Forgiven // l.h. // Book 2 in...

By HanRenJoy

"We're like the stupidest people ever." "Yeah, we kinda are." More

1. Back In Town
2. Camp
3. Old Buddies
4. Contacts
5. Sass is Back
6. Set List
((For The Record))
7. Maybe You Were Wrong, Too
((Andi's Rainbow)
8. So There's This Party
9. Get Out
10. Drop Everything And Save The Day
11. Explanations
12. On The Road To Recovery
13. The Interview
14. The Stupidest People
15. Lunch...Finally
16. Dinner, Of Course
17. One Very Important Conversation
18. Lost Time
19. Fame By Association?
20. Here We Go Again
21. Hands
22. Growing Up
23. Phone Calls and More
24. Surprise!
25. Sorta?!
27. Great Minds Think Alike
28. And On The Third Day.....
29. So Much In One Day
(( Help End This ))
30. Aftermath
31. Come Rain or Come Shine
32. Worry
Epilogue
((Youtube?))

26. Dress Shopping!

22.5K 878 449
By HanRenJoy

"Oh my gosh, you have no idea how excited I am for this!" I practically squealed as Katie, her sister Melanie, and I exited her small car. The building was large, and as the three of us approached it, I could see the various wedding dresses in the tall windows.

"Welcome to Sweetheart Bridal, do you have an appointment with us today?" A short woman with light blond hair greeted us as soon as we entered the shop. Katie nodded, giving her information to the woman. We were promptly led to a room near the back with a pedestal, some couches, and a tall, three-section mirror.

We were wedding dress shopping. On Monday, Katie had asked me if I would like to be a bridesmaid in her wedding. Of course I accepted. Who wouldn't? There were only three bridesmaids- me, her sister, who was also the maid of honor, and another woman I had yet to meet named Arden. Arden was actually on a business trip in London for the next two weeks, and had given us her measurements in case we also happened to find a bridesmaid dress that we all liked while she was away. But our main focus today was Katie's wedding dress.

"Alright ladies," Another woman bearing the same uniform as the first entered the room, beaming. "Which one of you is the lucky one?" She questioned. Katie lifted her hand a bit, signaling it was her.

After a few minutes of being told where certain dresses were located, the woman, whose name I learned to be Anita, let the three of us loose into the store to pick out some dresses for Katie to try on.

"I'm really hoping for a mermaid style dress. Maybe a sweetheart neckline? God, I have no idea." Katie enthused as we walked down the hallway. I laughed. Kendra and I may have spent hours as teenagers planning every detail of our theoretical weddings, but I knew that if I were ever in Katie's position, I'd be the exact same way.

--

"Christ, Katie! I don't know how the hell these ribbons are supposed to work!" I giggled at the complaints I heard coming from behind the curtained dressing room. It was only the third dress out of about twenty that we'd picked out, and the three of us had already been here for about an hour. My phone buzzed in my pocket, and I pulled it out. It was a text from Luke.

From: Luke
hows the dress thing going

I smiled, quickly typing a response.

To: Luke
Lots of ribbons. Haven't found the one yet.

Katie came out of the room a few moments later. The dress was cute, and certainly flattered her, but it wasn't a mermaid gown like she wanted. On to the next one. My phone buzzed yet again.

From: Luke
sounds boringg. u free tomorrow?

I huffed and rolled my eyes. This was far from boring. Dress shopping was practically my favorite thing to do ever. I remembered ninth and tenth grade homecoming being the best because Kendra and I dragged Wyatt through the mall trying on every style of dress imaginable. I'd even been able to go to one prom because Wyatt asked me since Kendra had gone and gotten her own date and left him all alone. I still had the pictures in my phone. I sent a quick 'yes' to Luke just as Katie came out with another dress.

"Oh my gosh, I love this one." I gushed, standing up and crossing the floor. It had the sweetheart neckline she'd mentioned as well as the mermaid bottom. But it was a subtle bottom, which was nice. I never mentioned it when she mentioned it, but I had a weird dislike for mermaid style dresses. This one, however, was absolutely gorgeous.

"I love it too. What do you think, Mel?" Katie turned to her sister, lifting her eyebrows in questioning. She smiled, nodding.

"I think we may have found the one, Kay." She agreed.

Katie ended up trying on about three more dresses, but in the end, we decided to cut our time short and get the one that we all loved. Then it was time for me to have my fun.

"Alrighty," I began, eyeing the colorful racks of dresses in the 'bridesmaid' section of the store. "Give me the details. What color are we going with, and short or long? Does the neckline matter?" I rattled off questions one after another. Katie laughed, pulling out a small patch of fabric with a number stapled to it.

"As long as the dress is not floor length and comes in this color, you're free to grab it." She chuckled. I squealed and snatched the fabric from her hand before turning to scamper off down an aisle of dresses.

--------

The internet exploded yesterday as pictures surfaced of a very excited Daeyna Larksen, the girl who has recently been hanging out with the guitar-playing heartthrob Luke Hemmings, entering a bridal shop with two of her friends. Rumors about the nature of Luke's relationship with the beautiful brunette lady have been flying around for weeks, though neither party has confirmed anything more than friendship. Could it be the two have been hiding a huge secret from the rest of the world? Are wedding bells going to be chiming soon? Comment below with your thoughts!

I laughed as I read the article out loud to Luke as we drove down the road. He was grinning as he sat behind the wheel, having found the article just as funny as me, considering the actual circumstances of yesterday's trip to the bridal store.

"No, I think I wouldn't be able to keep something like that a secret, to be honest. I'd be the girl to casually wave my left hand around in the hopes that everyone sees the ring." I giggled.

"I can see you doing that. Besides, I couldn't keep it from the band, and you know as soon as they found out, the world would too." Luke agreed. I laughed.

I was true, though. As soon as Cal found out, he'd probably tweet or make a keek or something. He couldn't hide secrets very well. Especially something like an engagement. Of course, this was all theory. Luke and I weren't even dating, so a wedding certainly wasn't in the near future.

"So, what did you want to do?" I asked. Luke shrugged, his gaze sweeping across the signs peppering the sides of the road.

"How about that?" He asked, pointing at a cluster of signs. "Hunter Surf Shop. They offer lessons for only $50 an hour." I lofted an eyebrow at his suggestion.

"You wanna surf?" I asked, my voice laced with skepticism. Luke shrugged flippantly.

"Why not?"

////////

Hello my lovelies! For you American readers, how was your first week of school? I hope it wasn't too stressful! Any crazy stories?

Also, just a little moment of remembrance for those lives affected by the events of 9/11. If you were at all affected, stay strong, and I'm thinking about you. Lots of love!

So, what did you think of the chapter?! Tabloids can be so silly! And surfing?! How do you think that is gonna turn out? Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the chapter, and I will see you all next time!

P.S. I finished the Peter Pan design on my wall this week and I'm super happy about it so you all should check it out on my insta. Username is hannahrennaej

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.7K 2.2K 40
We were trying. We really were. It seemed as if our previously amazing progress had come to a complete standstill. We were doomed to be nobodies. The...
162K 2K 51
@SeaveyDaniel started following you. started- 28/05/2018 completed- 22/09/2018 highest rank- #3 in danielseaveyfanfiction
658K 40.3K 104
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
6.9K 216 47
Y/n is a 16 year old girl, who doesn't have many friends and meets Niall Horan, a 17 year old, who is very popular and has lots of friends. Will they...