She Crossed That Bridge

By TianaVianne

Shinessa knows that Helix is worth the fight―until she discovers that he's dying soon. Now faced with a diffi... More

Note
She Crossed That Bridge
Character Aesthetics
Dedication
Prologue
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
Epilogue
Special Chapter (Part 1)
Special Chapter (Part 2)
Special Chapter (Part 3)
Facts about SCTB
Final Note

16

118K 1.8K 169
By TianaVianne

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Bottling it all up . . .

"YOU knew it," I said, nodding my head.

I finally understood why Gerald always took Hel's side. He knew it all along.

Kaya pala parang mas . . . okay 'yong treatment ni Gerald kay Helix kaysa kay Dest. Alam niya pala 'yong buong istorya.

"Pauline got pregnant at the age of sixteen. Knowing Dest, he would immediately break up with Pauline once he learns about the baby," he said, pouring himself a glass of water.

She was sixteen when she has gotten pregnant? It was two years ago then.

I sat on the kitchen counter and listened to Ger.

"Why did she even conclude that Dest would break up with her once he finds out that she's pregnant? I mean—Dest's definitely a jerk, but I don't think he would do that to Pauline."

"You know nothing about Dest." He scoffed. "He's the guy who wants no responsibility."

Well, he's definitely right. Naging kaklase ko si Dest sa loob ng ilang taon, pero wala pa rin akong sapat na kaalaman tungkol sa kanya o sa buhay niya.

"So, Helix and Pauline met two years ago?" tanong ko. Hanggang ngayon ay hindi pa rin ako makapaniwala sa kuwentong narinig ko.

"Yeah. And Helix was there to help her. He even goes with her to the hospital for the checkup. But in the fourth month of her pregnancy, she lost the baby."

Napaangat ang parehong mga kilay ko. "I thought Hel was helping her? How did she lose the baby?"

"Pauline's being abused by her brother. Dest didn't know. But Helix knew about that. Pero hindi naman sinabi ni Pau kay Helix ang tungkol doon."

Sumisikip ang dibdib ko sa mga nalalaman ko. Ang hirap pala talaga n'ong mga pinagdaanan ni Pauline. I should've been nice to her when I got the chance.

"So paano niya nalaman kung 'di naman sinabi sa kanya ni Pau?" tanong ko.

"I don't know. Wala naman nang ibang nabanggit sa 'kin si Hel bukod doon."

Sa paraan ng pagkukuwento ni Gerald, hindi palakuwento si Helix pero mas lalong hindi mahilig magkuwento si Dest.

Sa pagkakakilala ko kasi kay Dest, puro kalokohan lang ang lumalabas sa bibig niya. Kahit kailan ay hindi ko nakausap nang matino 'yon kahit no'ng kaklase ko pa siya.

"This may sound weird, but . . . I think it's kind of unfair to Dest. I mean—he's her boyfriend. She should've trusted him. She should've told him about everything," komento ko.

Kahit ayaw ko kay Dest, hindi pa rin tama 'yong ginawa ni Pauline. Pero hindi ko rin naman masisi si Pauline. Napabuntonghininga tuloy ako. Hindi ko na alam kung ano ba ang dapat kong isipin.

"Yeah. I know. That's why I can't blame Dest either," sagot niya sa 'kin.

I let out a long sigh. "I really thought Helix was sleeping with her. Because when I asked him a lot of times about it, he responded like they really had sex or anything like that. For the record, I saw Pauline kissing Hel's neck at Andrew's balcony."

Gerald let out a small laugh, shaking his head. Malamang naalala niya na naman 'yong bagay na 'yon at awang-awa na naman siya sa inosente kong mata.

"Pauline initiated sex with Helix a lot of times. She wanted to do it with Hel, but Hel had too much respect for her he didn't even want to kiss her back everytime she initiates a kiss."

Agad akong natigilan. "So why did he think that cancer was his karma if all he did was protect her and respect her?" I said, and confusion crossed my face.

"Siguro dahil naiinis siya sa sarili niya, for not telling Dest about everything," kibit-balikat niyang sabi saka niya inilapag 'yong baso sa lababo.

"But why does it look like he's blaming Dest for all this?" tanong ko pa ulit.

"Because he's Helix."

"And what does that mean?"

"Helix doesn't say what he truly feels. He's just bottling it all up. He loves blaming other people despite knowing the truth. Helix being Helix."

He marched towards me and gave me a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Be good to Hel, alright?" nakangiting sabi niya. "Good night, princess," he added before going upstairs.

***

"WHERE have you been?" tanong ko kay Kath.

She didn't even attend Pauline's funeral. I was waiting for her to show up that day, pero hindi siya dumating.

"How's Hel holding up?" She changed the subject. Great. She's hiding something from me. Kilala ko si Kath kapag may ayaw siyang sabihin sa 'kin o kapag may ayaw siyang malaman ko. She can't fool me. I'm her best friend.

"I don't know. He's not talking to me," I said, crossing my legs while Mr. Dacota was discussing in front.

"You guys fought again? Umay, ha."

Agad ko siyang inirapan.

"I'm just . . . really not in the mood to talk about him right now. I still have a lot of things to accomplish this week. I have to go with dad to Realgorez. He said he needed a date for the event. It's actually work-related, and I told him to bring anyone with him but not me. He should date again, you know. He deserves to have fun. But he's not just interested in dating. He says he wants to bring his beautiful daughter with him, and that's definitely me," dere-deretso kong sabi.

"Oh my God. You're going to Realgorez? Can I go too? I really want to go there!"

I rolled my eyes. Her ex, Jake, lives in Realgorez. Online sila nagkakilala tapos online din sila nag-break. Until now, she still hasn't met him in person.

"Fine. But you need to bring a date with you," I said, resting my chin over my hand.

Her lips curved into a smile, and then she lifted her brows up and down. "Maybe I should bring Helix?"

I let out a small laugh. "What are you planning, huh?"

"Nothing. I just want you to have fun," she said, flashing me a wide grin.

She really is my best friend, walang duda.

~

T I A N A V I A N N E

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.7K 865 88
✨ Part of WattpadFilipino's "quick reads to satisfy your cravings" reading list - Michelle Zanea Cortez is a first year college student, studying Mar...
1.7K 237 9
Transferring to several schools because of his family's business and getting adored by random strangers for his handsome Westerner features, Jonas St...
6.5K 921 34
"I didn't choose to fall in love with you, my heart did." -Jaye (BOOK 1) Date Started: November 17, 2017 Date Finished: February 17, 2018 [Highest Ra...
916 113 41
Quincy Liliana Ramirez, i quiet, study first and an NBSB girl. her Cousin has a Crush named Tristan Dave Sandoval She met Dave in a Convenience Store...