Fallout ▷ Stilinski

By simplystiles-

[ BOOK THREE ] ❝ the fallout is still coming, it won't stop for anything. ❞ Money makes the world go round, a... More

Fallout » Stiles Stilinski
Chapter 1. "Camping Trip"
Chapter 2. Sardine Girl Porno
Chapter 3. Teenagers Don't Eat Deer
Chapter 4. The Hale Vault
Chapter 5. Stiles the Rapper
Chapter 6. Deputy McHottie
Chapter 7. Date-bait
Chapter 8. The Transition
Chapter 9. One Kiss
Chapter 10. Lethal Lacrosse Player
Chapter 11. Not a Wishing Well
Chapter 12. Breathing Slow
Chapter 13. Aptitude Testing
Chapter 14. Supernatural Super-Virus
Chapter 15. Compartmentalizing
Chapter 16. An Argent Reunion
Chapter 17. Raincheck
Chapter 19. Omitting Certain Truths
Chapter 20. Reason #394
Chapter 21. Liam Dunbaby
Chapter 22. Two Birds, One Stone
Chapter 23. Draining
Chapter 24. Adios

Chapter 18. Already Dead-Pool

30.6K 1.1K 1.2K
By simplystiles-

After we had cracked the last part of the list and called Scott about the fact that the printer had somehow managed to print the new and improved deadpool, he had told us that we needed to come to school. He was right, we can't ditch, especially since we aren't going to be able to do anything about the new list until after school anyway. Parrish is at home asleep and we need his help to access police records, and since our only other friendly neighborhood police officer who allows us access to those records is in the hospital, Parrish is all we have.

When we got to school, Scott had informed us that Liam had the same thing happen to him last night... which makes sense as to why Stiles' printer had been beeping so much, because it had been trying to print the list off all night long. Apparently, Coach's printer began to do the same thing before Scott and Liam went to second bell. 

So, that means that the list is available to pretty much everyone now. Any amateur can see the list and the names and the money and just go for it. Plus, Derek's name is not on the revised list-- and his amount was added to Liam's amount, so instead of being worth three million... he's worn eighteen million. Mine and Scott's amounts didn't change, which is good. As long as we stay the two highest, people should still be wanting to target us more than they want to target Lydia, Liam, Kira, and Malia.

Apparently, tonight was the big bonfire for the school to get amped up for Lacrosse. Seeing as how Scott is the team captain, he kind of has to go... plus Liam is attending and he can't be left alone right now. So, Stiles and I were going to see Parrish with Lydia after school let out so we can see if we can get any information on the names. Kira was in Palo Alto with her mother, whom had been attacked by a Berserker the night that Scott "died". I had no clue about it, but apparently when she was at my house the other night it was because she was saying good-bye to Scott.

Which leads us to now, being at the Sheriff's Station with Parrish and attempting to get information on the names of the people on the list that Lydia had just gotten. The only name I had recgonized when I read it was that of Lorraine Martin, the others were all just names to me... but I had a feeling they were people around Lydia's grandmother's age.

"Well, it's not another deadpool. More like an already deadpool." Parrish stated as his fingers danced across the keyboard of Lydia's laptop. 

Apparently, yesterday Lydia had taken Parrish to Derek's loft where he was given the Beacon Hills supernatural crash course. We still have no idea what he is, because apparently Haigh had zip tied him to the steering wheel of his cruiser and set it on fire... yet Parrish survived without a single burn. It made sense, considering he came storming in here stark naked with black soot all over him yesterday.

"All of them? All of the people on that list are dead?" I asked in confusion. The part of the list that Lydia had just unlocked was a list of already dead people? Why the hell would that be relevant to anything? What is Lorraine Martin trying to tell us here?

Parrish nodded, "All of them. All suicides. And all at the same place." 

"Let me guess," I sighed, "Eichen House?"

He nodded again, "Yep."

▴▵▴

"Lydia, Eichen House isn't a library. You need a warrant to get files from there." 

Night had fallen, and the three of us were now trying to come up with a plan on how to get information on the people on the list. I'm really not surprised that Eichen House is involved in our problems yet again. 

I had sent Scott a text ten minutes ago, asking how everything had been going at the bonfire but he isn't responding. I don't like not having contact with him, or not knowing what's going on with him. Especially when we are in situations such as these. I'm going to more than likely let Stiles and Lydia go to Eichen together and then go to the bonfire with Scott. Stiles and I being together right now isn't the best idea and it's easier on everyone if the two of us stay apart.

"My grandmother left me a list of 10 suicides, including her own. There's got to be a reason why. Is there anybody there willing to help us?" Lydia asked us, considering she hadn't been a patient there. 

I scoffed, "No. Even the orderly's in that place are nut jobs. Morrell probably would have been able to help, but she's not there anymore."

"Well," Stiles sighed in annoyance, "there might be someone willing to take a bribe." 

I glanced at him oddly, "If you're suggesting Brunksi, I'm going to ask you to take that suggestion off the table." 

"He's more than likely our only shot." Stiles said through a clenched jaw. 

My eyes widened considerably, "Need I remind you that he tried to kill us both? Like, almost overdosing us on Haldol and locking us in the closed unit? Am I ringing any bells?" 

"We aren't patients anymore, he can't do anything like that to us now. If you don't like the plan then don't go." he snapped defensively.

I huffed in annoyance, "Fine. Good luck, then."

"Kasey," Lydia sighed in defeat, "I would prefer if you came with us."

My eyes narrowed on Stiles, "Well I would prefer that he stop being such an asshole, but we can't all get what we want. I'm going to the bonfire to help Scott keep an eye on Liam."

"Perfect," Stiles remarked sarcastically, "Lydia let's go and get this over with." 

Once they were both out of the station I let out a shriek of annoyance and knocked a pen jar to the floor. Thankfully, the only deputy in the room was wise enough to just ignore my outburst and keep his eyes glued to his computer monitor. 

▴▵▴

I was navigating through the extremely drunk crowd of students as I tried to find Scott. There was a large fire in the center of the crowd in the shape of a tornado, which I guess was like a Cyclone, our school mascot. The DJ station was shooting white and red lasers around and the music was loud, my insides felt like they were vibrating. My eyes zeroed in on a drink station and I decided to take a detour in my search for my brother. He knew I was coming, I had sent him a text telling him I was showing up, so I'm sure he would find me if I didn't end up finding him. 

"Hey Kasey!" 

I glanced at the blonde running the table and chuckled when I saw that it was Shelby Harris. She wasn't exactly the nicest person, she was a part of Lydia's clique back in the day and the girl hadn't even known my name then... but now that Scott is actually popular due to being the captain of the Lacrosse team, she knows exactly who I am.

What I would give to be sucked back into high school food chain problems rather than the supernatural ones I'm dealing with now. 

"Hey, uh, what do you got?" I asked as I glanced at the different glasses on the table and the bottles in the silver bucket full of ice. There was also a keg, but I'm not exactly a beer person. I'm more of a liquor drinker to be honest. 

She smirked, "Liquor before beer never fear, how about a Heartattack?" 

"Sounds wonderful, give me like six in a glass please." I requested with a smile.

Her eyes widened but she shrugged and poured six shots of vanilla vodka with some red bull into a clear plastic cup. Normally, I wouldn't drink that much alcohol with an energy drink, but I'm a werewolf and I can't get drunk... so I can do whatever I want. It's not the safest thing to drink because the alcohol slows your heart rate while the energy drink amps you up, but it tastes really good. 

Shelby slid the cup over to me and smiled, "Don't die on us." 

"No promises," I stated as I grabbed the cup and continued my search for my brother. 

I thought I had saw Liam when I first got here, but now he's nowhere to be found. I had a feeling that Malia would end up being here as well, seeing as how she's not exactly thinking clearly at the moment. It's probably not a good idea for all of us to be in the same place like this, but then again us being apart doesn't make us much safer. 

"Kase!" 

I turned around and nearly dropped my drink as Scott about rammed into me. I steadied myself and quirked an eyebrow, "Slow it down, man... you almost made me spill my drink."

"You do realize that we can't get drunk, right?" he asked skeptically as he glanced at my cup, more than likely smelling the alcohol.

My eyes widened, "What? Are you serious? Oh my god, my life is over."

"Okay, smartass. Have you seen Liam?" Scott asked as he rolled his eyes at my response. 

I nodded once, "I did see him for like a millisecond when I got here. Shelby Harris actually knows my name now, Scott... like she acknowledges my existence how cool is that." 

"Extremely cool," he chuckled and began to lead me away from the crowd, in search for Liam. 

The amount of students here was overwhelming, like I'm pretty sure 95% of the alumni of Beacon Hills is here partying right now. I actually am super excited to see if anyone is going to make a complete fool of themselves so I can film it and put on YouTube. I've always wanted to do that but I never really got invited to parties in the past, but now it's a totally new ballgame. 

"Why aren't you in your jersey?" I asked Scott in confusion, I thought the team had to wear it. 

He sighed, "I totally forgot. I probably look like the worst team captain ever." 

"Nah," I assured him, "you look cool, like too cool to wear your uniform." 

Scott laughed lightly, "Thanks, I guess. I was gonna ask you earlier, but it totally slipped my mind, have you talked to Stiles at all?" 

I snorted and took a sip of my drink, "If by talk you mean get into a nasty argument and then barely coexist, than yes, we did tons of that."

"What do you mean? A nasty argument?" he inquired, grabbing my forearm and preventing me from walking any further. 

I shrugged, "We argued? If you want I can pull my phone out and google the exact definition of it if you want." 

"Can you not be sarcastic for a second? I'm being serious, Kasey. What happened?" he responded in annoyance. 

Why is it whenever I don't want to talk about my feelings, that's the only time that people want to talk about them with me? I'm not in the mood to explain to Scott what happened between Stiles and I, mainly because I don't want him to feel as if he has to pick a side. I would hope that he would be team Kasey in all of this, but who the hell knows where he stands at this point, because I sure as hell don't know.

I took a deep breath and glanced at him, "We called each other some pretty mean things and just haven't really been able to do anything else. I'm pretty sure he's convinced that I cheated on him, which isn't what happened at all... but he's so willing to believe that I would, which makes me think that he doesn't even know me at all. It's just a big ass mess and it's nearly impossible to try and fix it while we are dealing with this Benefactor bullshit."

"Did Derek force himself on you?" Scott asked feverishly. 

Out of everything I just said, that's what he decides to ask me? 

"Not in the way that you're thinking. He basically admitted to having feelings for me and then he kissed me because he said he wanted to do it at least one time. I was afraid to tell Stiles when it happened because that was when I had just completed my transition and we were dealing with Liam. It escalated into something so much more than it truly was, and now I don't know if Stiles and I are going to be able to be ourselves again." I sighed and then gulped down the remaining alcohol in my cup.

My brother sighed, "Kasey... he loves you, okay? He's just hurt, I'm sure whatever he said he didn't mean."

"It doesn't matter, it still hurt." I responded flatly. 

Scott was getting ready to say something else, but thankfully I found a reason to cut him off. Malia was standing behind him, dancing with a flask in her hand. I nodded my head in her direction and he turned around and let out a sigh, "I'm gonna go talk to her... can you find Liam?" 

"I can try, have fun with her, it's hopeless. Peter's already got in her head." I stated in annoyance as I spun on my heel and began my search for Liam. 

▴▵▴

I had made another trip back the Shelby to fill my cup before I started to wander around in pursuit of Liam. I'm sure he's with Mason, because I'm 98% sure that Mason is his best friend so maybe I should be looking for Mason too, rather than just Liam. I sipped my drink and checked all of the tables on the left side of the bonfire, the two freshman were nowhere to be seen. 

To the right side, I go.

I really wish that I was able to get drunk... it would make this so much more enjoyable to be honest. My heart hurts and I wish I could just numb the pain. My father told me that I have to compartmentalize but it's so hard. I understand why he turned to alcohol all the time, mainly because that's what I'm trying to do at the moment-- only difference is that he would actually be able to ignore the pain for awhile, whereas I'm stuck.

For some reason, I don't want to tell Scott what Stiles had said to me.... I have a feeling that the words that Stiles chose were meant to hurt me, and he hit all the marks on that one. The thing is, Scott wouldn't want to know that his best friend purposefully hurt his sister by bringing up things that have affected her in some not so good ways. I should be jumping at the opportunity to sick Scott on Stiles and have him tear into him for what he said to me, but I just can't. I don't want to drag Scott into our fight, nor do I want to warp Scott's opinion on Stiles.

My inner-rambling was cut short when I finally found Liam. He was standing beside a picnic table and Mason was sitting on the bench beside him. I knew that they would be together, Mason is to Liam as Stiles is to Scott. 

I approached them and glanced at Liam curiously when I noticed that he was swaying from side to side slightly. He can't bed drunk-- he's a werewolf. Unless, he's faking it for Mason's sake? I increased my pace and appeared beside Liam instantly, "Hey, are you okay?" 

He glanced at me unsurely, "If this is what drunk feels like, it doesn't feel so good." 

"What did you have to drink?" I asked as I snatched the bottle out of his hand. I sniffed the top and it didn't smell like it had been laces with wolfsbane... but there are plenty of other things in the world that can be put in your drink and affect you, so why should the supernatural be any different?

Mason cleared his throat, "He really hasn't even had that much yet." 

"Alright, Liam, hey," I grabbed a hold of his arm to steady him and keep him from falling over, "I need you to sit down, buddy. Come on." 

Mason scooted over and allowed Liam to plop down beside him. I turned around to look for Scott, but apparently he had already found me. Malia had one arm looped over his shoulder as he led her to the picnic table. My eyes widened when I noticed that her and Liam were pretty much in the same state? Did someone like slip a supernatural date-rape drug in their alcohol or something? If so, that means there is at least one person here that is trying to kill us for the deadpool. I have a feeling that there are more than just one, too. 

"What is going on?" I asked Scott quietly, refraining from including the three people on the bench in on the conversation. 

He shrugged, "I don't know. I have a feeling it has something to do with the deadpool. I'm gonna go get them some water, watch them." 

"Okay," I nodded as he quickly jogged off towards Shelby's table. 

I crouched down in front of Malia and her eyes focussed on my face, "If this is what drunk feels like it feels really bad."

"You're not drunk," I assured her, "but something is making you sick... Scott and I just have to figure out what it is." 

Scott was back and handing Malia and Liam some water. I twisted the cap off for Malia and helped her take a drink or two. Once she was able to grip the bottle on her own, I stood up to go join Scott over by Liam and Mason, but Malia snatched my wrist and prevented me from moving. I turned around to face her, "What? Is something wrong?" 

"I'm sorry, for you know, being mean to you." she stated as she blinked rapidly. 

I nodded, "It's okay. I gotta go and talk to Scott real quick, so you're going to have to let my wrist go." 

"Last time you left me, everything went bad..." she said slowly, and I knew what she was referring to. The virus at school. When Stiles and I left her alone, she had complete faith and trust in us... but when we came back, it all went crashing down when she caught wind of the lie that Stiles had been telling her. 

I knew that she was afraid that something like that was going to happen again, and she doesn't want to feel this way towards Stiles and myself. 

I let out a sigh, "Malia, I never lied to you. I've been on your side the whole time, alright? I promise, nothing bad is going to happen between me and you again, okay?"

"Alright," she nodded as she released my wrist. 

My feet then carried me over to Scott and he was questioning Mason, "How much has he had to drink?"

"I already told Kasey, he hasn't had enough to make him like this." Mason responded with a shrug. 

My eyes darted between Liam and Scott, but then my gaze was stuck on Scott when I noticed him glancing at his hand oddly, like he couldn't see it clearly. Mason gawked at him, "How much have you had to drink?" 

"Nothing... not a sip at all." Scott responded as he nearly toppled over onto the table. I quickly grabbed him and eased him back into a standing position. 

My brother glanced at me, "You feel okay?" 

"For now, but I'm sure I'll be feeling it soon." I responded evenly as I scanned the group around us, making sure that there weren't people trying to close in on us. If it's not the alcohol that's doing this, what the hell is it? Is there something that's burning in the fire that's releasing a chemical? That's the only other thing I can think that's affecting the supernatural other than the music... can music do that? 

Scott was looking at the DJ momentarily before he looked to me, "It's no the alcohol. It's the music." 

As soon as he said something, I heard a slight ringing in my ears. I turned my head slightly to try and ignore it, but it was getting louder. The music is set to a frequency that only the supernatural can hear, and it's affecting them. How that's possible is beyond me, but it makes sense. 

"I have to turn the music off. Kasey, you and Mason need to watch Malia and Liam, okay?" he was gone before I even had the chance to respond. 

Mason looked uncomfortable as hell. Liam and Malia just looked like hell in general, and I was starting to feel like hell. I let out a shaky breath and sat down in between Liam and Malia, trying to keep my composure because somebody needed to be able to protect us all, and I doubt Mason would be able to do it... especially if we're dealing with assassins or amateurs trying to make a quick payout. 

I buried my face in my hands as I was hit with a wave of nausea. I knew that it was going to happen, but it does't make it any easier to deal with. I hope Lydia and Stiles are having better luck with getting information than we are having here. I really wanted to go with them, simply because I was supposed to stick with Lydia for moral support but arguing with Stiles isn't going to get me anywhere so there was no point in putting myself in that situation. 

Just as another big wave of nausea hit me, I felt a pair of arms grab my shoulders. My eyes snapped open and I attempted to pull away from the grasp of the security guard, but my attempt fell short due to how disoriented I felt. Two other guards grabbed Liam and Malia, and thankfully Mason was paying attention and decided to speak up. 

"Hey what are you doing? These are my friends." he said quickly.

One of the security guards took a step towards him, "You're friends are overly intoxicated. They need to be escorted out."

"Okay? I'll go with them." Mason stated evenly. 

The security guard shook his head from side to side, "That won't be necessary." 

"I said, they're my friends--" and Mason was cut off because the security guard had pushed him to the ground. He was surrounded by concerned students as the three of us were whisked away, and I'm sure by the time he got up, he couldn't see us anymore. 

My head was spinning as we were pulled into the school. Liam and Malia were unconscious as we were tossed to the floor. I quickly sat up, pressing my back to the lockers. The doors flew open again, and another security guard had pulled Scott in. He was thrown on the ground beside me and he imitated my stance as quickly as he could. 

The bald security officer, the one who had grabbed me, was holding a red container that usually had gasoline or kerosine in it. What the hell is he going to do? Catch us on fire and let us burn alive in the damn school hallway? Are these the same people that tried to kill Parrish? Well, he said that Haigh had done it... but why are they trying to do the same thing as Haigh? Can't killers be original anymore.

Scott was struggling to stay upright beside me, "What are you doing? What is that?" 

"It's gasoline. Haigh says we gotta burn you." he said as he began to pour the gasoline on us. 

A big splash of it hit my face and I started coughing as I inhaled some of it, what is wrong with these people? Are they really going to kill four teenagers for something that they don't even know is real? For all they know, the deadpool could be a prank and then they get charged with 4 cases of manslaughter. 

"Haigh? Can't you be original?" I replied sarcastically, if out of everything I've gone up against, a bald rent-a-cop is what kills me, I'm going to be extremely pissed.

The music outside was still loud as hell, and my head was pounding from the pressure. Once the four of us were doused with the gasoline, baldy crouched down in front of me and flicked open a lighter, "Originality is dead, cupcake." 

I narrowed my eyes fiercely and prayed to God that something would happen that would prevent him front dropping that lighter on me. Just as he went to drop it, Scott's hand shot out and he snatched it up. I glanced at my brother and saw that his eyes were red. He twisted baldy's wrist and he fell backwards. 

Scott was breathing heavily as he looked at me, "You okay? I think the music stopped." 

I focussed enough to shift and I could tell my eyes changed because Scott was looking at them oddly, "First time I've seen them." 

"Yeah, it's kinda weird." I responded with a dry laugh. 

I blinked rapidly and allowed my eyes to go back to brown. A classroom door beside us busted open as four more security guards came patrolling down the hall. Derek and Braeden then came barreling out of the classroom and began fighting. Derek was actually using hand-to-hand combat as a human as his weapon of choice, rather than his werewolfyness. 

Come to think of it, since he's been back to adult Derek, I don't think I've seen him wolf out once. 

Scott and I were attempting to stand up just as Braeden snapped baldy's neck. I winced as I heard each individual bone crack beneath his skin. Scott looked to Derek in amusement, "What happened to the gun?" 

"You guys are all covered in gasoline?" Derek stated sarcastically. 

My brother chuckled, "Oh yeah." 

Derek and Braeden helped us all to our feet, I wasn't surprised when Derek approached me and looked me up and down several times. "You okay?" 

"Yeah," I responded coldly, not wanting to talk to him. I really don't even want to be around him if I'm being honest. 

This was my first interaction with him since the kiss. I wanted to beat the shit out of him for kissing me and messing things up between Stiles and myself, but I can't... because it's not all his fault. I should have told Stiles when it happened, but still. It's not like I approached Derek and wanted to kiss him... he did it to me without warning. 

"You sure?" he asked again, his eyes daring around my neck and shoulders. 

I crossed my arms over my chest and narrowed my eyes, "I said I was fine and frankly my well-being is not your concern. Alright?" 

"Did I do something wrong? I'm just trying to make sure that you're okay?" he asked defensively, his cheeks flushed slightly, whether it be out of anger or embarrassment... I'm not sure. 

I couldn't stop the extremely sarcastic laugh that escaped me, "Did you do something wrong? Yeah, you kissed me and ruined everything."

"What?" he snapped, his eyes narrowing fiercely. 

To be honest, I'm not scared of Derek in the slightest. I think with all of the pent up aggression inside of me, I can kick his ass. With or without my wolf abilities. I honestly am to the point to where I don't give a shit about the consequences of my actions, because I don't want to be with Derek nor do I care if he never wants to see me again after this. I care about his well being and I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to him, but I want to kill him. That doesn't make any sense but I don't care.

"Did you lose your ability to hear, Derek? I said that you ruined everything. If you truly did love me like you said, you wouldn't have kissed me and put me in that position." I seethed as I took a step towards him threateningly. I was more than ready to kick his ass right now.

Scot grabbed a hold of my shoulder and pulled me back, "Kasey you need to calm the hell down. Go outside and wait for me, I'll be out in a second." my brother snapped at me, narrowing his eyes.

I shoved his hand off me and began to storm out of the hallway. Malia and Liam glanced at Scott before deciding to follow behind me, my guess is because they didn't want to stand and deal with the awkward tension left in the hallway. I could hear them whispering about the look on Derek's face as I stormed through the double doors out into the courtyard. I also managed to hear the last words that Scott said to Derek before he followed behind us, leaving Braeden, who hadn't said a word, and Derek alone in the hallway.

"Kiss her again, and I'll kick your ass."

__________________________________________________________________

hi hey hello!

how are you all doing? i'm trying super hard to get through these chapters but I'm not pleased unless they are at least 4k words so i try to add as much as i can in them to make them hit my goal. please be sure to fan, vote and comment if you haven't already. i enjoy hearing the feedback and i'm glad that you like the fast update schedule, lol. i wish i could just write the chapters slightly faster. also, i have to be at work in 6 and 1/2 hours, which sucks because i just got off an hour ago, and i have to go back in. it's 11:30 at night right now and i have to be at work at 6 am, if that confused you, lol. xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

601K 28.4K 53
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
5.4K 92 6
₊˚ˑ༄ؘ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏ 𝐟𝐨𝐥𝐤𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐞 [noun] 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙙𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙖𝙡 𝙗𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙛𝙨, 𝙘𝙪𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙢𝙨, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙖 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙪𝙣𝙞...
895K 38K 80
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC