Vermillion's Magic Academy (Y...

By theyaoiarmy

Farmer's son, Harumi Rei, gets a chance of lifetime to become a wizard. Coming from a humble life, Harumi nev... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Volume 1 - Discussion
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Holyshit! It's 2018.

Chapter 10

2.3K 111 3
By theyaoiarmy

I was transported to another world like my reality had stopped for a moment. I was trying to get a hold of myself. The sweltering sensations were still lingering on my body.

What just happened?

I was fixed on the bed, staring at the ceilings. I finally regained a little bit of control of my body. I was shaking...

I looked up and saw a surprised look on Akihiko's face. He was horrified and worried by something...

What could it be?

Then, thoughts started flowing to my mind.

Akihiko was trying to help me. He wanted me to pass the examination. My training didn't help, and I was still weak. We were at a lost until Akihiko thought about using ancient magic to help me become stronger—a peculiar magic that requires... a blood pact. Link magic...I remember Akihiko grabbing a knife, and I instantly panicked. I didn't like pain or the sight of blood. So, I asked him if there was any other way...and he suggested that we...should...do this.

Ah, yes...and now, here we are in this position...

Why are we almost naked...?

Why do I feel so hot...?

What is this feeling...?

There was no point of pondering, and I shrugged it off.

Harumi: Um...Akihiko...

Akihiko was startled by my voice. He quickly got up and took his shirt from the floor and put it on.

Akihiko: I'm sorry...Harumi...I didn't know what got into me.

I looked at him with a blank stare. I didn't know what to say, so I feigned innocence.

Harumi: You were just trying to cast the spell, right? So...um...did it work?

Akihiko was just standing there...frozen. I never saw this side of him. He was always on top of everything and level headed.

Harumi: Akihiko? Are you okay?

Akihiko: Um...um...I forgot to...cast the spell.

Harumi: Um...it's okay...you can cast it next time, right?

Akihiko: Um...yea...sure. Let's try it again.

I buttoned up my shirt and, Akihiko sat right next to me and moved forward. He paused for a few seconds that felt like forever. I was looking at him straight in his eyes. He looked worried...

Akihiko: Okay, this time, I will do it right. I'm going to start.

We had to do this again...

Will I feel the same sensation again?

Akihiko raised his hand to move my chin closer to him.

His hands were cold...

I closed my eyes and felt Akihiko's lips. It was different from before as if it didn't have any life. His lips were very cold...

My eyes were still close when I burst of light radiated through my eye lids. A sudden surge of energy flowed through my veins. My whole body was scorching in magic energy. After a few seconds, it stopped.

Harumi: Did it work? Did you do it?

Akihiko: There is only one way to find out. Let's go to the training grounds.

Akihiko took a spell book and grabbed my arm, and we headed to the training grounds.

________________________________

I was excited to try this out. My body felt different...like my insides were on fire. This must be a sign that I got stronger. Then again, I was just borrowing Akihiko's power. This wasn't mine...but I had no other choice. I didn't want to fail. I thought to myself that if I could just stay longer and learn here, in this academy; I wouldn't need someone else's power--I could learn to have my own.

We arrived at the training grounds, and Akihiko set up the magic wall.

Akihiko: Try casting fireball...

Harumi: Okay! Here I go, visualize...FIRE BALL!

A massive fireball emerged from my magic circle just like Akihiko's. My eyes couldn't believe it. I was left shocked. That thing came from me...The link magic worked!

Akihiko: What is that on your wrist--an ancient symbol?

Harumi: What?

I raised my wrist and saw the symbol. I noticed that Akihiko had the same thing on his wrist, and I gently grabbed his arm.

Harumi: Look, you have it too.

Akihiko: That's odd...I am guessing this is what links us.

Akihiko paused.

Akihiko: Plus, you are using my magic energy. I felt a little bit of my mana was drained when you casted a spell...I wonder how long this link magic will last... I couldn't read the specifics on the book. I guess we will find this out in the next few days...

Harumi: Hmm...yea... I guess we shall see...

Akihiko: Never mind that...Right now let's see what you are capable of. Try casting this spell, Dragon Flame. That's a Class A magic.

Harumi: Okay!

I casted various fire spells, and I was able to do all of them. This was Akihiko's power. The sun already set, and we called it a day. The magic training was intense. Even though I was using Akihiko's magic, I was exhausted. Akihiko didn't know the details of the link magic spell. There must be more to it than this...

If you take something, you give up something in return. I'm scared of the unknown...

_______________________________________________

We returned back to our room and got ready for bed.

Akihiko: Um...Harumi, I think by now you should be comfortable sleeping on your own bed, right?

Harumi: Yea...I think so...

Akihiko was acting distant. All this time, he was the one using me as a body pillow. I was already comfortable to be alone after two weeks, and he still insisted to sleep together.

This was odd.

I wondered what had gotten in to him.

I went to bed and fell asleep right away due to extensive training.

____________________________________________

I woke up and Akihiko was already awake. He had a grim look on his face and probably didn't get enough sleep. I was curious on what was troubling him and wanted to ask, but I didn't know how to approach him. I was very concern.

Harumi: Akihiko, are you alright? Were you able to sleep last night?

Akihiko: I couldn't go to sleep. I'm not feeling well today either. Um...Harumi, can you just focus on physical and mental training for today...and please don't use magic. It seems that when you use magic. The amount you were using was double the amount it typically required. It's taking a huge toll on me.

Akihiko collapsed. I did use a lot of magic yesterday without thinking. I was using borrowed magic after all.

So, this was the cost Akihiko had to pay...for my sake.

We didn't know any better. I should have conserved his magic.

I tried to carry Akihiko back to his bed. He was heavy but I managed it.

He was panting heavily...I thought he had a fever but he seemed pretty normal. If I remembered correctly, this was one of the symptoms of mental fatigue. I had this before. He just needed to rest...

Akihiko: Harumi...

Akihiko's eyes were closed.

Was he talking in his sleep?

Akihiko: Harumi...please...stay by my side...

I was about to get up and prepare some food for him when Akihiko grabbed my arm.

Akihiko: Please...stay...please...I need you...here.

I stayed for a few minutes and caressed his forehead. He finally calmed down. Akihiko was still holding onto my arm.

Harumi: It's going to be okay, Akihiko...you just need to rest. I'll be right back. I need to make you some food.

I gently took off Akihiko's hand...

Akihiko: Come back right away, okay?

He paused for a bit and opened his eyes.

Akihiko: Harumi...I need to be stronger...I can't be weak like this...If you need my magic...I just had to...I had to be stronger... for the both of us...

After he finished speaking, he quickly closed his eyes and appeared to be sleeping.

Was he still talking in his sleep...or was that for real?

I raised my hand to look at the link magic symbol on my wrist.

It was gone.

I checked Akihiko's wrist...it disappeared. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.3K 988 15
To save her sister from a cruel marriage, sacrificed herself to the womanizer king.
1.7M 63.2K 59
As future king, Prince Thomas is set to hold his selection in order to find a wife. 20 girls from the Commonwealth are chosen to compete for his hear...
319K 8.5K 49
𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘡𝘩π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘦 𝘡𝘩π˜ͺ𝘯𝘬, 𝘴𝘒𝘺, 𝘒𝘯π˜₯ π˜₯𝘰 𝘩𝘒𝘴 𝘀𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘦𝘲𝘢𝘦𝘯𝘀𝘦𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘰𝘢𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘒𝘯π˜₯ 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘰𝘡𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘴.
16.5M 639K 62
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gâzleri gâzlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...