The King's Possession -- Book...

By HowlingJane

(COMPLETED) The second novel of the Underworld Series! Can be read separately. For a mature audience! ______ ... More

Opening
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Epilogue
The Story Continues

Chapter Four

14.8K 557 34
By HowlingJane

Thought the song fit for when she's bathing. I suggest play it when you get to that part! It's not something I usually do, but I love this song! It's so sad, and fits her perfectly.

Enjoy my wonderful loves! :)
______

I could hear the sea close by, the wind whispering in my ears as I felt his hands upon me. It was my first day of teaching... learning the ways of the pleasure house. My heart pounded against my chest, my ears singing as the fear of what was to come had finally stepped into the room. Joshua, a tall and handsome man, had been instructed by Master Yokeen to teach me the ways of his precious jewels. I had never understood why it had annoyed me that he spoke of me like I was a sapphire or ruby. I was not a jewel, I was covered in my people's scars, and once had held the long braid that showed my strength and power to protect the lands and kingdoms. But, now, all that remained of my long hair was a short length, reaching the tops of my shoulders. I hated it, despised how I looked when my eyes would find myself in the mirror.

"I have never taught an Eenack warrior the ways of love making," Joshua whispered before bringing his hands up to cup my breasts, his lips moving over the line of my shoulder, his tongue darting out to taste the scare and salt on my skin. "It shall be an experience for both of us, little cat." I tried to focus on the waves, seeing them in the distance out of his bed chambers, the open arches keeping the town in view at the bottom of the mountain. I prayed to the gods to allow me to wake from this horrid dream... allow me to be back in my hut or by the waterfall after making love to my life mate. Maketis... are you searching for me?

"I don't deserve the title of Eenack Warrior. That left the instant my braid was taken from me, just as my freedom was." I hissed out, letting the anger wash over me. A gasp left my lips when the sleeves of the cotton robe were moved off of my shoulders, allowing the fabric to fall below my breasts and expose them to the cool wind, hardening the buds.

"Then what shall I call you, Little Cat?" He whispered as he walked around, facing me with dancing eyes. His trousers were a deep plum, hugging his perfectly sculpted hips in a way that was sensual. It confused me that I found it attractive. Perhaps it was because I had not had a proper nights sleep in a fourth night? Or the fact that my body craved to be touched -despite my attempts to ignore it- since my night of passion under the stars? Anger once again bubbled in my blood, my body wishing to turn away. But, I no longer owned my body, or my will. I had been stolen and bought by Yokeen, only to work for the Pleasure House. I was crawling in skin, and I prayed that the gods would forgive me of this. Perhaps I would need to forgive myself first? But, that would never happen. I didn't deserve forgiveness. A disgrace to my people, my culture, and life mate. If my body and soul deserved anything, it was this punishment of having to live and be bought again and again in the pleasure house.

Should I perhaps give him my name in the common tongue? For my Eenack name in no longer needed. I am not worthy of such an honor.

"Vixas," I whispered before him. "You shall call me Vixas, not Little Cat." He nodded in response, the corner of his lips turning up in a sensual smirk. My eyes went wide as he took a step towards me, causing me to move backwards.

"Then, Vixas, your training starts now." I swallowed the lump in my throat, feeling my heart pound against my chest, the blood rushing in my ears as his eyes danced in the dim light of the candles. "I will show you how to make love like no man ever has before." Nodding, I felt him pull me close and turn me around, slipping the cotton from my body completely. "First, we must start with touch. A man is easily stimulated by the sight of a woman's body, but we are known for what we do for a reason." My skin came alive as his lips slowly moved across the shell of my ear, his breath hot against my skin, causing shivers of pleasure to rush through me. "Touching is the way to truly get the blood flowing. Kissing does the same, only allows the heat to build in both you and your client." I nodded as he stepped back, examining me.

"This is all an act, Vixas." Joshua spoke as he poured us each a glass of red wine, the horned cup filling softly with the 'glug' of the liquid. "You must make him believe that he is truly making you enjoy this. There is a balance in the art of love making, and we must know when not to tip the scale." handing me the cup, I took a large gulp. It seemed that I would need the strength of the gods to get through this next month of teaching. Even in my teachings back at the Mother tree... they never caused my heart to pound in my chest as it was now. "He knows what you are, knows how much he as paid for your body, but that must all be forgotten." Taking my cup away after another drink, Joshua set them down and motioned me to lie on the bed. Taking a breath, I did as instructed, knowing better than to disobey. I preferred Joshua over Yokeen, the bastard had already touched me once and it had made me sick. Joshua, however? I could tolerate him for the month. But only this month.

"How will I know when I've done too much?" I whispered, watching as his muscular frame crawled over my body, his knees spreading my legs open to reveal my most intimate folds.

He smirked, dipping his tongue down to brush against the bud of my left nipple. An odd sense of pleasure washed over me, but I held my tongue, keeping my eyes looking up at the canopy of the bed.

"The moans cannot be overdone, the eye contact never lost, and the connection must stay at all costs." I nodded, keeping my gaze up. "And there will be times when he will want to ravish you, have his wicked way with you the instant that you walk into the pleasure chamber. But, it's all about taking your time, touching and caressing the skin, setting his skin aflame with need." As he spoke, I felt his fingers skim over the slight curve of my lower stomach, his tongue dipping into my navel when he paused for a moment. It was strange, causing a slow burn to grow in my core at the feel. Yet, when I wished that I didn't feel such a thing, it only caused the need to grow. Something about the forbidden dance was so intriguing. Perhaps it would be alright to dance in the fire, and deal with the burns at a later time?

My back arched and my eyes fluttered closed when I felt a long and thick finger run over the slickened folds of my sex. It was different, complete bliss, an taboo. I had gotten a taste now, and I only wanted to be greedy and take more. Would I feel like this with clients? Gods I pray that isn't the case.

"See? You're starting to enjoy it." he chuckled, trailing kisses back up to my neck and jaw. I moaned as his finger dipped inside my depth, my fingers finding their way to wrapping around the sheets on the bed. Nothing else was spoken as his lips claimed mine, slowly showing me the correct way to move my lips, how to keep the teeth from clashing, and when to dip in the tongue at the right moments. A few minutes had passed and the burning desire in me was like that of a large forest fire. I wanted to be taken, and it frightened me. "You're a quick learner. That's good." he chuckled before grabbing me and rolling us over to where I was straddling his hips. "Take off my trousers. It's time to start with the positions."

"You need to know that this is the only time that you will ever enter or taste me, as I will only taste you." Embarrassment washed over me as my cheeks burned, my fingers pulling down the trousers slowly. "As soon as my teaching is finished, that is it for our time together," he nodded, a chuckle slowly leaving him. As his member freed, I was shocked at it. It was not like Maketis', where his had been long and wide. No, Joshua had a length that was slightly longer than my hand, and a width about the size of my palm. Short and fat, with the head of a mushroom and a beat of moisture at the top. Placing the trousers on the floor, I looked back to see his hand wrapped around himself.

"Not every cock will be the same. Most will be small, while few are large. And most of the men will have no idea what they are doing. It's your job to teach them, use what they have, and take everything that they can give you." I nodded, scooting closer to where the member was in front of my folds, laying on his stomach. Grabbing my hips, Joshua moved me down to where the folds held him closely, a sensation washing over me at the feeling of my pearl being bumped when my hips would move back and forth. "Remember, Vixas, it's not about the size." my jaw went slack when he moved me back, grabbing the member and brushing it against my pearl. My head fell back as a moan left my throat, the pleasure slowly building in my belly. Oh gods... this felt so amazing. And I thought that Maketis had been talented. "It's about how it's used." he growled out before lifting my hips up. "Now, this is the first position."

Opening my eyes, I groaned and held onto the headboard as he slowly sank into my depths. A low groan rumbled in his throat as our bodies came flush together. But he didn't move.

"Men want what they can't have. They believe that they have to be dominate in every situation. Out there, they're a Lord, King, Prince, or Knight. But, in here, with you, they are yours to enjoy. So play the game, and dominate them, teach them that they love watching a woman control the pleasure. Show them it's good to be fucked like a bitch," his words came out low, his voice husky, eyes dark with lust as his chest slightly covered in sweat.

"What do I do now?" I whispered, my voice hushed and not sounding as myself to my ears.

"Remember how I rocked you across my cock a few moments ago?" I nodded. "Just imagine my hands are guiding your hips, and rock your pelvis back and forth. Let them rock like a mighty ship on a waved ocean." Biting my lower lip, I took his waiting hands in mine, lacing our fingers together to support myself. Moving my hips forward and backwards, I was met with his groans of satisfaction and the brushing of my pearl. "Just like that, except never keep it going in one pattern. Circle your hips as your rock, and let him feel you completely." I moaned as his hand released one of mine, going to my hip to help show me the way to circle and rock, causing my head to fall back. My breath was shallow, my chest rising and falling quickly. "That's it, Vixas, get lost in the passion. Forget everything for these few minutes, and make him yours."

Back and forth, circling, back and forth, it all became a jumbled mess in my mind as the pressure in my lower stomach was growing, building, and causing my body to sing as I began to glisten in sweat. His eyes watched me, but I could never look at him as he did me. It was almost too much to bear.

"Good girl, Vixas." he growled before sitting up, grabbing my hips with his hands tightly, and started to move me at a faster pace, my pearl constantly being brushed. The pressure was high, and I could feel my body start to shake. Our bodies moved together as I wrapped my arms around his shoulders, holding him close to me. I couldn't control my breathing, couldn't control the pressure any longer. It was all so much... "Get lost in the now," he whispered, grabbing my face to make me look in his eyes. "And never look away," his words washed over me like a great wave, and the pressure released, sending me into a shock wave of pleasure.

His lips came to my neck as he thrust up into my depths, causing the wave to keep rolling.

"Joshua..." I cried out, before the wave took me under completely. I was lost, and never wished to be found.

_____

My eyes opened as a soft gasp left my lips. Where am I? Looking around me, I noticed that I was in a tent, lying on a bed that was rather hot for my liking. Was there a fire going near by? Sitting up as I took in a breath, I was met with the scent of the sea, the salt lingering in the air. But, it was still a half days journey before we would reach the glass sea? And that's when I realized that I was not wearing robes, or any garment for that matter. My eyes went wide as I quickly covered my breasts from view, praying to the gods that I had not done something because of my drunken state. Surely these men had more morals than to take a drunken female? But, I knew that wasn't the case. I was a whore, paid to make love to men, and fuck them until they passed out from exhaustion, never receiving the pleasure in return.

Sitting up completely, I felt the feathered bed move slightly, and a groggy groan filled the large tent. My eyes flickered over to the large body under the sheets beside me. It was him... the man who had bought me. For a moment, the thought of stabbing this man crossed my mind, and I smirked, seeing a dagger on the floor only a foot away from my grasp. Making my moves slow and precise, I crawled over to the edge and grabbed the blade. The handle was made of dragon's bone, the blade of a Crystlin steel, only found in the salt mines by the glass sea. As the morning light caught the blades edge, I saw the crystal like glow shine from it, causing me to tilt it slightly to get a better look. It was breathtaking, reminding me of a nights hunt by the floating island of Namaria.

Moving back onto the bed, I slightly stood on my knees and looked down at him, raising the blade in the air, ready to pierce his heart. But, when my arm was to bring down the blade, I found that I was unable to. I was completely struck by the beauty of this man. His long lashes fanned over his sculpted cheeks, his head tilted to the side in slumber, and the slight part of his lips as he took a steady breath.

But, that wasn't the only thing that captured my attention. It was the marking on his left bicep and pectoral. The ink embedded into his skin was that of many different shades of blue and green, ancient writing wrapping around his muscles and attaching to the chest. It reminded me of the wind riding on the waves, bending and swaying the great mass, never moving it, but always helping it forward. It was beautiful...

Almost as beautiful as the scale like patches on the side of his ribcage. Crystal like slivers glistened back at me, twinkling in the light each time his body moved for a breath. They were perfectly placed, three rows that held onto his side, seeming to be in the places between each rib, and then disappeared from view behind him. The longer I looked at him, the harder I found it to bring the knife back down on this man. Perhaps it was the fuzziness in my mind, or perhaps it was the way that my mind refused to accept that this man could be dangerous. My judgment was not at it's best in this moment. Swallowing the lump that was in my throat, I moved to place the dagger back where it came from. And in the moment, he rolled onto his stomach, groaning in his sleep before exhaling softly.

My eyes found the six lines of crystal like slivers ran up towards his muscular shoulders, combining together when they reached the spin, and stopped at the base of his hairline on his neck. It went from crystal to a deep blue, matching that of the ink in his skin. Is this his markings for his Kingdom? Are these how he shows those of his pride and power? Instinctively, my hand ran up to my hair, not feeling the braid that had been there for so long. I would not braid my hair, I didn't deserve that.

Standing up slowly, feeling the warm air completely on my naked body as the sheet pooled back down onto the bed, I placed the blade back where it once was. Looking around the tent, I finally saw a robe that I could wear until I found something more suitable for riding and entering the Kingdom. But, it was his robes. Fighting down feelings of anger and embarrassment, I walked over to the robe and slipped it onto my body. Tying the rope around my waist, it held it together to cover my breasts and my behind. It came down to the middle of my thighs, my hair flowing around the beautiful colors of the sea and sand.

In the corner of my eyes, as I looked in the mirror while I brushed my hair, I thought that I saw crystal eyes looking at me, and a smile on his lips. But, when I turned my gaze to make sure, he was still fast asleep. Setting the brush down, letting my waves pool around me, I walked over to look at him. With steady breathing, and never moving eyes, he was still deep in his slumber. My fuzzy mind was starting to get the best of me this morning.

Walking out of the tent, the sun's warm light hugged the ground as the day started. It seems that I was the only one awake at this hour, as the sun as just risen over the mountains. It was dawn. Smiling, I looked at the morning colors of pinks and yellows, hearing the sounds of birds waking the greeting those who could hear their song. For a few moments, as I stood in the meadow by the stream, I forgot about everything. In this moment, I was just Vixas, and I was not a slave. There was only now, when I was enjoying my freedom and life. How long it had been since I allowed myself to get lost in the moment and enjoy what the world had to offer: beauty and peace.

Taking a breath, I noticed the smell that was coming from my body, and my nose scrunched up from the smell. Looking around, I noticed that the stream lead to a pond, close to a cliff that looked over the meadow. My eyes went wide as I saw the rock ledges, and the way that the mist left the rippling pool that was surrounded by beautiful trees and flowers. It was perfect... seeming so much like the one back home. Quickly walking towards it, I felt the pressure in my bladder, immediately causing me to duck behind a tree from sight and relieve myself.

I wasn't far from the camp, and the morning was starting to become bright. I didn't have much time to be bathed and back before they noticed my absence. His Royal Pain would be looking for me. And I'm sure after my outburst last night that he will keep a close eye on me. A shiver went down my spine at the thought. I hated to admit it to myself, but he did have a strange sense of wonder around him, constantly drawing me in for curiosity. And that was dangerous in these lands. You had to stay on the path, and never look away from your destination. Things, evil and dangerous things, hid in the shadows that surround us. I just pray that he isn't one of them.

As I scanned the area, to see if there would be a good place to sit while I washed my legs and feet, I noticed something that I hadn't seen outside of Mother Tree in years. A smile crawled on my face at the sight of a Boogna Berry bush. It had been my favorite berry to use to help clean my hair and body, for it's toxin was dangerous to be taken from the mouth. But, it was wonderful to clean with, and helped keep the scent of sweat and dirt off of you for days at a time. Walking over, I looked down at the robe, thinking if I should tear a piece of it off to help wash my body. But, as my hands reached to rip the end of the beautiful fabric, I thought it was wise to not do such a thing.

I would just have to go back to camp and grab a cloth from there. When I had returned the short journey from the little paradise to camp, I noticed that the men were starting to wake and move about. Some were cooking the breakfast, some were still sleeping, while others seemed to be nursing on a dark liquid that smelled heavenly that was brewing from a pot.

When I stepped close to the camp, their eyes were on me, some with hunger, and some still fogged from slumber. My stepped slightly fell as my body became tense with unknowing feelings. It wasn't pleasant, and I wished it would go away. My cheeks reddened, but I pushed the thought down and walked to the tent where he was staying in.

Yet, their eyes never left me. Taking a breath, I turned towards them, raising a brow at them.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked.

They shook their heads at me, smirks on their faces.

"I believe they're looking at you because they have seen you naked. That might have something to do with it, yes." I heard behind me. The deep baritone held me close as the warmth of his body heated my back.

"Yes, that could have something to do with it." I turned to face the man who believed a soul could be bought. "But none of you should flatter yourself. Man men have seen my naked body before. And surly in my time with you, there will be more who will look and taste me." Pushing past him, I walked into the tent, looking for a cloth to wash my body with. I had the berries, I just needed cloth. Finding a small towel for drying hands, I took that and started to head for the entrance, when his large body stepped in and closed the flap behind him. "Move." I simply stated.

"It seems you're not as angry with me today. This is a good start for us." he said with a slight smile. I hissed at him, feeling the anger bubble in me once more. I knew I should have plunged the blade in his heart when I woke. I would be on my way home now if I had. "But, where do you think you are going with my hand towel?" he rose a brow at me.

"Something you must know about having a previous Eenack Warrior in your presence : the first lesson in our teaching is to learn to hide all emotions. For when you are in battle," I walked towards him, my movements slow, "your enemy will look for a weakness. Emotions are the root to weakness, showing those against you of what can knock you down and kill you." His body was only covered by that of the thin cotton trousers that hung low on his hips, his hair pulled back in a bun, eyes dancing as they watched me. "I do not seem as angry, because I wish for you not to see me. Yet, I still allow you to know of my rage and hatred towards you." I hissed out, gripping the cloth tightly.

"Yet, I see more than anger dancing on your face and in your eyes." he whispered, capturing my chin in his hand, tilting my head up. Moving my head to the side, I stepped out of his grasp.

"That's merely the disgust that I have for you, and your stench." I growled out. Surely this was not all that I could come up with to lash out at him? This man was disarming me, making me feel weak and vulnerable when I was not used to such a thing.

"My stench? I was not aware that I had an odor." he said with a smirk. He's playing games with me. Hissing at him, I tried to move around him, only to have him catch my wrist and pull me back inside. Hissing again, I pulled myself out of his grasp. "If I smell so horrible, come bath with me. I'll get a bath going." his eyes danced with wonder and temptation.

"I'd rather be skinned alive and watch myself bleed to death than spend another moment with you in this tent." I said in a low voice, venom dripping off of each word. That seemed to sink into his bones and thick skull, for his eyes grew slightly large as his lips parted in a slight gasp.

"You wish to be dead?" He asked, sadness growing over his features.

Walking around him, I opened the flap of the tent, but stopped.

"I pray that you will do the honor before we reach your Kingdom. Your men speak of how merciful and what an Honorable King you are. Do me one act of kindness, and just end my misery." I whispered, then exited the tent. I didn't look at the watchful eyes, I only focused on my destination. There are dangerous things in the shadows, and he was one of them. He was the large shadow cast over me, and if I turned to look for another moment than was needed, I was afraid I would be captured in his spell. Even in our short time in the tent, as hot as my rage for him grew, I still couldn't find the thought to kill him in my mind. If anything, I wish he would kill me and let me go in peace.

My feet were in the cool water, the silken robe still hanging on my shoulders, but it flowed freely around me. With closed eyes and my head tilted back, I allowed all worry and life slip from me as my body relaxed. This was the life that I loved: to be in the world and feel nature. Feel the gifts that the gods have placed on these lands. With the berries smashed and tied safely in the cloth, I was ready to bathe and wash away all of my feelings for the next little while. The men in the camp were setting everything up for the days travel, and we would be leaving in a short while. Perhaps an hour at most.

The wind blew softly as the sound of the waterfall rushing into the pond greeted me, keeping me in the cool shade. This... this feeling of calm and joy? This was what it felt like to be home, to feel joy and happiness. Perhaps even for the last time.

Slipping the silk off my shoulders, I stepped into the water, wadding in it as I slowly worked my way over to the small waterfall. The cliff was high, but the waterfall seemed to be the length of my body. It was small, but perfect none the less. Smiling, I felt the water go over my behind before leveling out. It just went to the curve of my back, hiding me slightly as I brought my hair forward to cover my breasts. Stepping under the spray of the water, I gasped at how cold it was, but the grin on my face was more refreshing. Looking up, I saw the soft blue sky meet the rainbow in the mist of the waterfall. The pounding of the water washed over me, budding my nipples, and drenched my hair. I could feel the tight muscles in my shoulder and neck relax under the natural massage of waterfall. This was glorious. And for a few minutes, I just stood under the water, letting it wash over me and relax my tense body.

The cloth holding the pulp was in my hand, dunked under the water. A few birds started to chirp over me, the usual happy tone seemed to have a sorrowful sound to it. Perhaps it had lost it's mate as I had lost mine?

Slowly bringing the cloth up and stepped out from under the pounding water, I lathered it up slightly, being met with the sweet and spicy scent of the berries. My eyes were focused on the small lather of purple residue of the berries as I slid it across my arms and hands. It brought back so many memories, filling my mind with the night of Maketis choosing me, and I had chose him in return. We were to have a family, little warriors running around, and our hut would be located in the base of Mother Tree. Each night we would rest in the canopy and make beautiful memories until we passed from old age. Thoughts of what could have been filled my mind and I found my eyes to burn with the pain of tears. Something that I had not felt in such a long time. As I ran the cloth over my shoulders, I allowed a tear to roll down my cheek in silence, my face showing nothing but an empty expression.

I felt the change in the water as it dropped inside, a feeling of sorrow hollowing out my chest. Moving to where I could wash my legs and stomach, I made slow work to lift my body on the stone wall by the waterfall, sitting on the ledge. As I finished my task, I brought the cloth up to the top of my head, ringing it out slightly before massaging my scalp to wash my hair. I just sat there, covered in purple lather and tear stained cheeks. How sad my life had become. How joyous it could have been. But, it seemed my cards had been placed on a different, much darker, path than I would have ever wished for.

As I sat on the ledge, my hair covering my naked body as I washed the berries through, cleaning it, the sound of the bushes and brush being moved as large feet walked over the fallen leaves came to my attention. I looked up, my face emotionless, and my body covered in lather. There was no point in being afraid of wondering eyes. I was starting to realize how ridiculous that I must have seemed to these men. My body had not belonged to me for over four years. So why did a golden coin cause me to be angered? The sorrow was dulling my senses as I thought for a few moments.

The King stepped out, his body covered in a cotton shirt and leather trousers, leather straps holding a sword on his back as he watched me. I looked at him as he tilted his head to the side, a look of confusion and wonder on his face. After a few minutes, he slipped the leather strap from him, setting it down on the robe that I had taken to cover my body. Bending to where he could somewhat sit and watch me, I looked away. Moving the long strands of hair away from me, I finished cleaning myself before taking the rag and tossing it to the shoreline. He looked down at it, watched it land on the stump that I had aimed for. Slipping off the ledge into the water, I felt the cold sink into my bones once more, comforting me.

His eyes watched me, lips closed, and dark eyes with blue edges watching me carefully. I noticed the apple in his throat bob as he swallowed slightly.

"We will be leaving shortly." he said, watching my movements. I nodded, turning my back to the pounding water, moving my hair back behind me to wash out the berries. He swallowed again, standing up slowly, but never taking a turn to leave.

"I won't be long." I said in a soft voice, knowing he could hear me. Nodding, he looked back at the camp before taking off the bag that he had placed on his side down on the stump.

"Clothing. I believe you'll be more comfortable in this than a dress, Vixas." I didn't enjoy the way his voice whispered my name, holding it close like a lover. It sent my skin aflame with something that was unknown to me. And I felt... warm, and loved at the tone. That frightened me.

Finishing under the water, my body was clean and smelling sweet of Boogna Berries, I walked to the edge of the water. Ringing out my hair, I pulled it to the top of my head before wrapping it in a tight bun, tucking the strands within themselves to hold it steady. I would brush it once we made it back to camp. Stepping out of the water, I avoided eye contact with him, only having my eyes set on the leather trousers and robes similar to what I had first seen him wear.

"It's not customary for a woman to wear trousers, let alone leather like a man. But, you are Eenack. And they are known for breaking all customary traditions in the lands. I hope you will enjoy them. They're made of the finest materials." lifting up the fabric of the top, I felt the silk roll over my fingers, practically sliding off. It was wonderful. "It's a gift." he said in a hushed voice. It came down to the curve of my behind, synched at the waist to hold it close, with a dipped neck line, and fanned out after the connection at the breasts and the strap that held it tightly together. I could see my navel as the wind blew the fabric slightly. Not something that I would enjoy wearing often, especially with the similarities to his clothing, it was still... nice.

Looking over at him, I nodded, not saying a word as I slowly slipped the fabric onto my dried body. The air was hot and had instantly removed any moisture from my body, my hair already slightly damp. The trousers were snug, but fit perfectly as I moved them across my legs and over my behind. Fixing the buttons in the front to hold it up, I was ready as I possibly would be. Looking at him, he gave me a small encouraging smile.

"This doesn't mean that I like you. But, it doesn't mean I hate you more." I whispered, moving past him, the cloth in my hand as I slipped it into the leather pouch. As it went inside, I found a brush, taking it out instantly. Sliding the leather strap over my shoulder, I took down the bun to start brushing out my hair. He walked beside me, his gaze set forward. His sword and strap were once again in place, and the robe that I had borrowed in his hand. But, with each step that came closer to the came, the more I started to realize how he had a small smile on his face, and the edges of his eyes were not blue... but that crystal gaze, like that of his markings.

_____

"You need to know that I didn't buy you because I wanted to have my own personal sex slave." He said as we mounted onto our steeds, the day still young. We had stopped after a few hours of riding, allowing the horses to relax and for us to stretch our legs and eat. I hated to admit it, but he was not... horrible company. But, my anger and hatred still burned bright and strong. My hair was waved down my back as the wind picked up slightly, and we were off once again. The guards trailed behind us, carrying the supplies that had been bought, talking amongst themselves as we were in the front, trotting along.

"And I am supposed to believe that?" I asked, looking over at him. In the few hours we had spent together, the silence mostly quiet, had ate away at me until I could no longer bare it. That is when he told me of his name... a name that meant 'Lord of the Blade' and 'Protector of Life and Love'. It was an ancient name in my native tongue. But, it had soon spread across the lands after the god of War and Love was finally given a name. Children, babes, cities, boats, and steeds were named after him.

"Have I given you a reason to not believe me?" Kratos asked with a raised brow. I shook my head, looking forward, not wanting to answer his question. He hadn't yet, and that angered me. "I bought you because Yokeen was not going to let you go. I overheard him talking with some of the women... and you must have been a precious jewel to him. A high price was on your head for an evening of pleasure. But, I'm sure you were aware of that." I looked at him, not understanding. He vowed that I would be set free.

"I had paid a debt that had been placed in my hands. You had no reason to step into my life. I was to return home, finally be rejoined with my life mate, and life a peaceful life in Mother Tree." His head quickly snapped towards me, anger in his eyes.

"You had a life mate?" he growled out, the edges of his dark darkening to a deep black. I was very cautious of his actions, seeing the way the anger bubbled inside him like lava in a volcano. He seemed to be ready to erupt at any moment.

"We had finished the mating, but I had not been claimed or marked. I had been taken the night before the Silver Moon." I spoke slowly. "You get angered by the thought of me with another man for the rest of my life, yet you don't seem upset in the least of men taking my body for pleasure? Next you will be telling me that you have feelings for me that I know nothing of yet." I rolled my eyes, clicking my tongue to bring the steed into a slight jog, my body bouncing as we picked up pace. He followed, watching me carefully.

"You. Belong. To. ME!" He growled out, reaching for me. Hissing at him, I flicked the rains to move her forward out of his reach.

"You may have paid Yokeen for me, but I will never belong to you!" I kicked the side of her stomach, and we were off. "YAH!" I heard yelling behind me as I took off, my body dipped forward as the wind whipped past us. The sound of hooves beating against the stoned pathway filled the air as we quickly moved forward. I was cheering the steed on in my mind, focusing on getting off the pathway, and heading towards Namaria. His majesty would help me... surely Queen Amira would listen to my pleas and send this man away. I was too far away from my home to make it there in a days journey, but Namaria was close, half a days ride away.

"VIXAS!" I heard a deep voice yell, rage dripping off his tongue and Kratos got closer. Moving the steed to the left, we were off the pathway and rushing towards Namaria. But, as we started the journey towards the heart of the land, I noticed the cliff beside us, and the glass sea below. I could jump... end all of this. With that joyous thought in mind, I moved us towards the cliff, hitting the stomach softly to get the steed to move faster.

"Come on, come on!" I called out as we came closer. It was so close, yet so far. I could hear the heavy pounding of Kratos' steed behind us, and feel a hand brushing against my elbow. But, as he reached to grab me and the rains, I moved us to the right away from him. He growled out, calling after me as I showed her through the trees, the final destination in sight.

When there was only a hundred feet left, I jumped off the steed, giving her a good slap to keep her running. That would keep his men busy for a while. When my body made contact with the land, I rolled, coming back on my feet in a dead run for the cliff.

And as I met the cliffs edge, my feet lifting and my body in the air in a jump, everything seemed to slow down to a crawling pace. His arm wrapped around me tightly at the last moment, bringing me back. I cried out in pain and anger as we moved from the cliff, my body lifted onto his steed and placed against him. Tears of anger, pain, rage, sorrow, everything I felt in that moment, filled my eyes as I gripped his shirt, pounding his chest and screaming for him to let me go. He held me tightly to him as we came to a stop by the beginning of the tree line, far from the cliff. I sat facing him, my head buried in his chest as tears streamed down, my begging for him to turn and let me go meeting deaf ears.

He got off the steed, easily holding my body as I continued to cry, the wind wrapping around us. His guards surrounded us, their faces saddened by the sight. I slumped to the ground, begging him to let me go, not caring how humiliating this was. All I wanted was to end this misery, to leave this world, and join those that had gone on before. Why... WHY would he not let me?

"Please let me go, I'm begging you..." I cried out, wrapping my arms around myself.

"Hand them to me," he said softly to a guard. I didn't look up, afraid of what it would be. But when he reached down and grabbed my wrist, I looked up and instantly screamed. The cuffs of owning, he had a crystal pair, thin but strong. Once placed on, they could only be removed by the master.

"NO!" I screamed, trying to move out of his grasp. All chances of freedom and running vanished as he looked down at me, regret and sadness in his eyes. "Please! I'm begging you, I won't run!" I cried out, my vision blurry at the sight of them getting closer to my wrists. Another pair was for the ankles, a thing band that would fit loosely, but never large enough to be removed. "PLEASE!" I cried out, desperate at this point. I couldn't bear these! I'd never be able to leave again. Everything that I had known, everyone that I had loved, that would no longer be a reality. I was now a slave to the owning, the coin never mattering compared to this.

"I'm so sorry, Vixas." he whispered before slipping them onto my wrists. I screamed in agony before falling down to the ground, crumpling as I felt the crystal cuffs tighten slightly. To anyone looking, it looked like a fine bracelet, but to me it was a lifetime of pain and misery. I wrapped my arms around myself, my ankles being cuffed a few moments later. He lifted me up, but I fought him off, turning away and crying harder, my body shaking from the pain I felt. "I'm doing this because you're mine. Not in a way of buying you, but because your heart belongs to me! I'm doing this to make sure you are safe. Not to own you like a slave. But to own you as mine. My own heart and love," he whispered, looking down at me with large eyes. I sobbed into my hands, my knees coming up to my chest as I laid there. I had no desire to move, no hope of running. I had lost... officially I had lost. All of my freedom was now gone.

"My King... I've only witness to one other instance where an Eenack had cried like this." I heard the man with the scar speak. "Eenack Warriors are taught from a young age to not show pain, emotion, or give away their feelings. Especially female."

"What does this signify then?" Kratos asked as he lifted me up. I no longer fought, the cuffs held me in place from the foreign weight. He held me close to him, his lips kissing the top of my head. I felt none of it, for all I felt was my pain and agony. I cried, my body shaking as the next words were spoken. None could be more true.

"You've broken her, Sire. You've broken her spirit. And that, my Lord, is the fatal move of a blade into their heart." he whispered. I simply curled up tighter in Kratos' arms, wishing to be small and hide from the world. Gods... let this be a nightmare. Please, please, gods. Let me awaken in Maketis' arms.

But, the harder I fought to wake, to try to fight away the cold pain that was sinking into me, the more it burned my heart to know that this was no longer a nightmare. This was a nightmare, yes, but it was now my future. A slave owned by the King of the Glass Sea in the Kingdom of Night.

"Gather the horses, we camp here for the night. We'll leave at dawn." he called out, holding me close. "You'll learn soon enough of why I have done this." he said before kissing my temple. I prayed I died before that moment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.3K 251 57
Two broken souls in the midst of a crazy world. Two souls running away from their past. There was no light at the end of the tunnel. The tunnel was c...
223 35 28
I woke to a sudden breeze invading the warmth from the heavy blanket that caressed my skin. Here, alone with my thoughts, the still, calm quiet in th...
56.1K 1.1K 31
WARNING MATURE CONTENT: MENTION OF GRAPHIC CONTENT ABUSE, MURDER, THE USE OF DRUGS WITH MATURE LANGUAGE AND MATURE SCENES. VIEWERS DISCRETION...
149K 2.4K 42
"What the fuck is your problem?" I asked my sworn enemy. "Have you lost your damn mind!" I scream at the top of my lungs. This bitch better answer m...