Scenes from SparkNA

By MinaVE

In April and May 2015, I ran a New Adult Contemporary class, sponsored by Anvil's Spark Books. Over 30 manusc... More

"The Zombie Run-pocalypse" from Love on the Run by Angel Constantino Aquino
Scene from Midnights in Bali by Carla de Guzman
Scene from Chasing Waterfalls by Justine Camacho Tajonera
Scene from The Problem with Being Laura by Sue Donymko
Scene from Scandalized by Tara Frejas
Scene from The Best Distraction by Farrah F. Polestico
"A Break in the Chain" from Night Runs, Hot Flashes by Brigitte Bautista
"Under the Stars" from All That Glitters by Ines Bautista-Yao
Scene from Breakfast with Brie by Irene Nicolas-Recio
"Convenience Store" from Chasing Mr. Prefect by Kathrin Briones
Scene from Serenade by Claire Du

Scene from A Thing Called Love by Cassandra Javier

224 5 0
By MinaVE

From the author: After weeks of going on unlabeled dates, Brad and Midge were finally willing to take their "relationship" to the next level. This isn't easy, though, because Midge is not the type of girl who's all for relationships, and Brad really wasn't sure where he stood-or whatever it is that they are-but, he was willing to take a risk, because he knew (at least he had hope in his heart) that it would be worth it.

Brad looked great, Midge thought. He looked like he found the cure to one of those incurable diseases or something. He smiled at Brad, his eyes bedazzling her.

"Brad?" She said.

"Well," he started, "I know I don't have any flowers with me or anything but...I was writing what's supposed to be a song earlier, but it doesn't have a melody yet, so..." He took a deep breath, "Anyway...I just realized that I really shouldn't wait for it to be a song before I sing it to you. I just...I just want to tell you that I really like you. I know I've already told you that, but, there's more to it than that."

"Brad-"

"Will you listen to what I wrote? Can I read it for you?"

"Yeah, sure." Midge smiled, butterflies filling her stomach.

Brad unfolded the piece of paper that he had in his hands. He then started to read.

Could it be true

That this heart is falling for you?

I used to be empty, I used to feel fine

But now I'm better, better that you're around

I think I want to tell you

How I really feel, yes, I do

I want to tell you

He stopped, held Midge's hand, and looked her in the eyes. "Midge," he said, "I just...I just want to tell you that I love you."

"Brad-"

"I don't know when it happened, but I just know that the way I feel for you? This is more than just liking someone. It's more than just wanting to be around someone. It's-"

"Brad," Midge said, thinking about what Mara, one of her clients, said earlier. She thought about how Mara was right when she said that not putting labels in a relationship may seem fun at first, but then again, in the end, you just have no idea where you stand-and relationships shouldn't be like that.

Maybe, it's high time for her to admit her feelings-all of her feelings. Maybe, it's high time for her to understand that her feelings are real, and that she shouldn't just hold them all in. It's high time for her to step up, let Brad know that she loves him, too-and not let this moment go.

Midge went on. "I know how it feels because I feel the same way, too." She smiled. "Whenever I see you, I feel this rush of emotions inside. I feel like...like I'm traversing clouds, like there are a lot of butterflies around me...and it actually feels good. Scary, but good. Isn't that what love's supposed to be like?" She grinned.

"Love. You used the word?" He smiled.

Midge nodded her head. "I love you, Brad. And, I'm not just saying this because we're in this moment and it would be stupid to just let it go. I'm saying it because it's real. I actually do believe in a thing called love, you know?" She laughed and went on, "I never felt this way for anyone before. I guess, it helps when you help someone out after someone pukes on her."

This made both of them laugh.

"I love you, Midge." Brad said, holding her face in his hands and going for a nose graze. "I like those beautiful, expressive eyes of yours. I like how you laugh like a child. I like how you have these laugh marks and dimples that make me feel like you're this angel."

"I sure am not."

"I know." He grinned and went on. "I like how different you are from everybody else. How you're not afraid to just embrace the person you are, flaws and all. How you're so open, so...just so you. You know what I mean? And mostly, I like the way I feel when I'm with you."

"And how do you feel when you're with me?" She smiled.

"Great." He said. "Like, I'm with someone who just gets me. Like, I have everything I need in the world and more."

No one has ever told her something like that before. No one ever made her feel like she was all that mattered in the world. And maybe, that was the reason why she couldn't really give her heart to anyone before-because she knew that she didn't want to feel like she was just a small, insignificant part of their world.

Maybe, she was selfish for wanting to be someone's world, but she knew that it would be nice to feel wanted; to feel like she really mattered-and she trumps over everyone and everything else. Sometimes, all people really want is for them to feel like they matter so much to someone; that their role in this world actually means something.

And that's how Brad was making her feel now.

"I love you." She told him.

"I'm the lucky one because I have you." He told her. "I love you, Midge."

"I love you, too." She said one more time and went on to kiss him. The kisses started slowly, but they kept going on for more. They didn't care if someone would see. They didn't care if clients or customers would go in the door and see two people kissing each other with so much passion, hands all over each other. For once, it would be good not to care. For once, the only thing that mattered was the fact that they loved each other-that love actually still exists. And sometimes, that's what most people forget.

"Errrm, I hate to burst your bubble," Leah said, "but Midge, we have a meeting in fifteen minutes with Mr. C at the caf. I just thought you should know." She then tapped Midge and Brad on their shoulders, "But go on, then, I'll be downstairs. You have fourteen minutes or less to-"

Brad and Midge laughed.

"Shut it, Lei." Midge cooed but she had a smile on her face.

Leah left and closed the door.

"Think we can do more in fourteen minutes or less?" She asked.

He laughed. "We're troopers," He grinned, "Come on."

And they went on to kiss each other some more.

***

The sheets were soft and the air was cold, but all Midge could feel at that moment was how her and Brad's bodies fit together as one; how it seemed like they filled those gaps between their fingers; how their skins melted together; how he could so easily slip in and out of her, and how her body reciprocated so much.

They were in Tagaytay, and frankly speaking, they pretty much just enjoyed the day acting like teenagers, kissing and making sure they were all over each other whenever possible. The weather was cold but everything inside them screamed hot, hot, hot.

Not to mention, she also enjoyed traversing the city with him. Of course, they went to Picnic Grove and she was able to lay her head on his shoulder while checking out the sight of those famous baby volcanoes. They even went as far as boating around the crater of the Taal Volcano-which was one of the most adventurous things she's done, in her opinion, because she's never really been a fan of volcanoes.

Then, they went to one of those roadside markets and bought their share of pineapples and rambutans, which they devoured once they were back in the hotel. They also went to this now famous amusement park in Tagaytay and rode the Ferris wheel, just checking out everything below them. Actually, that's how they felt at that moment: like they were on top of everyone; like nothing really mattered because they had each other.

Heaving and laughing after reaching their latest climax, they cuddled up in bed. His arms were around her as she laid her head on his chest. She looked up at him and he kissed her on the lips.

"You're amazing." He said.

"You are, too." She grinned. "Too much energy, huh?"

He laughed boisterously. "You're insane." He said and smiled at her.

She took a deep breath and smiled. "You remember your first time?"

He looked at her unsurely. "Yeah...I mean, not at this moment, but yeah, of course." He said. "Why?" He was confused. Why would she even be asking that kind of question?

"Well, I kind of feel like...like this is the first time."

"Is it? I mean, for you? Because, I-"

She laughed. "No, it's not like that." She grinned. "It's just..." This time, she turned pensive. "You know how during your first time you kind of felt scared and like, you're just happy...happy but scared? Like, it's something you know would never happen again. I mean, that was how it was for me." She said. "And that's kind of how I feel right now."

"Like it's your first time?"

"Yeah." She said. "I know it sounds so much like a Madonna song-"

"Hey, she's good."

"Of course." She grinned. "I just mean...I mean, it's like my heart's bursting right now. I just have all these feelings inside and I've never really felt this way before and I'm just...I'm just so happy I did it with you."

He kissed her and looked her in the eye. "You have a million galaxies inside you," he said, "I mean, I don't feel like I know everything about you yet, but I'm enamored."

"Enamored, huh?" She teased.

He smiled and kissed her from the forehead down to her lips before speaking again. "Yeah, because you're just so much more than who you are. You're like the moon because you give me so much light."

"The sun only gives the moon some light."

"Well, yeah," he said, "but the moon's the only thing that's capable of illuminating that dark sky, especially without the stars around."

She took a deep breath and smiled. "I like the sound of that." She said.

"Hey," he said, looking at her with a hopeful smile on his face, "You know...my family has this house just a couple of streets away. I know it's last minute but...would you like it if I let you meet them? I would totally understand if you don't but my parents would be going back to New York again soon and-"

She smiled. Even Cole never really cared about letting her meet his parents before. Aaron was such a kid at that time, too, and he felt like she still shouldn't meet his parents. This was the first time it's going to happen, but she was so up for it.

"I'd really love to but no one's asked me to meet the parents before." She laughed. "But, if you're serious-"

"Of course I am." He said. "I love you."

She grinned. "I love you, too." And with a fake British Princess voice she said, "It would be an honor to meet your parents."

He smiled at her. "It would be my pleasure, my lady."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 116K 58
"ရှင်သန်ခြင်းနဲ့သေဆုံးခြင်းကြား အလွှာပါးပါးလေးကိုဖြတ်ကျော်ခါနီးမှာမှ ငါမောင့်ကိုစွန့်လွှတ်တတ်ဖို့ သင်ယူနိုင်ခဲ့တယ်၊ လူတွေက သံသရာမှာ ရေစက်ရယ်၊ဝဋ်ကြွေး...
1.5M 99.3K 191
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. 🔥** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...
290K 419 9
nothing but smut. there are different sections for you to read so if you don't like the first one you can just go to another one. enjoy 💕 don't be s...
563K 35.1K 48
𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐞𝐛𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬, 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐠 �...