Virginity

"Michael Jackson lost is virginity, when he was 19."

True?

A woman called Theresa J. Gonsalves wrote a book claiming that Michael Jackson lost his virginity to her, when he was 19. You can find her account all over the internet.

However, that's fiction. And the fact that she claims it's true, makes it a blunt lie. And it can be proved.

Ms. Gonsalves isn't the brightest person to ever have walked the earth. Well, when being an adult woman you feel the need to invent a sexual encounter with a diseased star... What kind of person would you expect to do something like that? Can you imagine your mother doing that? I can't. So there.

Michael Jackson was still a virgin by 1992, when he was 33 years old. We have his word for it, not in an official statement, but in a private conversation - a conversation that should have stayed private. But someone put a bug into the receiver. And so we have his voice on tape.

Frankly, I hated doing this one! I've rewritten it three or four times. It's not sad, it's depressing. Down right. There's so much betrayal in it. No matter which way you look at it, Michael Jackson stays betrayed. To record private conversations, when the speaker is vulnerable, but feels safe with their friend... Okay, there were reasons, and I understand them, but that doesn't justify selling those tapes. So you have your confirmation, so you were wrong, now throw them away so nobody can get their hands on them!

And Gonsalves? She did know MJ, when he was a teenager. And now that he's gone, she's making money out of his dead skin - and out of his fans, too. I can't bear her getting away with this!

Let's get it over with...

In the late 1980ies, MJ befriended a family called Stein; a mother, a father and two children. Michael Jackson would have endless telephone conversations with them, particularly with the mother of that family, Glenda Stein. So much so, that at some point the whole arrangement started to smell fishy to Mr. Stein. He thought his wife was having an affair with MJ, and so he hired a private detective to monitor and record their telephone conversations. And the detective did. That was sometime in the very late 1980ies and early 1990ies.

However, there was nothing going on between Glenda and Michael Jackson. They were simply two people having an extended chat, leaving Mr. Stein with about 8 hours of tape (and the detective's bill).  

Prosecution showed little interest in the tapes. (Neither in the first nor in the second child abuse affair.) It was just private chatter, such as Michael Jackson's report of being asked by a British waiter, if he wanted a spotted dick. (That's a pudding, people, a pie served with custard. And he did not. Given the name, you can't blame that American guy. ;) It makes me laugh every time I think about it. I imagine a penguin-dressed waiter asking him politely, if he would like a piece of cake, and he's struggling hard to prevent his lower jaw from dropping onto the table top! And the thought that must have gone through his head!!! XD)

Finally, the tapes were sold (allegedly by Stein's son, Damion) to a man called David Hans Schmidt, a journalist, who, being unable to sell them on, ended up publishing them piece by piece on his website www.hansnews.com That was in 2005. Schmidt made 3 out of six parts of the tapes public - then he apparently died unexpectedly, and his website became one of those billions of abandoned websites out on the internet. And it's still there today, unchanged. Still it seems that a large part of the tapes made it onto the internet, whether by way of the Steins (Damion?) making them public, or by way of someone hacking Schmidt's website and server in the past 10 years, I don't know. 

Frankly, I haven't listened to those tapes. They are old, and therefore full of static noise and hard to understand. And I feel uncomfortable listening to their private conversations for more than a few moments. Everybody has a right to some privacy. But my friend @AvaMJJ44 did listen to them. She didn't do so out of bad intentions. She was hoping to find out that MJ had been happy at some point in his life. She said, it would make it easier for her to deal with the fact that he died at a fairly young age. Personally, I don't think the tapes helped with that...