My Brother's Best Friend

By JuneBaby92

Bro Code Rule # 1: “Best Friend’s Sister is Off Limits” Ruthie and Michael Rosman are as close as brother and... More

Chapter 1 ~ Introduction
Chapter 2 ~ Party
Chapter 3 ~ Michael and Remy
Chapter 5 - Confused Part One!
Chapter 6 - Confused Part Two!
Chapter 7 - She's Mine!
Chapter 8 - DATE!
Chapter 9 - Jealousy!
Chapter 10 -Two Can Play That Game!
Chapter 11 -Love You Too!
Chapter 12 -Here Comes Trouble!
Chapter 13 -Fall Out!
Chapter 14 -Choose Your Brother!
Chapter 15 -I'm Not a Child!
Chapter 16 -Pixie!
Epilogue

Chapter 4 - Double Date Kinda

18.9K 446 47
By JuneBaby92

Chapter 4 – Double Date Kinda

Let me know what you think!

Hope you enjoy!

Comment, vote, and Fan!

(Ruthie’s POV)

                                                *******************

“Remy asked my permission to accept a date with Michael,” I told Christian the next morning as we eat breakfast.

“Yeah, what you say?” he asked,

“I said yes, but there’s a catch,” I added.

“What’s the catch?” he quizzed.

“They want us to come with.”

“Like a double date?”

“Kinda.  They’ll be on and actual date, and we are just tagging along for support, on a friend date thing.” I explained.

“A friend date.” He whispered to himself walking up the stairs.

                                                            ***

“Are you sure this is okay?” Remy asked me for the hundredth time tonight.

“Remy, relax.  It’s fine.” I assured her doing her make up.

“But he is your brother,” She said.

“Remy, stop fretting, it’s really okay.” I scolding dabbing on her lip gloss.  “Now may I say you look super-hot tonight,” as she admired herself in the mirror.  Dressed in a on shoulder strap blood red top that hugged her curves and a knee length flowing black skirt topped off with black sparkle flats.

“Now your turn, get dress,” She demanded pushing some outfits towards me.  “That one for sure,”  She decided on a cute pink top that had a black lace belt under the breast and flowed over the bottom of the shirt along with my white mini skirt and simple white converse.  “Christian won’t be able to resist you, because you look sexy as hell.  If he doesn’t want you I drop Michael in second for a chance with you.”  I smiled and laughed at my crazy best friend.

“Thanks Remy, but you know Christian and I are just going to support you and Michael.” I reminded her.

“Rose, you like him right?” I nodded.

“But Remy it’s not easy he’s my brother’s best friend, and they have the whole bro code thing where best friend’s sisters are off limits.” I pointed out.

“But you don’t believe in the girl/guy codes.  You think their childish.” She declared.

“I do, but my stupid brother and about every other boy who doesn’t know how to grow up including Christian does.” I stated.

“You disappoint me child,” Remy finished as we put on the final touches and walked downstairs to our dates.

“Wow Remy you look fantastic.” Michael praised her as he kissed her cheek and led her out to the car without saying anything to me.

“You look beautiful to Pix; this is just your brother first real date.” Christian reassured me.  Yet I was a little offended that Michael said nothing to me.  I may sound childish but my brother always comments on what I wear or look like.  I love my brother; see my parents were ready for Michael but not me.  Now I’m not saying my parents don’t love me they do, but they have always favor Michael.  Yet Michael always took care and looked after me making sure I never felt less than him.  So while I may sound like a child, that what keeps us so close and I don’t want to lose that special bond we have.  “Let’s go.” He took my hand and pulling my lightly to the car.

“We’re here,” Michael announced fifteen minutes later pulling up to the Starry Night Diner.  We entered and took a booth in the back.  The Starry Night Diner is a popular place that all the kids from school hang out.  It has the best burgers and gravy fries in town.  On weeknight starting at six they usually have bands play and on Friday nights (like tonight they have open mic night.

“Hello, welcome to the Starry Night Diner my name is Judy, I’ll be your sever tonight.  What can I get you guys?” Judy, a young red hair girl, asked in a cherry tone.

“Yeah can we get four Cokes, four Burgers Supremes, and four orders of gravy fires?  With an order of large fired pickles as an appetizer.” Christian ordered for all of us our usual order.

“I thought I bring you here for a stress free relaxing date, plus I’m pretty sure Pixie is dying for their gravy fries.” Michael confessed.

Our drink and appetizer just showed up as they announced the sign up for open mic night.  “I’ll be right back,” Christian declared walking off.  Michael and I dived into the fried pickles as Remy vowed to hate pickles her whole life.  Soon Christian returned and our burgers arrive with our gravy fries.

“Oh hello, I’ve had many dreams about you,” I stated toward my fries taking a bite of one and moan at the taste savoring it, as the other laughed at me.

We were halfway done with our and so far so good, actually it was quiet annoying how mushy Remy and Michael were being it made Christian and I gag a few times.  “Up next we have and old favorite duo,” the announcer of the open mic night pronounced.

“Oh tell me you didn’t,” I whined to Christian.

“Give it up for Ruthie and Christian.” He finished as everyone clapped and cheered.  You see ever since age twelve Christian and I sang ‘Summer Lovin’ from the movie Grease, every so often and we became known as everyone favorite duo. I shook my head no but Christian pulled me up on stage and the music began as Christian and sang along and danced.

Christian: Summer lovin' had me a blast

Ruthie: Summer lovin' happened so fast

Christian: I met a girl crazy for me

Ruthie: Met a boy cute as can be

Both: Summer days driftin' away

         Uh oh those summer nights

Christian: She swam by me she got a cramp

Ruthie: He ran by me got my suit damp

Christian: I saved her life she nearly drowned

Ruthie: He showed off splashing around

Both: Summer sun

         Something’s begun

         But uh oh those summer nights

Christian: Took her bowling in the arcade

Ruthie: We went strolling drank lemonade

Christian: We made out under the dock

Ruthie: We stayed out till ten o'clock

Both: Summer fling

         Don’t mean a thing

         But uh oh those summer nights

Ruthie: He got friendly holding my hand

Christian: While she got friendly down in the sand

Ruthie: He was sweet just turned eighteen

Christian: Well she was good you know what I mean

Both: Summer heat

         Boy and girl meet

         But uh oh those summer nights

Ruthie: It turned colder that's where it ends

Christian: So I told her we'd still be friends

Ruthie: Then we made our true love vow

Christian: Wonder what she's doing now

Both: Summer dreams

         Ripped at the seams

         But oh, those summer nights

Once we finished everyone cheered as we bowed and headed back to our table yet something was off between Remy and Michael.  “Fine,” Remy yelled at Michael and headed for the front door as Michael threw down some money.

“Here you two take the keys I’ll take a cab home.” He said and also got up and left.

“Should we follow?” I asked.

“No, let them cool off plus they both have nowhere to go but the house and I pretty sure there will be screaming so let just finish out the night before going back.” He suggested as we went back to finishing our meal.

After we finished eating and listen to few more people try to sing we decided to head out to the car.  “Where to next?” Christian asked.

“I don’t know, where do you want to go?” I quizzed.

“I have an idea,” he declared and stated the car.  So we started driving and of course we had to fight over the radio station the whole time. I had finally only just as he pulled into the parking lot of the town carnival.

“You’re kidding,” I screamed with delight as he chuckled and walk around the car opening my door.

“Come on Pix,” he said grabbing my hand gently pulling me from the car as I squealed. Once we made it to the entrance and Christian paid the toll I grabbed his hand and ran in turning around looking around me.  Amazed by the colors and sound; people busing around, laughing, and talking, and babies fusing.  “I knew you love it, and I was going to bring you here after we dropped off Michael and Remy.  I though it be nice since you didn’t get to go the time Michael and me came.  Five years ago a carnival came to town and Riesa was going to take us, but I ended up getting dreadfully ill and had to miss out; while Michael and Christian went.  “What do you want to do first Pixie?”  I smiled up at him and pulled him over to the cotton candy cart.

We walk around eating cotton candy and playing that games, such as the water gun game where you shoot at a target to that raise a bar the first one the reaches the top wins.  Then there the cliché game of throwing baseball at milk bottles, where Christian won me a Pixie doll with a glitter silver (my favorite color) dress and eye color.  Then the goldfish game where you throw ping pong balls trying to get one to land in a fish bowl, I won a gold fish in that game, and several other games.  Then came the rides, bumper car which we rid a couple times chasing each other, the Carousel, the round up, Swings, the Rainbow, Mouse Trap, and last the Farris wheel.

“Are you sure you want to go on the Farris Wheel I know you have a fear of heights?” Christian questioned full of concern.

“I went on the other rides that had to deal with heights,” I answered dumbly.

“But that was different your strapped in and constantly moving, with the Farris wheel there a chance of being stuck at the very top.” He explained.

“As long as you’re with me I’ll be fine,” I told him as the person who runs the booth waved us forward and locked down our bar.  The wheel began moving and I instantly regretted my decision when Christian’s arm went around my waist holding me tightly to him.  I immediately relaxed at his touch even as it sent shivers up my back. I snuggled into his side as his apple spice sent enveloped me. I wrapped my arms around his torso as we slowly reached the top, and my faces turn pale and closed my eyes as we started to go down my stomach dropping a little.  We stopped a few times to allow more people on, every time we stopped it jerked a little and I whimpered while our seat swung in place.  Christian chest vibrated with hidden laughter and tighten his hold on me a little. We slowly began to raise towards the top again and as everyone fears we got stopped at the very top.  The man below running the ride called to everyone that they electrical problem and to be patient as they worked on fixing it.

“It’s okay Pix,” Christian assured me as I whined in fear looking down.  “Hey don’t look right at me, it’s going to be okay.” I looked up at his golden brown eyes as the searched my face landing on my lips, as he slowly lean forwards but when our lips were less than an inch apart a cracking sound erupted above us causing us to look up seeing fireworks.  We continued to watch as each firework exploded, lighting up the sky.  Christian then looked back down at me as I smiled up at him and he leaned down again pressing his lips to mine for a long gentle kiss as the ride began to move again, and he pulled away.

The ride ended and I grabbed my thing and we walked to the car in silence, Christian never removing   is arm from around my waist till we reached the car.  He opened my door for me and I slid into the car resting my head back.  As we drove down the rode not once did he try to change the radio station or fight with me as I rested my feet on the dashboard.  I leaned back and brought my hand up two fingers touching my lips still feeling his kiss as I closed my eyes falling asleep.

                                                ********************

Hope you’re enjoying this chapter!

What do you think of Christian and Ruthie friendship/relationship?

What do you thing happen between Remy and Michael?

If you have any questions you want to ask any character in the story please type the question in the comment area and they will be answered!

Please comment and vote it mean the world to me!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7K 180 36
what will happen if a 17 yo girl with trust issues falls in love with her cold brother's best friend who's 10 years older than her? read her diary t...
21.3M 445K 24
WATTPAD ORIGINAL EDITION The Bro Code says to leave no bro behind... But what happens when you have to choose between love and friendship? ...
28.8K 750 34
"Skylar...what about my brother?" The young brunette asked. "I don't give a fuck. I was taught to go after what I want. I want you." Skylar stated le...
193K 3.2K 28
Susan Reid was kept a secret for a long time. Her older brother who practically raised her made sure of it to keep her safe. When she however finishe...