The Way I Love You

By kate241

Paisley Conner has a great life. She has loving parents, caring friends, everything she needs and wants but o... More

The Way I Love You
Chapter:1
Chapter:2
Chapter:3
Chapter:4
Chapter:5
Chapter:6
Chapter:7
Chapter:8
Chapter:9
Chapter:11
Chapter:12
Chapter:13
Chapter:14
Chapter:15
Chapter:16
Chapter:17
Chapter:18
Chapter:19
Chapter:20
Chapter:21
Chapter:22
Chapter 23
Chapter:24
Chapter:25
Chapter:26
Chapter:27
Chapter:28
Chapter:29
Chapter:30
Chapter:31
Chapter:32
Chapter:33
Chapter:34
Chapter:35
Epilogue

Chapter:10

287K 5.8K 643
By kate241

*Paisley's POV*

I stared up at the tall trees above me and let out a frustrated sigh. I'm still laying in the meadow that my mother brought me to earlier and I haven't moved an inch since. My eyes darted around the meadow and with a grunt I pulled myself up off of the ground. I had just started to walk towards the paved path that would take me back home when I had the sudden urge to shift, so I did.

I quickly scanned my surroundings to make sure that there was no one around before I pulled my clothes off and neatly put them at the bottom of a nearby tree. I closed my eyes as the familiar feeling of the shift took over my body, I slightly smiled and when I opened my eyes again I was no longer on two feet but on four paws. I let out a happy bark and took off running in the opposite direction of my house. I was running at top speed, ducking under branches and jumping over fallen trees, my wolf was so happy to finally be let out because it had been a while since I last shifted.

When I run I'm happy and free, it feels like all of my worries are melting away. I had spent all day worrying about what happened with Xander that it felt so good to be able to forget it all and just let loose, to have a little fun. I'm still unsure about what I'm going to do but at the moment it's not a priority.

About half an hour later I was starting to feel tired and thirsty so I stopped at a stream that I had found a while back. I stared down into the crystal clear water, studying my appearance. My fur is completely white with large specks and dots of black in it, an even mixture of my parents fur. I greedily lapped up the cold water and when I was rehydrated I happily trotted over to a big tree that was a few feet away.

I plopped down right under the giant tree and rested my head on top of my front paws. I had just closed my eyes when I heard the quiet sound of falling rain drops. I opened my eyes and curiously studied the small rain drops as the fell onto the ground and before I knew it I fell into a deep, dreamless sleep.

**

*Xander's POV*

I clenched my hands and with a frustrated sigh I chucked the pencil I had been holding at my bedroom wall. I watched as the pencil broke into many small pieces and ran a hand threw my already messed up hair. I jumped backwards onto my bed and layer down, closing my eyes and putting my hands behind my head.

Ever since the incident at school I couldn't stop mentally beating myself up. I had promised steps that I would take it slow and try to build a friendship with Paisley before I even thought about a relationship, but of course I had to go and kiss her and probably mess up any chance I had with her in the first pace. Then I had to go and apologize to her for everything, she's probably overwhelmed with everything.

I was still deep in thought when suddenly my bedroom door was thrown open and somebody ran in. Startled I jumped up from my bed and glared at the intruder, my mom. I was just about to open my mouth and probably say something mean when I noticed the look on her face, she looked worried and scared. You see my Kim is usually a very calm and collective woman so seeing her like this was putting me on edge.

"What's wrong?" I asked worriedly. My mom gulped and steadied her breathing before answering.

"It's Paisley, she's missing!" She rushed out. As soon as the words left her mouth I froze. It was like I was paralyzed, unable to move or breath. Missing. That's a word that I never wanted to hear when it came to my mate. What is somebody took her? What if they had her trapped in a cage or a cell right now? What is they were hurting her?

That last question seemed to knock me out of the frozen state I had been in and my eyes snapped back to my moms.

"What do you mean she's missing!" I bellowed. My mom jumped back a few inches from my sudden outburst but quickly compose herself.

"She's gone. Ashton and Saxon called about five minutes ago asking if she ha crossed over into our land because they can't find her anywhere and they can't pick up her scent because of the horrible storm." My mom finished in one breath. My wolf was howling inside my head, demanding that I go find our mate. I turned and sprinted out of my room and down the stairs.

"Xander! Where are you going!" My mom yelled after me but I ignored her and only stopped when I got to the bottom of the stairs where my dad was standing with his car keys in his hand. I quickly shook my head at him.

"No that will take to long, I'm running there." I rushed out as my mom reached the bottom of the stairs. Dad nodded his head and I took that as my cue to go. I ran towards the front door and towards the woods behind our house. I only stopped to take my shorts off, so I would have something to change into when I shifted back. I immediately shifted into my large dark brown wolf and grabbed my shorts in my mouth.

I ran towards Paisleys house at a speed that I don't think I've ever reached before. I couldn't even recall how long it took me to get there because I was so worried. The rain pounded down on my fur, soaking me but I couldn't seem to care. I saw the large White House in front of me and Paisleys mom, Ashton, standing at the back door holding it open for me. I quickened my pace and jumped up onto the porch, shaking dry before entering the house.

Ashton turned around so that I could put my wet shorts on and I cleared my throat when I was decent. She turned back around and gave me a small but sad smile. She didn't say anything to me but simply led me into the living room where Paisleys dad and at least twenty other pack members stood. All heads turned towards me and most had confused looks on there faces, with the exception of Paisleys dad and her cousin Seth.

Alpha Saxon cleared his throat and all heads snapped back towards him.

"As you all know you've been called here because my daughter Paisley is nowhere to be found. The last time she was seen was earlier today out in the meadow behind our house, I went back to look for her but her scent was walked away by the rain." He paused to look at all of us. Every person in the room had a concerned look on there face because there future alpha was nowhere to be found.

"Now were going to split into groups of five am go look for her. I'll be in charge of a group, Luna Ashton will be in charge of one, beta Josh will have a group, his son Seth will have one, and Xander will have one." He finished. I was somewhat surprised that he out me in charge of a group and apparently so was some other people.

"Why is he in charge of a group? Why is he even here, he's not in our pack?" A guy who I think goes to our school called out. I let out a low growl but Alpha Saxon have me a warning look.

"Xander is here because, he's the best chance that we have at finding Paisley." He called out. Many people had offended looks in there faces because there alpha had just said that a non member of there back was more capable then them but they don't know that she's my mate.

"That's insulting. He's nearly a pup, what makes him so much better then the rest of us?" Called an middle aged man. The alpha let out a frustrated sigh but before he had the chance to speak up I did.

"She's my mate. That's why, now can we get going or not?" I asked angrily. Almost every person in the room let out a surprised gasp. I rolled my eyes and stared hardly at the wall.

"Okay let's get going." Alpha Saxon called. I nodded my head and started walking towards the door. Five men where following behind me but I couldn't be bothered to speak to them.

"Follow me." I barked out before I took my shorts off and shifted into my wolf. I saw a brick path ahead of me and I knew that that would lead to the meadow that she was in. We arrived in a big open meadow in less then five minutes and I immediately started sniffing around. The rain was pouring heavily and I was beginning to think that her scent had completely washed away when I caught the slightest hint of her scent.

My wolf went crazy when he smelt it and I immediately started following it out of the meadow and to the west. I barked at the other men motioning for them to follow me before I took off, following her faint scent. The only thing that slightly out me at ease was the fact that Paisley's scent wasn't mixed with anyone else's, so she wasn't kidnapped.

We followed her scent westwards for about twenty minutes before turning to the left and continuing but suddenly I lost her scent. I sniffed around all over the area but I couldn't pick up her scent again. I started to panic, what if we can't find her. The other men in the group were looking at me questioningly but I ignored them. I closed my eyes and concentrated very hard, blocking out the loud rain, and it was then that I heard the faint sound of a heartbeat.

My eyes shot open and I sprinted in the direction of the heartbeat. I looked ahead of me and saw a small stream and as I neared the stream the heart beat got louder and louder. I stopped at the stream and looked around confused. I was getting frustrated when I turned around and saw something that made all of my panic fade away, my small mate lying under a large tree. She was in her wolf form but I knew it was her because of how crazy my wolf was going.

I ran towards her small black and white wolf and stopped right in front of her. Her breathing was deep and even and I knew that she was simply sleeping. I nuzzled my about into her neck, taking in deep breaths of her scent, before lying my large wolf body over her smaller one. Paisley stirred when I did this and a few seconds later her eyes fluttered open. Her bright blue eyes looked around confused before they landed on me. She flattened her ears against her head and growled at me but stopped when she realized it was me.

I sighed and happily licked from one side of her face to the other. She looked surprised before she let out a frustrated growl. I smiled at her best I could before carefully getting up from her. Paisley looked around and her eyes widened when she saw that it was dark outside. I stepped forward and pushed my forehead to hers, she froze for a moment before relaxing. I closed my eyes and sighed happily, my mate is safe and that's all that matters.

......................................................................

Hey guys! So I'm sorry that it took me so long to update but wattpad is being weird and kept deleting the chapter. But anyways I hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading!(:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.5K 1.2K 27
The year is 2040, Kaydence Evans is trying to survive college in a world full of werewolves. She has been trained by her father for past 10 years in...
436K 14K 31
Ashely was a normal girl. well more or less. her old pack tortured her... but when a change of events happened she found herself with her mate, Zane...
3K 69 19
Ally is a 16-year-old girl she goes to high school and lives with her family.there are a couple ways around that sentence.for example yes she's a gir...
191K 5.8K 27
Abigail seemed to have had the perfect life. She was by no means at the peak of the popularity food chain, but was content with her handful of friend...