-" Cutting off Len, I butted in. "No, I will buy her breakfast." The kid looked over at me. "No it's cool. I'll b-" I narrowed my eyes and cut him off. "I will buy her breakfast." He seemed to be intimidated by me. Good.

"Alright then. I'll see you later, Len." I watched as he walked away. I then walked over to a cart selling breakfast. "What do you want?" The man impatiently watched as I turned to her. "Len. What do you want to eat?" Instead, she only stayed silent and stared at the ground. I tightened my fists in anger and got her a muffin.

"Here." I said as I handed her the brown paper bag. I felt my annoyance increase ten fold when she didn't accept it. What did I do wrong? Why won't she take it?! "Why are you acting like this?!  Sir, don't you think that was too harsh?" I stared at her in confusion. How was I being harsh? "Harsh?" I asked. "Did you not see how he was acting?" Len let out a loud sigh and walked towards the school. Heaving a sigh, I grabbed her bag and opened it. Stuffing the muffin inside, I zipped it back and walked away from her.

--

I noticed there was a new name on the roster: Alaric Sonam. Once I saw him walk in, I knew this class wouldn't be fun for me. It was time for class. I went through the list and was finally at his name. "Alaric Sonam?" I met his gaze. "Present." Walking up to him, I slightly looked down at him. For a kid, he's quite tall. "Present, sir. You refer to me as Master Min or Sir. Got it?" His gaze slowly turned into a glare as he smirked. "Present, sir." His voice dripped with sarcasm. I wanted to make an example out of him.

"So you're a man now?"  I snapped out of my small trance and continued taking attendance. I noticed Aimee wasn't here. Alaric and Len paired up. Watching Len teach him kicks left me amazed. Her teaching skills were amazing. She even copied how I would demonstrate. They won't be partners for long.

--

When class was almost over, I told her to stay after class. Her terrified facial expression made my heart race. I sat at my desk and contemplated whether or not Len would learn to get used to me. I never meant to make her fear me in any type of way. That alone made my heart ache. Alaric tapped her and shook his head. So he doesn't want her to stay after? I am the teacher, no, I'm their Master. They must obey my commands, this is my dojang. What I say goes.

"Alaric, exit my gym." He let out a sarcastic laugh and faced me. "Your gym? Last time I checked, this gym is shared. Get your facts straight, sir." I felt my body go numb. I wanted to hurt him so bad. I never imagined wanting to punish a student like this, but the feeling was overwhelming. It took everything in me not to do anything about what he just said. Turning to Len, he poured sweetness into his voice, "I'll see you after class." His smile faded when he gave me a side glance and left.

"Do you have something against Alaric?" she asked, her doe eyes staring down at me. I wanted to caress her skin. The anger Alaric incited was unbearable. Looking down, I took a deep breath. I need to know this now. "What is he to you?" I responded. Meeting her eyes, I felt my rage slightly seep into my words. "What is Alaric Sonam to you?" When she never responded, I got up from my desk and slowly walked up to her.

"Answer me, Len." I said. She took a small step back as I towered over her. Her hair looked so curly. I wanted to grab a lock and feel it. "Because if I find out there is something going on between you two, if I find out he is your boyfriend, I will remove you both from my class." My eyes dropped to her plump lips. No. I can't. I felt my body slowly betray me as I approached them. I wanted to taste them. At the last second, I stopped at her ear. "There is no love in my dojang."

--

From then on, things got more complicated. Teaching Taekwondo, trigonometry and going to the 8th Ave dojang after was frustrating. Even after, Cindy would always want to go home with me. I would tell her about how tired I was, but all she cares about is dick. It annoyed the hell out of me, like she would say go deeper, but I would run out of dick. There's only so much you can do when you're barely six inches. Every time we were together, I would imagine her as Len. It sounds pathetic, but I realized I was growing feelings for my student. She's only 17. Cindy's 22.

There was one time Cindy and I were at it. I ended up calling out Len's name and lied saying it was Korean slang for having good sex. Cindy ended up yelling Len one time. I couldn't finish because I was laughing so hard, no pun intended.

When I finally broke up with Cindy, I felt free. I was finally able to let Len know how I truly felt about her. I wanted to go on dates with her, but I didn't want her to feel like I was leading her on. Cindy didn't take it well. I saw through her sickly sweet smile and knew I fucked up. I knew she would somehow get back at me, and I knew it would be through Len.

I love being around Len. I love everything about her. I love her honey coconut aroma, her laugh, her smile. I love how accepting and forgiving she is, especially after I asked her what African tribe she was from. Every time I think about that situation, I become immensely embarrassed. I especially love when she would tell me about her culture. It's disgusting how the media controls how you think. If it wasn't for Len, I probably would've thought all Jamaicans smoked weed.

When I declared us as a couple, I noticed she seemed to have a glow. It was nice knowing her group of friends supported her, especially her friend Kat. Kat was also able to make me peacefully sleep at night, simply because she is Len's backbone. Although her eyes scare me, I admire her for looking out for Len. One thing I hated was Alaric. Len doesn't know this, but I caught him tailing us one time. I ended up taking her to the library and we studied. Alaric eventually got tired and left. Another time, I caught her friend Aimee watching us on the train platform. I wanted to say something, but knowing Len, she would've looked around until she found Aimee.

But one moment I will never forget is when Len went to my house. The taste of her soft lips, her strong scent; it all left me in a daze. I wanted to take her then and there, especially when she was in my bed, but I knew she wouldn't be ready. When she bent over and I caught a glimpse of her, it took everything in me not to take her virginity. I imagined all of the things I could've done to her. I could've made her moan my name until she lost her voice. I could've done so many things to Len Hunter, but I restrained myself. I just only had to make sure by asking, and I knew she would deny me. But no matter what happens, it'll be us. It'll be Len and I. Simply because...

I love Len Hunter.

I never felt this way about a girl before. Dating Cindy Huang was only a tease. She's a sex crazed bitch, and that isn't what I'm looking for. I'm looking for someone who I can spend my future with. It's only sad I found that in a seventeen-year-old high school student.

--

Umma - Mother

Hyung - Older brother

I'm so sorry guys. It's been so long. Here's a chapter from Yejun's perspective. Don't hate me, but I think I forgot Yejun's age LOL. I hope you guys enjoyed this ;_; Comment and vote if you want to, but just stay with me <3. I'm currently on break, but I have so much work to do. I didn't even go home. The campus feels so empty! Anyways, I have a paper to start and a midterm to study for. Gotta love being an art major...

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

213K 7.1K 40
Excerpt: "I hate you! I scream walking backwards. "No you don't mami." he replies smirking and walking towards me. "Don't call me that." I say. Him c...
1.2M 41K 80
"You're our mate." I glance between my two students, seeing that they both were talking to me, and they were both twins. "...What?" I hear myself s...
118K 2.8K 17
"Ace...you need to let it go. I knew you were hiding something from me. When your happy, I can still see a look of guilt. You're ashamed of your acti...
The Bracelet Από Adrenaline

Ιστορικό φαντασίας

26.4K 1.2K 43
"Our heart is like a bracelet, it can be gifted or stolen, shown or hidden, scattered or together, kept or thrown away, preserved or destroyed..." he...