Leaves of Autumn

By amcka30

Cecelia Bloom has just moved to Lake Gloria, a town no one really knows about, all because of her unblanced s... More

Leaves of Autumn
[1] Leaves of Autumn
[2] Leaves of Autumn
[3] Leaves of Autumn
[4] Leaves of Autumn
[5] Leaves of Autumn
[6] Leaves of Autumn
[7] Leaves of Autumn
[8] Leaves of Autumn
[9] Leaves of Autumn
[10] Leaves of Autumn
[11] Leaves of Autumn
[12] Leaves of Autumn
[13] Leaves of Autumn
[15] Leaves of Autumn
[16] Leaves of Autumn
[17] Leaves of Autumn
[18] Leaves of Autumn
Epilogue

[14] Leaves of Autumn

236 8 3
By amcka30

____

I don't care if no one is commenting anymore -_- I'm still going to upload.

But it would be nice if I did get some comments.

___

Chapter Fourteen

Just when the wounds are almost healed, somebody comes along and tears them wide open again, forcing you to feel the pain again.

            Oliver had given me a journal to write my thoughts in and express any emotions so I could get it out of my system.  I was thankful he did that.  It helped me a lot.

            “Want to play scrabble?” Oliver asked as I shut my journal.  Holidays had just started.

            “Sure.”

            I followed him into his room, we chucked all his rubbish out of the way and placed the board down, starting our game.

            Half way through Oliver got up to go get a drink.

            I looked over the board and my mouth fell open in shock as I read the words he had spelt out.

            “You are beautiful.”

            He sat back down and I shook my head... it was just a coincidence.

            My stomach started to grumble so I got up to go get myself something to eat.  But as I was walking down the hall the bathroom door opened and out came Oliver, wrapped in only a towel.

            My eyes grew wide.

            He smirked at me and said, “Like what you see?”

            I rolled my eyes and obnoxiously said, “No, I was just surprised.”

            “You know, if you take a picture it will last longer,” he said cockily when he caught me staring at his abs.

            I shook my head and kept walking, hearing him snicker.

            I was moving... wait.... moving?  I slowly opened my eyes and looked around.  Who the hell was carrying me?

            “Wake up sleeping beauty,” Oliver said.

            I grimaced at him.  “Where are we going?”

            “You’ll see.”  He put me on my feet and half dragged me outside, down to the back of the paddock where a picnic blanket lay on the ground.  “I have ice cream, chocolate covered strawberries and marshmallows.”

            We sat down and I asked him, “What’s the occasion?”

            He pointed up at the sky whilst taking a bite of a chocolate covered strawberry.

            I looked up at the sky to see a meteor shower.  “Wow, it’s beautiful.  I wonder if Eve is getting pictures of this.”  I smiled as I watched the stars.

            When the meteor shower was over I started eating some ice cream and the other food that Oliver brought.

            After that we lay down looking at the stars.  “To think that some of them are a million light years away.”

            “The world is truly remarkable.”

            I nodded in agreement.  “What ever happened to Billy?”

            “He died when you were in your depressed mode.”

            “Oh... he was so lovely though.”

            “I know...  Poor guy.” 

            It was silent for a moment.  It wasn’t awkward but it was a nice silence.  We lay there gazing at the stars.

            Then Oliver said, “Hey Cece, I have something to give you.  But you have to promise me you won’t open it till the right time comes...  One day you and I will go our separate ways and so when that time comes and you feel you miss me, I want you to read it.”

            “Um... okay?”

            He grabbed something from the basket he had brought out and gave it to me.

            “Wow, a folded up paper swan how uh... thoughtful of you?” I asked.

            He rolled his eyes and smiled.  “It’s a letter silly... well sort of... you’ll understand when you read it.”

            I slowly started trying to peek in.

            He placed his hand on mine to stop me.  “When the time is right Cece.”

            I sighed.  “You ruin all my fun.”

            “Well someone has to do it.”

            We grinned at each other.  I watched Oliver turn his head and gaze up at the moon that loomed above us.  The breeze slowly picked up his hair and traces of light touched his face.

            He looked back at me and caught me staring.  He raised his eyebrows questionably.

            I shook my head and look away, a blush forming on my face.

            “Let’s go back inside,” he whispered.

            “Okay.”

            We packed up and went back inside, going to our rooms.

            I lay in bed, tossing and turning and eventually gave up, walking into Oliver’s room.

            “Can I sleep next to you?” I whispered.

            He opened an eye and nodded, rolling over to let me in. 

            He grabbed his blanket and put it over me. 

            We lay next to each other for a while till he wove his arms around me.

            I fell asleep in his arms.

            “What are we going to do now that we’re finished school for good?” Oliver asked me as we lay on the grass, the summer day all around us.  The sun hit the lake just right, reflecting a bunch of different colours.

            “I don’t know... make the best of it till we find a way to get out?” I suggested.

            Oliver sighed.  “I doubt my truck would ever be able to make it to the next city.”

            “... my mum had a car,” I suggested.  “We drove here in it.”

            “But that’s back at your house right?”

            I nodded.

            “What if Rick is there?”

            I sighed.  “You’re right.”

            “Did you know, you’ve been living at my house for 4 months now.”

            “Wow, time flies.”

            “I know right?”

            He and I grinned at each other. 

            “I’m so glad I have you as a friend,” I told Oliver.

            “Yeah,” he mumbled.

            My eyebrows furrowed in confusion.  “Why’d you say yeah like that?”

            “What do you mean?”

            “You mumbled yeah instead of saying it as if it was a bad thing.”

            “I thought my yeah was a normal yeah.”

            “No.”

            He and I looked each other in the eye for a while then started laughing, laying back down on the grass.

            “Cece...?” Oliver started.

            “Yessum?”

            “Have you ever thought about what it would be like if we... dated?” he asked in a whisper.

            I felt a blush spread over my face.  “Well... ah... yeah... but we’re both going separate ways soon...”

            He rolled over and looked at me.  “But until we get out of this town, it’s just you and me.”

            I smiled. “Well... what about when we both have to leave?”

            “Who knows, I might end up going to New York with you.”

            I giggled.

            “Did you want to... give it a shot?”

            “Being in a relationship with you?”

            He nodded.

            I smiled.  “Yeah.”

            “Awesome.”  He grinned widely, rolling me over and tucking my hair behind my ear.  “I’ve wanted to do this for so long,” he whispered and pressed his lips to mine.

            I don’t know how long we spent kissing.  Could have been a second, a minute, an hour, but to me it felt like heaven on earth.

            Over the past four months I had been living with Oliver I had grown really close to him.  He and I both had ambitions to leave.  Oliver had gotten me through so much and for that I was grateful.  He taught me to dance as though no one is watching, love as though I had never been hurt, sing like no one can hear me, and live like it’s heaven on earth.

___

I'm giving this story and estimate of another 6 chapters... unless I see some comments and inspiration otherwise I'll have to bring it to a close -__- I cant continue the Story of Us till I finish this.

vote/comment/fan/whatever

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.9K 3.1K 44
When city girl and perfectionist Mary is forced to move back to the small town she escaped from years ago, she is once again tempted by local bar own...
48 0 36
Louisa doesn't she the point in life anymore, but when she moves to a posh new boarding school in Scotland everything changes. She meets people who w...
6.5K 115 32
With Charlotte's past fading away, she thinks she'll be able to enjoy her life. Is she right or will she sink even further than before.
610 58 19
An eccedentesiast girl who had enough with her life. Now, when she was dreaming to live happily with her own freedom before saying this, all of her t...