Chikara (Divergent Fanfic)

By Kinborough

Chikara (εŠ›) is the Japanese term to describe "strength, power". This term expresses itself throughout the sto... More

Adelaide "Popper" Foster
Prologue
(Author's Note)
Chapter One- First Impression: Naive
Chapter Two- Tough Teachings
Chapter Three- Warming up
Chapter Four- Showing Vulnerability
Chapter Five- The Morning of Station Day
Chapter Six- The Afternoon of Station Day
Chapter Seven- Pulling a Few Strings
Chapter Eight- Capture the Flag and An Unfortunate Event
Chapter Nine- Last Day?
Chapter Ten- When New Fears Appear
Chapter Eleven- Explaining to Four
Chapter Twelve- Invitation
Chapter Thirteen- Disagreements and Unwanted Encounters
Chapter Fourteen- Sprouting Feelings and a Personal Mission
Chapter Fifteen- A Decision Had to Be Made
Chapter Sixteen- An Unneeded Argument and a Special Night
Chapter Seventeen- Morning Thinker
Chapter Eighteen- Vulnerable, Yet Touching Moments Are Always the Strongest
Chapter Nineteen- No Backing Out
Chapter Twenty- Reality of it All
Chapter Twenty-One- Slipping
Chapter Twenty-Two -Person of Interest
Chapter Twenty-Three -Understanding
Chapter Twenty-Four- Nothing With Inflection
Chapter Twenty-Five- Eric and Four's Personal War
Chapter Twenty-Six- Patches
Chapter Twenty-Seven- For the Past Few Days
Chapter Twenty-Eight- Quick Last Events
Chapter Twenty-Nine- Selfishness
Chapter Thirty- Going as Planned
Chapter Thirty-Two- It's Okay
Chapter Thirty-Three- Oh, The Irony
Epilogue
An Author's Announcement!

Chapter Thirty-One- Away We Go

175 8 0
By Kinborough

"Tobias Eaton?...Beatrice Prior. Hm, funny I put my trust in you," Jeanine said, looking between the Divergents.

A table was in between Jeanine and the accused, probably for the best. Four looked like he was about to rip her head off, while Tris stood with an angry expression. As for me, I stood by the entryway in which we came in, observing what was about to go down between the Divergents and Jeanine.

"I expected that of Tris, since her test results were all over the place. But you," she said while looking at Tobias, "I wouldn't have expected you of all people. Everything was perfect from your test results down to your achievement in being the number one initiate in your class. Now I wonder why you have this ability."

"You're supposed to be the genius, you tell me."

A small, irritated smile glowed from Jeanine's face. I had to say that it was an amusing sight to see her talked to like that.

"My prediction is that you should have stayed in Abnegation. You're a weaker Divergent."

Ouch, that must've hit him.

Turning around, she analyzed the computers behind her.

"Which is why you will be my first test subject."

"Don't you think you've done enough tests? You've already succeeded by turning all of Dauntless into your personal minions. What else is there to test?" Tris exclaimed.

Jeanine sighed, "That is where you're wrong. Sure, this experiment has exceeded my expectations, but this is greater. Something that only pertains to Divergents. and I need a Divergent to test it on. Bring Four with us, he will be a viable subject. As for Beatrice however... she is too much of a weakling to be put to use. Kill her."

"No!" Tobias said, lunging at Jeanine as Tris was taken out of the room. His large hands clasped around Jeanine's throat, his chewed nails trying to dig into her skin.

More Dauntless guards grabbed a hold of him and pried him off while he kept thrashing.

"Isn't that interesting?" Jeanine asked quietly, rubbing the red marks on her neck that started to appear.

"What?" Four asked venomously.

"That you freaked out when Tris was to be killed, but you didn't seem to mind that Adelaide betrayed you."

"I have hope that Adelaide wouldn't betray me. She isn't like that."

"I wouldn't be so sure," she said to him as they dragged him out of the room to the cars that awaited outside.

His brown eyes looked at me in desperation, asking me to put whatever it was I had in mind to action. However, I couldn't do that yet. I had to wait, and start the plan with Tris instead of him. It was the only other option.

I mouthed to him: 'Not yet.'

As Four was shoved into the car, Tris was pushed down and held at gunpoint. I joined the circle, as if I was about to do the executing. She looked at me with pleading eyes that begged for a way out.

I have Tris a smile before I took action.

I waited until the car was gone before I shot one of the Dauntless guards across from me in the arm. He screeched, dropping his own gun and holding his shoulder. The one next to me came at me immediately, trying to hit me in the head with his gun. Before he could I grabbed his wrist and twisted it, hearing a crack sound. He yelled and tried to kick me in the side, but I ducked out of the way and kicked him in the back, sending him to hit the mud beneath him. I shot him in both of his shoulders, letting him deal with agonizing pain.

While I beat the shit out of the one guy, Tris took care of the one I had shot earlier, knocking him out and taking his gun. I motioned her to follow me and ran towards the woods. What I didn't expect was to be met with a cold bullet hitting me in the shoulder.

"Gah, shit!" I sounded, clasping my shoulder immediately.

Tris looked at me worriedly, "Are you okay?"

I nodded just as we went into the forest, standing by a thick tree just on the outskirt. As I ran I shot a total of five times, the last shot giving out a thud. I turned around, realizing that I had just killed a Dauntless member.

"Thank you," Tris said breathlessly as we stood on the outskirt of the forest.

I shrugged, "I wasn't going to let you guys die."

She nodded and sighed in relief, "What do we do now?"

"I need you to get as far away as you can and help any Abnegation left and get them to Amity. We need to make sure that their safe and hidden from Jeanine. As for me, I'm gonna go to the base and find Four. I don't know what they plan on doing to him, but it's not going to be good, and I might need to tame him somehow. After I get him, we are going to shut down the program and get onto a train to Amity. Hopefully, you'll either be on the train waiting or already there."

"I want to come with you. You're injured," Tris said, studying my shoulder.

I nodded, "I know. But you're well, and I need you to ensure the safety of others."

"But-"

"Tris, I understand that you want to stick along with me. But the lives of the remaining citizens need your help. I need you to get them to safety. Please."

Tris sighed in frustration, "Alright, but be careful."

I smiled, "Go."

She ran off into an unknown direction, probably towards the city to find any known survivors. As for me, I headed east for the train.

**********

I leaned up against the silver train car as it wheeled down the track. I don't know how I got on, but I did.

It was definitely not easy. My injured arm, which happened to be left, radiated pain as I pushed the train car door open inch by inch at a time. The pain was so unbearable that I bit into my bottom lip. I knew I did when I felt a familiar iron tasting liquid leave blotches on my tongue. In the end, however, I eventually got it open and slid in quickly.

I breathed in heavily as I heard the train car roll on the tracks. The wound was now seeping blood, drenching the hole in my shirt around it. I had to come up with a makeshift patch and fast. And I had to do one thing before I did: cut the bullet out. It wasn't going to be the best feeling procedure, but it had to be done right away.

Opening my holster, I took out the silver knife Four gave me as a gift before all of this commenced. I held onto the handle tightly, my hand shaking. Breathing in deeply, I guided the knife to the back of my shoulder, pointing the tip into the exposed flesh.

1....2...3....

I plunged the knife into the wound, feeling the inner muscles and tissues separate.

I was screaming and crying as I felt the knife poking around, causing more blood to squirt out. My hand was getting sticky from the amount of blood that covered them, making the handle a part of my hand momentarily. I was finally able to get the knife under the ridge of the bullet. I lodged the tip into the side of the bullet and pushed upward in a quick motion.

I let out a painful squeal before I breathed a sigh of relief once the bullet slid out from the dermis of my skin. I dropped the knife immediately and closed my eyes, breathing in slowly and steadily. Damn that hurt.

And there the bullet laid. The copper metal stared at me, covered in a red coating. I picked the bullet up with my left hand, even though I didn't have a lot of motion left. My thumb wiped off the blood, revealing more of the color I was familiar with. After staring at for a little bit I threw it to the other side of the train car, now focusing on bandaging my wound.

First, I plugged the wound with a cotton sheet I made into a roll and taped it down with some spare electrical tape, trying to make it as stable as possible. Then, looking through my pouch, I took out a vial with a bluish liquid inside of it. It was a rejuvenating serum.Eric gave it to me while we were in the car heading to Abnegation. It was supposed to help enhance my body's responses to any wounds, making me feel better in the end, and hopefully give me some feeling in the area once again. That didn't mean it would enhance the production of blood to replace the amount I lost.

Dousing the liquid, I choked at the taste. It tasted like acetone mixed in with lemonade. A pretty disgusting combination, but if it helped, I wasn't going to complain.

Within minutes I was feeling a lot more grand then I was before. The pain I was feeling in my shoulder was becoming numb, and gave me some stimulus and response within my left arm. Even though that was all well and good, I was still woozy from the loss of blood. I couldn't let that overtake me. Because right before I knew it, I saw my stop coming up.

I dropped the vial and slowly got up, taking a stance before I took a leap of faith. I didn't have any time to waste.

So I jumped.

Surprisingly I landed smoothly, not tripping over the gravel that never agreed with me. Looking up while the sun blinded my eyes, I came face to face with a familiar friend.

The Dauntless Training Center.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

542K 12.9K 28
BOOK 2 of 2 It felt like it's been months since she last saw him. She didn't even know if he was dead or alive. And all Vanessa could only hope he wa...
10.4K 797 29
●●●●●【 T H E O T H E R P R I O R 】●●●●● Sixteen year old, Alivia Prior finally chooses her faction. But here's the news: she's Divergent, j...
91.3K 1.9K 43
Dauntless has created an image for Eric after an incident during his initiation and no one knows the real him nor do they want to know the real him...
102K 1.9K 47
A Divergent fanfic from Four's younger sister 'Sonia Eaton' POV. It is the aptitude test, Sonia is one of many 16 year olds taking the test to see w...