My Best Friends One Direction...

By woah_there_styles

Dakota Milne is a 18 year old girl who lives in her home town of Edinburgh, Scotland with her mum and stepdad... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8 Halloween Part 1
Chapter 9 Halloween Part 2
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
> Chapter 53 <

Chapter 35

9.5K 234 150
By woah_there_styles

*DAKOTA'S POV*

I sighed and readjusted my head on the hard hospital pillow, how long do I have to be here? I'm usually an outdoorsy person so this place is like a jail cell for me, not being able to do most things limits my imagination as well. I remember when back in grade school I barley passed History class with my imagination running all over the place. I used to daydream about Josh Hutcherson, just walking through the classroom door and asking where I was. I would usually just smile to myself at the thought of him and I at least being friends. But then my teacher Mrs. Halt had to disturb my imagination by throwing a question my way, and the worst part was I never had the answer. So I studied harder and went to bed earlier instead of staying up till 2:00 am watching YouTube videos of him. And by the end of that year, I got a 4.0. Because of that, I never really dream in my sleep anymore. Maybe like once every month, but that's about it.

I was interrupted from my thoughts when a nurse walked in. She looked around my age but was on the short side. She looked to be 5'4 at least, and I was that height in grade 6....I come from a tall family, right now I'm 5'8... I could of been taller but I cracked my growth plate when I was 15. She came closer and gave me a small smile, looking at my charts.

"Did they give you food to eat yet, Dakota?" She said in her American accent. I slightly nodded and noticed her beauty mark just under her nose. She looked down at her pager, in which was buzzing, and back up to me.

"You have visitors, I'll be right back" She said, walking out of the room. "Wait!" I stopped her. She turned around, "what's your name?" I asked. "Eva" she responded with a small smile. I returned it and she walked out. I groaned, once again I was alone. This sucks ass. I looked around the room and wondered who decorated it? Oh that was a stupid question, it was defiantly Rose. Duh Dakota.

Speaking of Rose, she ran in the room and gave me the biggest hug ever! Even though she saw me yesterday with my dad, Simon, and Caleb-who had to leave this morning- we still missed each other so much. She released from the hug and looked down at me. "Your scars are healing!" She said excitingly. She grabbed May's hand and ran over to her purse. May gave me a hug and I whispered "oh god what does she have planned now" she chuckled and looked over to her. "Don't worry, kota. It's gonna be fun." She said reassuringly. I smiled, gosh I love my friends.

After about an hour of watching Pitch Perfect and painting each others nails we just sat around and talked for awhile, you know catch up on things. "Yeah, Louis told me they had to record this new song, but he won't tell me what it is, or who wrote it even." May said. I nodded and looked to rose. "So, how are you and Harry?" I smirked. She smiled and looked down at her newly painted pink nails. "DID HE ASKED YOU?! OMG!" May asked/yelled shaking rose. "No he didn't, but it's-it's just complicated."she said unsure. My eyes went wide in shock, they couldn't be-no they wouldn't do that, well it is Harry and rose- plus I saw this movie and that's how they explained their relationship, oh god

"ARE YOU GUYS FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS?!" I whisper yelled. She put on a shocked expression and started laughing. "Why would we do that?" She asked, May looked at her and smirked. "Oh so that 'Harry can you help me get the tv working?' Wasn't an act. Yeah I thought so" she said imitating rose and sticking out her butt. Rose smacked her behind and laughed, "it's just, he's really flirty. I mean, I can tell he feels the same way about me, but it seems as if he doesn't want to commit, so he thinks it's a wise decision to just...flirt with me? So we have this little game...it's kinda fun, yet frustrating at the same time." She spoke. Oh, that sounds like Harry. "Hey, what about you and Niall?" She said. Oh...

"erm what about us?" I said pulling my sheets up feeling a slight breeze. "Oh you know what I'm talking about, Milne." she said sternly with a hint of playfulness in her voice. I smiled. "well there's nothing really to talk about? I mean, we're friends atleast that's what he wants to be, I think" I said confused. They were just as confused as I was from the look on their expressions. "Oh come on, that Irish lad talked about you almost every day while you were here. He visited every single day for at least 7 hours just watching you." May said. "When you put it that way May, it sounds kinda creepy" Rose said, taking a handful of popcorn and munching it down quickly. "Well thats basically what he did! I'm just telling the truth here!" May said chuckling. I smiled at the thought of Niall waiting for me to wake up, but then was pushed back to reality when I heard an all too fimilar scream.

"HEY BABE" Louis yelled running in and tackling May to the bed, kissing her everywhere. I watched them love eachother until I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked up to see Nialls crystal blue eyes staring back at me. He smiled and gestured for me to follow him. I nodded and got up slowly and followed the lad down the hall.

"where are we going, Ni?" I asked. He suddenly stoped, then looked into my eyes. He smiled and grabbed my hand and ran over to the staircase. We ran up several flights of stairs, until he stopped and opened a door to the rooftop. A smile crept upon my face as I gazed over the London skyline. I love London, every part is just so beautiful I can't describe it. The twinkling city lights showed most of the amazing parts.

I heard Niall clear his throat behind me, once I turned around I noticed he had a guitar. Well how did I not notice that earlier? He slowly made his way closer to me and swung the guitar strap around so it was now in front. He started strumming slowly, and I smiled at the unfimiliar tune.

Then he started to sing.

"Shut the door, turn the light off

I wanna be with you

I wanna feel your love

I wanna lay beside you

I cannot hide this even though I try

Niall came beside me and sat on the ledge of the rooftop. I felt goose bumps as he brushed my side slightly.

Heart beats harder

Time escapes me

Trembling hands touch skin

It makes this harder

And the tears stream down my face

If we could only have this life for one more day

If we could only turn back time

I felt chills go through me. Who did Niall write this for...?

You know I'll be

Your life, your voice your reason to be

My love, my heart

Is breathing for this

Moments in time

I'll find the words to say

Before you leave me today

Close the door

Throw the key

Don't wanna be reminded

Don't wanna be seen

Don't wanna be without you

My judgement is clouded

Like tonight's sky

Hands are silent

Voice is numb

Try to scream out my lungs

It makes this harder

And the tears stream down my face

If we could only have this life for one more day

If we could only turn back time

You know I'll be

Your life, your voice your reason to be

My love, my heart

Is breathing for this

Moments in time

I'll find the words to say

Before you leave me today

Flashes lights in my mind

Going back to the time

Playing games in the street

Kicking balls with my feet

There's a numb in my toes

Standing close to the edge

There's a pile of my clothes

At the end of your bed

As I feel myself fall

Make a joke of it all

I laughed as he took a deep breath after singing that one part. Damn that was like a rap right there.

You know I'll be

Your life, your voice your reason to be

My love, my heart

Is breathing for this

Moments in time

I'll find the words to say

Before you leave me today

You know I'll be

Your life, your voice your reason to be

My love, my heart

Is breathing for this

Moment in time

I'll find the words to say

Before you leave me today"

I stood in shock after what he did next.

He kissed me

Niall Horan kissed me.

On the cheek.

<<<<<<<<A/N>>>>>>>>>

HEY

WOW THAT WAS COOL HUH

OK

COMMENT

VOTE

BECOME A FAN

WHATEVER

OK BYE I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.

~JB

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.8K 462 22
Macie Horan had the dream life any girl could wish for. Her brother was Niall Horan of One Direction and his best friend was Harry Styles. On her 18t...
362K 7K 17
(Prologue...) Amanda lived next door to the Styles family. With the famous Harry Styles, you know from One Direction! Gemma Styles is his little sist...
1.7M 28.3K 30
Erin Collins is just an average 18 year old from Wisconsin. She spends the summer in Ireland with the intention of learning more about her family his...
9.8K 291 27
Dakota DiCaprio is a famous twenty-two year old actress. Last name sounds familiar right? Well, she is the only daughter of Leonardo DiCaprio. Dakota...