Second Life

By Celeswind

Jonathan is an average college student who is an introvert. His classmates and professors don't notice him wh... More

Chapter 1 New Professor
Chapter 2 Cursed you, monkey!
Chapter 3 You know what...I hate him.
Chapter 4 What are you planning...
Chapter 5 Bet & Deal
Chapter 6 All in the day work
Chapter 7 What a day
Chapter 8 Looking
Chapter 9 Camping
Update & Title Cover
Chapter 11 Name
Chapter 12 Party
Chapter 13 Morning after
A wonderful invitation
Chapter 14 Adventures much?
Chapter 15 Murphy's Law
Chapter 16 Why me
Facts about me
Chapter 17 Halloween
Intermission
Chapter 18 Someone call me?
Chapter 19 Let's the chase begin
Chapter 20 I spy with my little eyes
Chapter 21 Is this a quest, really?

Chapter 10 Banana Bus

3.8K 165 64
By Celeswind

Thank you for the votes, follows, and comments.

Sorry for taking so long to update. Firefox keeps crashing and Wattpad didn't save my drafts. Usually, I write in Wattpad then copy it in Word. Now, it the other way around. :< I did a so-so doddle of Vanoss holding Teddy from last chapter. Still thinking of the design. >.> Testing out an old tablet my brother gave me. Still learning the ropes and keeping my hands steady. >.<

I notice Wattpad change it format again. A bit confused how to use it. :/ Started to get used to the old one.

I don't own the lyric.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

The darkness always appears when to open my eyes after I log out from Second Life. The appearance of my white ceiling appears above tells me that I'm in the real world. Bright light engulf my room from the still early morning. So glad that it is the weekend that I don't have to go to class. I couldn't face Evan probably without the urge to punch that son of b!tch. Human instinct. Hah! I don't believe that. How the hell he could say that with a straight face? I don't get it. Ruffle my hair in frustrated and snatch my headgear off my head. Looking at it, the device feels fragile in my grasps.

I could destroy it...

It would solve most of my problem. No more strange feelings. No more worry. The urge to kill them... No more being myself. Playing this game feel like I remove my own mask I wear in reality. This invisible mask I wear hid me from being me. I always have to worry about being in control. Not delirious. Always be in control of my physical and non-physically bounds. It's stressful.

My stomach growls as a reminder its needs food. I push myself upward, stretch, and let the headgear bounce onto my bed. I glance at my door then back to gear.

I can deal those guys later. I just need to calm myself and push it down somewhere. How long could I make them wait? Probably not too long. I don't need complaints of my absence and slowing them down added to the list. My stomach complains louder for its need of food.

First thing first.

Food then I can sort things later.

I take a quick look at my sister's door before my quest for food. The door is close. I guess she's either still sleeping or playing. Who know what that woman was doing. I walk pass her door to the kitchen and head straight to the fridge. Maybe I can find a quick meal or something. Not in the mood to actually cook some real food.

Opening the fridge for any quick meals then I realize there was none. What the? Even worse, there barely any food left! I don't have the patience to let any frozen food thaw. I can't cook with this. Look into the cabinets, there nothing edible to eat either!

What the hell?

Who ate all the food?

I slam the cabinet door in annoyed and look at the table. A piece of paper just laid there all innocent among the mess I created. I pick the paper to read it.

Jon, food supplies is low. It's your turn to get food. I'm going to check out the new store for any opening sale and yes I take the car.

Jennifer.

P.S.

And yes again I ate all the food. ;)

B!tch.

"You got to be kidding me!

Really this early?! For what! Shopping? That woman! The car is gone and how the hell I'm going to get to the market now? Too lazy to actually walk there so that means I have to find another mean to transport. Uh...Which one? Oh, I know! A bus! I head back to my room and grab some clothes. Dress in my favorite blue sweater over my plain t-shirt, jean, and some sneakers. I grab my wallet with some money and head out the door. That money my parent sent monthly for bills, foods, and extra.

Running toward the nearest transportation point, I wait for the bus appears. After some time, a yellow bus came. Looking it looks like a banana. I chuckle at this. Alright, I'm calling it the banana bus. The banana bus stop and open its doors I step it, paid for the transit fee and sit in the back. The bus was filling some passengers waiting to go to their daily whatever they do in the morning. Not big fan of public transit yet there the banana bus amuse me.

Banana bus~

We can go wherever we can~

Banana bus~

I hum the catchy tone in my head. Something to keep my thoughts busy. Hunger pain is making me delirious and carving food. Foood! I need it. C'mon banana driver! Drive faster. Man, I wish at least Teddy was here. I could squeeze it soft paws or cheeks and we could complain how slow this bus is. God, it's so boring waiting for the ride to end. At least, the scenery was a bit amusing to look at. I lean my head against the smudged window watching it go by. The banana bus stops few times before it made it stop at the market.

At the market, I grab some drinks, snacks, quick meals, and cookies that would last maybe a few days or so. Hey, she took the car so I can't carry any more than a couple bags. It's payback for taking the damn car when she force me/know I'm going to buy some foods. After paying and exiting the store, I walk back to the bus stop. Letting out a hum of banana bus song I wait until another banana bus arrives then sit in the empty back. Setting my bags on the chair beside me, I dug out some chips and start mumbling as the scenery go by. I let my mind wander as the banana bus continues to move.

Someone tap my shoulder but the dirty glass was hard to see reflection inside the bus. I let out a silent growl.

"Excuse me is this seat taken?" The person question. I could feel the heat of that person's hand off my shoulder.

Can't you see that I want to be alone? I let out a sigh and look at the person and froze.

What the hell?! How did he? Wasn't he in the game before I left?

Evan sheepish smile "Everywhere is taking." What? I look over his shoulder to see it was true.

Looking back at him, the urge was too strong. I let my fist fly impact his face. My smile widens as blood spil-

What was I doing? Mind wanders again.

Focus.

Wait...Did I miss my stop? Turn my head to read the nearest sign and let out another sigh. I'm not that far from my home another block or two before my stop.

He took my expression as something else, "I rather sit with someone I know than a stranger." He pulls a pleading look. "Please?" But you don't know me in the real world. I'm just your student here.

Although I rather not look much of ass with people are staring as I would do it in-game. Ok, Jonathan. Stay frosty. Do it.

"...Fine." I emotionless answer, and take my bags off the extra chair.

"Thank you." He says in relief and sits down next to me holding a bag that smell of food, and that damn smile. Fucker! That's it. He's stalking me. I call it! I can't escape in either world.

(Bold is Jonathan's thought respond toward Evan)

"It's was quite strange seeing you here." Evan smile. What? Didn't expect me here bastard?

"Not talking. I see." He digs into his bag and pulls out a bagel sandwich. The captivating smell was so good. Way better than chips. Evan notices this too. He waves the bagel around and I couldn't help but follow it. Food!

"Want it?" I WILL snap your arm if you keep tempting me. I refuse to be tempted by a b-delicious looking bagel sandwich with...Is that Philly?

"No." I refuse and turn my head to the glass. I'm strong, but that... sandwich. Stay strong. Evan, you will pay for this.

"Got you to talk," He smirks. I hate you. I truly do.

"I feel like we were on the wrong foot." No shit, Sherlock.

"I'm Evan and you're Jonathan." I nod and glare at him.

"Silent again o silent one." Fuck you.

"So, you were humming a song?" he mimics the banana song with a few mistakes. "It's catchy."

This song demand to be perfect so I hum the song for him. He repeats it perfectly and smiles when he got it right.

"What's it called?"

"Banana bus." I gave out a small smile then realize something as we share a smile.

We are bonding through humming.

I'm done. I'm walking the rest of the way. I squeeze him and run to the front of the banana bus.

"I passed my stop."

The banana driver was kindly enough to stop at the light for me. I pay him a bit extra for his problem then book it.

Freedom!

I ran some distance away. I could kiss the ground if it wasn't so dirty. Away from him till I'm in-game or school...Oh well. Now I have to walk about at least block away.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seem the chapter post. Wattpad says an error and turn it into a draft yet it say publish in work and didn't update my page. So I wasn't sure if it did or not.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.9K 4.1K 23
[One day I will rewrite the first 11 chapters because they are complete crap] [Cover Artwork: Snoeflake on DevianArt] [Theme Song: Christina Perri...
39K 2K 35
Three years later... The crew has grown in ways they never imagined and their lives on YouTube are more popular than they ever were in high school. T...
12.2K 750 16
[✅] c o m p l e t e d [✅] When Evan's Girlfriend ends up cheating on him, Jon makes an attempt at helping him with his problems. His plans backfire a...
115K 3.5K 26
A boy that suffered from anorexia nervosa moved from his home town to Canada with his currently abusive mother and scared sister. With no one to go t...