Michael Jackson Facts

By RedBird13

There are dozens of Fact Books on Wattpad. Do we really need another one? Yes, we do. Because this one is d... More

Introduction
Michael's Telephone Number
You Are Not Alone
Smooth Criminal Heartbeat
12 inch
HIStory Tour Tickets for $15
Liberian Girl and Billie Jean

Virginity

11.4K 77 75
By RedBird13

"Michael Jackson lost is virginity, when he was 19."

True?

A woman called Theresa J. Gonsalves wrote a book claiming that Michael Jackson lost his virginity to her, when he was 19. You can find her account all over the internet.

However, that's fiction. And the fact that she claims it's true, makes it a blunt lie. And it can be proved.

Ms. Gonsalves isn't the brightest person to ever have walked the earth. Well, when being an adult woman you feel the need to invent a sexual encounter with a diseased star... What kind of person would you expect to do something like that? Can you imagine your mother doing that? I can't. So there.

Michael Jackson was still a virgin by 1992, when he was 33 years old. We have his word for it, not in an official statement, but in a private conversation - a conversation that should have stayed private. But someone put a bug into the receiver. And so we have his voice on tape.

Frankly, I hated doing this one! I've rewritten it three or four times. It's not sad, it's depressing. Down right. There's so much betrayal in it. No matter which way you look at it, Michael Jackson stays betrayed. To record private conversations, when the speaker is vulnerable, but feels safe with their friend... Okay, there were reasons, and I understand them, but that doesn't justify selling those tapes. So you have your confirmation, so you were wrong, now throw them away so nobody can get their hands on them!

And Gonsalves? She did know MJ, when he was a teenager. And now that he's gone, she's making money out of his dead skin - and out of his fans, too. I can't bear her getting away with this!

Let's get it over with...

In the late 1980ies, MJ befriended a family called Stein; a mother, a father and two children. Michael Jackson would have endless telephone conversations with them, particularly with the mother of that family, Glenda Stein. So much so, that at some point the whole arrangement started to smell fishy to Mr. Stein. He thought his wife was having an affair with MJ, and so he hired a private detective to monitor and record their telephone conversations. And the detective did. That was sometime in the very late 1980ies and early 1990ies.

However, there was nothing going on between Glenda and Michael Jackson. They were simply two people having an extended chat, leaving Mr. Stein with about 8 hours of tape (and the detective's bill).  

Prosecution showed little interest in the tapes. (Neither in the first nor in the second child abuse affair.) It was just private chatter, such as Michael Jackson's report of being asked by a British waiter, if he wanted a spotted dick. (That's a pudding, people, a pie served with custard. And he did not. Given the name, you can't blame that American guy. ;) It makes me laugh every time I think about it. I imagine a penguin-dressed waiter asking him politely, if he would like a piece of cake, and he's struggling hard to prevent his lower jaw from dropping onto the table top! And the thought that must have gone through his head!!! XD)

Finally, the tapes were sold (allegedly by Stein's son, Damion) to a man called David Hans Schmidt, a journalist, who, being unable to sell them on, ended up publishing them piece by piece on his website www.hansnews.com That was in 2005. Schmidt made 3 out of six parts of the tapes public - then he apparently died unexpectedly, and his website became one of those billions of abandoned websites out on the internet. And it's still there today, unchanged. Still it seems that a large part of the tapes made it onto the internet, whether by way of the Steins (Damion?) making them public, or by way of someone hacking Schmidt's website and server in the past 10 years, I don't know. 

Frankly, I haven't listened to those tapes. They are old, and therefore full of static noise and hard to understand. And I feel uncomfortable listening to their private conversations for more than a few moments. Everybody has a right to some privacy. But my friend @AvaMJJ44 did listen to them. She didn't do so out of bad intentions. She was hoping to find out that MJ had been happy at some point in his life. She said, it would make it easier for her to deal with the fact that he died at a fairly young age. Personally, I don't think the tapes helped with that...

My friend gave me two parts to listen to. One was the part about the spotted dick, which she, being British herself, found hilarious, and the other was MJ talking about a woman. That was in June, 1992. Parts of that conversation are up there on the photo.

A name that's mentioned is 'Melissa', but all comments on the net, who she might be, are nothing but wild guesses. There are way to few details for us to track her down. Nor can we put a last name or a face on a woman, whom MJ calls 'Kathy', and who betrayed him, as he says. Anyway, there seems to be a woman, and he seems to like her, too. Apparently, they have been on a date (lunch). And now he's debating - I think you can say that, though he's largely debating with himself, not with Glenda  - if he should 'be with her'. And then he decides that he's 'gonna be with her'. (We don't know, if he pulled through with the plan of being with that woman.)

His motives aren't very romantic, though. He says that he doesn't want to die without having had a relationship like everybody else. That he has never experienced being totally accepted by someone. And when Glenda says, that that is hard to find, he says that he doesn't have time to wait. Glenda says, that he's only pushing 34. He says, yes, and he's never had that kind of relationship. He says that he's been involved with women, but that they 'never did anything', that they 'never really had sex'.

And that's a quote.

While official statements are always questionable, Michael Jackson had no reason to lie to Glenda on the phone. He brought the topic up himself because it was apparently heavy on his heart. There was no-one else around. No-one was ever supposed to hear him say that, but Glenda.

It has been argued that the Glenda Tapes might be fake. The question must be asked. There's a killing argument against that, though: If anyone were to go to the trouble of faking tapes, wouldn't they fake something that sells? Wouldn't they fake something with a content? A relevant content? Something explicit? Even if the tapes were faked in favour of MJ, wouldn't they contain something that would rid him of the child abuse allegations? I'm sure they would. Otherwise, why go to the trouble of making them?

We don't know, if Michael Jackson knew the tapes existed, though I'm pretty sure he must have known at some point. At any rate, nobody, neither him not the Steins have ever claimed the tapes to be a fake. Nobody in their surrounding ever has, actually. And given the things Michael Jackson said about his father and his brothers, there are plenty of people around who should a vivid interest in that.

And at this point we can do away with Ms. Gonsalves. Her account about Michael Jackson losing his virginity at 19 can't not true, because if it were, he wouldn't have talked to Genda the way he did, 14 years later. Gonsalves either didn't know the tape existed, or she didn't care, because she assumed that there would be enough people not knowing the tapes for her tell sell her story, anyway. Sadly, she was right about that.

Two more things before I go:

First, David Hans Schmidt has claimed that the tapes proved Michael Jackson was innocent. Well, that's a very long shot. After all, you wouldn't expect a pe*dophile to admit his interests to the mother of a boy he surrounds himself with. So objectively speaking, I don't think you can argue that, as nice as it would have been. 

Second, those conversations tell some horrible stories. I read through maybe 1/3 of the transcripts looking for the passages up in the photo, and I still felt depressed the next day. Michael Jackson speaks of abuse. Of how his father almost broke his arm, when he was a boy, or how he 'knocked the wind out of' him. In case you don't know what that means, it means his father hit him in the stomach right below the ribcage. The impact empties your lungs, and the shock on the muscles in charge of breathing, prevents you from inhaling for a couple of seconds. And seconds are very long, when your lungs are empty. You're panicking. You think you're dying. He was a little boy, and he was on the ground in their living room and could not breath because of how the father beat him for a mistake he had made. He talks about how his brothers would mistreat young girls, have sex with them and leave them in tears. How he tried to stop them from going with his brothers, plead with them, but they would still go, and he'd find them crying, afterwards. How he was too ashamed to even tell his mother. How his father would have sex with some women in the next room. How during BAD he was still struggling with the anorexia he developed as a boy. How he was hiding his eyes from the world, so they couldn't see his soul...

Some of you, I know, will go after those tapes right away. A word of warning. You can't un-hear things you've heard, and some things are hard to forget. I read a part of the transcripts, and I don't think I ever want to read, let alone hear, the rest of them. What I read is heavy on my heart, although I'm an adult. Because nobody could help him. If you still want the tapes, go ahead. http://rhythmofthetide.com has them all, plus the transcripts you'll need to understand them.

With love, Birdie <33 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.3K 1.7K 27
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...
208K 1.1K 33
This is a mix of different animes that have smut in them
172K 3.9K 53
❝ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. ❞ kate martin x fem! oc
237K 7.5K 169
What if a Pokémon Trainer found herself in the world of One Piece? What if she found herself with the Strawhat Pirates? What if she finds herself get...