Something In Between

By NurNabilahAskin

Christopher Valentine is living his life just like he should. With plenty of girls, money and of course frien... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Seven

Chapter Twenty-Six

188 6 5
By NurNabilahAskin

Mia's P.O.V.

I have been awake for awhile now. Who in their right sense of mind could get any sleep after that? I was going crazy with every little move Jeremy made from next to me. He was sound asleep on his stomach, his face turned towards me. He looked so peaceful and instantly, I felt envious. I couldn't even get a wink of sleep! 

Instead of dwelling any more in my restlessness, I reached out a hand and brushed back a strand of his hair from his forehead. He stirred a little in his sleep but never did open his eyes. A smile touched my lips as I ran my fingers through his soft dark brown hair. I realized that it was in dire need of a haircut. 

My fingers trailed down his every perfect feature and lingered around his soft, moist lips. I felt my breath hitched when his lips parted to slowly nibble on my finger. Oh, the little monster was awake after all! I tried pulling my finger but he bit harder on the tip and I yelped, tugging out my finger. Unfortunately, I ended up tangled in Jeremy's sheets and fell in a heap on the floor. I heard booming laughter from the bed and my lips pulled up in a mischievous smile. Tugging hard on the sheets on the bed, I heard a loud thud from the other side of the bed. 

Wrapping the sheets around me, I stood up on wobbly feet and went to the other side of the bed. Jeremy saw me coming and a coy smile stretched over his lips. He placed his hands behind his head and grinned up at me in a sexy way. "Now, this is quite the sight. I think I'll stay down here for awhile." Rolling my eyes, I pressed a hand to keep the sheets around me and held a hand out towards Jeremy. He shook his head in slow motion, the smile plastered on his face. 

I frowned, shaking my hand a little, indicating that he take it now. 

Rolling his eyes childishly, he kicked my legs and I gasped. My legs gave out under me but he caught me in the process, laughing into my hair. If I were the type to easily loose my temper, I would have lashed out on him. However, I playfully poked his ribs and he chuckled lightly. I laughed along with him. Slowly, our laughter dissolved into thin air and we just stared at each other. Jeremy carefully reached out and wrapped a strong hand around my waist. I felt myself melt under his gorgeous blue eyes.

 "Nescio quod si non faceret, simul cum vita," he mumbled huskily against my lips. 

"I don't know what that means," I mumbled back. Teasingly, he pulled back and flashed me a sheepish grin. "I guess you'll just have to Google that." I puckered out my lips, tugging on his hands. His smile never faltered as he pulled us both into a standing position and that was when we heard the sound of someone clearing their throat. Actually, it was several someones.

Jeremy and I froze in place. It felt a little like a corny horror movie as Jeremy and I slowly started to make a 90 degree turn. What greeted us were Chris' grinning face, Larissa's smirking eyes, David's mischievous smile and Chelsea's dark brown eyes. 

We. Are. Doomed. . .

Chris' P.O.V.

"Shut it, Chris." Jeremy snapped at me. I held my hands up with an innocent smile plastered on my face. "I didn't even say anything." Jeremy then narrowed his eyes at David who was quietly sipping on his orange juice. "What about you, Mr. Hotshot?" David merely shrugged and send a wink in my direction.

I merely rolled my eyes, stuffing the pancakes in my mouth. 

Silence hung in the air as the TV released a strand of backgound noises. Nobody was actually paying attention to the blasted TV when Jeremy Cover just had the time of his life. "Did you use condoms?" David questioned casually. I bit down on my bottom lip as I watched Jeremy's face heat up with rage. He stalked up to David, grabbed his juice and downed it in a gulp. Dumping the glass in the sink, he answered calmly. 

"Yes, I did. Now, will you get off my back?" he asked in calm tones. 

David and I switched gazes, looked back at Jeremy and shook our heads simultaneously. 

"Naw~" We drawled out in unison. 

Jeremy let out a curse under his breath, running a hand down his face in aggravation. The girls were still talking upstairs and we, guys, were not allowed to step at least 3 feet away from the door. "I'm guessing she's the one?" I questioned Jeremy. He shifted uncomfortably in his seat. When it came to David, Jeremy and I, it wasn't easy to talk about emotional stuff like feelings. It just gave shudders down my spine. 

"She has always been the one. From Day 1. Only my stupid self didn't realise it till now." I knew exactly how he felt but I didn't tell him that. I figured he knew that without me telling him. Larissa Wilde was probably the craziest yet best thing that could have happened to me. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Larissa's P.O.V.

By the time Chelsea and I teased poor Mia till she turned bright red and made details spill out of her, night had already began to fall. Since Mama Cover and Lucy had gone on a road trip in search of uni's, Jeremy begrudgingly agreed to us having a sleepover. Unfortunately, Karen and Zach couldn't make it 'cause Zach was on patrol duty tonight and Karen refused to be a third wheel.

Who knew what was going on in Karen's head but we knew that it was that time of the month for her so naturally, she would be prissy.

As the girls and I made our way down the stairs, we heard the boys chuckling and screaming in between conversations. Something was definitely not right because I caught the smell of smoke drifting to my nose. We quickly ran down the stairs and bolted into the kitchen. The sight before me was the most ridiculous and the most humilitaing scene I could have witnessed. I saw Karen walking over to David who was covered in flour from head to toe and ruffled his hair a little to allow some of the flour to fall on his face. 

David frowned at her and she simply winked mischievously at him. 

"Care to explain what happened here or was it Hurricane Sandy giving us a warm good evening?" I raised my eyebrows at Chris who had a pink apron on. Jeremy had chocolate smeared on his cheek and his hair was spiked up like a freaking porcupine.

"Actually, we decided to make ourselves useful since it was so boring without - Ow!" David yelped as Jeremy and Chris kicked his legs. Jeremy mumbled something inaudibly and David's face shone with understanding. They just smiled at us like idiots. More like circus idiots actually. 

Mia opened her mouth to say something but the power went off. Just -wonderful. Jeremy quickly went to Mia's side and Chris came to mine. "Why the hell did this just happen?" David drew the curtains in the window and frowned. "Bloody thing. The whole neighbourhood is lit like freaking Christmas except for yours, Jeremy." Jeremy plucked his phone out of his pocket and dialed a number.

It was on ringtone as the dial tone was the only sound in sync with our heavy breathing. "What is it, Jeremy? Your sister and I are hunting down for dinner." "Mom, did you pay the electricity bill for this month?" A short silence pierced through the darkness and each of us let out a curse. "Why? Please don't tell me they cut off the electricity," Mama Cover's panic tone came from the end of the line.

"Yup, they did. Mom!" Jeremy exclaimed.

"Look, I'm sorry. If you could maybe sleepover at Chris' or David's house. . ." she trailed her sentence before a beep came from Jeremy's phone. "Shit. The battery's dead."

Apparently, Mia was the only one who could still rationally think.

"There's no use in staying here any longer. We just have to go over to one of our houses and stayover. Perhaps, we could keep Karen company?" Mia suggested. The boys looked at each other and ran to the sink. After washing off their hair and changed into some clean clothes, we walked down the block to Karen's house. 

Mia knocked on the door and I rang the doorbell. 

After awhile, Karen came to the door with a horrible mess of hair and pyjamas. Her hooded eyes snapped open at the sight of us and assesed each of us with her cool blue eyes. Then, her face contorted in digust. 

"What the hell happened to you, guys?"

We all looked at each other and grinned crazily.

"Hurricane Sandy paid us a visit," Jeremy answered with an arm drawn around Mia's shoulders. Karen opened the door wider and made a gesture for us to come in.

"Mi casa su casa," she said as she bowed down a little. 

Yup, this was definitely home. I thought as I felt Chris squeeze my butt and I playfully punched his arm. 

A/N: Whee~ One more chapter to go and that's it! :) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27 0 1
Bryce Matthews doesn't do the whole nice boyfriend thing. Chocolates and flowers-girls can forget all that. And he certainly doesn't care about the g...
594K 4.4K 11
PUBLISHED - Can be read on GoodNovel SYNOPSIS: Meet Mia Belle. She's an orphan, and a university student. Celebrating her 21st birthday with her be...
38 3 11
Justin Foley has to decide is he gonna confess to Max or Keep things safe with Leslie. Justin has changed, he's starting anew. No more the sad guy;...
415 15 12
When Mercedes moves to Miami after having to deal with family issues, she soon realizes a dreamy looking guy is her neighbour and his name is Austin...