Teacher's Pet

By Laurmani_My_Life

You are the captain of your high school basketball team. Dinah is you Art teacher who you fall for the moment... More

Chapter 1: First Day Back
Chapter 2: Assembly
Chapter 3: Game Day
Chapter 4: The Talk
Chapter 5: Her Place
Chapter 6: The Sleepover
Chapter 7: The Confessional
Chapter 8: Apologies and Extra Credit
Chapter 9: Dinner
Chapter 10: Do Over?
Chapter 11: You got what?!
Chapter 12: Well, that was awkward...
Chapter 12 Part 2: Maybe I do...
Chapter 13: But... It's Just Prom
Chapter 14: Wow, Really?
Chapter 15: The Game
Chapter 15 Part 2: I feel like...
Chapter 16: I'm done
Chapter 17: Oh No...
Chapter 18: I trust you
Chapter 19: No. It's what's best.
Chapter 20: Damn...
Chapter 21: One door closes
Chapter 23: Welp, there's that.
Chapter 24: Grammy Awards
Chapter 25: Who Are You?
Chapter 26: The Court is Now in Session
Chapter 27: That went well...
Chapter 28: The end...?
Epilogue: No...
Epilogue: Just The Beginning.
New Year

Chapter 22: When shit hits the fan

5.5K 212 89
By Laurmani_My_Life

Waking up the next morning, I realized it was almost 7. The kids had to be at daycare by 8 and since my mom didn't have to take me to rehearsal until 9, I was going to get the kids to daycare so she can sleep in. Because they both need about the same amount of attention in the morning I woke them up one at a time.

In the car, as I pulled up to the school, we were in the middle of a very serious conversation.

"So, then you stay there for 9 months and that's when mommy says she's ready for you to come to the world. That's where you guys come from."

I say as I park the car hoping their next question wouldn't be why.

"Well what's sex? Regina said her big sister said babies come from sex. So, why'd you say they come from seeds?"

Alicia questioned and it left me speechless. I didn't even know how to answer that... so I didn't.

"Okay! I think that's enough talk. We'll pick this up when... whenever mommy and daddy want to talk about it, okay? Alright, let's go."

I hurriedly got out and helped them out the car. Hugging and kissing them before they went in. Since I was already out, and it was only 7:30, I stopped by Waffle House to get a to-go breakfast. Ironically, I ran into Ally. I forgot she said she loves Waffle House and I was definitely not in the mood to have a conversation about Dinah. Once I ordered, she came over to me.

"Hey, Y/N! How are you?"

She said very happily as she hugged me.

"Hey," I said more solemnly.

"I'm managing, y'know."

"Oh, yeah we heard. You might not want to hear this, but she's really broken up about everything. And-"

The person at the cash register said my name so I could get my order. Once I grabbed it, I turned back around to see her about to finish her statement but I stopped her.

"Listen, I have to be home so I can get ready for rehearsals. This-everything that happened last night, I- uh, I really don't want to talk about it. I haven't even talked to my girls about it yet. I, It's just still fresh and I, I just can't right now. I'm sorry."

"Stop, don't be it's fine. Just, if you ever need anything, don't hesitate to call me, okay? I'll answer any time of day. That's why they call me Allysus."

She said making me laugh, which made her laugh as well.

"I definitely will. Thanks, I'll see you."

As I left I really wanted to call Dinah. I mean, she technically just broke up with me. But, I love her. I'm in love with her. She's the love of my life and the last time I went this long without talking to her, was when we fought about my 'situation'. And I still had some sort of communication to her through the girls and she was constantly on my phone trying to talk to me. Now, it's silence and it's killing me. But, if I call or text her now I will break down again and that can't happen before I go to rehearsals. Which is now in an hour and fifteen minutes so, I had to hurry and get home.

When I walked into my house I was expecting my dad to be gone already to work and my mom to be getting ready. But, when I walked in the door they were standing in the living room looking serious.

"Woah. What happened here? What did I miss?"

They just looked at each other. My mom spoke first.

"Come sit down sweetie."

She said really cautiously.

"Okay..."

I said putting my food on the coffee table before sitting down. They were silent a little bit longer making me really confused.

"Okay what's happening here? You guys are acting like someone just died... Oh my God, did someone die?"

I asked frantically. They just shook their heads and looked at each other. After another minute or two of silence my dad started the conversation.

"Okay Y/N, we need you to be 100% honest with us right now."

"Okay..."

They looked at each other yet again before my dad said something.

"Okay. Nicki stopped by a little after you left."

Everything in my body stopped. It felt exactly how it felt when Dinah ended things. I tried to contain my outside emotions, but inside I was dying.

"She brought a bunch of pictures. She said that those were her only copies and she wanted us to have them because we could do the most damage with them."

He pulled out the pictures and handed me the stack. There were at least 30 pictures and they were all of one day... the day I confronted Nicki in school about the note. Luckily it looked like she left before me and Dinah went... further. But she caught us kissing on the desk before we went to her desk. As I was looking at all the pictures I said 'shit' and 'fuck' multiple times under my breath.

"What are you saying, Y/N?"

My mom asked softly. I looked at them and back at the pictures before throwing them next to my food.

"You guys want the truth? Okay, here it is. Nicki is a psychotic bitch who thinks that she can blackmail me into being with her by outing my relationship to you. She's mad because instead of rekindling my love with her, I fell in love with someone else. She didn't force me to be with her. She has never treated me like anything other than her princess. When there's something wrong with us she's persistent as hell to make sure it doesn't ruin us. She makes time for me when there isn't any. She loves me for me as a person. All things Nicki has never done. And now she's trying to get you to take it away from me. That's the truth."

By the end, I was crying. It wasn't full blown but it was only a matter of time before then. They didn't say anything. I had my head in my hands so I didn't see their faces but I can only imagine what was going through their minds. It was quiet at least another 5 minutes before my dad spoke.

"How old is this woman?"

"She'll be 24 in two months."

"That's a six year gap, Y/N. And you're not even 18 yet."

My mom said making me immediately get defensive.

"I'll be 18 in a little over a month."

My dad jumped in as soon as I finished my sentence.

"Yeah, but this is wrong, and illegal."

I stayed quiet making him ask another question.

"How long has this been going on?"

I took a deep breath, before speaking.

"We've been dating since the beginning of January... but we've been talking since the beginning of the school year. It was innocent flirting on my end at first... then over Christmas break it was more flirting from both of us then the Wednesday after we got back to school I confessed my feelings for her. Two days later she said she felt the same way... two days after that we were together."

They were silent again, but my mom broke the silence quicker this time.

"Is that where you were when you weren't with Nadia and Lauren?"

I just nodded in response. Then my dad spoke again.

"I don't want you seeing her anymore."

I stood up immediately backlashing.

"You can't do that."

"I don't believe she didn't force you to be with her. Especially with your past."

The latter made me furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"What are you tal- wait. Are you talking about Ryan?"

"Of course I am. Your judgement has obviously been damaged from what he was telling you."

Hearing him say that made my heart break more if that was even possible. But it also fueled my anger even more.

"Are you actually insane? He raped me and Eden and she still doesn't remember. She's the reason I never said anything because she was my god-sister and my best-friend back then. The only other person who could help me attempt to understand what happened was her and when she told me the last thing she remembered that night was us playing outside I didn't know what to do. I had just turned 13 and the only sex education I had by then was whatever Eden and you told me and for some reason neither said 'oh yeah by the way if you're under 18 and they are over 18 it's illegal you should say something'. Actually, I didn't start hearing that on a regular basis until after Matt was born."

"Alright, both of y'all need to calm down."

I slumped back down on the couch more upset than I was scared now. Him saying that my judgement was damaged because of that bastard made me rethink what he actually trusts me with.

"Okay, you can't punish me or Dinah for something that nobody had control over. I'm not mentally damaged by that. Unless you count trust issues but anyone with eyes can see that seeing as I haven't talked to anyone outside of Lauren and Nadia for the last 7 years. And if I was affected in any way Nadia and Lauren would've told me to stop messing with her from the get- go. They know me better than anyone. If they saw something was wrong with me because of her they would've made it very clear. She's not just some girl who walked up to me on the street and said I'm going to be with her no matter what. She's the love of my life."

"Not if I press charges."

I looked him in his eyes seeing he wasn't kidding. It was like everything I was saying he wasn't even listening to.

"You can't do that."

"You're not 18 yet. I can do whatever I want."

"Wrong, the police won't take your word unless I say it was forced."

"Then I'll tell the principal. That way she'll never get another teaching job again."

I just shook my head at how he would really ruin my relationship. Then I remembered, there is no relationship to ruin. She wasn't even mine anymore. Remembering that made me laugh. Hard. Like, I was really sitting here getting worried and scared and overprotective on a relationship that doesn't even exist anymore. My parents looked worried at why I was laughing and eventually questioned it.

"What? What's so funny?"

My dad asked.

"Look, there's no reason to do any of that. You don't have a reason too."

He looked at me shocked while I continued.

"She broke up with me anyway. There's nothing wrong going on now. We're just teacher and student. In all honestly after this week since it's finals I won't be at school unless it's for a senior activity."

I started crying again because I realized my relationship is actually ended. I put my face back in my hands and continued to cry. My dad stayed silent. He eventually grabbed the pictures off the table and left to work I assumed. I continued to cry and my mom came and held me and let me cry on her shoulder. Once I calmed down, she spoke for the first time since the conversation started.

"It'll be okay, baby. I'm going to try to talk to your father to make sure he doesn't go to the police."

I was shocked and she could see it on my face. She smiled at me and spoke again.

"I can see how much you love her and I can see how much it's killing you that you're not together. Whatever happened between you two that resulted in a break up is between you two. But just know, if I hear that she's hurting you after today I will personally pay her a visit, okay?"

I laughed at her and she still smiled at me.

"It's okay. What I said earlier was true. She wouldn't intentionally hurt me. She did break up with me but I sort of pushed her to do it. It just- it still hurts. I really do love her Ma. She's the one for me and I know that after whatever happens when I'm away at college won't matter because once I come back we will be together again. I can't stay away from her."

"I raised you well. I know you'll make the right decisions."

I smiled at her and hugged her. She hugged me back immediately telling me she loved me and kissed me on my temple.

"Okay, now go get your cap because we need to leave now or we will both be late."

I did exactly that and while I was up there I was contemplating telling Dinah or not. I mean, I doubt he'll press charges but she should still know, right? So, before I could talk myself out of it I pulled my phone out.

To- The Only One❤: It doesn't matter now... but my parents know about us. Or about what we were. Nicki told them and had pictures of us kissing before we did anything in your classroom. So I'm assuming she's waiting for them to run to the police. But they won't. Or shouldn't. I told them there's no reason to. But I thought you should know.

As I pressed send I sent the girls a text saying I was on my way to the church. I thought about telling them about Nicki and this whole situation but that would just cause even more tension at the rehearsal than there should be. I might tell them on Monday so I can make sure they don't snap off on Dinah or Nicki and ruin their end of senior year; especially Lauren. I know she will be the first to say something to them.

Walking back down the steps with my cap, I felt my phone vibrate and my heart skipped a beat; like it always does when she replies to me.

From- The Only One❤: It will always matter to me because you matter to me. You might not believe it but this hurts me too. Thanks for telling me though. If anything escalates tell me so I can be prepared. Are you okay?

I felt my eyes well up. Again. I believed everything she said. And I know why she made her decisions but, god. It shouldn't feel like this.

To- The Only One❤: I will. I'm as okay as I can be right now. My dad is the only one who reacted badly. My mom understands and would've been okay with it...

Once I sent the message I got in the car with my mom. I didn't get a response from her the car ride to the church. My mom didn't say anything either but she looked really calm like what just happened at the house didn't just happen. Once we pulled up to the church she parked the car.

"I want you to know that I'm really not upset. This whole thing is shocking and I'm hurt you lied to me for so long. Even though I suspected it was someone you had to be hiding because of how sneaky you were being. But it shows me that you're maturing enough to make your own decisions for yourself. I can't even imagine everything you guys had to go through to maintain this relationship without anyone knowing. It couldn't have been easy. I hope one day I can meet her properly."

She said and it brought tears to my eyes yet again. The fact that my mom is so happy for me and the relationship I had made me regret not telling her earlier. We could've avoided a lot of this drama that just took place if I would've trusted my mom enough to know she would understand my situation.

"I love you so much." I said hugging her across the arm rest.

"And I hope so too. Even though that might be 4 years from now... but it will definitely happen."

She smiled and shooed me out the car. I walked into the church praying that things could only go up from here. But apparently God has different plans for me.

A/N Well I updated!! I'm so scared to how you guys are going to react to the ending of this story... and I hope everyone knows their amendments because it's about to get real educational lol. AND I'm at a new record for length. Not including this A/N this chapter is 2,750 words. I usually write between 1,500 and 1,800 so I'm proud of myself.

--STAY HAPPY BABES!!!❤❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

860K 40.1K 171
π’Šπ’ π’˜π’‰π’Šπ’„π’‰ the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
1.5M 48.9K 66
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
230K 5.6K 33
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
437K 13.2K 73
Hiraeth - A homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost pla...