My Best Friend

By PrettyLittleTroian_

Sam and Grace have been best friends for all of their years of high school, and have been there for each othe... More

(2) Current Life
(3) The Girl
(4) Theatre Troubles
(5) What She'd Done
(6) What Now...
(7) Heartbreaking Hell
(8) What you've all waited so patiently for...

(1) Last Year

342 6 2
By PrettyLittleTroian_

Welcome to my story! Before we get started I'd just like to say that my blog is PrettyLittleTroian.blogspot.co.uk, if you're wanting previews of new chapters, exclusive information, and to learn more about me. Thank you all!

Chapter 1

1 year ago

"Morning babe," I hear faintly from behind me.

I flip over and see the beautiful blue eyes of my girlfriend staring back at me, a great big smile in them.

"Hi baby...Happy Birthday" I grin and blink a couple of times to moisten my eyes.

Eve giggles a little, then leans over and kisses my lips.

"Breakfast in bed for me baby?" Eve asks me, grinning.

It was my girlfriend's 22nd birthday today, and she was throwing a massive party tonight for it. Me and my best friends, Sarah and Sam, tried to organise a surprise party for her, but she found out because Sam left the list of decorations on our dining room table...

"I was thinking of something a little more special for your birthday Eve, rather than just our usual that we do every year..." I say, as the past 4 years we've been together we have had breakfast in bed for Eve and I's birthdays.

"Ooh..." Eve says, biting her lip and then rolling out of bed.

We make our way down to our kitchen, hand in hand.

"What's your plan then?" Eve winks at me, smiling and sitting on the bunker.

"You'll see..." I grin, walking over to her and leaning on the counter where she is, pressing my hands on her hips. I lean up to her sitting there and plant my lips on hers for a few seconds, before pulling away and smiling contently.

For breakfast, I make Eve waffles with chocolate chips and Nutella, as well as some crumbled up Oreos sprinkled on top.

"Grace!" Eve squeals when she sees what I've made, grinning at me and going over to the oak dining table.

"It's your birthday and I wanted to do something special, so I made you your favourite." I tell her and she smiles again, taking her seat.

"Thank you Grace, seriously, this is amazing." She says, as I take my seat opposite my girlfriend.

"I love you" I tell her, grinning again.

"I love you too babes" Eve says, then takes her knife and fork and starts on her waffle.

The party was planned for 6pm, so at around 4:30 pm our best friends arrive at the venue to start helping out with the party.

The party is being held in Sarah's house, as she lives in a house so big it could probably be classed as a mansion.

The 'mansion' was soon decorated with banners and streamers, as well as a couple hundred helium balloons which are now lingering on the ceiling. The cake had arrived, which has a photo of Eve when she was 3 years old printed onto it.

"This place looks great guys" I say as Sarah and I tie up the last banner outside the house, reading "Happy Birthday Eve!"

"Yeah it does. Wow." Sam, my best friend, says.

"Eve's going to love it." I say, smiling at our work.

The plan was that Eve would come in at 6, as she already knew about the party, we still wanted there to be some aspect of surprise, which was the decorations (and the cake, which Sarah ordered).

I went home just before 6 to change into my party outfit. It included a dark blue dress with a skater skirt, and a gap in the middle just under my small cleavage. The back was a cross thick strap and it attached itself just at my hips. The skirt finished just above my knees. The top was sequined at my neck line, as well as at my waist line.

I put my brown-ombred-blonde hair in curls and pinned a few pieces back, so it was out of my face. My makeup was done using my Naked Smokey palette by Urban Decay. I used the darker blues in my crease and the creamy colours on my lid, blending them together to make it look more presentable. My shoes were silver flats, as I was never one for heels.

When I was done I went to find my girlfriend. She was standing in the living room applying red lip stick.

"Eve?" I ask, "Ready to go?"

Eve turns around, taking my breath away. Her dress was off white, with golden and silver gems lining the top, which had a split between her boobs and connected at the top and underneath. The pencil skirt was also cream but with no decoration, and went down to her knees.

"Wow." I breathe, and Eve grins and moves her hands over her body like she's nervous about it.

"It's not too much, is it?" She sighs, and I giggle.

"No Eve, it's perfect for you. You look... Perfect." I say, losing my concentration and staring at my really hot girlfriend.

"Thank you Grace... You look hot..." Eve says, walking over and kissing me.

We arrived at the party just after 6, being 'fashionably late'. As soon as we went in, Eve was bombarded by people wishing her happy birthday and giving her gifts.

I didn't want to get in the way, so I went away and greeted some of her closer friends.

"Hey Grace!" I hear as I'm walking up to a group of girls from high school.

I spin around quickly to see Lucy, one of Eve's (and my) best friends.

"Hey!" I say, embracing her quickly.

"Have you seen Sarah? I can't seem to find her?" Lucy says, her green eyes looking around the room.

"Uh..." I start looking around too, spotting her and Sam chatting at the bar at the far end of the room. "Over there!"

I walk over with Lucy to the bar, and put my hands over my best friend's eyes as I arrive.

"Guess who?" I say in a deep voice, looking over at Lucy and Sarah who have just started talking.

"Hmm..." he says, "Taylor Swift?"

I giggle and remove my hands, moving around and revealing myself to him. "No silly! It's me! Grace!" I say, then laugh and sit on the bar stool next to him.

His eyes hover over my body before staring back up at my face. "Nice dress." He says simply, flashing a smile.

"Thank you, You're not too shabby yourself" I say then grin, looking over his outfit of a fancy but casual blue shirt and black skinny jeans, with black leather shoes.

"Why thank you. Sarah picked it..." He says, looking over to his girlfriend.

Sarah hears then smiles and says, "It makes you look super-hot..." then bites her lip.

I giggle at the two as Sam blushes and turns his attention back to me, as Sarah does the same to Lucy.

We order drinks and begin to talk about Eve's birthday party, and how awesome Sarah's house was. Sam didn't live there, as they hadn't been dating for very long. Eve has probably spoken to everyone at the party by now, and she was also pretty tipsy... okay, understatement of the year right there.

"Heeeyyy Graceeeee!" Eve says, coming over to me as I am sitting on the giant mansion stair case with Sam , talking about how much I'd rather be watching Netflix.

"Hello..." I say wearily as Eve falls onto the step beside me, hugging me.

"How are you?!" She asks then burps, giggling afterwards.

"I'm okay... how abouut you?" I ask awkwardly and hug her as she is pretty much lying on my lap.

"I'm tirrrreeddd." She says, closing her eyes. "Bed?" She says, patting my thighs.

"No Eve, that's not a bed." Sam says, but I'm pretty sure Eve is already passed out.

I check the time on my phone, which reads 23:03, meaning it was getting pretty late anyway.

"Maybe I'll put Eve to bed." I say, as she is passed out on my legs.

"Do you want help?" Sam asks, and smiles at me.

Together, we haul the small girl up the rest of the stairs and into one of the bedrooms. It looks like Sarah's room, as there are many paintings on the walls of Audrey Hepburn and other famous actresses.

"Is this Sarah's room?" I ask Sam, as he's bound to know.

"I'm guessing so because of-,"

"You're guessing so?" I interrupt him and he instantly blushes.

"Yeah, I've never been in her room before." He says as we put Eve down on the bed gently.

"Oh... Sorry for presuming you had." I apologise awkwardly, but he just laughs.

"It's fine, I understand. It's because I'm so hot and you're confused why I haven't had sex with Sarah yet?" He says then grins, biting his lip trying to be sexy.

"Yeah... that's why..." I say and laugh, and he laughs too.

We leave Eve sleeping soundly on the bed and close the door, dimming the lights to being almost off.

"What now?" I ask, looking downstairs at the party which is still as full of life as ever.

He just grins at me, then looks ahead into the looming upstairs corridors of Sarah's house.

We ran around that house for over 30 minutes, looking in each room and admiring everything. I felt like I was snooping in Sarah's house, but she was Eve's high school best friend, so it shouldn't even be that big of a deal. Sam tried on everything from rings, to bracelets to flower crowns...

I took photos of him in them, looking as fabulous as ever!

When we were done, we decided we should go and check in on Eve, seeing if she's any more sober than before.

I open the door handle slightly to hear slight noises, and reach around the door to turn the light's brightness up.

I regret it instantly. There, in front of my own eyes, was my semi-naked girlfriend on top of a semi-naked Sarah. When they see me they pull the duvet over themselves, but I slam the door shut.

My eyes instantly fill with tears, and I look up at my best friend's eyes, which are doing exactly the same as mine.

I start to cry after a second, running downstairs and straight out of the front door of the party, not even picking up my bag or anything.

I run to my car and start the engine, crying as I fumble with my keys.

I reach my house within minutes as I was most likely over the speed limit for the entire journey, and I unlock my door really quickly. I don't bother to turn on the hallway light and I fall down against the door, crying my eyes out.

It's only seconds after I've sat down that my doorbell rings.

"Go away Eve!" I scream out of automacy, although there is no way that Eve could have gotten here that drunk.

"It's not Eve." My best friend's humble voice sounds through the door. "It's Sam. Open up."

I stand up reluctantly and open the door slowly. "Hi," I sob, and he steps inside with my hand bag and my jacket.

"You left these at the party." He says, placing them in my hands then turning on my hallway light. His eyes still gleam with tears.

My makeup was clearly under my eyes, as he quickly reaches a hand to my face and wipes away my smudged eyes. His finger has the black of my mixed up eyeshadow when he removes it.

"Thank you." I say, letting another tear fall.

"You don't have to thank me." He says then hugs me, "That's what best friends are for."

"Yeah." I grin then pull away.

"Now, we should probably close the door..." He smiles and then turns and encloses us from the bitter outside world.

We spend the remainder of the night watching trashy TV and drinking hot chocolate, cuddled up with a blanket each on my sofa. I slowly started to fall asleep, but he kept nudging my arm until I couldn't take being awake anymore and said I should go to bed.

I told him he could go to into our spare room if he wanted, but we decided we needed each other tonight, so we would half a 'sleepover' like old times back in highschool. He's always known about my sexuality, and was my best friend when my girl-friends weren't, and it's not like he's attracted to me anyway.

It was highly unlikely that Eve was going to come home tonight anyway.

I got changed into my pjs in the bathroom before giving Sam one last goodnight hug, and he was already tearing up again.

"I hope that one day we can get into a relationship that we can keep. Forever and ever." I say, and he nods from his side of the bed.

"Definitely." He starts, "You deserve the best, Grace. Not Eve."

I feel the tears returning. "Thank you," I say, feeling very upset knowing that it has now ended. "You deserve the most beautiful girl ever, I'd even sacrifice her for you and I'd take the second most beautiful." I laugh, and I watch him grin.

"I'd like that. But if she's gay or bisexual then you can have her, it's only fair." Sam says and I giggle.

"Okay, thank you." I grin and look down into the darkness of the duvet.

"That's alright. Now we should get some sleep." He says, "It's almost 2am."

"Yeah," I say, leaning over to him. "Goodnight." I say and give him a small hug then turn over and close my eyes.

"Goodnight." He says simply. "Oh and, best friendship is for life, don't ever forget that."

"I won't." I say, "You're amazing and I love you, my best friend." I breathe a breathy laugh.

"You're amazing Gracie, sleep well. I love you too." He says, and I feel like I hear him turn over.

I stare into the darkness for a while before sleeping, thinking about how awful this night has turned into. Eve having sex with Sarah? I hadn't even had sex with her yet... was that why she did it? I didn't even want to know.

I turned back around and looked at my best friend, presumably asleep by now. I realised that at least I wasn't going through this alone, and we'd always have our best friendship.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 458 43
© Things were going just perfectly well for Alex and her best friend. Well, not until things start to get out of control and Alex realizes she has fa...
152 15 7
Baragon is a senior in high school, and he's in love with his best friend. But, lucky for him, his sister is throwing a party that weekend. Does the...
Brad & Nick By Lex

Teen Fiction

137K 7.3K 23
Two Bros. One Friendship. One may or may not be in love with the other bro's boyfriend.
105 5 32
Teagan is entering her Senior year and she's not exactly in the best shape. The past summer was spent helping her best friend get over a break-up whi...