Check-'Mate'

By Stephimarie

Sin isn't your normal werewolf. Abandoned as a baby, she was found, adopted, and trained to be an assassin. S... More

Check-'Mate'
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8

Chapter 7

12.7K 495 55
By Stephimarie

I woke up alone and a little sore. That was to be expected. Rolling over I looked around the room, just out of habit more then anything else. There was a small bottle on the dresser at the other end of the room. I don't remember having nor leaving a jar there.

I got up and walked to the dresser, looking arouynd cautiously. Nothing else was moved and I couldn't smell anything but Damien scent in the air. Shrugging I walked and picked up the bottle.

It was filled with a red-brownish color of liquid and I smiled. There was a note that was placed underneath the bottle as well and I picked it up. 

This is what you asked for. Use the whole bottle and get it done. I want you home with me where you belong.

I placed the note back on the dresser, reminding myself to throw it out once I leave. I took the bottle of Belladonna and placed it in my bag. No one would be able to smell it through the jar, so I wasn't worried about that. I just knew I had to keep my purse with me at all times and not let anyone touch it.

I decided to call my father to let him know my progress and what was going on. As usual he picked up on the first ring. "Hello babygirl, how are you?" He asked. "I'm good dad, Damien dropped off the good so now I'm half way there. He likes me. I can tell by the way he acts and the fact that we went out on a date yesterday." I explained. 

"Good, we all miss you and want you home. So now that you have what you need how are you going to slip it to him?" I sighed and thought about it. I mean there were plently of ways I could do it. Dip my dagger in it, or an arrow, or the old fashioned slip it in his drink trick. I just didn't know what to do. Not to mention the whole having second thoughts thing.

That reminded me of something. "I don't know yet dad, hey listen, can you find me out any info on Lucian's brother, Liam for me? He seems shady and I want to know what his deal is with me. He looks at me like he knows what I am. It's not comforting because if he does know he will ruin everything before I have a chance to complete the mission." I asked.

"Hmm, that isn't good. Just steer clear of him for awhile and I will see what I can find out about him. Anything else to report?" I thought about it. "Oh, last night rogues tried to attack me in the girls bathroom on our date. Three of them and they were disgusting. Luckily I screamed like a girl and an employee walked in and told them to get out. I could of taken them on, but not without drawing attention to myself." I added.

"Well, things are just getting complicated all over aren't they. Be careful Sin, we don't know what is going on there." I nodded absentmindedly. "Will do dad, give mom a hug and kiss for me." He assured me he would and we said out goodbyes.

I decided to get dressed and head into the city that Lucian took me to last night. I was hoping I would run into those rogues again and do some damage. My wolf was itching for a fight and what better way to do it then by rogue hunting.

The ride was about an hour, the same length of time it took Lucian and me to get here. I parked my car on the side of the busy strip and got out. I took a deep breath of air and could almost smell the rancid wet dog smell. 

The same smell from last night. They were still here and now all I had to do was find them.

In the mean time, I decided to just walk around, shop, get something to eat, until I caught their scent. 

-----

About two hours, a full stomach, and an arm full of bags, I was still at square one. I still hadn't caught on to any scents and I had an extra apendage by the name of Damien attached to me. 

"I don't know why you showed up you know, anyone could smell or see you. Not only are you putting yourself in danger, but your putting me in it too." I stressed to him and he just clicked his tongue.

"First off, I would never let anything happen to you Sin, your mine and you know that..even if you choose to fight me over it when we aren't in bed. Second, they can try all they want to try and hurt me, they can't. I am more powerful then the precious Alpha." He carried on as I rolled my eyes.

"Getting a little cocky are we?" I nudged him in the arm and he wrapped it around my shoulder. "You know it baby." I laughed and he joined along. I was glad he was with me even though I would never admit it to him. It was nice having company and it being Damien was all the better.

We walked out of our final store and were heading back to my car when I caught the scent of th putrid rogues. I stopped dead in my track and spun around to sniff the air. Damien stopped as well and looked at me curiously.

His sense of smell wasn't as powerful as mine was. I loved rubbing that in too. "Is it the rouges?" He asked and I nodded. "Yeah, but there is another familar scent with theirs too. Let's go find out who it is." 

Damine grabbed the bags and blinked to the car with them and was back within seconds. I wish I had the power to do that, damn demons had it so much easier then us wolves. I followed the scent a couple of blocks until we reached an old pub.

I turned to Damien and gave him the signal to wait out here while I go snoop. He sighed, but agreed non the less. I walked around to the back of the pub. I knew it doubled as a restaurant from the other smells that were in the air, so I was hoping to run into the kitchen.

I found the back door and pried it open and lone and behold I was in the back of the kitchen. Everything was going smoothly so far and I hoped it would stay that way. I walked through, ignoring the few workers I seen and they didn't seem to bother with me either, and made my way to the entrance of the bar.

I followed the smell and peaked around the corner. I spotted the three rouges immediatly sitting at a corner table. I also saw one other person who tagged along. I silently gasped because it wasn't anything I was expecting, but a part of me wasn't surprised.

I turned around and walked out of the kitchen and made my way back to Damien. He was standing in the exact spot I left left and I gave him a grim smile when I got there. "What's wrong?" He asked, slightly worried.

I shook my head. "Come on, we gotta get back to that shit town and I need to call my dad." I stopped once more. "Actually on second thought, blink me back home. I need to talk to Dante and dad too, without the computer screen involved." 

He looks at me hesitantly. "You know it will make you sick for a bit, you sure?" I nodded. I could deal with the vertigo effect for awhile. I had things to figure out and this was the fastest way.

He grabbed me and pulled me into a tight hug and everything went black. It was basically a second of absolute nothingness, but then it was gone and the familar surrounding of my home were in view. 

Damien quickly led me to the couch in Dante's office and sat me down. I groaned and laid down. Maybe this was a bit much. I felt dizzy and sick to my stomach. Wolves weren't meant to travel like this, even if it was handy as hell.

Dante and my father burst into the office. "What the hell is going on? Sin, why are you here?" My father asked as Dante asked what happened. Damien let out a little chuckle. "She's fine, she just clinked with me, so she is a bit dizzy. I'll go get her some water." With that he was out the door.

"Did, you find out anything about Liam yet?" I asked my dad and he sighed. "No, nothing interesting. He is Lucian's brother. Father died, mother is still there, but you know all of that. His mate also died, that I found out." He explained and I grunted.

"His mate died huh, well maybe that's why he is on the deep end." I grumbles and sat up as Damien walked in, handing me my glass of water. Dant took a seat behind his desk and folded his hands looking at me intently.

"What are you talking about?" He asked and I looked at him. "Well it seems that Liam is working with those rogues who tried to attack me last night." I said and my father tsked and Dante stayed quiet.

Damien punched the wall. Leave it to him to have the anger issues. "I want her out of there now!" He roared and all three of us rolled out eyes. "Relax D, I'm fine and I can take care of myself if you haven't noticed." I told him.

"I agree with Sin, she is one of our best Damien, you know that. Control your temper now." Dante agreed and Damien didn't retort. He knew better. He plopped down on the couch with me and sighed. My father seemed to find all this ammusing and chuckled quietly to himself.

He knew of Damien's crush on me and approved, but he knew how I was and never pushed the relationship on me. My mother on the other hand, always tried.

As if on cue, my mother burted through the door of the office and grabbed me into a hug. "Oh my baby girl! I missed you so much! Did you finish the mission? Are you home for good now?" She rambled on into my hair and I looked to my father for help.

He lifted his hands in surrender as if to say I was on my own. I snorted and mouthed a 'thanks' to him. He smiled back. Ass.

"Mom, I missed you too and no I'm not done yet, I came to ask some questions about the mission." I told her as I finished hugging her. She slowly moved herself from me and went to stand with my father and sighed. 

"I knew it was to good to be true. Is everything going okay?" I nodded to her. She didn't need to know that complication had arouse. I didn't want to worry her that rogues were now apart of the equation.

My dad whispered into my mother's ear, low enough so only she could hear him. She nodded, gave me one last hug with an 'I love you', and walked out, closing the door. 

"Alright, well you have the Belladonna, so that part is out of the way. I am curious to why Lucians brother is working with rogues, so I want you to try and find out. Normally I wouldn't care, but if he is working with them, it's for a reason and once Lucian is removed and he takes his place. I don't want the entire pack to suffer." Dante ordered and I nodded my agreement.

We usually wouldn't give a shit what happens, but we can't leave an entire pack at the mercy of rougues. That's just cruel.

"Well then it looks like I might be around longer then we thought. I won't be killing Lucian until I get to the bottom of this, and then I will finish the job and get the hell out of there. I miss home already." I sighed and drank the rest of my water.

We talked a bit more about the plans and what might be going on, until it was time for Damien to take me back to my car. I wasn't thrilled with having to blink again but I didn't really have a choice in the matter.

He grabbed hold of me once more and it was deja vu with a side of sea sick. My car was in view in the next second and I leaned against it. "I want you to call me if you need me at any fucking time. This could get dirty and I will be checking in." I rolled my eyes. As if I didn't expect that.

"I know Damien, thank you. Now I am going to go to my small motel room take a shower, and go to sleep." I said and gave him a soft kiss on the lips. He returned it and opened my door for me to get in. 

"I'll see you tomorrow Sin. Be careful." I nodded and got into the car and drove off.

Great, as if killing the Alpha wasn't the biggest problem. Let's add some rogues and a crazy brother in the mix. Gotta love the life of an assassin.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 121 30
Kira grew up without a world of supernatural creatures. Her family was apart of a secret agency. She didn't know of these creatures and her family ti...
1.9K 41 17
She doesn't know the alpha's son is her mate! She is pretty scared of Alphas cause what they might do. But middle school starts and that might change...
711K 23.5K 35
After a nightmarish attack, Ludovica loses her entire family. Ever since then, she exterminates all rogue wolves who dare trespass into her lands wit...
112K 3.8K 12
Olivia has had a hard life her mom and dad were killed and her brother beats her what happens when an alpha comes to town and kidnaps her and treats...