Gifted

By changedtickets

Alyshia Weasley was not rich, or popular, or anything of the sort. Being part of the Weasley family definitel... More

Gifted
01
02
03
04
05
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
14.5(Draco's POV)
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
Special Thanks
Author Goodbye and Information

06

747 14 6
By changedtickets

I was surprised when a young Gryffindor ran up to be with a scroll. It was from Dumbledore.

Miss Weasley,

I would like if you would come down to my office at eight o'clock sharp this evening. Thank you.

Professor Dumbledore

P.S. I really like Licorice Wands

The note gave me a sense of urgency and I suddenly wanted the day day to pass a lot faster as I made my way to Potions with Professor Slughorn. I wasn't good at Potions. End of story. I was terrible at them. I took a seat next to Bella and rose my hand, waiting for Slughorn to call on me.

"Yes, my dear?" he asked.

"Could I ask you something?" I asked.

"Yes, of course," he said. "What is it?" I stood up from my chair and went over to him.

"I was thinking about what you said the other day, about me getting a tutor, and I think that's a great idea," I explained. "I really just don't understand Potions at all."

"Of course," he said. "I'll put you with a student one year older then you," he said. "Let's see...Top of the class is Mr. Potter."

"Harry?" I asked. "Yes, me and Harry are friends."

"I'm afraid I won't be able to let you study with him, my dear," Slughorn said. "He's been rather busy and you know he's been having detention lately. I'm not sure he'll be able to fit it into his schedule. I've also had reports that he's not a very good teacher." I laughed.

"Very well," I said smiling. "Who then?" Slughorn scribbled down a name onto a piece of paper and handed it to me.

"I think you know him," he said. I went and sat down, stuffing the name into my pocket so I could pay attention. I could look at it later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stared down at the piece of paper while walking up to Dumbledore's office. I had completely forgotten about the tutoring and now I was wishing I had looked at it in the classroom.

I had to be mistaken. No, it was clearly written. In neat, big letter were the two words, one name, eleven letters.

Draco Malfoy

Blimey, and didn't even know he was good at Potions. I mean, what am I supposed to do? Hey, I want to be friends again even though I treated you like a bitch, and my family and friends want to cut your throat. Yeah...that's go well. Besides, I didn't want to be friends with him. He was just going to be my tutor. For academic purposes. Ron would understand that this was completely against my will.

I had changed into a skirt and a blouse with heart on it, along with some flats.

"Licorice Wands," I said to the gargoyles and they jump aside, allowing me to run past and up the stairs. I don't stop to listen before I open the door and I'm surprised to see someone else in the room talking to Dumbledore. It was Harry.

"I think that's possible," he was saying. Both him and Dumbledore turn to look at me. "Well, bye, Professor." He waves at me as he passes and closes the large door behind him.

"What was Harry doing here?" I asked.

"Miss Weasley, I'm so glad you could make it," he said. "Harry was here do to some secret business, like ours."

"I see," I murmur. "What exactly are we going to be doing, Professor?"

"I want to talk to you," Dumbledore replied. He sat down behind his desk and motioned to one of the seats across from it. I sat down. "It's about the job I gave you," he said, "with Mr. Malfoy. I suspect you are still in contact with him."

I could feel dread deep in my stomach beginning to rise up. I coughed.

"Not...really..."

"What happened?" he asked.

"Well...he...we...got into a fight," I said.

"Why?"

"Last week, my brother, Ron, found us in an...awkward position and he got mad. Really mad. He was going to punch Draco. It was all I could do to stop him. Then he was mad at me, said that Draco was a git and that I should leave him alone if I knew what was best for me! I listened to him. Draco and I had been meeting secretly for just one night when this happened. I skipped out on him the next day," I paused, tears rolling down my face, and looked at my lap. "On Saturday, I didn't want anything else to happen, I think I had reached my turning point in depression and confusion. I went up the the Astronomy Tower and I jumped off. But he stopped me. Draco stopped me from falling, even though I had skipped on him the other day. He used some kind of spell and well, we talked and certain things came around-"

"What certain things, may I ask?" Dumbledore interrupted. I let my hair fall in my face as best I could trying to hide my blush.

"We...um...well, I said I liked him...I didn't mean to. I have a horrible habit of saying things I'm thinking without even realizing it. He said he liked my as well."

"Why did you leave?"

"He kept saying everything's going to fine. And nothing bad will happen. That's not true though. It wasn't fine, me being with him. And how can nothing bad happen! You-Know-Who is out there right now plotting to kill us all. He doesn't care who, anyone who even threatens him, associates with Harry, or likes a muggleborn, he wants to kill. Depose of. How could something bad not happen?" I asked.

"I think he was just trying to be comforting," Dumbledore said. "At least we can mark one suspect off the list."

"Suspect?" I asked.

"That left that piece of glass in your bed," he replied. "That wants you dead."

"That's crazy, why would he want me dead?"

"There is something that I have yet to tell you about Mr. Malfoy," Dumbledore said. "There are many reasons behind this to which his parents have allowed, and Voldemort has insisted. Those who disobey him are dead. I want you to understand you can't leak a word of this to anyone."

"I understand," I said, hesitating a little.

"He is a Death Eater."

I slumped down in my chair as I heard those two words. I put my hand over my gaping mouth and stared at Dumbledore.

"That's...that's crazy! Why would You-Know-Who need a sixteen-year-old boy?" I asked, gaining my words again.

"That is a whole other story," he said. "I need you to be friends with Draco again. He doesn't have true friends to which he can share everything on his mind. He is suffering as much as you can't tell. He did this to himself willingly, rather then die a death of pain and torture, though it was insisted upon him and I don't think he knew what he was getting into. He was to replace his father, whom you will remember almost gave you brain damage last year at the Ministry."

"Yes, I remember that," I replied. "I wish I could thank Sirius."

"Lets not go there right this minute," Dumbledore said. "His father was captured and sent to Azkaban, that's why he is to replace him. Voldemort has full power to release Draco's father, though I think he has his reasons not to. He has been lying rather low, with only the occasional kidnapping, he is gathering his army, plotting his plans. Finding out weaknesses, our strengths. He knows he needs to defeat me before he will ever threaten this school."

"I don't understand..."

"That's what Draco was sent to do, he is supposed to kill me this year," he said.

"Fu-" Dumbledore gives me a look that tells me to watch me language. "-umbling chipmunks! This is ridiculous. If You-Know-Who can't kill you how would someone like Draco be able to?"

"I think Voldemort knows that Draco will fail, he is seeing it as a way to punish the boy's family," he replied. "That's all I can tell you."

I sit still in my chair for a moment.

"And...what do you want me to do?" I asked.

"I want you to be there for him," he explained. "There are going to be times when he truly is struggling. He has a secret to keep here that could get him arrested if anyone was to find out."

"So, you want me to be friends with him again?" I asked. "Should I let him know that I know he's a Death Eater?"

"I would advise you not to, but I will allow you to tell him if you find the right time," Dumbledore replied.

"Why me?" I asked. "Why not some Slytherin?"

"I have already noticed that Mr. Malfoy takes notice of you. A large amount of his time in the Great Hall recently has been looking your direction, even if you haven't noticed," Dumbledore replied. "I think he has a weak spot in his heart for you and I think he will trust you more then he would someone else."

"Are you sure I can do this?" I asked.

"I'm positive," he replied.

"Okay, Professor," I said. "I guess I should get going. Goodnight."

"Goodnight, Miss Weasley," he said, "and good luck."

"Thank you." I walk out of the large door and they shut automatically behind me. I wonder slowly down the stairs and into the hallway, thinking about everything Dumbledore had said. I just coudn't believe that Draco was a Death Eater. But I had to. It was my mission. You'd think that You-Know-Who would at least treat kids right. I guess not since they are the next generation.

I'm so lost in thought I barely notice it. I wave of black robes, a flash of platinum hair.

Draco.

What was he doing wondering around the castle? At least I had a reason. So I did what any normal person would do.

I followed him, grasping my wand that was in my pocket. Just because I needed to be friends with him didn't mean I couldn't take precautions. He was a Death Eater after all. 

I watched carefully before me and I saw him turn into a room. I followed him and I'm not sure what I was expecting-Death Eaters by the dozens or something-but I was kind of disappointed to see just a regular old classroom. I heard the door shut behind me and everything went pitch black.

"Lumos," I murmured and a small ball of light glowed on the end of my wand. I looked around, backing up against the door. "I know you're there, Draco," I said. "There's no reason to hide."

"I'm not hiding!" he growled. It was weird, the first word I had heard from him in days and it was scary. He sounded angry. I'm not sure if he was angry at me, or if he just wasn't in a good mood.

"Where are the lights?" I asked. The lights suddenly came on and I put my light out. I looked down at the wand in my hand for a moment before I stuck it back in my pocket and looked up at Draco. He was leaning against a desk, staring at me. "Thank you," I said softly.

He didn't say anything and it's not like I expected him to. He was hot. Hotter then I remembered. I know that sounds lame, I just can't help it. It was true.

"I...I need to talk to you," I said. "Professor Slughorn gave me a tutor for potions and he chose you to teach me."

"I don't want to," he said. That's not what I was expecting at all. I thought he would make some kind of sarcastic comment about me needing a tutor.

"You have to, Draco," I breath.

"Draco?" he asked. "I thought that I was Malfoy to you now."

"I've changed my mind," I said.

"About what?"

"About...everything," I replied. "I can't explain why, I just did."

"Am I just that sexy?" he asked cockily. I raised my eyebrows at him. "Right, sorry, enjoy the moment," he said. I laughed.

"You are to sexy for me," I replied.

"I think that's the other way around," he said. I blushed deeply.

"You're just trying to make my blush," I said, looking down at me feet.

"I like it when you blush," he explained. I felt a hand on my chin and Draco lifted my head to look at him. He was so close to me I could feel the warmth radiating from his body. Oh, I sure hope my breath doesn't stink. He leaned in closer and I felt my breath catch in my throat as I felt is breath on my lips and I tensed. "It makes...you look pretty," he said, though I could tell he was trying hard to control himself. I doubt he wanted to kiss me. He probably thought I was a horrible kisser. Oh god, what if I was?

I bit my lip. "Are you making fun of me?" I asked.

"I'm to scared to do that," he joked and leaned a little closer, if that was possible. Our lips were probably only a few centimeters apart. I was dying for him to kiss me. And he did.

He pressed his lips onto mine and all I could think was that they were so warm against my own. Our lips moved together for a while until his ran his tongue across my top lip. Sure I had kissed someone before. I had never...never made out before. What if I messed up? I opened my mouth slightly and I felt his tongue enter into my mouth. I let my hands work on their own accord and they found his hair. It was so soft.His tongue was exploring my mouth and drawing circles on the roof of my mouth. I moaned in satisfaction and I felt Draco's hands, that were on the small of my back, lower slightly so that they were resting on my butt. I pressed myself even closer to him. His hands finally made their way to my thighs and he lifted me up and I wrapped my legs round him. It felt weird, since I was wearing I skirt.  

"Aly..." he gasps, pulling away slightly, "stop...." I froze and it took me a moment to realize I had been grinding up against him. I dropped my feet to the ground as heat rushed to my cheeks. I was still breathing heavily.

"You know how people always say make-up sex is fantastic?" he asked. I glanced up at him in shock. "I can tell you, I think that make-up kiss was even better." I smiled. His hair was all ruffled and messed up. He messed it up even more by running his hands through his hair. "To bad we can't have any," he said. I could tell he was referring to sex.

"Why not?" I asked.

"We just...we can't," he said.

"You've done it with plenty of other people," I stated, "and you won't do it with me?"

"It's different," he said. I didn't want to have sex with him, but I saw an opportunity.

"I know why you won't have sex with me," I said softly.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"You can't show it to me, or you'll get in trouble," I said. "But I already know." Should I tell him? Should I really tell him? Yes...I should.

"I don't get what you're talking about," he continued, though I could tell he was nervous.

"Draco...I know you're a Death Eater," I said softly. "I don't know how you covered that mark up last week when you were wearing short sleeves, but I know you are one." He remains silent.

"I don't know what you talking about," he said finally.

"If I'm lying, or have everything wrong, prove it," I said, pointed to his left arm. He sighed.

"I can't," he replied. "How do you know?"

"I'm not sure," I said. "I just do."

"Are you going to turn me in?" he asked.

"No."

"What?" he asked. "You're not going to turn me in?"

"No, Draco. I trust that why you did this was a good reason, that there was I good reason behind it. I won't say that I like it," I said, "but I won't tell."

"Thank you," he breathed.

"What can I say," I said. He arm twitched. "Are you okay?" I saw him bite his lip.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine," he said through gritted teeth. I could hear the pain in his voice.

"Is it your mark?" I asked. He nodded, closing his eyes. "I'm not going to make fun of you if it hurts," I said. He let out a small sob and I stared at him. He was crying. Did it really hurt that bad. He sat down in the desk chair and I pulled a chair up next to him. I reached up and hesitantly touched his left arm. It was burning hot. I yanked my hand away in shock and stared at him. If it was that hot to him, how could even be controlling himself. And I had felt the heat through the fabric of his clothes. Another sob escapes his lip and he wraps his hand around his left arm, squeezing it. It was painful to watch.

"Draco...I," I pause. "I don't know what to do." I saw tears falling from his eyes and I swallowed. He didn't even bother to wipe them away, so I did for him. I reached up and wiped the tears from his face. I took this as a time to feel along his face. I ran my finger along his hairline and over his nose and until I reached his lips. I paused before running my thumb over her bottom lip.

"Stop," he said, reaching up and grabbing my hand. His voice was clear.

"I'm sorry," I said. "Has it stopped hurting?"

"Yes, there's a faint burn but it's like that all the time. You get used to it," he said.

"Why was it burning?" I asked.

"He was mad," he said. You-Know-Who was mad. I wonder who he was mad at."Are you really not going to tell anyone," he asked.

"I promise," I replied, grabbing his hand and tangling my fingers in his, "and I never break a promise."

Tada! There's your long one! Okay, so I lied, no Rachel in this one, but she will be in the next. Promise.

To the side is the outfit Aly was wearing ->

Vote, Comment, and Save <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78 0 7
For Hunter Allen, she was always seen as an outsider. In a family with five boys and a single dad she was always the odd one out. After her mother's...
152K 2.5K 19
Draco Malfoy has never had a real friend in his life before - not even Crabbe or Goyle. Then he meets Catriona Goldstein, a pure-blood witch who come...
658K 11.8K 22
Scorpius Malfoy, son of Draco Malfoy, restored his family's status in the Wizarding World using his wit and charms in Hogwarts. The dark days are ove...
442 68 31
[COMPLETED] It is Ivy Potter's second year at Hogwarts. After her first year, she has accepted the reality of being Harry Potter's missing twin siste...