Hustle Anyway: An August Alsi...

By tawanam

After August's oldest brother is murdered. August decides to take a chance and pursue a music career by movin... More

Outchea
ClubX....Party Paradise
Down to Business
To be or Not to?
Deja Vu
Date Night
G Day
Gettin' It
CheckMate
No Love
In Da Open
Start of Something
Bish Whet?!
Deal With It
3's A Crowd?
Lotus Flower Bomb
Mauray Typa shit (part 1)
Turn Up!
Turn Down for...Say What??!
Oh Really?
Connect the Dots
Undercover
Signed and Sealed?
Mauray Typa Shit (part 2)
Done Deal?
Just A Note
Double Inked

New Things Comin'

2.1K 93 40
By tawanam

Eva PoV

"You excited to go to New York?" I asked August as we got out of the taxi at the airport.

"Yeah...can't wait to finally be at Def Jam," he said as he grabbed my duffel bag and threw it over his shoulder.

It was mid-August and we were on our way to NYC where August would meet his new label reps at Def Jam.

"Alright Yung, let's get this show on da road," his manager Noonie said.

August grabbed my hand, givin me a warm smile before we headed to check in

***************
August

"That's the Empire State building over there!" Eva pointed thru da airplane window to show me.

"We should go there befo headin back to Atlanta," I told her as I snapped a pic with my blackberry.

"That would be fun. We should also check out the statue of liberty," she said sounding excited for our first time New York City adventure.

We had 2 days- well one actually since one of the days would be spent at the label going through contracts and all a dat.

"Fa sho'...we can do all the touristy shit tomorrow," I told her as she laughed at me.

I continued lookin out da window at the cityscape, then thinking I was happy I had Eva by my side to experience it with me...

******************
Eva PoV

We got in pretty late that night as we settled into our hotel room.

I sat on the bed, checking on some stuff from my laptop as August took a shower.

"Damn." I said lowly as I looked at the notes sent to my email.

"What's da matter?" August came out of the bathroom asking as he towel dried his head.

"Ah nothin...just bombarded with notes from lecturers already," I told him.

He smirked, " don't go pretending that you ain't like the workload....you live for that shit,"

I smiled at him, " welllll...maybe just a little bit. Oh that reminds me that tutor I was telling you about? She says she can meet with you next Tuesday,"

August nodded, " That's coo. What's her name again?"

"Amy. She said depending on how much time you can spend tutoring, you could have your diploma by next year this time,"

August looked skeptical, " yeah sure....sounds like some over optimistic thing a white girl would say"

I began chuckling since Amy was in fact white.

************

The next morning, we all headed to the record label in Manhattan

"Say we in the building " I urged the boys to say as I took a photo for them next to Def Jam sign.

"Yall's turn," Noonie said as he took the camera from me.

I walked over to where August was standing and nestled next to him, smiling for the awaiting camera.

"Alright....say-" Noonie began

"Mr Alsina!" A tall dark skinned man accompanied by 3 other men in fitted suits came over and interrupted us.

"I'm Mr Fontainebleau, and these are all my associates"
He introduced them all

"Nice to meet yall," August said as they each shook his hand.

"Im his manager Derek," Noonie said as they greeted him as well.

"And I'm -" I was about to introduce myself, since I noticed Mr Fontainebleau glance at me, but he looked away and continued talking to Noonie

"Pleasure to meet you all. Please. The others are awaiting us in the boardroom upstairs," he smiled and ushered us to the elevator.

I found him extremely disrespectful for cutting me off but kept quiet, since August was the main focus after all.

***********
August

We all entered a room with prolly 15 other people already seated around a huge table.

They all gave us warm smiles before we took seats as well.

"So Mr Alsina, we'll provide you with all your needs since you're now a part of the Def Jam family," a woman finished off speaking

I nodded, still caught up in the fact that this was really happenin....after all da hard work and hustling. But I knew the real work was only bout to begin.

"And since you have a manager and a stylist contracted to-" she went on but I frowned

"Hold up. Stylist?" I asked her befo she could continue

"Uhh yes," she said looking over at Eva. " isn't she your stylist?"

Eva looked up at me wondering what the hell this woman was talkin bout

"No maam. This here is ma girlfriend," I corrected her.

"Oh. I just assumed, accept my apology," she said to me and Eva

Eva nodded silently, before the lady continued.

We were 2 hour into da meeting befo finally getting a break.

"August Alsina," a freckled face A&R man came up to me and shook ma hand.

"You know...there's already some guy who goes by the name of August. We should make it more creative- how about August September,"

He nodded his head at his idea

I looked at dat foo with this blank alress stare. Motherfuckers outchea was dumber than I thought....

**********
Eva PoV

After a long day of meetings and a tour of the building, we had finally headed back to our hotel. I was mentally exhausted but didn't want to let August think I wasn't being supportive so never mentioned it to him.

As I lay back on the bed, he hopped on pulling me into a hug.

"Thank you for bein there ma," he said as he placed a kiss on my cheek

"I could see in ya eyes you were bored to death at some point," he said as I smiled out of guilt.

"I was, and I'm happy for you Auggo but thank God that parts over....tomorrow we can go see the city," I said growing excited

"Oh shit. I forgot to tell you. That Fontainebleau nigga said it's customary for new artists to have brunch with him and L.A Reid. So I gotta do that tomorrow." He said to me

My spirits fell," Oh ok. Well maybe afterwards you can meet me wherever I am at the time"

He nodded and gave me a kiss on my forehead, " I sure will"

****************

August had gotten the label to get me my own driver to take me where ever I wanted to go in the city. It was pretty cool but...I would've preferred his company of course.

"And last place I wanna go is the Empire state building," I told the driver whose name was Collin.

I decided to save it for last so by that time August would've gotten back and we could go there together-as well as Noonie.

I visited the world Trade Center sites, liberty island, the Brooklyn Bridge as well as central park. It was about 4 in the afternoon and only place left on my list was the Empire State.

"Are you ready to go to your final destination madame?" Collin asked me in his British accent.

"Uhh just a minute collin. Lemme make a phone call," I told him as I dialed in August's number.

"Hey ma," he greeted me as I heard laughter in the back

"Babe where are you? I thought you said you'd be done by 3?" I asked him.

"I know baby. It's just that while at brunch, we ran into Jay Z....so we ended up at the lounge on the hotel rooftop chillin' with da nigga," August said with a smile

"He was just tellin me bout when he first began his career...you should hear da typa shit he done ma- that nigga is inspirational," he explained to me

"I bet he is," I said lowly

"I know I was sposed to meet ya but Ion think we gon be done for another hour maybe,"

"It's cool august," I replied him

"You sure? " He asked, maybe sensing my disappointment.

"Yea yeah...I am," I pretended to brush it off.

"I'll see you tonight at the hotel then," I said before we ended our call.

I guess this is being with an artist is gonna be like. I thought back.

"Can you take me back to the hotel?" I asked Collin

He frowned slightly and looked at me through the mirror before agreeing.

"Madame....just a word of advice," he began as I looked up at him through the mirror

"If you dont want to be forgotten you have to make yourself unforgettable," he said

I frowned, " Whatchu mean?"

"Im saying I've seen far too many wives and girls friends of celebrities get left behind because they were too shy to step up to limelight right next to their significant other,"

I kept on listening to him.

"Next time you're with him in a large crowd or setting. Stand next to him - not behind. And when you introduce yourself, speak up and give as firm a handshake to anyone that they'll see that you're a force to be reckoned with," he smiled as I did the same

"Thank you Collin," I said feeling appreciative of his words

"Now...where to?" He asked again.

"How about Midtown...Manhattan," I said as he gave me a head nod and went on to driving......

***************
Been a long time coming (this update) lol

So...can Eva actually step out of her comfort zone and into the spotlight with August?

Should she even do that??

Or should she play it calm and cool and let him adjust to his new life?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

408K 12.3K 30
Jaelynn from Harlem moves to New Orleans where she meets her next door neighbor August. August is a typical trouble maker but has better intentions f...
78.8K 2.6K 21
Alana has just moved to Atlanta. Starting a new life leaving behind her troubled past, she meets August a local street hustler with dreams. August ho...
46.8K 1.4K 25
Amariah and her family moves to New Orleans @ 12 she goes to a new school starts off fresh and she meets august they become best friends after years...
345K 8.1K 40
Living with her disabled mom and her sister and brother Keira can't stand neither sibling and prays that one day she'll get away from them. Keira is...