Warrior Cats: Cleardawn's Sil...

By harleyquiinnxo

#Wattys2016 #feels *BOOK ONE of the CDS Series* *UNDER MAJOR EDITING* *SLOW UPDATES* :-: What would you do if... More

Allegiances
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Authors Note
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Authors Note (2)
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Authors Note
Authors Note (4)
Chapter 29
Authors Note (5)
Authors Note (6)
Chapter 30
Authors Note (7)
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 28

4.2K 206 246
By harleyquiinnxo

Silence thickened the air as our stares were locked and wouldn't dare to budge even if we tried to force them apart, until a groan shattered the quietness that filled the atmosphere.

All eyes were suddenly landed on Flamestar, the blood that was seeping out of his chest had stopped, but the remains of flesh and dried blood were matted on the wound with large drops of red on the ground.

He was awake!

Flamestar glanced around, his eyes glazed and mystified as he examined the lurking cats.

Snowfall was about to slash out at him, but a flash of blue-gray flung onto her, spitting and hissing with rage.

My mother, startled by the sudden impact, tried to thrash free from the tom's grasp, but it was no use.

My eyes brightened when I recognized the familiar pelt as Jumpingjay. His usual calm and sweet blue eyes were now sorrowful and infuriated while his sleek fur was matted and bristling.

The uprising cats started to face toward the small tom, their eyes turning dark and wary. Sydney faced towards Jumpingjay, her tail beginning to rise.

I knew what was coming. The moment she flickered her tail, the mob of cats would swallow Jumpingjay into a blur of claws and tails.

My siblings were frozen in fear, and I knew I had to stop her.

Bunching up my muscles, crouching down with my fur flat, I watched intently for a split second before I leapt with all the force I could manage.

I flung myself at Sydney, my claws already sinking into her flesh as I stopped her from making the harmful flick of her tail that could easily skin Jumpingjay alive immediately.

Spitting and hissing, I lashed out at all the tender areas I could possibly manage, triumph washing over me like a wave as I noticed the thick ooze of blood drenching the white pelt of Sydney. I took multiple blows to the head, almost stumbling off my paws from the impact, but still managed to have a firm grip on the she-cat.

Sydney tussled me so I was on the ground, our claws clinging to each other's fur as we both battled to see who could rake the most fur and blood.

Sydney won. My mind became heavy, my eyes becoming a thick glaze as I blindly tried to be released from her.

I could feel the weird sensation of blood pooling out of me as she kept kicking her hind legs into my belly, knocking the air out of me so much that I thought I was going to die.

Her claws scoring my flesh like I was made of ash, her front paws whacking my head furiously, until all of a sudden the weight above me vanished.

I lay there, breathing heavily with blood soaking into the ground.

I glared at who my savior was, and I could see the familiar pelt of Sparrowdusk.

His muscles gleamed like the shining sun above as he viciously attacked Sydney, his white claws already stained.

His gray pelt was being splattered with dirt for at times he would miss her from her impressive dodging and kick the mud instead.

I watched in awe while Featherflight and Duststorm bounded towards me with a herd of cats behind them. "We managed to snap them out of their shock in a matter of time. Are you alright?" Featherflight acknowledged, helping me to my paws.

I shook my pelt, my eyes dazed as I gazed back at my savior.

Stormstrike rushed up to me with long strides, staring at me with a worried glance. "Are you alright?" He meowed softly.

I nodded solemnly, giving a small, half-hearted smile.

Reedwater bounded over to Duststorm, licking his ear in relief. "Dear StarClan, you scared me!" He exclaimed nervously. "The way you boisterously yowled in camp, I thought a pack of foxes were eating you alive!"

Duststorm chuckled, flicking his ear gently with his tail tip.

I smiled happily at them, encouraging their relationship as it seemed to grow more and more as time progressed.

I turned towards Stormstrike, opening my mouth to speak, but soon closing it when I realized he had gone to chat with Featherflight.

I returned my gaze back towards the swarm of rivaling cats, realizing that many of ours started to shake some sense into them.

Their glazed eyes started to return to normal, and some looked around confusedly as if they didn't know where they were.

"Shoo! Return to your territory. This is FlameClan's and we need none of your mishap." A familiar voice roared, frightening some of the cats. It was Lionclaw.

Tigerflower and Applefall were shuffling towards the cats, forcing them to back up as they started to turn tail and run.

Sunpetal, Vipertooth, Volepaw, and Deerpath soon joined in to release the cats to their proper home.

Sydney was snarling in anger that we managed to renew the cats memory and return them safely and soundly to their homes.

Snowfall was struggling out of the many cats that had helped Jumpingjay, hissing and slashing out blindly at any pelt she could manage.

Sparrowdusk was reunited with Hawksoar, Darkgaze and Poppyseed who were helping him keep Sydney firmly planted to the ground.

I spotted the familiar pelt of Sandpatch, his gaze trailing towards Snowfall as he examined his former mate.

I watched him intently, wondering what his reaction would be.

He padded towards her, and I stalked forward so I could hear what he was saying.

"What did you feed those cats?" He asked calmly.

Snowfall stared up at him, rage sparkling in her eyes. "You traitor! You tried to kill me! You thought Dog Bone was me, didn't you? Is that it? You pathetic excuse for a warrior! More like a flea-bagged foxheart!"

Sandpatch stayed absolutely still, her words not bothering him as he returned her harsh gaze.

"What did you feed those cats?" He repeated.

Snowfall narrowed her eyes, Jumpingjay and his crew holding her down so she wasn't able to slash out at my father. "I fed them Devil's Breath."

Confused glances were aimed at her. "What is that?" A cat yowled.

She sighed, looking away. "I moved in with a Twoleg the moment I ran away from the Clan... I thought I would be safe, but I was wrong. My Twoleg was a... What did they call it? Oh yeah. They were a drug... Addict? Is that it? I think. Anyways, he had these flower things, and he kept on smashing them into dust or pulp, and he blew it on people who walked by his house. They fainted, but he told them what to do and they followed him around. They would wake up from their possession somewhere where they didn't recognize. I stole some leaves and did what he did with these cats after he was taken away by other Twolegs in gray twigs."

All eyes were widened. Even Sydney's.

Did she not know about this? I wondered.

"How come you didn't tell me about this? You lied to me saying you were granted a power by the Dark Forest so we could rule the Clans. How come we haven't used this 'Devil's Breath' with Sandpatch and Flamestar?" She hissed tartly, her eyes narrowed with an unexplainable expression.

Snowfall bared her teeth in defense. "Because if I told you I know you'd take advantage of it."

Sydney scoffed. "Yeah right, like you haven't already?"

"I was just trying to protect myself and my kits!"

Silence blurred the commotion until the tension between the two cats died down and Sydney's face became flat. "Of course you did. Because you're selfish."

I stepped forward, anger bubbling inside of me. "She's lying." I stated, glaring at Sydney. "How can you not know that by now? She doesn't want to protect us. She wants us to be hurt. Grieved by the loss of her fake death. She's selfish, like you say, but she's not trustworthy."

Sydney stared at me. Her eyes seemed to be a collected respect. "I understand." She meowed flatly, returning her gaze towards Snowfall. "I guess I can't trust you anymore."

My mother managed to get to her paws, Jumpingjay and the rest of the guards making sure she wouldn't break free as her tail lashed furiously. "I'm not selfish! I'm trustworthy! The whole reason this mess started was when Sandpatch threatened me!"

All eyes were immediately placed on Sandpatch, his tail twitching irritably.

"You wanna know the reason why I threatened you?" He asked smoothly, his eyes blazing.

Snowfall nodded, her eyes narrowed.

"I was scared for you. I wanted you to leave. Dog Bone was going to kill you. And yes, I was the one who killed him. I was protecting Flamestar and you. He was looking for you when he was prowling through our territory and I knew if I didn't do something right then, you would be crow-food." Sandpatch exclaimed, his eyes glittering with tears.

I twitched my whiskers.

He then glanced at us, his kits, consideration gleaming in his eyes.

"And I've always loved you."

Duststorm curled his lip in the beginning of a snarl. "Sure you do. Ignoring us and not telling us the truth, sure seems like love to me."

Sandpatch shook his head, padding towards us. "You don't understand."

"You're right on that." Featherflight retorted, unsheathing and sheathing her claws.

"I never wanted to hurt you. I couldn't tell you that Snowfall was alive because I knew you'd struggle with the fact that she left you." He explained softly, looking at me with grieved eyes.

I held back a cringe.

"Well, telling the truth would've been better." I muttered.

"I made a mistake."

I sighed, bowing my head.

"It's hard to forgive someone who I always thought hated me."

Sandpatch nodded understandingly. "I know. But I've always wanted to be a good father. I never meant for this to turn out like this."

I stared up at him, gazing at him.

"I know."

All of a sudden, Flamestar limped towards us, both our eyes widening in shock.

"We should get Ashcloud." Duststorm acknowledged, glancing at his leader uneasily.

Flamestar flicked his tail, signaling to him to be silent. "Later."

He stared at Sandpatch. "I think it's time that we forgave."

My father stared at me, and for the first time in forever (A/N: IN THE FIRST TIME IN FOREVER... Okay sorry) I could see a sign of respect, care and love.

Our eyes locked for the longest moment, that I thought it would never break, until he finally said the words I wish he said long ago.

"I'm sorry."

(Hey Batcats!
Thank you so much for your patience.
I was struggling with some problems but now they've calmed.
This chapter was very long because it's my apology.
I hope you enjoyed it!
Thanks for over 10k reads and 1k votes!
I can't believe we've come this far!!!
I also hope you liked the slight romance. I think you get the hint who's going to be with who...
Anyways thanks for reading, commenting, sharing, and voting for this story!
It means a LOT to me!
Love you!!!
Peace ✌🏼
~Cleo)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

342K 7.3K 34
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
841K 33.3K 44
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
291K 8.9K 80
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
140K 5K 39
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024