The Vampire King

By miss__imperfection_

Highest rank - #1 in Vampire ** In a world far beyond human imagination, into the deep roots of the vampire r... More

1. The Prophecy
2. Captured.
3. Ten Years.
6. Vampires
7. Fear
8. Just A Beginning
9. More Enemies.
10. He Cares. He Cares Not.
11 . The Dream
12. The Devil's Sweet Sister
14. Shopping With His Majesty.
15. Crybaby
16. What?
17. Rain, Rain, Go Away.
17. Rain, Rain, Go Away. Part 2
18. An Emotion So Unknown.
19. Mysteries.
20. Vulnerable.
20. Vulnerable (pt 2)
21. So Close Yet So Far.
22. On My Mind.
23. What I See.
24. Royal Ball.
25. Unexpected.
26. I Hate You.
27. Vampire Hunters
28. Surprise, Surprise.
28. Surprise, Surprise. (Pt. 2)
29. The Choice Is Yours.
30. Confusion.
31. Past. (part 1)
31. Past (part 2)
32. Invisible.
33. Mates.
34. The Locked Room.
35. More Mysteries.
36. Preparations.
37. A Night To Remember.
37. A Night To Remember. (Pt 2)
38. Day And Night.
39. Feel Again.
40. Why Does It Hurt?
41. Answers.
42. One Last Time.
Author's Important Message
Published on Kindle

13. Shopping With Who?

195K 8.2K 2.8K
By miss__imperfection_

"I can't even remember the last time someone could make me feel this way, but the last time someone did, I was left fucking destroyed."

____________________________________

The King's Office,

Crystaline Castle.

**

"You want to what?!"

I jumped at the King's suddenly raised voice.

He looked at me a glare that can have anyone on their knees, begging for mercy. So basically, how he always looks at me.

Let me rewind. What actually happened was that Emma thought it would be a good idea for us to go shopping at the mall since I have never stepped a foot out of this castle. She wanted to show me what's it's like outside these walls and that it's "not all bad".

So now here I am, trying not to shake from the fear taking over my body as the King glared at me even though I haven't even said a word ever since I stepped a foot in his office. On the other hand, Emma was confident and she looked like she wouldn't back down without a fight.

That's because she's his sister, he won't hurt. But me, he would probably kill me in a blink if I even sneezed.

The king was pacing back and forth infront of his desk. I took a moment to really take him in, he was dressed as sharp as he always was. A navy blue shirt clunged to his body with a black tie tied around it. He wore a black suit and a pair of matching dress shoes to complete the look. Each strand of his midnight black hair was perfectly styled.

Oh my...

Here comes those thoughts again.

"Damien, come on. We won't be long, it would be nice if we hang out since all the "friends" I have, their only friends with me because I'm your sister. They only befriend me because of my title. Please I want to get to know her, she seems different. I think she would make a great best friend. She's been locked up all her life, so she doesn't even know the meaning of using other people for her own benefit. She's not going to hurt me."

Uhm, hello, I'm right here. I wanted to yell but thought against it.

I suddenly noticed there was another man in the room who looked like he's in his early twenties but I knew he was a Vampire which meant he must be way past that age. He had black hair like Damien's but light brown eyes. His skin was tan while he dressed just as fancy as Damien.

He's been so quiet this whole time, just leaning against the book shelf with his arms crossed infront of him. I also didn't miss the way he was looking at Emma, it was almost like he adored her.

Realizing I'm looking at him, he finally spoke up, "Damien, I think you should let them go, girls have there own personal stuff that they need to buy even if she's going to live for just four months."

But Damien sent him a death glare which shut him up before he could speak another word.

"Emma, she's not our fucking guest. She's a prisoners so I won't let her outside this castle. Who knows what she's actually capable of? Maybe it's just an act to get you to trust her so she can plan her escape. Just because I granted her life for four more months, doesn't mean she's allowed to do whatever the hell she wants. She's to be kept like a slave."

Emma still didn't back down, "But, --"

"I don't want to hear anymore on this topic."

Suddenly, Emma's eyes changed color again, from light green to a stormy black.

"Damien, you're going to regret every single thing you put her through. Trust me, and when you do, it would be way past too late. You're gonna want to take it all back, change the past. But that past is going to haunt you in your dreams and torture you during the day. The guilt will eat you alive and the regret is going to make you wish you died."

Damien rushed to his sister's side and shook her by the shoulders, "Emma, snap out of it."

I guess shaking her worked because a moment later, she looked at him with her green eyes as Damien turn towards the other guy, "Eric, take the human back to my room."

Eric grabbed my arm lightly, surprisingly. He lead me out of the office and into the dark hallway with the candles as the only source of light.
He still had the grip on my arm as we walked back in silence.

He stopped infront of the King's room and I turned towards him, "Thank you, uhm..."

"Call me Eric. I'm Damien's right hand by the way, and also his best friend. Actually his only friend, now that I think about it."

"Damien has friends?" I blurted out without thinking.

For some reason I couldn't imagine Damien getting along with someone, what are his conversations like, "Dude did you kill those five innocent people I sent you after? Okay. Here's a $500 bill, buy what you want." I cringed.

Eric laughed, "You do know I can read your mind, right?"

"What?! You need to respect other's privacy you know. Wait. If you can read my mind then why can't Damien just do that so he will know I don't have any plans against him?"

"That's because he can't read your mind."

"But how's that possible? I thought all vampires could read mind?"

"They can. Damien can read everyone's mind except yours. It's crazy isn't it? I don't know why he can't. I've never heard of this before, a vampire not being able to read someone's mind. You must be really special, Alexis Smith." he smirked and I wondered how can someone like Eric be Damien's friend. He seemed to be an easy to talk to person while Damien is always ready to snap your neck even if you make a noise.

"Why, thank you. I'm not going to argue with you on that one, Lexi. I am the cooler best friend while Damien... He can sometimes be a pain in the ass, scratch that, he always walks like he has a stick up his ass." Eric said laughing.

"And I'm going to take that stick out and hit you over the head with it if you don't shut the fuck up."

I quickly looked back to see Damien standing there looking pissed as hell with both hands clenched on his sides.

"Chill, bro, I was just kidding. You should be thankful I didn't her how you always get a bo--"

"ENOUGH, get out of here!" Damien's rudeness cut him off.

His angry tone didn't seem to effect Eric as he just let out a chuckle and his frame simply retrieved down the hall.

I kept my gaze down as I reached for the door knob to go inside the room but the King stopped me by grabbing onto my left arm.

Millions of tiny little shivers spread across my skin where his hand touched, and as he pulled his hand back, the aftermath of those goosebumps left behind a tingly feeling.

I looked up to his face to find him looking at me with a straight face but the lightest shade of pink coated his cheeks.

"Be ready by twelve p.m tomorrow." He said, and without any further explanation, turned around and started to walk away.

"Wait," I called him, "why?"

He stopped mid step and turned around, "you want to go shopping or not?"

"Who am I going with?" I had to check the water temperature before I jumped in, right?

"With me."

He said that like it's the most obvious thing in this world.

Shopping?

With him?

I might as well throw myself infront of the train. Who knows what he might do to me? Maybe it's just to get me out of the castle and he might feed me to the hungry blood suckers. No matter how much I want to explore the outside world, I would rather stay in than go out with the Devil himself.

"I'm not going with you."

You could clearly see the hesitation in my voice. I just wanted to say that as nicely as possible so he wouldn't think I'm disobeying him or something.

He closed the distance between us in less than a second. My instincts allowed me to step back as far away as possible to the point where I was trapped between him and the door.

Damn it.

His rough hand swiftly snaked around my waist while I tried to avoid making eye contact with him because all that seemed to do was make me get this warm, fuzzy feeling inside. It makes my mind go crazy in an overdrive and my breathing gets faster and for some reason it seems like I just ran a mile.

"Let me rephrase that," he said in a hard voice, "tomorrow, you are to go shopping with me and get all the things you need to survive these four months. Do you understand?"

I nodded, as I tried to calm down my increasing heart rate.

"Good girl."

*******************************

-J.S

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.8K 1.8K 60
"You need to understand this." He stepped closer, "I'm going to protect you Seraphina. Now and forever. Even if you choose to leave. You're someone I...
499K 13.4K 42
The fate of a not so human king and a definitely human girl became entangled in a single meeting. A teenage girl from the 21st century somehow ended...
4.7K 209 18
*REWRITE CAN BE FOUND ON MY ACCOUNT, THIS VERSION IS DISCONTINUED Adonis had been alive for an excruciatingly long time. His heart shattered over an...
5.9M 302K 46
She was told to fear him... She was told that his evil would devour her... She was told to stay far away... But what if they were all wrong? What if...