Capturing the Heart [a pokemo...

By ZanaBean

Ash has been captured. Captured by Giovanni. Ash had come so close to taking team rocket down, one more base... More

1) Caught by a Mob Boss
2) The Question
3) Nightmares
4) The Escape Plan
5) A Victory of a Different Kind
6) Therapy
7) Full House [Part 1]
8) Full House [part 2]
9) Escape and Other Mythical Things
11) Wake Up
12) Work
13) "I'll Call the Police"
14) Pallet Town and Trouble
15) You're Still an Ass
16) Recovery
17) Sleep
18) Visitor Rights
19) Goodbye Pallet
20) Checklist
Sorry

10) Hide and Seek

1.3K 35 9
By ZanaBean

 Ash sighed as he stared up at the ceiling. Pikachu sighed as he stared at the wall.

   Giovanni had sent an aid to tell Ash that he wouldn't be coming today and JJM had been sent off to go catch a new batch of Rattata. That meant to visitors and nothing to do today. Ash shifted to a more comfortable position, then he decided that the first position was comfier, then he couldn't remember the first position.

   Ash growled at his own incompetence as Pikachu watched his trainer. Ash finally settled on an akward but surprisingly comfortable position, Pikachu climbed on top of Ash simple so the trainer would feel obliged to not move.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

   Ash woke up with his limbs stretched over the bed and Pikachu nowhere to be seen. He closed his eyes intent to go back to sleep when a small click resonded from the door. Ash didn't move as the door opened slightly and closed again when someone had entered. Ash had his eyes mostly closed as he peeked out from under his eyelids, the person who had entered appeared to be to short and just out of his line of sight. Whoever it was quickly flicked the lights off and scrambled over to the bed. Ash stayed stock still as the person climbed onto the bed and crawled over him to huddle under the blankets on the side farthest from the door.

   For some reason Ash found himself wondering if it was Giovanni, he quickly dismissed the thought. He waited a second more before springing. Ash quickly rolled over trapping the person's arms and legs with his own as he held him down. A small squeak of fright escaped his victim.

   Wait, what. A... squeak?

   Ash found himself staring at a small red-headed boy, he couldn't have been more than seven or eight. The child looked surprised, frightened, and guilty. He struggled against Ash "augh, sorry, I didn't mean for you to wake up, please don't hurt me".

   "Woah, woah" Ash said getting off the kid "calm down, you startled me too". The kid stopped blabbering as Ash spoke. "Now" he said "how did you get in here, and what are you doing in here".

   The boy smiled "I'm playing hide and seek with mom and I managed to get Mr. Rocketo to give me the key, it's the only one to this room". He produced a key card from his pocket with a proud grin.

   Ash stared at it, this kid had managed to get a crime boss to just give him a key. Ash switched his gaze to the child. He reminded Ash of someone he knew. Just then a voice was heard out in the hall, the child's smile vanished to be replaced by a frown, Ash had it. The kid looked like Silver only with different eyes and clothing style. Ash opened his mouth to ask a question when the kid threw the blankets back over himself. The voice came again from the hall a bit closer "you can't hide from me boy, my Arbok has the best nose in the building".

   Ash looked at the lump in his blankets then at the door. He quickly made up his mind and positioned himself in front of the cotton covered mound. He only just managed to look comfortable before the door opened. Ariana stood there one hand on her hip the other on the door handle an Arbok could be seen close behind her. She said nothing as she surveyed the room almost instantly noticing the lump behind Ash. Her eye's flickered to his "you haven't, perchance, seen a small redhead recently have you". Her question was coated with sarcasm that was just thin enough a child wouldn't notice it. 

   Ash shook his head "nope, no one like that in here". A small giggle sounded from behind him and Ash felt a grin start to creep over his own face.

   Ariana smirked "ok, looks like I'll have to check somewhere else". She stepped further into the room silently and closed the door behind her, she quietly and quickly made her way to the foot of the bed and crouched down.

   Ash tapped the blanket "she's gone". A grinning face popped out of the blanket and the boy crawled out soon after.

   Just as the kid opened his mouth to speak Ariana popped up with an evil laugh. "AUGH" he screamed diving behind Ash and holding on for dear life. Ash himself jumped a little at the unexpected move. Arianne grinned at the terrified kid behind Ash "I win".

   The kid let go of Ash a glared at him "you said she was gone". 

   Ash shrugged under the accusing gaze "oops guess she slipped by me". Ariana cackled while her son pouted.

   Ariana stood up fully and held her hand out to her son "come on Rick time to get ready for bed".

   The newly appointed Rick shook his head "no please just a bit more, I wanna play with him". As he finished his sentence he draped himself across Ash's shoulders and poked him in the cheek. Ariana gave him The Look, that look that all mothers perfect and all children ignor. True enough Rick ignored it and wrapped himself tighter around Ash.

   Ash pulled at one of Rick's arms, both were wrapped very tightly around his neck "hey buddy, it kind of helps to breathe" he choked out. Rick released his neck and Ariana seized her chance. She instantly swept Rick up into her arms and threw him over her shoulder "come on little mister it's time for bed, you have trainers school in the morning".

   "But mom" Rick said dragging out the 'mom' "I don't wanna be a trainer, me and Oddish are gonna be rangers".

   Ariana returned her Arbok who had been peeking into the room "well first you need to be a good trainer then you can ask a ranger to take you as an apprentice".

   Rick sighed "but that'll take forever, can't you ask them".

   "No" came the humored reply "now tell the nice prisoner you're sorry". She turned so that Rick was facing Ash.

   "Sorry for waking you up" he said "and scaring you, and maybe getting you into trouble, I don't know, everything seems to get me into trouble so maybe this'll get you into trouble too. What's your name"?

   It took Ash a second to register the question "um, Ash".

   Rick's eyes widened "oh, you're that prisoner, did you really beat mom in a battle-"

   Ariana spun around again and cut her son off "thanks for your help, goodnight". She walked out the door with Rick waving goodnight from her shoulder.

   Ash waved goodbye as the door shut behind them. He was left in almost complete darkness as he spread himself out on the bed. as he was shifting his head he suddenly he something hard touch his ear. He reached a hand up and grasped the object. It was flat and rectangular and small, it sounded like plastic when Ash tapped it. He gasped and sat up, this had to be the key card. rick must have dropped it when he was hiding. Ash turned it in his hand thinking of the ways he could use this. suddenly light flooded the room as the door opened yet again. Ash shoved the card under the blanket as he blinked under the harsh light. The door closed again obscuring the figure.

   Feet tapped against the floor as Ash tried his hardest to see the person. "What are you doing with that" the figure appeared in front of him a hand grasping his own and the key card. Ash released it letting the now identified person take it. Giovanni sat at the edge of the bed as Ash's eyes adjusted to the room again. Giovanni sat studying the card with a sleeping Pikachu in his arms and an altogether to awake Persian at his feet. Giovanni held up the card "seriously, where did you get this, please don't tell me you stole from the kid".

   Ash shook his head "of course I didn't, he dropped it". Ash trailed off as he glanced at Pikachu "what are you doing with him".

   Giovanni glanced at Pikachu and laid him gently on the bed "I found these two curled up on the couch, figured you would like your Rattata back".

   "Pikachu is not a Rattata" Ash growled gathering the electric mouse in his arms "besides how did he get out".

   Giovanni shrugged and propped his chin in one hand and his elbow on his knee, his free hand scratched Persian on the head. Ash picked at his bandage and wondered why Giovanni wasn't leaving. Giovanni seemed to zone out a bit, chewing on his lip and staring at the wall without seeing it, he also looked a little tired. Ash waved his hand in front of Giovanni's face. He jumped back slightly and his hand pulled away from Persian as his eyes flicked over to Ash. "What" he asked slightly confused.

   "You're zoning out and you look like you could really use some sleep" Ash said folding his arms and looking at Giovanni with his brows raised obviously waiting on an explanation.

   Giovanni rubbed his face with a hand "yeah well I feel like I could really use some sleep". He looked over and noticed Ash's pointed look and sighed "why do you want to know so bad".

   "Why did you want to know what kept me up the first week" countered Ash.

   Giovanni looked away "something tells me we don't have the same reasons". Persian grumbled and jumped on to the bed settling himself around the still sleeping Pikachu.

   Ash pointed at Persian "I think he wants you to tell me".

   Giovanni shook his head "nope, if he wanted that he would have his claws buried an inch into my leg and be hissing in my face". He turned to Ash "trust me we'll both know when he wants me to tell you something".

   Ash stared at Giovanni "he really does that".

   Giovanni nodded solemnly "every time".

   Ash shook his head "wow, and I thought Pikachu was bad". The two sat in comfortable silence a few more minutes before Ash turned to Giovanni again. "If you're not going to go to bed at least lay down here for a few minutes or something" he said gesturing at the bed they sat on. 

   Giovanni glanced at the bed without a word, he seemed to be considering it. He glanced at the door and then to Ash "I don't know, really I should just go back to my room".

   "But" Ash finished for him "that's a lot farther away than this bed".

   Giovanni gave a sheepish smile "yeah". He glanced at the bed again.

   Ash rolled his eyes and gave Giovanni a push. Giovanni allowed himself to fall sideways onto the mattress. He rolled onto his back as Ash lay down beside him. "There that wasn't such a hard decision now was it" he said settling himself so he didn't crush either of the pokemon or Giovanni.

   Giovanni simply grunted an unintelligible reply and let his eyes drift closed. Ash shivered slightly, they were both laying on the blankets and underground could be a very cold place. Suddenly an arm slipped around him and pulled him toward Giovanni. "Cold" came the sleepy question.

   Ash's face grew slightly warm "of course it's freezing down here". He wrapped his arms around himself as he rested his head on Giovanni's arm.

   "Yeah, maybe I'll send more blankets down" Giovanni said absentmindedly. His thumb stroked back and forth on Ash's exposed arm. Warmth slowly spread through Ash's limbs and he relaxed getting slowly more tired. He drifted off to sleep without even relizing that Giovanni's thumb had stopped.

AN

OMG my insparation came back. How, i don't know, when, I can't remeber, why, well for all of you. I was originally going to have it be Silver and Giovanni but I need Silver to be older in later chapters so I changed it. Giovanni being his dad will also be explained later so just wait. It's so nice having it going again I'll call you guys up next time I need help. So read, comment, play hide and seek, you know what I mean. *hides away* Bye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15K 282 13
This is the updated version! Trigger warning for certain words, but I'm not planning on have a darker tone for this story! Just a lot of moments of n...
37.3K 832 26
Gou realises that he's in love with Ash. He doesn't know when or how it happened but it's now causing him distress. He doesn't want to feel this way...
39.5K 1.3K 15
Cover made by me. Story takes places after Ash get in Master Class After defeating Raihan and making place in Master Class. Ash comes home and sleep...
315 9 5
Now that Ash is out of college, he decides to move into a flat with his boyfriend Goh, his best friend Dawn, and her girlfriend Chloe. This is the st...