Ember and Lilia: A Pool of Fl...

XinTan4 tarafından

Fear. Hatred. Sorrow. Those emotions were like a thousand splinters of glass piercing her heart, leaving behi... Daha Fazla

Prologue
Chapter 1: Beyond the forest
Chapter 2: Midnight strucks
Chapter 3: The Schools
Chapter 4: Pathways,Divided
Chapter 5: Choosing your own Footsteps
Chapter 6: Settling down
Chapter 7: Schedule
Chapter 8: Friendship?
Chapter 9: The arena
Chapter 10: Placings
Chapter 11:Summoning and Familiars
Chapter 12 : Past and Present History
Chapter 13: Demon attacks
Chapter 14: Gone
Chapter 16: The Forest
Chapter 17: Long,long ago
Chapter 18: Roaming
Chapter 19: Despair
Chapter 20: For all we know
Chapter 21: So it begins (Part 1)
Chapter 22: So it Begins (Part 2)
Chapter 23: False lies
Chapter 24: Dark Future
Chapter 25: The Key to her Heart
Chapter 26: The Price of the Sacrifice
Chapter 27: The Place of Destination
Chapter 28: She who Sees
Chapter 29: The Starry Night Skies
Chapter 30: Fiery Retributions
Chapter 31: The Heart Does Not Lie
Epilogue
Prizes to be given!

Chapter 15: A walk

152 15 17
XinTan4 tarafından

If YOU want a quicker update,remember to read the author note down there! (I am NOT forcing any of you to do this.Do it on your own FREE WILL.Just saying.If you can or want to,check out the song above! (I like to listen to it while reading the chapter (in my opinion only,of course!)

-Lilia-

On her hand was a black mark with curly writings and symbols that she didn't understand.

Not being able to handle it,she collapsed on the ground as reality crashed in.

Up until now,she had only thought of attending the Schools for her own good,to be able to learn more about this miraculous world that she had been brought into.But Lilia had never thought that something as terrible as the demons would happen to her,to everyone in The Schools.Perhaps part of her still thought of this as a dream,half blinded by her own arrogance-no,not arrogance,but her own selfishness.She buried her face in her hand as she swallowed a sob.All the burden,all the bravery and the leadership she had shown in the battle was gone.It was merely but a facade,a shell to hide her from the merciless laughters and jeers she had been given her whole life.

Inside,she was nothing but a helpless girl,wanting nothing more but to be free from all the stares.

She thought that being the cold emotionless girl that everyone had thought she was would solve her problems.Better being hate and curious than being laughed at.Better being the poker,emotionless girl than being someone to be jeered down at.That was what she had thought,living to survived under the harsh cruel eyes that looked down to her since she was but a young child.It was the society who hated her,and it was the society who changed her into what she was now.

Her hand clenched into fists as the dam finally broke.

Tears silently trailed down her face and dropped down onto the ground as she curled into a ball.It was all too much.

She let go of her fears,her sorrows,all of them,as she wept under the tree.The sun went behind the clouds.

Be strong.A voice said in her mind.

Be strong.Just those two words,made Lilia's heart ache.How long had it been since she had cried like this?

You can do it.

Soon,the tears ran dried and Lilia wiped her face using her hands.She looked at her hands before clenching it tightly.She stood up.

"You'll need this." A voice said.She turned to see a man looking at her with twinkling eyes.He held out a pair of leather gloves.She looked at the gloves and then at the man uncertainly.He gave a warm smile.Reaching her hand out slowly,she took the gloves and put them on.When she turned to thanked the man,he already disappeared.

Weirdly,he seems familiar somehow.

Probably just my imagination.

Looking around,Lilia decided to stroll around.She walk past the Schools as she looked at the sun setting.The sky was illuminated with brilliant streaks of pink and gold.It was a beautiful view.

"What are you doing here?" A voice said next to her.She looked down and saw Keith laying down on the grass watching the sun.He patted the place next to him.Copying his actions,Lilia laid down on the grass next to him.Keith shifted and put his hands behind his head.

"Its beautiful,the view."

"I know.I loved coming here too sometimes."

"Oh."

A comfortable silence fell over them as they laid there,silently watching the sunset.

Suddenly,Kevin stood up as he brushed of the grass.Lilia watched him.Saying nothing,he held up a hand to Lilia.Giving him her hand,he pulled her up.

"Want to go for a walk?"His blue eyes looked at her brown eyes.She gave a tiny smile and nod.

They walked in a slow pace,silently enjoying each other's company.Somehow, Lilia felt safe whenever he was with her.A warm feeling slowly crept its way into her heart.She batted the feeling away.

Once or twice her would looked at her gloves curiously,but he didn't asked anything,which she was grateful for.Lilia gradually stopped in her tracks.Her lips tightened as she remembered something she had to do.

"Excuse me for a while."Lilia said.He nod in understanding.Picking up her steps, she nearly slammed her head onto the library's door.She looked at her gloves before going in the library.

Her eyes looking at the towering shelves of books,she finally saw a book.

Demon Marks.

Taking the book out,she begun to read it.

..............................

(I'm not going to revealed what the book wrote about YET.Its a surprised for the future chapters :p )

-Lilia-

Slamming the book shut,she gently put the book back,not noticing the fact that her hands were trembling.

What am I,truly?

She sanked onto her knees.

Hidden secrets,so many that she did not know.

My life is full of secrets,past that I don't really even know.Lilia gave a cold laugh.Her heart dropped.Standing up,she forced herself to go back to where Keith was.Keith gave her a small smile."Where have you been?"

Lilia merely shook her head as her hands shook.He gave her a concern gaze."Are you alright?"

Saying nothing,she shook her head again as she,for the second time in that day,cried.He wrapped his arms around her as she buried her head into his chest and shook and cried. Patting her back,he let her cry until her tears finally ran dry.

"I'm sorry."She mumbled into his chest.

"Sorry for what?"

"For wetting your shirt."

He gave a loud laugh."Its just a shirt,don't be silly Lilia."She lifted her head.

"Give me a smile."He demanded.The corners of her lips twitched a little.Shaking his head,he sigh."I said a smile,Shadoefel,not that thing you're giving me."

She gave a smile and he nod."Now come on."He said and started dragging her by the hand.

"Huh?Where are we going?"

He gave a glare."Tell me,Shadoefel,have we finished walking yet?"

"Um no."

"Then what kind of stupid question is that?Now start walking!"

"Your a jerk."She mumbled under her breath.He gave her another glare."I heard that."

"I want you to hear that."She mumbled.

"Say that again and I'll make sure to banned you from entering the library again."

Lilia turned a shade paler at his words."You wouldn't dare."She whispered.

"I will."

"Well then,god dammed your hearing."

"I'll take that as a compliment."He smirked when he saw her reactions.If looks could kill,he would have already dropped dead. But sadly,looks couldn't kill,so he didn't die.

Soon silence fell on them again as they continued walking.Lilia pushed away her thoughts.She would at least enjoyed this moment.She walked side by side with him with a tiny smile on her face.

...............................

-no one-

Tears streamed down his face as the man who had given the gloves to Lilia just now watched her walking with a boy with a tiny smile on her face.Pride and love shone in his eyes.

"You have grown so much..."He whispered to her even if he knew that she could not hear him.He would act as a protector for her from far away.Even if she hated him...

He would die protecting her with his last breath.

"My daughter."

Here's a little game for a faster update! IF you can gimme 4 votes and 5 comments,I'll make another update in two or three days (I'm kinda out of ideas here,so I MAY OR MAY NOT update in these days.For that,I apologised first.)Of course,I AM NOT forcing any of you to do this.I WILL still update if YOU don't do this,just maybe a little 'slower'.Thanks for reading and if you have any ideas you want me to add in this book,comment! (I CAN'T take all of your ideas in,but maybe I'll think about it! ;) And excuse me if I couldn't read your comments.)

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

55.1K 326 40
When you live in small, typical town like Portland, Oregon, you don't expect much. Arielle Martinez had her best friends, an annoying sister, and a s...
131K 8.7K 55
Five Star Reviews for Atlantis Academy: "Omg this book was amazing I couldn't put it down or stop reading. I carried it with me open on my phone whil...
20.3K 1.1K 60
Formerly known as "The Heartthrob Won't Leave Me Alone!" - "God Blake, you're a true enigma" Her eyes widened slightly at his words. "I don't underst...
268 98 26
I am entrapped in a nightmare. A school where souls are categorised into three realms - Heaven, Earth and Nether. Disguised as a Demon, I am trying t...