Ours For The Taking

By KayOhDee

Lily is 23 just graduated from college, lives with her best friend Anise and currently job hunting. She is ju... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14 (Filler)
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Thanks for Reading
Epilogue
Question

Chapter 9

146 6 0
By KayOhDee

I was driving in my car headed to my parents house for dinner. I was so afraid and anxious to give them the news. I kept thinking my father would disown me and my mother would be disappointed. I know I'm 23 have my degree, living on my own, have my own car and pay my own bills now that daddy stop paying them. But I still felt nervous to tell them. They are my family and the people I valued the most so there reactions to my news matters more than anything.

I pulled up into the driveway of my childhood home and did my best to think positively. Tonight would change my life forever and I wanted it to go the best way it could of possibly went. 

The house wasn't a huge house like what you would expect a doctor to live in. My dad always said 'what do we need a big house for its only three of us'. When my parents got married dad was still in medical school finishing up his internship and mom was a manager at a local clothing store. So the house wasn't much but as years went by we modernized it to our liking. It was best looking on the block, we had three bedroom, two bathroom, a kitchen, living room and dinning room. It wasn't much but we were comfortable.

I stood on the patio for what felt like hours before I built up the courage to knock on the door. Just as I was about to knock the door flew open and I knocked my father right in the face.

"Ow!" he groaned

"Sorry dad!" I squealed then covered my mouth with both hands.

"Trying kill you old man already?!" he teased.

"Ha ha" I said dryly and moved my head side to side.

"So how's my baby girl?" he said while pulling me into a hug.

"Awesome daddy." 

"I've missed you." he whispered and kissed my forehead.

"Missed you to daddy" I said then hugged him tighter because I knew after he knew what I was about to tell him he would be angry.

"What's wrong baby girl? " he said and step back to look at me.

"Nothing" I said and he raised and eyebrow "Honest" I said and smiled.

"Well OK. I'm headed to the store for your mother BRB" he shouted as he walked to his car.

I walked into the house and smelt my mother's pot instantly. It smelt like meatloaf and boiled broccoli. Since becoming pregnant i grew a seventh sense for identifying food. Scary, I know.

Mom was leaning against the island in the middle of the kitchen sipping in some red wine and watching the news. Mom was stood about 5'5 and had curves in all the right places. She was a knock out and dad was lucky to have her.

"Mommy" I said to capture her attention

"My baby's here" she practically shouted and beamed at me.

"I've missed you" I said laughing and hugging her tight while rocking side to side.

"I've missed my only baby to." she said beaming.

"How have you been?" I questioned.

"Better now that your here but otherwise good." she smiled

"That's good." I smiled

"Honey your glowing."

"I am?"

"Yes and your getting fat." she scolded me.

"Thanks" I said sarcastically and shrug.

"I can still beat you, you know? Woman or not your still my child. Now let me look at you." she demanded. She spun me around and held me by my shoulders staring at me.

"Ma, what are you looking for?" I asked nervously.

"Somethings different. I just can't figure it out yet." she emphasized the 'yet'. I took a deep breath and I knew she figured it out. My flat tummy was no longer flat any more it was a tad bet swollen and rounded.

"So hows business at the boutiques?" I said to change the topic. I wanted to tell her now but i was also hungry and could use some of her home cooking. So I decided to eat first then break the news.

"Great, new shipment of shoes coming in on Friday and I got some put a side for you so pass by next week for them." she said. Oh the perks of being her daughter.

"AWESOME!" I smiled.

"My two beautiful girls under one roof!" My dad said walking into the kitchen causing me and mom to flush.

"Yes daddy" I smiled and mom just kissed him.

Dinner went great we had meatloaf, mash potatoes, boiled broccoli and carrots. Dad spoke about his patients at work and some new technique there using now. Mom talked about how great her business was doing and how she's thinking about opening a new shop. I told them about my new job, my boss and co workers and how I loved it there. They asked about Shawn because I had mentioned him a few times and I told them how great he is. They cant wait to meet him and honestly I cant wait either if everything went well.

After dinner we were sitting in the backyard on the porch by mom's garden having dessert and I decided that now would be a great time to tell them.

"Mommy, Daddy. I have something to tell you and I really hope you all handle this well."

"Whats wrong sweetie?" My dad said and mom held his hand.

"Well..." I started to say but I paused and stared at them. Its now or never and never wouldn't be possible.

"Spit it out" mom said after i paused for so long

"I'm... haaving a baby?" It came out more as a question rather than a statement.

"What do you mean your having a baby?" dad said angrily while mom shook her head.

"I knew it" My mom said. "Your glowing, your fat and you ate like a horse. How far along are you?"

"Four months." I said

"Four months?" My dad said in disbelief and rage in his eyes

"Honey are you sure you and Shawn are ready for this? You told me you guys just meant."

"Well.... that's the interesting part..." I said avoiding eye contact with my dad

"He doesn't want the baby?" Mom questioned

"Its not his" i said.

"WHAT?" they both shouted and dad was particularly foaming at the mouth.

"Who's is it?" Dad said

"Please don't tell me its some random guy?" mom pleaded.

"No. Its Corey's" i said sadly

"Oh my God" mom said and walked over to hug me and dad got up and went inside.

"I'm sorry, so sorry. I didn't mean to disappoint you guys." I said and it was then that I realized I was crying. Mom was hugging me tight and wiping away my tears but they wouldn't stop falling because I knew my dad was angry with me. 

"Its ok sweetie. Your dad will get over this I will make sure of it." she said while trying to comfort me.

My mom and I sat on the porch awhile longer talking about my pregnancy, Corey and Shawn. She told me that it was all going to work out. When we were done talking I decided it was time for me to go. My dad was sitting in the front of the television watching a basketball and I kissed his cheek and told him bye but he ignored me and finish watch the game. I turned to look at my mother and she smiled sadly.

"He'll forgive you baby." she said and kissed my cheek then I climb into my car.

"I hope so, Love you" I said then pulled off as she walked back into the house.

I knew my dad wasn't going to forgive me easily but mom said to give him time. I cried my eyes out on my drive home. I didn't like knowing my daddy wouldn't talk to me. I was always a daddy's girl and got whatever from him so it's going to be tough to live knowing he's mad at me.

When I reached home I put on my pajamas, picked out my outfit for work in the morning and then decided to text Shawn. It was then that I realized I haven't heard from him all day.

*Haven't heard from you all day. I hope all is well*

I typed quickly then stared at the television mindlessly thinking about the day I had. Anise was at Ryan's tonight so I had no one to vent to. My phone began to ring and I look at the caller ID and it said Bestie.

"Hey nise, whats up?" I said and I heard he screaming and my heart lurched out my chest.

"You won't belive it!" she shouted excitedly

"What happened?" I asked trying to breathe to slow down my heart rate.

"I'M ENGAGED!" she shouted in my ear.

"Oh My God! Oh My God!" I shouted

"I know right!" then she screamed again and I was screaming to.

"Congrats babe!"

"Thanks! Now I gatta call ma and pa. I'm SO EXCITED LIL!"

"I know hun' I am to" Then we hung up. I'm so excited for my best friend and Ryan.

I laid down smiling in glee I was so happy for my best friends. Then I got sad because that would mean after their married I would be alone in this house with no Anise. I know the baby's on its way but I was looking forward to having its godparents under the same roof as us. I guess I have to get use to doing things on my own.

While I was all in my feelings about being alone I realize Shawn didn't reply to my text or called me at all and that was odd of him. I really hope he's not backing out. I was prepared for the worst but still prayed for the best. Well here goes the worst night ever no Shawn and now I have daddy issues. I guess I better get use to it just being me and my baby. 

"Were going to make it little one. Mommy loves you." I whispered to my stomach while rubbing it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 36.1K 42
#1 in Teen Fiction - 26.03.2020 #10 in Romance - 04.10.2020 #1 in Unrequited - 21.02.2020 #1 in LoveTriangle - 01.01.2020 # 14 in Angst - 20.20.2020 ...
8.1K 1.1K 35
***FEATURED NA ROMANCE*** What happens if your fiction comes true? Eva considers herself realistic person rather than romantic. Her best friend insi...
2.2M 45.3K 28
How far would you go to protect the ones you love? A successful architect with a promising career in London, Brian's world spins out of control when...
353K 8.1K 28
"Why do you care if I kiss other girls? We're not together, we're friends" he stated swallowing his emotions. "You're right, why should I care? Like...