Crow's feathers - Naruto fanf...

By the_hooded_girl

After years of banishment the fourth Suna sibling returns. But why now of all times and what is her connectio... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 Traitor
Chapter 2 Blood
Chapter 3 Sand
Chapter 4 Regret
Random Note 1 Profile
Chapter 5 Love
Chapter 6 Guilty
Chapter 7 Birds
Chapter 8 Shadows
Chapter 9 Heart
Chapter 10 Stormcrow
Chapter 11 Renegade
Random Note 2 Taryn
Chapter 12 Secrets
Chapter 13 Leaves
Chapter 14 Promises
Chapter 15 Truth
Random Note 3 Background
Chapter 16 Siblings
Chapter 17 Gone
Chapter 18 Duty
Chapter 19 Kidnapped
Chapter 20 Priorities
Chapter 21 Those that are precious
Random Note 4 Family
Chapter 22 Maturing
Chapter Extra C-rank mission
Chapter 23 Ichibi
Chapter 24 First touch
Chapter 25 Jinchuuriki
Chapter 26 Faith
Random Note 5 Akatsuki
Chapter 27 Friends
Chapter 28 Betrayal
Chapter 29 Unforgiven
Random Note 6 Jutsu
Chapter 30 Nemesis
Chapter 31 Recruited
Chapter 32 The choices we make
Chapter 33 Regrouping
Chapter 34 Forsaken
Random Note 7 Numbers
Chapter 36 Sacrifice
Chapter 37 Forever
Chapter 38 Shinobi
Chapter 39 Soulmates
Chapter 40 Illusion
Chapter 41 Love over honor
Random Note 8 From the past
Chapter 42 Politics
Chapter 43 Confrontations
Random Note 9 Family 2
Chapter 44 Crossfire
Chapter 45 A world of Pain
Chapter 46 Complications
Chapter 47 Heart of an avenger
Chapter 48 The way of the ninja
Random Note 10 - Eye Jutsu
Chapter 49 Darkness of the heart
Chapter 50 No matter what
Chapter 51 The lost and the lonely
Chapter 52 War council
Random Note 11 Lovers
Chapter 53 Brothers in arms
Chapter 54 Keep your enemies closer
Chapter 55 Casualties
Chapter 56 Tell me something true
Chapter 57 Family Reunion
Chapter 58 Teammates
Chapter 59 Desertstorm
Random Note 12 Timeline
Chapter 60 The calm before the storm
Chapter 61 The Eye of the Moon
Chapter 62 Evernight
Chapter 63 The end of all things
Chapter 64 The point of no return
Chapter 65 No one can be strong all the time
Chapter 66 The voice of reason
Chapter 67 A price to pay
Chapter 68 My brother's keeper
Chapter 69 Prodigies
Random Note 13 Taryn's brats
Chapter 70 Something worth living for
Chapter 71 Legacy
Chapter 72 Motionless
Chapter 73 Never again
Chapter 74 Conspiracies
Chapter 75 We weren't born to follow
Chapter 76 Students and teachers
Chapter 77 Those left behind
Chapter 78 Hate and love and everything in between
Chapter 79 Guilt and blame
Chapter 80 Forgotten heroes
Chapter 81 We took the long way home
Epilogue
Extra: Priviliged
Extra: How to be a ninja - Daro
Extra: The edge of a knife
Extra: Black Wings - Kuro
Extra: No questions asked
Extra: Through hard work - Hiro
Extra: The might-have-been - Itachi
Extra: Marked
Extra: Inner workings of the criminal mind
Extra: Flock of birds - Kakashi
Extra: Moving on - Sasuke
Extra: Letters to home
Extra: Taryn Trivia

Chapter 35 When there's nothing left to say

6.8K 149 42
By the_hooded_girl

'I'm sorry,' Itachi thought while hurrying down the road. He hadn't meant to deceive her, but he had no other choice. She would never had let him go or she would have insisted on going with him. And this was something he had to do alone. Besides, he still had some arrangements to make.

His eyes saddened for a moment when he thought of Taryn. So many things were said last night yet so many left unspoken. And now they would never have the chance again. Perhaps it was better this way. He had tried everything to push her away, but it had proven to be harder than he had imagined. He had tried to set her up with Kakashi, who he knew to like her, but she would hear nothing of it. He had tried to hurt her. He had tried to make her hate him. She had forgiven him everything. She had kept his secrets, even when she didn't know why. And she had kept a promise he knew she did not want to keep.

Trying to detach himself from her had proven to be impossible. He had believed it was because of her stubbornness, but he knew better now. He didn't want to let her go. That's why he had to leave. If he had stayed she might have succeeded in talking him out if it. Running away with her was tempting, but it wouldn't solve a thing. He would still die. Sasuke would still seek revenge, but he would direct it towards her this time.

Itachi shook is head as he continued down the road. It was best to have this over with as soon as possible.

That was another reason he had left her behind. He was a lot more ill than he had let her believe. He didn't have much longer and he needed all his strength for the fight with Sasuke. That didn't mean he had left the moment she fell asleep. He had spent a great deal of time just watching her sleep. The feel of her in his arms... On that day they first exchanged words during the Chuunin Exams... who would have thought they would form a bond this strong? He had never meant to fall in love with her, but he didn't regret it. She was the only thing he regretted losing, but that image of her sleeping form in his arms was something he could take with him.

***

'I'm sorry,'

That was what the note said.

Taryn stared at it for along time. She wasn't sure what to think. Part of her had expected no less, but part of her was hurt. He had broken a promise. Was it really too much to ask for him to stay with her? She had wanted to say goodbye properly of she would ever see him again. She had wanted to go with him. But she figured he had anticipated that and that was why he had slipped away during the night. She couldn't blame him for that. She understood. He was just as bad in saying goodbye as she was.

Still...

And she hadn't even told him what she had wanted to say.

Well... she could be a lot more stubborn. She wasn't just going to let him do this. No matter what she had promised him. There had to be an other way. And she still had some things to say to him. Slowly she crawled off the bed and walked towards the door.

She was going after him...

***

"We're going to hit Akatsuki's hide-outs one by one," Sasuke said while folding up the map, "We're bound to find Itachi sooner or later." He walked outside, knowing that his comrades would follow. "What are we gonna do about Konoha?" Karin asked him, "They're still in the vicinity, looking for you."

"We stay away from them," Sasuke said, "if we run into them then you lot can deal with them. My goal is finding Itachi. I don't want any interference."

***

Itachi sighed. The talk with Naruto had taken up more of his energy than he had intended, but it had been a necessary sacrifice. Taryn alone would not be enough to reach his goal. He needed a back-up plan.

And Naruto wasn't the only back-up plan. He had taken all the precautions he could think of. Now there was only one thing left to do.

He waited patiently for Sasuke to enter the cave.

"So you've come at last," Itachi said.

"Who are you?" Sasuke asked.

Itachi stepped out of the shadows and looked at his little brother calmly. A crow was sitting on his shoulder.

Sasuke narrowed his eyes.

"You look taller," Itachi said.

"You haven't changed at all," Sasuke said, "your eyes are still cold."

Itachi's expression didn't change. "You're not going to just go crazy and charge at me like last time are you?" he asked.

Sasuke scoffed. "You know nothing about me." He attacked his brother from behind with a lightning blade. The crow flew up from Itachi's shoulder as Itachi was pinned down. "You have no idea how much hatred for you I hold in my heart," Sasuke hissed, "how strong it has made me. You know nothing!"

"You've gotten stronger," Itachi said. His body disintegrated into hundreds of crows. Sasuke stared at it stunned. Then Itachi's voice resonated throughout the cave. "Meet me at the Uchiha hide-out. Alone. We'll settle this there."

A rain of feathers fell down on Sasuke. His three comrades came running towards him.

"Sasuke!" Suigetsu called.

Sasuke shifted his eyes toward them. "I thought I told you not to move until I gave the order."

"Karin said she sensed another chakra here. We got worried," Suigetsu said.

Karin was staring up at the cave's ceiling. "Feathers?" she questioned confused.

Sasuke shook the feathers off and walked towards them. "Follow me," he said, "We're leaving."

***

The hardest part would be to determine which road he had taken. This time he had made sure to cover his tracks. Finding him wasn't going to be easy. He knew her well. She had to approach this logically.

She wasn't sure at what point he had left her. She had slept at least a few hours. Assuming he had left the moment she had fallen asleep, he would have no less than four hours on her. His trail would be cold, but not completely erased.

Aside from that, he would have to get some sort of message to Sasuke. Meaning he would need to find the boy first. Going from where she had last seen him, he wouldn't be too far away. And Sasuke was already looking for his brother.

Still... That wasn't enough information. Where would she want to die if she were Itachi? Not too far away, but in a familiar surrounding. The border with the land of fire was not that far.

Taryn nodded to herself. Standing around would get her nowhere.

Taryn looked around the canyon and gritted her teeth. They were outnumbered by far. Even with their skills combined, they would probably not get out of here alive.

She blocked an attack with her dagger and dared a glance towards Itachi and Kisame. They were both being targeted by five shinobi.

She kicked her opponent in the gut. Immediately spun around to wear off another attacker. She gathered her chakra and sent a fireball jutsu towards one of her attackers. She wouldn't use her wind blades, because those were long range attacks and Ryoki was out of the question as well. It would take too much time to gather enough chakra and it required a bit more space to be unleashed. It would only injure her and her comrades in the process. So gentle Fists was her only option at the moment.

Unless...

No, she shouldn't use that. It would only cause more trouble.

Besides, she knew it was exactly what Orochimaru wanted.

But if she would run out of chakra, the curse mark would take over anyway. They would have to finish this before that happened. Only... she wasn't so convinced they would succeed.

"Kaiten!" Taryn spun around too fast for the eye to see to ward off her attackers. When she came to a halt, she performed a series of taijutsu, all the while keeping an eye on Itachi.

He was in trouble. Somehow his genjutsu was being blocked by his opponents.

Kisame faced lightning users.

Somehow they knew exactly what attacks to use on who. They had done their homework.

When she saw Itachi stumble, she lost it. The cursemark started throbbing and strange markings were spreading fast across her face and her body. From a distance she heard Itachi call a warning, but it was too late. Now that it had started she found no way of undoing it.

Her eyes turned into slits and she glared at her opponents. They shivered from the dark chakra that emitted from her and in their eyes shone fear.

Taryn chuckled darkly, no longer in control of her emotions. She was already beyond the first stage of the curse mark. She took down three of her attackers. They were dead before they knew what hit them. Taryn groaned and fell to her knees as wings started to break through the skin on her back. "Shimatta!" she cursed. She had to stop this. But she had power now.

She flapped her wings and lifted herself in the air. She flew over to where Itachi and Kisame were fighting and released a fireball jutsu on their attackers. She was surprised at how much more powerful it was.

"Taryn!" Itachi yelled, but she paid him no attention. Or couldn't. Enormous power was surging through her. She screamed when a lighting blade pierced one of her wings and she fell to the ground.

She stood up and sent a large wind attack towards the shinobi with her other wing. He was thrown back against a wall and slid to the ground where he stayed motionless.

Anger went through her and she made ready for an other attack.

"Taryn stop!" she heard Itachi yell.

She killed two other shinobi with her next attack.

Everything was blurry after that. She wasn't sure how many she killed.

"Such power," she heard Kisame say.

Suddenly her wings disappeared again and the markings on her body started to retract. Taryn stumbled and grabbed her head. She was feeling dizzy and disoriented. She looked around the battleground. Bodies lay everywhere.

Had she done this?

She stumbled again, unable to focus any longer. Before she could collapse to the ground, she was caught by two strong arms. She was leaning against a firm chest. 'Itachi,' her brain told her. She felt herself being lifted and he carried her.

"I told you not to overuse that  curse mark," he said.

"Wow," Kisame said from somewhere behind, "remind me to never piss her off again."

Taryn's eyes closed slowly. She was too tired to keep them open any longer. Her head fell against Itachi's shoulder. "I love you," she muttered before blacking out.

She didn't notice Itachi's steps falter for a moment as he glanced at her stunned.

Kisame was chucking softly.

Itachi sighed sadly for a moment, but continued on his way, carrying the unconscious girl to their hide-out.

***

The four members of team Hebi came to a halt when they saw someone blocking their path. Kisame casually leaned on a wall his sword over his shoulder. He grinned at the group. "Only Sasuke beyond this point please," he said, "Itachi's orders. The rest of you are welcome to wait here."

"Alright," Sasuke said, "besides, we were only travelling as a group in order to prevent interference. So, it's fine by me."

"No Sasuke!" Karin warned him, "let's take him down and go in together."

"Heh," Kisame said, "I have no interest in fighting you. But if you insist on forcing your way past me... the kid gloves will go off."

"Karin... and the rest of you, wait here," Sasuke ordered, "this is my vendetta." He jumped past Kisame and disappeared down the road.

Kisame didn't move a muscle. He kept his eyes on the rest of Sasuke's team.

Suigetsu grinned. "Hoshigaki Kisame," he said, "and the broadsword Samehada, the sharkskin..." Kisame turned to him surprised. "Have you forgotten the younger brother of Hozuki Mangetsu?" Kisame smirked. "Ah," he said, "I didn't recognize you. You sure have grown, Suigetsu."

"Waiting around for Sasuke to return would just be boring," Suigetsu said while reaching for his sword, "so care to play around with me? Master Kisame?"

"Heh," Kisame responded, "quite cocky are we? Maybe I should cut you up a bit."

Itachi watched as his brother entered the room. He was calmly sitting on a throne, waiting for Sasuke to approach. "Those Sharingan..." he said, "how much can you actually see?"

Sasuke narrowed his eyes and glared at his brother in hate as he walked further into the room. "How much I see with my eyes?" he growled, "What I'm seeing right now... Itachi, is you dead at my feet."

Itachi's expression didn't change at that comment. "Me, dead at your feet eh," he said and slowly rose to his feet. "Well then," he said, "let's get to it." He drew a knife and attacked, but Sasuke blocked it by drawing his sword.

Itachi kicked Sasuke in the face and the boy stumbled back. Immediately after steadying himself, Sasuke attacked again, but Itachi grabbed his collar and threw him backwards. Sasuke tolled a few feet away. As soon as he stood up he performed the signs that would start Chidori. Lightning formed around his arm. He ran at Itachi and directed his attack at the ground.

Itachi jumped to evade the lightning and Sasuke smirked. He had been waiting for this moment. He jumped and ran his sword through Itachi.

Taryn smirked content when she saw Kisame a few feet up ahead. It seemed as if he was fighting a member of Sasuke's team. The kid she didn't know. She approached the group casually. She ignored the fight and eyed everyone carefully.

Karin was the first to notice her. Of course, the girl could sense chakra.

Soon after the others became aware of her too.

Taryn glanced at Juugo carefully. She remembered how he used to be, always intend on killing, even though it wasn't his fault. Mental illness, Kabuto had said. Taryn knew that Juugo had a gentle nature, he couldn't help it. That didn't mean he could be trusted. He was unstable and could snap any given moment. Still... he seemed in control now and that slightly confused her. What had Sasuke done to him?

Kisame's chuckle made her turn her attention to him. "You too?" he asked, "Sorry Taryn, Itachi gave clear instructions. Only Sasuke."

"Where are they?" Taryn narrowed her eyes.

Suigetsu had stopped his attacks on Kisame and was now staring at her confused. "Who are you?" he asked.

Taryn ignored him and kept her eyes on Kisame. "I asked you a question," she said.

Kisame smirked. "He doesn't want you there Taryn," he said, "if he did, he would have told you. He wouldn't have left you."

"Who is she?" Suigetsu now asked his teammates.

"She's Taryn Desertstorm," Juugo said.

"Yeah?" Suigetsu said, "what does she want with Sasuke?"

Karin snorted. "She's not here for Sasuke. She's Itachi's lover. She worked for Orochimaru for a while until she betrayed him."

Without looking at the girl, Taryn grabbed her collar and pulled Karin towards her. "Do you mind?" she hissed, "I'm trying to have a conversation here."

Karin gulped and Taryn threw her aside. Karin landed on her back and glared at her.

Suigetsu smirked. "You two don't like each other much, do you?"

Karin glared at Suigetsu and then at Taryn. She frowned. 'Something...'

Kisame eyed it all amused. "As I told them," he said, "you are welcome to wait here."

"Just tell me where they are fighting," Taryn said. She was getting tired of this If it would take any longer she was going to kill somebody.

Kisame shook his head. Taryn took out her fan. "Seriously?" Kisame said, "you're going to fight me?"

"Hey!" Suigetsu protested, "I've got dibs!"

"Shut up!" both Taryn and Kisame yelled at him.

"Put that away Taryn," Kisame said, "I'd hate to hurt you."

"Heh," Taryn said, "like you could."

"Even if It told you, you wouldn't find them and I won't let you pass."

"Then what's the harm in telling me?" Taryn asked innocently.

"Fine! I'll tell you! They're at Uchiha hide-out. But you won't find it. Only Uchiha know where it is." He gasped when a blurry shape sailed past him. "Dammit!" he cursed when he recognized Taryn. The Taryn that stood in front of him evaporated into thin air.

"A clone," Karin said, "I knew something wasn't right."

"Let's go," Suigetsu called, but before they could move Kisame lamed his sword in the ground.

"Oh no," he growled, "no one is going anywhere." He gritted his teeth. Taryn had outsmarted him. He should have known she would  pull something like that. She may have gotten away, but he wasn't going to let these brats escape him as well.

Itachi coughed up blood as Sasuke pushed his sword even further down. "You've gotten stronger," he said.

Sasuke's eyes held no emotion. "Itachi..." he said, "I have one last thing to ask..."

Itachi lifted his hand and waved to the side. Confused, Sasuke turned is head. His brother was calmly sitting on a throne, watching him. The body on the floor turned into crows that flew away. "Heh," Sasuke said, "the exact same words as before as well as the crows... starting off with your favorite genjutsu farce eh."

"So," Itachi said, "what do you want to know? It's not the last thing, but you can ask me."

Sasuke narrowed his eyes. "Let me try this again," he said. A sword was stuck through the throne from behind and pierced Itachi. The Sasuke in the center of the room turned to snakes and then disappeared.

"Genjutsu," Itachi said.

Sasuke's voice came from behind the throne. "I have one last thing to ask, you bastard. Answer my question or else the pain in your chest will continue to grow unabated."

"You deliberately avoided a vital spot huh," Itachi coughed.

"Who was it?" Sasuke growled, "who else has Mangekyo Sharingan and is the third living Uchiha?" "Why... do you even have concerns about him?" Itachi asked.

"After I deal with you," Sasuke answered, "I'm going to kill him next. That's why."

"Kill him?" Itachi asked amused.

"Back when you slaughtered the clan, you mentioned the existence of another..." Sasuke continued, "the other Uchiha you didn't kill... must have been a collaborator. Because no matter how good you were, you couldn't have taken down the entire police force by yourself."

"So you did notice," Itachi said.

"Who is it?" Sasuke hissed.

"... Uchiha Madara..." Itachi answered, "one of the founders of Konohagakure... and the man who first awakened the Mangekyo Sharingan."

"Founder?" Sasuke said, "then how could he still be alive? Are you playing with me"

Itachi closed his eyes. "Madara is alive," he said, "whether you want to believe me or not is you choice."

"Quit joking around!" Sasuke snapped.

Itachi didn't flinch. His voice was calm when he spoke again. "Every single one of us goes through life depending on and bound by our own individual knowledge and awareness. And we call it reality. However, both knowledge and awareness are equivocal. One's reality might be another's illusion. We all live inside our own fantasies, don't you think?"

"What are you trying to say?" Sasuke demanded.

Itachi shifted his eyes towards his brother. "That you think Madara is dead... is just your arbitrary assumption. Just like you used to think I was your kind and gentle older brother."

Sasuke's grip on the sword tightened. "That night..." he growled, "I could only comprehend and process it as a mirage. I desperately wanted to believe I was trapped in a horrible genjutsu. But there was no mistake! I was trapped in reality!" He performed a Chidori and threw it backwards. It hit the wall behind Itachi's head. "My eyes are not the same as they were before! My Sharingan can see through your genjutsu!"

The throne that he had stabbed slowly vanished. Another illusion.

"Heh," Itachi said, "bullish words and attitude as always. Well, I'll accept those words, for now at least."

Sasuke narrowed his eyes. "I'm done playing along with your parlor tricks," he snarled.

"But Sasuke," Itachi said, "it seems you still do not have the same eyes as I do."

"Heh," Sasuke answered, "then hurry up and use the Mangekyo to try and kill me. Or am I too strong now for you to measure your capacity against mine?"

Itachi sighed and slowly stood up. "What impressive confidence." He took a step closer towards Sasuke.

"Shouldn't we be getting closer?" Naruto asked impatiently. They had started a new search this morning. This time it was just their own team.

"Calm down Naruto," Kakashi said, "losing your temper won't help us find a clue any sooner."

"I know that!" It's just so frustrating!" He thought back at when he had encountered Itachi in the forest. Well, a clone of Itachi. Shouldn't that mean he was somewhere close? What if they were already fighting?

"We'll find Sasuke," Sakura said assuring, but she wasn't so certain herself. And if they did find him, what would they do?

Itachi had told her long ago where to find the Uchiha hide-out. He had taken her there several times, to teach her the fireball jutsu, to rest while they were on a mission. She hadn't been there in years, but she would be able to find it. If Kisame had been telling the truth, but she had no reason to doubt it. She should have guessed it herself. What better place to die then at home?

'Wait for me Itachi... don't die yet. Let me be on time.'

"The Mangekyo Sharingan are very special eyes," Itachi said, "from the moment they are awoken, they continuously progress towards darkness. And the more you use them, the quicker they become sealed."

"What do you mean?" Sasuke asked.

"The Mangekyo eventually lose their light."

"Blindness. That's the price of obtaining the power to control the Nine Tails eh,"  Sasuke said. "Heh,"  Itachi said, "good. It seems you followed my instructions and read the lithographs in the secret Uchiha meeting place." He took another step.

"Madara," Sasuke demanded, "exactly who and what is he?"

"The first man to tame the Nine Tails with his eyes,"  Itachi answered, "an immortal man who is both my comrade and my mentor. And the exceptional individual who uncovered the one other secret of the Mangekyo Sharingan. That is Uchiha Madara."

"Uchiha Madara and one other secret of the Mangekyo?" Sasuke was confused, "What other power do they have aside from taming the Nine Tails?"

"This other secret is actually the most crucial one," Itachi said. His Sharingan had changed shape and now looked more like three pointed shuriken.

"The most crucial?" Sasuke questioned, "so what is it?" Itachi didn't answer. "Well?" Sasuke said, "answer me."

"Let me start from the beginning with some old tales," Itachi said, "particularly about the history of the Uchiha. Madara had a sibling as well... a younger brother in fact. From when they were children, the two constantly tested and honed their skills against each other. Eventually both awakened their Sharingan and made names for themselves within and outside the clan. The two continued to push each other, ever seeking to advance their ocular powers. Thus the two came to awaken the Mangekyo Sharingan. It had never before been seen among Uchiha. And the brothers used their powers to unite the clan. The older brother Madara was named leader. However, Madara suddenly started to suffer odd symptoms. Like I just told you, these eyes are very special. The more you use them, the quicker they become sealed. With the end result being total darkness. That is the fate of the Mangekyo Sharingan. In exchange for obtaining incredible ocular powers, that power shuts itself down, cutting off the light forever.

In order to regain the light, Madara tried all the methods he could find, but nothing was effective. He despaired and haunted by the Mangekyo, he stole his own brother's eyes. Madara obtained new light. And it never faded again. Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan. By gaining a new host, the younger brother's eyes obtained eternal light.

Furthermore, another change emerged. Distinctly new ocular jutsu were born from those eyes. However, this give and take could only take place within and between clan members. And not everyone obtained new powers from this method either. These truths were only gradually discovered over time, after many sacrifices. That is the other secret of these eyes. Madara used his new powers to unite one shinobi clan after anoher. And he ultimately allied with the Senjuu clan of the forest and established a new organization that which would be one day become known as Konohagakure.

Later Madara confronted the leader of the Senjuu clan, the first Hokage, over the course the village would take. He may have lost that fight for leadership, but Madara lives on, along with his ocular powers. He has been hiding himself among the shadows and created a new organization, Akatsuki. Sixteen years ago, when the Nine Tails assaulted Konoha, that was Madara's doing, but it was stopped by the Fourth Hokage. Madara is a bitter, defeated dog. He is not worthy or capable of grasping Uchiha's true greatness. I am the one... who shall surpass Madara and become the ultimate shinobi. And Sasuke, you are my new light!"

Sasuke gasped.

Itachi let out a sinister laugh. "You have my spare eyes! From the  very beginning it took killing a friend to awaken the Mangekyo Sharingan... and killing a bloodrelative to obtain eternal ocular powers. We are of a defiled bloodline that has flaunted its strength in such a manner throughout the ages! And from the time you were born into our clan, you too were entwined in its blood-soaked destiny! Now come little brother! I shall kill you to obtain true transformation and finally be freed from our clan's fate! I'll break loose all restrictions and free myself from my own capacity! We are each other's spares! This is the true bond of brothers of the Uchiha clan!"

'I'm coming,'  Taryn thought, 'please hold on a little longer.' There was a huge amount of chakra not far ahead and she hurried towards it.

Sasuke closed his eyes and threw away his cloak.

"It seems you were able to see my eternal self."  Itachi said calmly.

"So, it was all for this eh,"  Sasuke said. He gave his brother a cold look. "I've finally arrived. The end of my journey."

"You say you see me dead at your feet," Itachi said, "but you can not win against my Mangekyo, so your goal will end in fantasy."

"Hn," Sasuke said, "no matter how much you use those eyes of yours... I'll use my hatred to turn fantasy in reality. And your reality... is death!"

Taryn stumbled for a moment when she reached the edge of the pit that was the remains of the Uchiha hide-out. The genjutsu in the area was so heavy that it disoriented her for a few seconds and it made her dizzy.

The next thing she knew was shuriken flying everywhere around her and lightning that struck the wall beneath her. The ground under her feet was suddenly gone and with a scream she fell into the depths beneath her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.6K 510 13
Amaya Uchiha is only 12 years old, yet she is stronger than an usual child of her age. There are many reasons but one of them is that, the night of t...
4.4K 213 24
Itachi × Reader × Kakashi After the death of Sakumo Hatake, Y/n Ikari was thrown away from the village in accusations of killing him. Even after the...
120K 3.1K 78
- Banished Naruto AU - Naruto had brung back the "Last Uchiha" Sasuke back to konoha bloodied only to be banished for "Hurting" their "Precious Uchi...
907K 33.9K 68
After her clan massacre and the death of her brother, Yuyan Hane travels to Konoha and is saved by Konoha's distinguished Itachi Uchiha who raises he...