Paralyzer || Barry Allen (The...

turtulme tarafından

"Being two blocks away from STAR Labs had always been interesting and appealing in some ways, especially for... Daha Fazla

Chapter 1: The Accident
Chapter 2: Unresolved Questions
Chapter 3: Revelations
Chapter 4: Hidden Potential
Chapter 5: Power Outages
Chapter 6: Cold as Ice
Chapter 8: Eclipses
Chapter 9: Seeing Ghosts
Chapter 10: High-Tensions
Chapter 11: Moving On
Chapter 12: Lights Out
Chapter 13: Baby Steps
Chapter 14: Confessions
Chapter 15: Secrets and Surprises
Chapter 16: Forces of Nature
Chapter 17: Time Warp
Chapter 18: When Reality Hits
Chapter 19: Piecing It Together
Chapter 20: The Face-Off
Chapter 21: Prevail
PART 2
Chapter 22: When All Seems Lost
Chapter 23: The Unexpected
Chapter 24: Liquid Amnesia
Chapter 25: Overwhelmed
Chapter 26: Puppeteer
Chapter 27: Good Intentions
Chapter 28: Ambivalent Hearts
Chapter 29: Racing Against Time
Part 3
Chapter 30: Aftermath
Chapter 31: Party Crasher
Chapter 32: Falling Into Place
Chapter 33: Changes
Chapter 34: Phantoms
Chapter 35: "Friends"
Chapter 36: Venom
Chapter 37: Decisions
Chapter 38: Cold Shoulder
Chapter 39: Parallels
Chapter 40: Blast from the Past
Chapter 41: Coping
Chapter 42: Copycat
Chapter 43: Ready or Not...
Chapter 44: ...Here They Come
Chapter 45: Awakened
Chapter 46: Comeback
Chapter 47: Unbreakable
Chapter 48: Costly Mistakes
Chapter 49: Reactions
Chapter 50: Confusion
Chapter 51: Whiplash
Chapter 52: The Encounter
Chapter 53: Take It Back
Chapter 54: Confrontations
Chapter 55: Problem After Problem
Chapter 56: Holiday Cheer

Chapter 7: Acting Normal

26.8K 857 762
turtulme tarafından

I woke up around five later that evening still feeling a bit groggy. Even then, the drowsiness wasn't enough to deter me from wanting to go out tonight.

I sat up in the bed and looked around the room. Caitlin was working diligently at the computers, her eyes scanning the screen intently. Cisco wasn't in my line of sight, but I assumed he was in one of the side rooms working on something. I wasn't sure where Dr. Wells was, but, these days, he always seemed to be missing. Barry was here, however, and he was sitting in a seat beside my bed. His eyes were closed and his head was tipped back a bit, so I assumed he was napping. He looked so peaceful when he was sleeping, and I couldn't help the small smile that formed as I looked onto him.

"He's pretty cute when he sleeps, isn't he?"

I turned and saw Caitlin standing beside my mattress. I hadn't even heard her making her way over, and I could feel the heat rising to my face for being oblivious to my surroundings because I'd been so entranced by Barry napping. I fumbled to get the words out of my mouth and deny the comment she'd made.

"I wasn't... Uh, watching him," I stuttered. My cheeks got even hotter as Caitlin gave me a look that let me know she'd clearly noticed what I'd been doing. I sighed and looked back at Barry. "Fine, fine. Maybe I was watching him... He is kinda adorable."

The girl let out a triumphant grunt as she folded her arms across her chest, a pleased smirk on her face.

"You totally like him," she whispered, her voice barely containing her enthusiasm. I knew she probably wanted to scream those words out loud, but I was thankful she had kept it quiet for only our ears to hear.

I spun around, my eyes wide as I stared at her. "I do not!"

"Mhm. Keep telling yourself that," she teased. "You can't deny that you both have a lot in common. It's only natural for you to like him." She patted me on the shoulder and walked away with a certain confidence in her stride. I stared after her with my jaw slightly agape and her words still spinning through my mind. But I didn't like Barry... Right?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Everyone had agreed to still going out tonight, and I was practically bouncing down the stairs as we left Caitlin's apartment. She had insisted on getting ready together, probably because she knew I didn't have the clothes or makeup I would need to prepare for the night. She'd offered me a dress and helped me to do my hair and makeup. In a way, she reminded me of the sister I had never had the chance to have.

Although there were many simpler dresses in her closet, Caitlin forced me into something I was sure was way too fancy for what we were going to be doing. At least it was better than wearing the ragged clothing I would have worn in place of it.

"Are you sure this isn't too flashy?" I asked one last time as we got in her car. It had been a while since I'd sat in a car, mainly because I hadn't had a particular need to use one when I could move faster than the machine ever could.

"Trust me, you look amazing," Caitlin assured me as she briefly glanced over and flashed me a genuine smile. "You'll have guys drooling over you all night."

"Ah, so now I'll have glitter and drool all over me. Sounds like a good combination," I jested with a half smile. She laughed at my joke until we both fell into a comfortable silence, the radio providing a soft background noise so the space wasn't too still. I took the moment to resurvey myself.

Caitlin had played around with my hair for a while until she'd managed to form these beautiful, large loose curls. The tips fell to around mid-torso and reached just a little farther in the back. The dress she'd chosen out for me was tight and black with a type of glitter that shimmered brilliantly in the light covering every inch of the fabric. The ends of the sleeves stretched just past my elbows, and the top portion fell off my shoulders a bit with both sides meeting in the middle in a very mild v. Everything about this dress seemed to radiate sexy, including the short hem which only hardly managed to make it to mid thigh, and I wondered if Caitlin had been planning this all along.

When we finally arrived at the bar we parked in the back, both of us checking our makeup one last time before heading into the building. The heels on my feet clicked against the black asphalt, and I couldn't help noting how flimsy they were. They would never withstand the speeds I could reach.

I cleared my mind of the thought immediately, shaking my head slightly and trying to focus on tonight. This was supposed to be a fun, normal, non-chaotic night for the four of us. I couldn't be thinking about anything related to our work if I was going to enjoy the time for what it was meant to be.

We made our way through the doors, Caitlin in front with me just a few paces behind. She probably looked even more stunning than she claimed I was. The periwinkle colored fabric of her dress commented her skin tone nicely, and the body con style really showed off her curves. Not to mention that the front revealed just a bit of her cleavage while still leaving more than enough to the imagination. I was sure there would not be a drop of drool on me while she was around, but I didn't mind. She deserved to find someone, too.

Barry and Cisco were already seated at a table near the center of the bar, and they rose to greet Caitlin, not noticing my presence as her body hid my silhouette from view. Then again, maybe it had nothing to do with my stupid reasoning and everything to do with the fact that they couldn't stop looking at her gorgeousness. They'd probably never seen her like this.

But, at least for Barry, I was eventually noticed.

He paused for a moment, taking a moment to look me over as his eyes scanned my body. A blush rose to my face, and I had to look away for a second. When I returned his gaze again I watched as his mouth opened and closed repeatedly as if he wanted to say something but couldn't find the words. It only made the light blush flush with more fervor. As he'd done so many times for me, I decided to save him in that moment.

"Hi, Barry," I greeted as I stepped closer so we were within talking distance. Following the lead that Caitlin had showed, I pulled him in for a hug which he took without second thought. That was the first time Barry and I had ever shared a legitimate hug.

"Hi, Haven," he echoed as he smiled down at me. "You look incredible tonight."

I was sure my entire face was as red as a tomato as I replied. "Thank you. And you're not half-bad yourself," I joked. To be honest, he looked very handsome, and I could feel my heart flutter a bit in my chest. I was shocked by the feeling, but I simply attributed it to my body just feeling the need to run at the moment. That was the only explanation, wasn't it?

A minute passed and Cisco and Caitlin were already discussing work amongst themselves. I rolled my eyes, but I didn't interrupt. They just couldn't seem to separate their work lives from their social ones. I was surprised I was actually managing to keep any thoughts of working out of my head.

"Want to get a drink," Barry finally spoke up.

"Is that even a question?" I chuckled as we began walking towards the bar.

We got a few shots and brought them back to the table as well as individual drinks for each of us. I noted that there were at least three times the amount of shots as I would have expected, and I gave Barry a questioning glance.

"I'm trying to see if enough shots will allow me to get just a little tipsy," he sighed as he placed the tray down on the wooden surface. "I've already had seven in under a minute, and I feel nothing."

"Barry!" I gasped. "You had seven in under a minute? How could you possibly be okay? Are you sure you're not just saying that because you're drunk?"

"It's his metabolism," Caitlin piped in for the first time. "He burns it too fast for him to feel the effects. It might be the same for you." She sipped her drink and looked at me in anticipation, waiting for me to try.

I looked down at the filled tray of shots and picked one up. If I couldn't feel anything I was going to be crushed. It's not like I enjoyed being drunk, but being tipsy and just feeling relaxed were the parts I enjoyed from alcohol. Parts I would miss if I was like Barry in that aspect.

After a pause, I lifted the small glass to my mouth and poured the contents in, the liquid burning my throat on the way down. Of course I wouldn't know the effects for a few minutes more, but I did know I had a high tolerance and would be able to down at least one or two more. So I did. Worst mistake I could've made.

I, for some odd reason, did not have the side effect that Barry had. An hour later I could feel the alcohol very strongly as it coursed through my bloodstream and bestowed me with its effects. Unfortunately, I had forgotten that I had not had a drop of liquor in practically ten months which meant that my tolerance was undeniably low, a fact I'd overlooked. And I may have downed about five shots. I was way over my limit for the night.

"Drink up, silly," I giggled as I pushed a drink towards Barry. "Come oooon. Don't you wanna drink with me? Let's be drunk together!"

Wow, drunk me was so, so annoying.

Barry choked back a laugh at my drunken state as he pushed the drink away. "You know I would if I could."

"But you can! If you just belieeeve," I chirped as I swayed in the chair at the bar. I kept swiveling it back and forth, completely amused by the little motion I had known of since I was a child.

"I think you're drunk enough for the both of us," he chuckled as he rested his hand on my back so I wouldn't fall off the stool. "Maybe it's time we should get you back home."

"Meh. I don't wanna go back to my cave," I pouted as my body continued to sway. Man, I could not keep my balance. "I feel like a bear or something, lying on the floor and all. And you know what? Bears are hairy and smelly. I don't wanna be hairy and smelly."

"Don't worry, I'm taking you back to my house. Someone needs to make sure you're alright tonight," Barry reassured as he tried to hold my gaze. I couldn't meet his eyes even if I wanted to. The world was spinning uncontrollably, and the all too familiar urge to throw up came rushing at me.

Barry must have seen the look on my face because he immediately got up and walked me to the restroom. He came in the stall with me, not even minding at all that he was a guy and wasn't technically allowed in here. I was grateful yet embarrassed to have him in there with me.

I heaved up whatever alcohol was still resting in my stomach as he held back my hair like a trooper. After I'd finished I turned around in his direction but couldn't look at him.

"I'm sorry, that was gross," I mumbled as I played with the hem of my dress.

"I've seen worse," Barry countered with a hint of amusement in his tone.

"But you're Barry. You can't see me like this," I objected shyly.

"What do you mean?"

Before I could respond someone barged into the bathroom and started calling my name. It was Caitlin's voice.

"She's in here," Berry replied as he opened the stall so the other girl could verify.

"She's not looking too good," Caitlin noted. "I should probably bring her back to my place or something."

"It's fine, she's staying with me," Barry claimed as his hand rubbed my back soothingly. I rested my head against his shoulder and he pulled me closer, the position so comfortable I could've fallen asleep right there.

A silent exchange passed between Barry and Caitlin, but I was too tired and out of it to even attempt to process what it meant. Right now the only I could do was focus on not throwing up again. If I could manage that, then I'd feel at least slightly accomplished for the night.

"Are you ready to leave?" Barry mumbled down to me, and I nodded my head slightly, the motion bringing back a small amount of spinning. He turned to Caitlin. "Can you let Cisco know we left?"

"I can hear everything you guys are saying!" the boy hollered into the bathroom.

"Never mind then. We'll see you tomorrow."

With that, Barry scooped my body into his arms, and I instinctively curled into his chest. His body was warm and the sound of his heartbeat for some reason soothed me. I didn't even notice when we took off or when we actually arrived at the house. Time was hard to keep track of when I could hardly even think for myself.

Barry set me down to walk on my feet, but I still had to lean on him for support. Even though my body should be used to the speed he was going, my body was too intoxicated to be able to handle it at the moment. Thankfully, I didn't feel the urge to hurl. I was simply disoriented.

We didn't talk much as we made our way up the stairs, our journey slowed as I tried to manage the steps in heels. After getting nowhere after about five minutes, Barry decided to pick me up and run me up the stairs instead until we were standing in a bedroom.

"I don't have pjs," I stated as I looked around the room. "I left them at home."

"I figured," Barry smiled as he rummaged through the drawers of a wardrobe at his super speed. He came back over with a t-shirt and some sweats that were probably his size, but they looked as if they'd be way too large on me. At least they'd be comfortable, and, if I was just going to bed, they didn't really need to fit.

I fumbled for a bit as I tried to get the clasp of the dress unhooked, but I made no progress. I sighed and tried to take of my heels, yet I couldn't even manage that. I let out a frustrated huff as I sat on the edge of the bed and tried to take them off once more.

"Need any help?" Barry asked as he strode over to me.

"Yes, please," I mumbled as I stood up and turned around so he could undo the clasp of my dress. Without warning, he zipped around me and, in a matter of seconds, I was changed into the oversized shirt and pants while my going out clothes were folded neatly in a pile on top of the dresser.

"That works, too," I shrugged as I climbed under the sheets of the bed.

Barry began to walk out the door before I caught his attention.

"Wait!" I called. "Where are you going?"

"To bed," he drawled as he gestured to the hallway and out of sight.

"Will you stay with me?" I asked. "You can leave after I fall asleep. I just don't wanna be alone right now."

"Of course," Barry cooed as he came over to my side. It was silent in the room aside from the ceiling fan that let off a low hum. It was so peaceful in the room it hardly took me anytime to fall asleep.

One problem of being drunk, though, was actually feeling the emotions that you'd buried. And tonight I discovered the one emotion I'd convinced myself wasn't real.

I was falling for Barry Allen.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

HOLA!! Soooo I'm sorry for any of y'all who don't like the mention of alcohol, sorry, I felt it was kind of a needed part. It revealed a lot! Anywaaaaayyyyssss... For those of you who don't mind the alcohol, what did you think?? :D I know there wasn't any action really in this one, more of a feeling/emotion chapter, but I thought we needed a little break from the norm. So this chapter was born... That sounds gross.

Again, I'm really sorry if these chapters are not as composed as the first few, I've been writing very late at night after I've finished all my school work because I've been busy for the last week. The life of a college student /: Anyways, please comment and let me know what you're thinking! Vote if you like, let me know if you hate (but please don't be too rude!), or ask me random questions because that's cool too.

Stay awesome awesomesauces!!

~ LeeAnne <3 (:

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

174K 3.7K 40
[Season 1] What would happen if Barry Allen wasn't the only one that got struck by lightning? What if there was another speedster? ~~~~~~~ Riley is t...
56.3K 2.3K 18
ON HOLD Rowan Nyx liked to play with fire. She ran towards the fire so others wouldn't have to. That's just who she was. She would always put other...
32K 994 40
Completed Story!!! You just have the best luck in the world, don't you? After 6 years of training, you are finally free to live a normal life as you...
298K 9.9K 44
5/--/18: #2 in #theflash 6/- -/19: #7 in #theflash 8/28/19: #1 in #dccomics 5/6/21: #3 in #greenarrow She can control time. Speed it up, slow it down...