When The Fate Strikes In

By saa_naleem

City girl meets country boy ... cliché? NOT!! Meet Khaleesah Ahmed > a loving, innocent and free spirited gir... More

- Description -
- Title -
- Dedication -
- Author's Note -
- Prologue -
- Chapter 1 -
- Chapter 2 -
- Chapter 3 -
- Chapter 5 -
- Chapter 6 -
- Chapter 7 -
- Chapter 8 -
- Chapter 9 -
- Chapter 10 -
- Chapter 11 -
- Chapter 12 -
- Chapter 13 -
- Chapter 14 -
- Chapter 15 -
- Chapter 16 -

- Chapter 4 -

1.5K 149 89
By saa_naleem

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

KHALEESAH'S POV

"Don't disturb her. Let the child sleep!" I heard someone say.

"No, no. It's quite enough. She has slept more than enough, Maami." Ummi's voice drifted to my ears. I slowly opened my heavy eyes and I saw Ummi and Abi's aunt speaking. They were both sitting on the bed I was sleeping on.

"Ummi!" Both of them looked my way when they heard my voice and I felt slightly embarrassed. Even though Abi's aunt was looking at me with a smile it was still quite embarrassing to wake up in a state like this. "I'm awake." I whispered.

"Go and get yourself ready for breakfast Khaleesah." Ummi said looking at me with disapproval.

I quickly got up with a nod, pushing away the blankets which were covering me. I knew Ummi was annoyed with me because I slept soon after Fajr. She always tells me not to, since sleeping at the time of sunrise is bad for one's wellbeing. Also, it's been said by many scholars of Islam that sleeping at the time after Fajr leads to many defects and it is also against the Sunnah.

As our Beloved Nabi صلى الله عليه وسلم is reported to have declared:
"Sleeping in the morning hinders sustenance."
(Majma'uz Zawaid-Vol.4, Pg.111)

Instead we can sleep at the time of Qailullah, the time before Zuhar. It's also Sunnah to have a nap at this time for which we will be rewarded as well. And sleeping at the time of Qailullah energizes the body and mind as I've experienced. But even though I knew all this it was still quite difficult for me to put this into practise. Still, there were times when I tried my best to stay awake after praying Fajr. But today I simply couldn't. One reason being that I was tired after all the travelling last night and the other being that the climate here was so good in the morning. It was moderately cold and the breeze that blew was cooling and nice which makes you want to just curl into a ball and sleep the entire day.

I then washed myself and had the tea which Yusra served me with. She was having a small smile on the face the entire time, as always. Masha Allah, she is so pretty! Her milk white skin, dark eyes and her long black straight hair which reached below her back were all factors which enhanced her beauty. Her hair was plaited and tied with a ribbon to match the shalwar she was wearing.

"So Khaleesah... How's studies going?"

"Alhamdulillah! It's going quite well. We will be having our year end exams next month. In shaa Allah!" I told her. "Please do include me in your du'aas."

She nodded with a beautiful smile gracing her lips. "Will do, In shaa Allah!"

"How are your studies going on, Yusra?" I inquired from her.

"Alhamdulillah!" She replied. "I have another four years to complete my studies. You make du'aa it should be easy for me and that I should complete my studies without any difficulty. In shaa Allah!"

"Sure ma."

Both of us were sitting in the room outside the kitchen, which was also like an extra sitting room for ladies. Yusra was sitting facing me on the sofa-like chair while her back was facing a door which was in the wall opposite me. Whereas I was facing it. That door belonged to the washroom and I was conscious that someone was inside but didn't think much about it. Yusra and I went on chatting about something or the other. She told me about her Madrasah where she did the Aalimah course along with her GCE A/L's (Advanced Level). She stayed in her Madrasah hostel where they were provided with all the facilities. Alhamdulillah. Yusra also told me how much fun it was over there and she truly enjoyed studying in an environment like that.

"I would love to go to a Madrasah with a hostel like that too. You know, like some books I've read. It sounds so much fun." I told her referring to Malory Towers and St. Clare's, two series of books by Enid Blyton which I had been fond of reading when I was younger. "But Abi would never let me stay at a hostel." I ended with a sad sigh.

Then suddenly I heard the door of the washroom open. I know I should have kept my gaze lowered, I shouldn't have looked up. But I did the opposite, I didn't do it on purpose. It was done by reflex, like when you hear something and automatically your organs turn towards it, that's what happened to me. I subconsciously looked up to see Yusra's brother, Yaasir standing at the doorway, his hair wet after a shower. He was wearing a grey t-shirt and a pair of denim trousers. As he looked up, I quickly pulled my shawl over my face, covering the portion below my eyes along with my hair completely and quickly lowered my gaze.

"Astaghfirullah!" I whispered to myself over and over again. I didn't look up until I was certain he had gone. Yusra who was speaking to me all this while was now quiet. I looked at her to see an apologetic smile on her face.

"I'm so sorry, Khaleesah!"

"No. It's completely fine, Yusra." I told her with a smile even though my heart was racing after just a glance at him.

I kept scolding myself over and over again for not lowering my gaze when I should have. Deep inside I knew it wasn't completely my fault. I didn't think he would be in there.

Finally!

What?

You saw him.

I didn't want to.

Oh, really?

Quit it! Please.

I'm just stating the facts, Khaleesah. Accept it!

I tried to focus on what Yusra was saying, so that I could ignore what my stupid mind kept blabbering.

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○

The rest of the day just flew past. Alhamdulillah, we had a good lunch. Masha Allah, Yusra's mother was a good cook and we enjoyed the food she prepared for us. The climate there made me feel sleepy again. So after praying Zuhar and Asr together since we were travelling, my parents and I had another short nap while Khadijah and Khawla; my two little sisters were playing and speaking to Yusra. They had taken Yusra's and her brother's old exercise books and they were pretending to play teacher and student. Even I used to pretend play like this with my brother when I was a child. Oh, how I miss those days!

Yaasir Naana was very kind and friendly towards my annoying little sisters, I noticed. Not by looking at him but by how much my sisters kept speaking about him. While they were playing they came to me a few times and showed me what they were writing, they also kept saying that he was so sweet because he gave them books to play with. 'Yaasir Naana did this and told that' they kept saying. Apparently from the time they woke up they two had been around him. His kind and loving nature towards the annoying brats I call my sisters, somehow warmed my heart towards him.

Soon it was time for us to go home. We packed our bags and left them by the front door for Abi to load into our vehicle. Then we were served our evening tea. Yusra was quite sad we had to go so soon. But since Abi had work the other day, we had to go. She sat next to me as I had my tea and asked me to come again soon. Ummi was speaking to Yusra's mother while Abi was sitting in the front porch with her father and having tea.

Yaasir naana had left for one of his friend's wedding and he returned only then. He was wearing a pale blue linen shirt and black trousers. I tried my best to keep my gaze lowered but it was almost close to impossible while such a handsome boy was in the same room as I was. Somehow, while we were in the house I succeeded by distracting myself listening to what Ummi was telling Yusra's mother. But after I boarded the vehicle, it was even more difficult to lower my gaze. The glasses of the vehicle were tinted and I was certain he couldn't see me. But a very important thing which slipped my mind was that My Rabb was still looking at me. Even when no one else could see me looking at him.

He stood near the gate while Ummi greeted and thanked Yusra's mother for their hospitality as Abi had done before with Yusra's father.

Yaasir naana's hair was dark black as most of ours are. Nearly all Sri Lankans had black or dark brown hair. But his hair had a different beauty to it. His eyes were dark too with beautiful eye lashes. He had thick eyebrows nearly meeting in the part below his forehead. He had a long nose. His fair skin with the slight beard was another striking feature of his. Overall he looked so handsome and cute!

Astaghfirullah! You are totally checking him out.

Only then did I snap back to my senses and I quickly looked away. What I was doing was so totally wrong. "Astaghfirullah!" I whispered to myself over and over again. I shouldn't have checked him out like that. What had happened to me? What was I doing? Astaghfirullah! Please forgive me, Ya Allah!

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

A/N - Please do include me in your du'aas!

Please don't forget to vote and comment! ☺

Loads of Love & Du'aas,
Saa Naleem ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

188K 18.1K 57
Book #1 of the Stars Series. ~She taught him to speak out loud He taught her to hear the silence~ ✨ "Do you remember, What the hell did you do Miss...
279K 8.2K 32
"You should have told me before that you weren't interested in me" I yelled at my so called husband Samad. Tears were rolling down my cheeks. "Jawari...
102K 5.7K 39
Are you looking for arranged marriages with a little bit of drama but a lot of romance? Then you came to the right stop.... ________________________...
Empire of Dreams By Jonoyuk

Historical Fiction

154K 10.1K 32
Set in the Golden Age of the Islamic Empire under the Abbasid Caliphate comes an epic love story! Ali and Laila are two headstrong individuals who've...