Perfect Redemption

By claudiaoverhere

Perfect Redemption is the FOURTH book in the Perfect series, and follows Jax's story after the events of PERF... More

Extended Summary
Prologue: In Which He Doesn't Seek Redemption
One: In Which He Gets Held Against His Will By a Sword
Two: In Which She Calls Him A Piece of Shit
Three: In Which He Hates Her But He Finds Her Intriguing
Four: In Which She's Headed Straight For Trouble
Five: In Which He Covers For Her Sweet Ass
Six: In Which She Has A Decent Conversation With Him
Seven: In Which He's In Trouble And It's Her Fault
Eight: In Which She Actually Has A Heart And She Shows It
Nine: In Which He's The Man Of The Summer
Ten: In Which She Hates Her Job
Twelve: In Which She Is All Over The Place
Thirteen: In Which He Likes Her Smart Mouth (But Not For The Right Reasons)
Fourteen: In Which She Opens Up Little By Little
Fifteen: In Which He Follows Her On An Adventure
Sixteen: In Which She Took A Very Big Risk
Seventeen: In Which He Discovers That She's Just Full Of Surprises
Eighteen: In Which She Compares Her 'Bad' List With Him
Nineteen: In Which He Kisses And Tells
Twenty: In Which He Is A Starving Man And Is Ready To Eat
Twenty One: In Which She Makes A Run For It (Literally)
Twenty Two: In Which He Deserves A Shot At Redemption
Twenty Three: In Which She Is A Social Pariah
Twenty Four: In Which It Is In His Nature To Fall In Love
Twenty Five: In Which She Knows He Is Her Home
Twenty Six: In Which He Causes All Hell To Break Loose
Twenty Seven: In Which She Discovers His Demons
Twenty Eight: In Which She Discovers Her Own Demons
Twenty Nine: In Which She May Not Make It Out Alive
Thirty: In Which She Loves Him Goodbye
Thirty One: In Which He's Left With A Gaping Hole In His Heart
Thirty Two: In Which His Home Is Where His Heart Is
Thirty Three: In Which He Ties Off All Loose Ends
Epilogue: In Which All Is Well
Perfect Redemption Is On Kindle & Print-On-Demand!

Eleven: In Which He Realizes She Isn't What She Really Seems

278K 12.3K 7.7K
By claudiaoverhere

Remember to follow, vote and comment!

[ J A X ' S P O V ]

The next few hours go by in a blur, at least for me that is.

I don't know how my dad does this. The whole day I've been shipped to places that feel foreign to me, get interviewed by people who don't know me and speak words that feel forced. Most of the questions that get thrown at me are about my father and I try to answer them as nicely as I can, but I can only take so much. I rarely get questions asking about me.

I guess when you have a father who's a celebrity, you're bound to end up as his shadow and nothing else.

I try not to let it get to me. So I give them what they want. I give them scripted answers to their questions. I show them the fake me-the charming, easy-going me who is eager to please. I wear my facade for the entire day and it helps to make the day go faster. Because I don't realize I'm slowly fading with time too.

I really fucking wish I was in Boston right now.

I could go. I could. I can just pack up my bags tonight and leave and nobody here will ever miss me. To hell with trying to find redemption here. All I'm getting is the media's attention and nothing to benefit from it. I can go back to my life in Boston-the quiet life-where no paparazzi is going to chase me down the street for pictures and I am not forced to do shit I do not want to.

My mind is almost set. I will leave his hellhole and I don't have to come back.

But I hesitate.

Something is stopping me.

Or to be more specific, someone.

Blaire.

Yes, she's a bitch to me. Yes, we're not exactly friends. And yes, half the time I want to strangle her for the shit that comes out from her mouth.

But she's the most fun I've had in ages.

I like her. She's feisty, smart-mouthed, and she doesn't take shit from no one-even me. She's a bitch and every word that comes out from her mouth is venom, but I don't give a fuck.

Haven't you heard? Good is boring. Bad is in.

Oh, bad is so fucking in right now.

And let's not forget that she is probably the hottest girl I've ever seen in my entire life. I have never wanted anyone the way I want her. She invades my thoughts all the time and my left hand is getting tired of it. I need her. I want her so bad I'm coming out of my fucking skin.

I peek a glance at her when we're back in the limo, headed back home. She's looking outside the window, curiosity lacing her face. She looks beautiful like this, like a calm before a storm.

My eyes trace the bodyguard's uniform she's wearing and I can't help but snicker.

If Blaire and I ever fuck, I want to do it when she's wearing her bodyguard uniform. Because looking at her in it, I've never been this turned on in my entire life.

Bless my father's soul for making her wear it.

Because the entire morning, I cannot keep my eyes off her. Even when I'm pissed at her, I'm still staring. At her face, at her lips, at her breasts, her legs... every single inch of her I'm most likely to never forget. And everything looks way better now because of that bloody uniform.

If I could just fuck her out of my system...

If she let me... oh, if she did, we would have the time of our lives.

Maybe I want to stay here because I want her and I like a challenge. She's determined not to get involved with me, but maybe I can change her mind.

I'm Jax Deneris, for fuck's sake. Nobody says no to me.

We get back home around evening. The limo stops for us and both Blaire and I get out. I let Blaire speak to Hunter alone, so I go ahead and let myself in the house first. They're probably talking about her training schedule-boring shit. I don't bother saying goodbye. I know I'll see Hunter tomorrow anyway. I got a shit ton more things to do and I'm already bored of doing them.

I head upstairs to take a quick shower, then slide into a pair of sweatpants. No shirt. I dry off my hair and chuck the towel somewhere across the room, then proceeded to make my way downstairs to grab a beer from the fridge.

But when I open the refrigerator door and I can't find the damn beer, I come to the conclusion that I must have finished all the half dozen beers I bought the first day I moved in.

Fuck.

"Why do you look so constipated this evening?" Blaire pops up from no where. I turn to her and find her in her pink tank top and grey shorts. Her hair is all messy from blow drying it just now and I actually quite like it like that. It looks like after sex hair. I want to be the one to give her that. One day.

"Nothing," I snap and slam the refrigerator door shut. "I'm going to the grocery store to get some beer."

"I want to come with." It's not a request; it's a statement.

"Why?" I ask, curious.

"Uh, why not?" She fires back. "As you can see, we don't have a shit of shit lying around here. We're going to need more bread if we want to keep making sandwiches every morning. And mama needs to get more junk food."

"Fine." I sigh.

"Can we get some dinner too?" She asks, all too eagerly. "I'm craving tacos."

And I'm craving you tonight, baby. But we don't always get what we want.

I groan and I'm not sure if it's because of that thought or because I'm hungry too. "Blaire."

"What?" She narrows her eyes at me. "I'm human too. I get hungry. So lets get dinner. I know you haven't eaten too. You only ate three bites of a chicken wrap for lunch."

"Someone has stalking me," I tease.

"I'm your bodyguard." She rolls her eyes. "It's my fucking job. But are we really going to stand here arguing about this or are we going to get dinner and groceries? Your call, Jackson."

Dammit, Blaire. Stop calling me Jackson!

"You need to change."

She looks absolutely baffled by those four words. "I'm sorry, what?"

"I mean, you need to change," I gesture to the outfit she's wearing. "Change your clothes, idiot. I'm not going out with you until you do."

"Alright." She says, giving in. I'm pretty damn sure this is the first time I'm telling her to do something and she actually agrees on doing it. I got to admit, it feels good. "Wait, what about you?"

"What about me?"

"You're half naked," she says, eyeing my body. I'm not sure if I saw it correctly, but she may have just eyed me with lust.

"So?" I cross my arms over my chest, my lips curved slightly, mocking her. "Your point is?"

She gestures at my body. "You need to put on a goddamned shirt."

"Nah," I say, grinning. "I quite like you looking at me like this."

"Like what?" She breathes.

"Like you want to sink your claws into me and ride me all night long."

She chokes, looking away from me, her cheeks turning red with crimson.

A low laugh rumbles out of me. "I'll put on a shirt, darling. Don't worry about me. I'll wait for you in the car."

And also jerk off while I'm at it.

☸☸☸☸☸☸

Ten minutes later, I'm waiting in my car, engine revved, and watch as Blaire saunters out of the house, keys swinging in her fingers. She didn't discard the tank top-thank fuck- and her tits look great in it. But she's wearing a pair skinny jeans and her infamous black boots. She slides into the front seat and stares at me, her eyes narrowing.

"What?" She prods.

"Nothing," I quickly say.

She just looks so... nice.

Yes. Nice is the only word I can think of. Because the moment I look at her, I run completely out of words.

Whoa. Fuck. Where did that come from?

"You're just going to keep staring at me, Jackson?" She says with mild irritation."I didn't get dressed up just to watch you mentally strip me naked in that perverted mind of yours."

Aaaaaand she just killed the mood.

I scowl at her and turn away, released the clutch and then press my foot on the gas.

I expect Blaire to stay put in her seat, but she does not. She's like a child-poking and prodding things that aren't meant to be touched. She unwinds the window, then winds it back up again, and a few minutes later, repeats the process. When she gets bored of that, she unhooks the glove compartment and fishes through all my shit.

"No touchy," I warn her, a low growl escaping me.

She smirks, then looks through all my CDs. "Seriously, who uses CDs anymore? This is the 21st century."

"I'm fucking classic, bitch."

She snorts, then gathers all the CDs into her hands and starts analyzing them one-by-one. "Nirvana... Pink Floyd... AC/DC..."

"Give me that one," I ask, pointing to the AC/DC album.

She gives me a look, then hands the CD over to me and I place it into the music player. Immediately, Highway To Hell blares through the speakers and I start to hum the the song quietly. It ignites a few memories of my dad and I back when he was still in Boston with mom and I. He used to take me on road trips and we'd use to put this song on replay all the time. Doesn't get boring one bit. AC/DC has that kind of effect on me.

"This song sucks," she notes.

"Maybe that's because it reminds you of where you belong. Hell." I snort, tapping lightly on the steering wheel along with the rhythm.

"Guess I'll be seeing you there, huh?" She crosses her arms, her eyes glazing at me.

"Definitely. Lucifer has taken quite an interest in me."

She laughs. "Please. You are Lucifer."

"That I am," I wink at her. "Hence, me taking an interest in me. I fucking love myself."

"Maybe a little bit too much," She eyes the used tissues in the car. "Oh my god, did you jerk yourself off in the car?"

"Maybe."

"You're disgusting." She spits at me.

"I'm already going to hell. I might as well live up to the expectations that need to be met there," I tell her just as we arrive at Taco Bell drive-through. We're out of the line in under five minutes and I find a place to park near the grocery store. Blaire hands me my taco and the both of us sit in silence munching on them.

"I really don't understand why we didn't just eat in Taco Bell," she asks me.

"Because we're too hipster for that." I wink at her, taking another bite. "Be careful. The beef is about to come out of your taco."

"Shit, where?"

"Just eat it. Or suck it."

"But I don't want to suck it," she says innocently, but then it dawns on her that what I said sounded really weird. "Oh shit, if I had a penny every time I said that."

My nostrils flare. Fuck no.

The only cock she will be sucking is mine.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She asks, her face all scrunched up. "What? You think I'm a virgin? Please."

"Oh, trust me, darling. That's not what I was thinking at all."

She licks her lips and smiles, tempting me. I don't even care if she looks very unappetizing right now with sauce on her face. She still looks pretty fucking edible.

"His name's Ben if you're wondering," she says after a while. "The guy I'm seeing. Not really seeing, but well... fucking."

I don't even know the guy and I want to cut off his fucking testicles.

My expression is masked with anger. I clench my jaw, muscle popping, and she notices this, then laughs. "Calm down, Jackson. He's just a friend. He's actually a really nice person."

Don't care if he's nice. He's bagged you-multiple times-so I'm entitled to hate his fucking guts.

"I really don't know what to say," I voice out instead of the loud thoughts screaming in my mind.

"I didn't really expect a response," she says, her head dropping slightly, causing her hair to fall over her shoulders, shielding her face. "I guess... you don't really know much about me. And uh... you were right. We're going to be spending more time with each other now that I'm obligated to follow you wherever you go. I just... I don't know. I thought you would want to know something about me."

A grin forms on my face without me noticing. That was probably the first time she's said something not shitty. And I quite like it. Her features softens, not too much, but there is a hint of vulnerability coating her words, like she doesn't really know how to do this-to allow someone in.

"Thank you for that information. Even though it's kind of disgusting," I say quietly.

"Says the guy who jerked off in the car half an hour ago."

"Hey, like I said," I lift my hands up in surrender, "I'm no saint."

"Me too," she says, her chin lifting as she finishes the last of her taco, "and since I'm in a good mood today courtesy of you treating me tacos, I should also say thank you. For putting up with me this morning. I know I'm not the easiest person to work with and I do really need this job, even though I'm far from qualified to do it. Money's really tight now and I need every penny I can get."

I nod in understanding. I want to press her for more information about her reasons for going great lengths to get money, but I figured maybe I shouldn't press her buttons tonight. It's hard enough to tell me something about herself. If I keep insisting, she'll close off and wouldn't talk to me anymore.

And I actually like talking to her.

A foreign feeling curls in my veins, so powerful I shudder. In delight or disgust... I'm not quite sure yet.

Blaire tucks her dark hair behind her ears and watches me silently as I take the last few remaining bites of my taco. She smiles, just for a fraction of a second, and she thinks I didn't notice it but I do. I catch her red-handed and grin, snorting. She looks away, a grin forming on her face, and the blush on her cheeks return.

Something tells me that she likes my company too.

Her smile disappears as fast as it comes and now she looks uncomfortable.

"So are we going to get our groceries or what?" She asks, trying to hide the fact that she just let her defenses fall just a little. Her voice is now hardened, and she looks back at me with stoic, unreadable eyes. I nod, cut the engine of the car and head out. She falls into pace with me, her hand bumping into mine. I don't know if she's doing this on purpose-just to get some sort of response from me-but either way, I don't really care. My skin is itching to touch hers and I'll take it any way she gives me.

"Stop looking at me like that," she says quietly.

I quirk my eyebrow. "Blaire, I ain't doing shit."

"Yes, you are," she tells me. "I don't like the way you're looking at me. Like you've made up your mind about me and you're not going to stop until you have me."

I find the urge to chuckle. Well, isn't she an observant one.

"Jackson," she says, her voice low, like a warning. "Don't start with it. It's not going to end well."

Doesn't she know that it has already started?

My eyes meet hers, smiling and teasing, and she purses her lips, wondering what am I going to do.

I wrap my hand around her wrist, stopping her from entering the shop. She stares at me, wide-eyed and I bend down to whisper in her ear. I feel her stiffen beside me.

"Darling, you can't stop it even if you try."

☸☸☸☸☸☸

A/N: JUST FINISHED MY FIRST WEEK OF EXAMS! THREE MORE WEEKS TO GO. #prayforclaudia

I absolutely adore this little JAIRE moment. I like that they're bonding. FINALLY WE HAVE PROGRESS PEOPLE!

Be sure to leave a comment down below to tell me what do you think!

Next update: FRIDAY!

Love, Claudia.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6M 126K 43
*WARNING: RATED MATURE DUE TO LANGUAGE/SEXUAL CONTENT. READERS MUST BE 17+* *CANNOT be read without reading prior novels in series* Asher Pryce hides...
14.5K 506 50
“Felicia,” he began. I didn’t know why he looked so desperately upset. He shouldn’t be upset. I should be, because somehow Mrs. Audrian’s pack had hu...
177 1 20
"Take a hint. If I decided to hurt you, I'd have you walk through the door to hell." The rage in my eyes was evident and I knew this punk new exactly...
15.7K 431 23
Purple hyacinth ‼️THIS BOOK HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED‼️ - Sorrow, I'm sorry please forgive me - Jennie Watts - she was what people called perfect. Perf...