Daughter of the Legend: Soul...

By TrueSupernatural13

In the end, I'm not quite sure I understood. There was so much left in the ashes of the fire that now ran my... More

Chapter One: Only in Dreams
Chapter Three: Safe House
Chapter Four: Krissy
Chapter Five: A Case! Finally!
Chapter Six: Remember
Chapter Seven: Homecoming
Chapter Eight: Case Work
Chapter Nine: O'Sister
Chapter Ten: Heart to Heart
Chapter Eleven: The Last Straw
Chapter Twelve: Under My Skin
Chapter Thirteen: Trouble in Tulsa
Chapter Fourteen: Fight Night Part One
Chapter Fifteen: Fight Night Part Two
Chapter Sixteen: The Zoo
Chapter Seventeen: The Curious Case of Rachel C. Winchester
Chapter Eighteen: A Place Like Home
Chapter Nineteen: Roadhouse
Chapter Twenty: Family Don't End With Blood
Chapter Twenty-One: Burden of the Gods (Part One)
Chapter Twenty-Two: Burden of the Gods Part Two
Chapter Twenty-Three: In My Father's Eyes
Chapter Twenty-Four: A Saint is a Sinner Too
Chapter Twenty-Five: Folk Tales
Chapter Twenty-Six: She Talks to Angels
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Mama Who Bore Me
Chapter Twenty-Eight: A Little Grace
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Last Call
Chapter Thirty: Burning Soul
Chapter Thirty-One: After The War
Epilogue
Fare The Well: An Author's Final Note

Chapter Two: Six Years

6.7K 257 251
By TrueSupernatural13

    I stared at the men before me expectantly. They, in turn, stared blankly back. No one responded.

    "Who is he?" I demand. Whatever was connected to this guy ,obviously, was bad news, but I wasn't grasping why the guys were not talking to me about this. Who he or what he was was something they were not keen on.

    "Someone from a long time ago." Sam hints. I raise an eyebrow.

    "And?"

    "And that's it." Dean states. "He is from our past and that's where he will stay." I scowl.

    "Well, sorry to burst your bubble Dean, but-"

    "Where is this coming from?" Sam inquires, cutting me off. "That's not just a name that is dropped nonchalantly." He crinkles his eyebrows in concern.

    "If you'd have let me finish, I would have explained. " He frowns. "A dream." I state.

Dean raises his eyebrows and Cas gives me a quizzical stare. "He was in my dream, no more than five minutes ago, and was as real as you and I." My father, uncle and Cas, all exchange looks.

It intrigued me, their silent communication. I envied their ability to reflect on something together with just a glance. Moments like these set off homesickness. I missed my friends and the stories and inside jokes, and of course, it made me miss Mom.

    "What did he say?" Dean asks seriously, drawing me from my thoughts.

    "He said he wanted to see me. To see what I could do." I flex my hands, "Like he knew me. Who I am."

    "Dean." Sam states. He is worried, everything from his posture to his eyes tells me that.

    "Who is he?'" I ask calmly, "Please, I need to know." Dean runs a hand over his face and sighs. Castiel frowns, lost in his own thoughts. Sam waits for either of them to respond.

    "Jesse was a kid we met six years ago. Back when the world was going to end, the first time, and he uh was..."
    "He is the AntiChrist." Castiel states, his eyebrows are furrowed. My state changes from one of agitated curiosity to alarmed concern.
    "Wait, the same AntiChrist that Crowley "hasn't had tabs on in a while", that antichrist?" I quote the demon. They all nod. "Holy shit." I lean against the wall, "So what does this mean?"

    "You know as much as we do." Sam says with a helpless shrug. Great.

    "He knows who she is," Cas states, "it won't be long before he finds her."

    "He's already found her!" Dean states.

    "Would the safe room keep him from getting to her?" Sam asks. They start discussing the possibilities and grand scale of what it could mean.

    "Uh, hello! Her, is still here." I enter the kitchen completely and place the blade on the table. "If this guy has taken interest in me, then we need to figure out a game plan ASAP. We just ditched one psychopath, I'm not ready to take on another one." I make eye contact with each of them. "What is he capable of?"

    "The question should be, what isn't he capable of?" Sam says seriously.
    "Fantastic." I sigh. My mind is racing. "How does the AntiChrist even happen!"

    "Just like Jesus happened. A demon knocked up a virgin." Dean states.
    "Wow, real helpful there Dad."
    "He's a cambion. Half demon, half human, like nephilim, he has more "power," since he is the AntiChrist, that power is amplified."

    "As in?" I'm still in shock of the title.

    "He turned me into a toy." Castiel says, still slightly offended by the last encounter he had with Jesse. I raise an eyebrow.

    "I don't understand, why didn't you just take him out?"

    "It wasn't that simple," Dean says, "We do a lot of things, but we don't like killing people. Especially when it comes to kids."

    "So he was a kid?"

    "He was eleven. Barely." Sam confirms.

    "We're the same age..." I close my eyes, processing the information, "So am I a nephilim?"

    "No, you were born human, you've only been tainted with angel blood. Which has mutated you into something totally new." Something not human, I comment inside my head. I sigh again, this was my life. Frustrating, always on the run, always fighting something bigger and worse than the one before it.

    "Do we even stand a chance?" If Jesse was a powerful as they were making him out to be, then I needed to know what I should expect.

    "It's hard to say," Sam explains, "Last time we met, he was just coming into his powers, and they were sporadic. It's been six years, he could have easily mastered them by now."

    "There were greater forces at that time," Cas states, "Lucifer was rising, which could have increased his power."

    "But he could still be that powerful, the effects of Satan walking around are still in action. Jesse could be worse than last time, and he'd have more experience now." Dean frowns.

    "Fantastic," I repeat sarcastically. The optimism was dwindling rapidly. "Is there a way to find him first?" I ask, attempting to give us a shot at the upper hand. Castiel shakes his head.

    "No, he has the ability to cloak himself from all beings. Demons, Angels, Humans, if he does not wish to be found, he won't be."

    "So we're just sitting ducks?" This was even worse than with Evangeline.

    "Can your cloaking symbols keep her out of his range?" Dean asks Cas. I raise an eyebrow.

    "No, but it would keep her safe from the Host of Heaven and demons."

    "Wait, wait, wait, what do you mean safe from the Host of Heaven?" I inquire.

    "Heaven has been talking. Gossip mostly, but enough to be alarming."

    "As in?"

    "Heaven is unsure of what to do with you. You're not nephilim, but they do not accept you as human, they are unsure of you. That makes you a threat. Plus, you're a Winchester..."

    "Great, so now Heaven is deciding my execution day?" Castiel's face is grim. "Would someone like to diagnose me with Cancer, because this day keeps getting better and better!"

    "It will cloak you from them, as well as Lily."

    "What!" I snap. "Lily is still alive!" The three men exchange a look, "Are you freaking kidding me right now?" Out of all the things, this is what does me in. "That bitch is still freaking alive?" None of them say anything. "Why didn't you tell me?" I feel overwhelmed. Sick to my stomach, I feel like the room is closing in. Panic attack.

    "Rae-"

    "No." I turn and go towards the back door, "No, I need to think about this stuff. Anything else you need to tell me before I have my existential crisis for the month?" No one said a word.

"Good."

    I walked out and sat a few yards from the house, in the shade of the garage. For the first time, I notice and old dog house and rusted food dish.

    "I didn't know Bobby had a dog..."

    "Cause he died a long time ago." I turn and look at the old hunter. His duffle bag was hanging from his left hand, a set of keys in the other. I guess he was home from Nebraska.

    "What happened?"

    "Like always, Demons happened." I frown.
    "They seem to be the number one cause of death in our family."

    "That's an understatement kid." He comes and leans against the garage.

    "What was his name?"

    "Rumsfeld. He was a damn good dog." I smile sadly at the man beside me. "So, you met Jesse, huh?" I nod in response. "Well whatcha' gonna do about it?"

    "Bobby, I just wanted to be done with it. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that I'm alive but...everyone was better off when I was dead. It would have been safe."

    "God damn, you two are too much alike, for your own good." Bobby sits down next to me. "Now listen here, Rachel Winchester, you come from damn good folks and have a damn good family. Family that would give the world for you. Ain't no one any safer with you dead. The only thing different would be that you were gone, and we've already done that."

His eyes were intense. "This ain't the end of the world. Even if it is, we have stopped it before and we'll do it again." I look down, feeling my eyes burning with tears. "It's just the next idjit wait to take his swing." He puts an arm around me and I lean into him. Bobby was like my grandpa, an old, wise, hard liquor drinking man who would have any of our backs in a heartbeat. I appreciated that. Giving me a kiss on the forehead, we both stand up.

    "And I'll say it till I'm blue in the face, but kid, you're too damn stubborn to let this shit get the upper hand on ya'," I laugh slightly, "So don't let it." I smile genuinely.

    "Thanks Bobby. I needed that."

    "I know, kid. I know."

    We entered back into the house, it was warm with the glow of the old yellowing lights. Dean was at the stove stirring up what looked like pasta of some sort. Sam and Cas were still talking at the table.

    The rumble of Bentley's Ford echoed from the front of the house, through the open screen door, the headlights flashing through the windows. Grabbing a sweet tea from the fridge, I pop the tab as Cassidy comes into the house.

    "Hey we brought a friend home for dinner." Sam raises an eyebrow.

    "Cass, we don't have friends." I laugh but feel the bitter sweetness of the comment.

    "Not mine, dummy, Bentley's. We ran into him in town." Voices come from the porch, confirming Cass' statement. We hear the door open and footsteps in the hall. The two boys round the corner.

    "Hey Guys, I'd like you to meet my friend. Jesse Turner, meet the Winchesters."

_____________________

HELL YEAH I UPDATED!!!!!
CLIFF HANGERS FOR DAYS!!!!!
Love y'all;) and have a great week :)

SPN 11.3 on Wednesday:)

~Rae

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.9K 2.1K 100
"one night he wakes strange look on his face pauses, then says 'you're my best friend' and you knew what it was he is in love" - "you are in love" by...
571 0 24
It's been almost ten years since Maggie and Dean said, "I Do", and a lot has happened. New additions to the family mean that the "business" of saving...
9K 363 14
"Is anything that comes out of your mouth the truth?" "You wouldn't believe me, even if I answered that honestly." • As soon as you learn that the th...
156K 3K 25
The Winchester's have a little sister by the name of Christina Mary Winchester, she's four. There's no where for her to go, so she tags along on thei...