Chapter 19. Omitting Certain Truths

I was currently in my bedroom laying on my bed staring at the ceiling once again. I felt drained, and I just wanted to sleep-- but I can't, and I know that. The never-ending list of supernatural problems I have is extremely overwhelming and I wish I could push it off to someone else. Unfortunately, there aren't any other Admonere/Werewolf hybrids in the area to take my place. 

My head was pounding and my fingers were tugging at the chain of the anchor necklace that Stiles had gotten me. I wanted to take it off and throw it away after he said those terrible things to me, but I just couldn't find it within myself to do it. I want to hate him, it would make this whole "taking a break" thing so much easier. I want him to understand that I didn't cheat on him with Derek and that I only want to be with him, and that the only reason why I kept the kiss to myself for as long as I did was because we just had too much going on at the time.

I don't know why he can't just see past that and try to work through things with me, I know that's what I would be doing if the situations were reversed. To be completely honest, Stiles could probably murder someone and I would stand by his side, because I love him so damn much. 

Scott and Liam were downstairs, I could hear them talking about how Liam isn't ready to live our lifestyle yet, and I completely understand. Hell, I should go down there and tell him to run for the hills because as soon as he starts to involve himself with us, he's only going to get hurt and wore down in the process. For some reason, we just can't seem to keep ourselves together. The back door was slammed, and I figured that it was Scott and Liam leaving. 

I began to twirl the charm around my fingers and let out a sigh as I released my hold on it and sat up. I don't want to take it off, but maybe I should... as soon as Stiles' sees that the necklace is gone, maybe then he'll realize how badly he hurt me.

My cell phone began to ring and I glanced at the screen before answering. It was my mom. 

"Hello?" I answered drly. 

She chuckled, "Well hello to you too, grumpy." 

"I'm sorry, I'm just tired. What's up?" I asked as I stood from my bed and began to walk around my bedroom aimlessly. 

I could hear her coworkers chattering amongst themselves around her, "Nothing really... are you busy?"

"No. Scott left and I'm here alone." I responded flatly. 

I could practically hear her smiling through the phone, "Awesome! Would you mind bringing me something to eat? I'm dying over here." 

"I guess, seeing as how I'm your favorite kid and everything." I said with a laugh. 

She scoffed, "Yeah, let's go with that."

"I'll be there in ten," I muttered before ending the call.

▴▵▴

I had no idea what my mom wanted to eat exactly, so I just kind go winged it and ended up getting Chinese.  I had no appetite due to the anxiety and depression I've been feeling the past few days thanks Beacon Hills' finest; Stiles Stilinski. I had gotten my mom twenty dollars worth of food, so hopefully that's enough to hold her over for the rest of her shift. It should be, I mean how much can she eat?

Once my car was parked, I grabbed the brown paper bag and made my way into the hospital. I really do hate it here, I'm probably here almost as much as my mom-- which is pathetic. I had no idea where she was working at tonight, so I just approached the service desk so they could page her to me. 

The man sitting in the chair smiled warmly at me, "Hello, what can I do for you?"

"Uh, my mom works here... I brought her some food, could you page her here for me? Her name is Melissa McCall." I answered slowly, making sure that he was able to hear my mother's name correctly.