You Mean The World To Me (Zia...

By shimefuan

Niall has been working as a personal assistant to the lively, rambunctious boys of One Direction. But he has... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Author's Note v3
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68

Chapter 12

2.6K 92 239
By shimefuan

Hello, everyone! Here I am again to post for this week's update. This chapter is the longest one I've written so far with 18 pages containing 8.2K words. I don't know what I was thinking to write something like this. I might have gone crazy. There's a big scene for Zayn in this chapter that I'm sure all of you will squeal, cry, wail, or whatever you do. So enjoy. I'm still going to advertise my Twitter for those who wanted to follow me and read spoilers about this book. Follow me at @Shime_TheWriter.

This chapter is dedicated to yin-and-yang for being my second follower in Twitter. I enjoy our chat in Twitter. Thanks :)
*****
Fear crept up on Zayn, feeling helpless. As Niall's life was hanging by a thread, Zayn prayed that someone would reverse this gut-wrenching moment. As instincts kick in, he started pumping Niall's chest, performing CPR to save Niall before he reached for the eternal light. Zayn counted five pumps before checking Niall's mouth if air was coming out. The adrenaline rushed in his bloodstream as he encountered this life-and-death moment.

Zayn looked down at the unconscious blonde on the floor, not responding to his immediate action. He gulped at what he's going to do next. It is necessary for Niall to stay alive. Zayn used his right hand, pinching Niall's nose, closing it. Zayn felt the tingling sensation as he leaned closer to Niall's lips.

I hope this works...

Using his own lips, Zayn pressed against Niall. The soft, tantalizing sensation of Niall's lips warming up against his was making Zayn really horny at the same time. Once he realized that he was being turned on by his action, he snapped at his hormones and focus on saving Niall. Zayn breathed hard as he blew air into Niall's mouth. He did that for three times before pumping Niall's chest again. Not a moment later, Niall coughed out loud, rocking his entire body as if he was being electrocuted. A sense of relief escape from Zayn as soon as he saw Niall was breathing again.

"What happened?" Niall asked, his voice was hoarse, wiping the back of his hand against his mouth. Zayn felt his cheeks reddening, recalling that he touched Niall's lips for the first time. Does it even count as a kiss, knowing the other party was unconscious? Zayn hoped not. But either way, he was glad that the blonde was alive and kicking, and felt the pink, plump lips of the love of his life. He bet that once they kissed for real, it would be fucking fantastic.

"I found you here on the floor unconscious," Zayn explained, still looking at the blonde cautiously just in case he faint once again. He needed to prepare himself for the worst case scenario. "You scared me to death."

"Sorry, I ju―" Niall answered. Immediately, he felt a stabbing pain from his chest, making him hard to breathe. Niall clutched to his chest, hoping that excruciating feeling would disappear.

Zayn panicked as the scene unfolds right before his eyes. He rushed towards Niall's side, supporting the blonde. "Niall, what's wrong!"

"My... chest... It... hurts..." Niall wheezed with every word. He breathed hard, forcing his lungs to take much oxygen as much as it can. He grabbed on Zayn's arm as he was about to pass out again.

"I'm going to call the hospital. You need immediate medical help," Zayn stated, fishing out his phone from his pocket. But before he could press the numbers on the gadget, a warm hand grabbed on him. Zayn looked down and sees Niall with a conviction in those blue eyes.

"Please don't..."

"Niall, this is your body telling you to slow down," Zayn said, his voice filled with concern and fear. "I don't know what I'll do if I lose you..." He bit the inside of his cheek to prevent the watery beads from flooding his eyes.

Those golden amber eyes were filled with sincerity, Niall noticed, and feeling a bit special. Although, he wanted to agree with Zayn, he couldn't. He might end up again in the hospital bed, resulting for paying unnecessary bills and that is something that Niall could not do at this moment. He was running little on money; he still has to come up with how he's going to pay for Theo's medical treatment for this month. For the meantime, Niall was going to endure the excruciating pain in his chest; he hoped he wasn't going to die from this.

"Just get me my medication in the kitchen cabinet," Niall breathed hard, his blue eyes pleaded. Even if Zayn wanted to argue with Niall, it was pointless either way. He gently put Niall down on the ground, sprinting where the medication was. After a couple of seconds, the four small bottles were shaking in his hands, confused which medication was the right one.

"Which o-one?" Zayn squeaked his voice. The fear was still inside his mind, picturing Niall lying down in a coffin.

"The blue one."

Zayn opened the bottle with small pills on it, handing it to Niall. He saw how Niall swallowed the pills. Niall's Adam apple bobbed slowly as it became a seductive sight for Zayn. As the sexual urges bothered Zayn, making him want to jump Niall, and have his way with him but Niall's health took precedence over anything. Somehow, that made Zayn a little bit distracted.

"Niall..." Zayn called out. Niall turned, seeing those blue eyes that captured his life essence. Zayn slowly swallowed the big lump of saliva lodging at the back of his throat. "You need to―" A loud ringing sound halted Zayn's words. He scoffed off before pushing himself up and reaching for the home phone, answering it.

"Hello..."

"May I speak with Mr. Horan?" A familiar voice talking on the other line. Zayn looked down at Niall on the ground, staring at him with a questioning look.

"Hold on," he answered, handing the phone to Niall.

"Hello?" Niall replied, trying to stabilize his squeaky voice.

"Good morning, Mr. Horan. This is Dr. Thompson," Niall heard the familiar voice, recalling the same doctor who tended him when he was rushed to the hospital weeks ago. He wondered why he would call on his home phone.

"What's this about, Dr. Thompson?"

"I've received a call from the pharmacy, letting me know that you haven't picked up your medication." Fear spread through within Niall, knowing that he couldn't pay for the rest of his medication. When he left the hospital, he stalled and lied, telling the doctor that he'll pick it up right away. The prescribed medicines weren't covered by his health insurance and Niall couldn't afford them right now. He might as well live off on streets in able to pay for his pills.

The overwhelming need to eavesdrop took control over Zayn as he eavesdrop on the phone conversation. At the back of his mind, he knew it was wrong at so many levels because when it comes to Niall, reason and logic doesn't matter at all. Being in the right or wrong don't apply anymore. Zayn has this unyielding notion of protecting Niall at all costs. He noticed Niall became nervous all of a sudden, wondering what could cost it.

"Oh, I totally forgot," Niall chuckled, lying through his teeth. He looked down at the four pill bottles scattered on the floor. He picked them one by one, shaking them, making a rattling sound. Niall knew that the pills would last for another three days or so. "I'll pick them up later."

"Good, Mr. Horan. And remember, there's a reason why these are called maintenance medication. You have to take them on a regular basis, meaning every day. I'm sure you know what that means, Mr. Horan."

Niall nodded, fully understanding what the doctor was saying. His mind already made up to stop taking his medications altogether. Niall was unable to pay for them so he was going to risk his health in exchange for his low finances. But when he noticed that he's getting worse then

he'll buy it again and by that time, Niall hoped that he has enough money to buy them.

"Yes, Dr. Thompson. I understand it very well," Niall smiled but he knew deep inside he was worried that his heart would fail him anytime of the day.

"Okay, that's all, Mr. Horan. Have a nice day."

"You too," Niall replied, handing the phone to Zayn who was observing him cautiously. Niall wondered why Zayn was looking at him like that as if he was being studied in a laboratory setting.

Zayn heard it very well―the phone conversation. The one question boggling his mind was why the blonde was so anxious about talking to the doctor. He recalled that the blonde frowned when he saw Niall shook the pill bottles. What if...

"Thank you, Zayn," Niall smiled when Zayn reached out for the phone.

"Let's go."

Niall turned to Zayn. The questioning look was still present on Zayn. It was making him uncomfortable seeing it on Zayn.

"Go where?" Niall asked, still confused with Zayn.

"To the pharmacy to pick up your medications."

"How did you―"

"I heard what Dr. Thompson said," Zayn answered, but he quickly raised his finger because he knew what Niall was thinking. He acted before the Niall could protest against him. "I know what you're thinking right now but Dr. Thompson is right. There's a reason why you need to take those pills," Zayn recalled the moment when Niall was being tended by those paramedics in his hotel room. A mixture of dread and horror spread within him as he heard those paramedics saying that Niall's heart stopped. Zayn doesn't want to happen again, his world would crash down when Niall met his demise.

"I can't, Zayn," Niall answered, his voice filled with anguish and pain. He gazed away Zayn. He has a valid reason why he can't buy those medications.

"Why?" Zayn asked. He was terrified that if Niall didn't take the necessary medicines, then one day, he would find the blonde dead in this flat. And that's one thing that Zayn doesn't want to happen.

"I... I..." Zayn saw the hesitation in those blue eyes. "I don't need them right now. Don't worry about me, Zayn. I feel fine!"

Zayn caught himself gasping, astonished by the words escaping from the blonde's lips. Something snapped inside Zayn and raised his voice, "How could you even say that? You fainted here on the floor and your chest is tightening in pain, and now you're telling me you're fine!" Zayn snarled. "I don't think you're seeing the implication of you neglecting your health!"

Niall was scared as Zayn spitting out his rage at him. But with overwhelming feeling beating inside of him, Niall was still glad that Zayn was concern about him even after what they went through.

"I'm scared that I will lose you, Niall..." Zayn ducked down beside the blonde, enveloping him with his skinny arms. "I'm willing to give up everything but not you, Niall..." Zayn felt the tears rolling down against his cheeks bones. He couldn't imagine life without Niall.

Niall was startled when he felt a drop of liquid, dampening his forehead, realizing that Zayn was crying for him. Now, he was starting to feel guilty that his health was impacting Zayn. He didn't realize it until now. Niall slowly pushed himself up, facing Zayn. Seeing those golden amber eyes, glossed with tears as Zayn's mouth twitched involuntarily with sadness felt so wrong with Niall. He felt like something was tugging at his heartstrings. Niall knew that Zayn was emotional but not to this level. He extended his arms, running his thumb, wiping away the tears. He smiled and said, "Don't worry, Zayn. I'll always be your little brother even after death..."

Hearing those words from Niall, Zayn got even sadder. After realizing that the love he felt for the blonde was not brotherly love, but love intended for being more than that, Zayn knew that he has to hold on for these emotions a while longer because the blonde doesn't need any more distractions so he lied.

"What about your family? What's going to happen to them?" Zayn saw a change of expression on Niall. He knew voicing them out was wrong, making Niall even more aggrieved, but Zayn knew that he was making the right choice even hurting Niall. It was not like he was doing it on purpose.

Niall feared for his family if he kept ignoring his health. Zayn made sure of that point coming across to him. And now, Niall was stuck between his unstable health and finances sitting heavily on his shoulder. Of course, Niall wanted to address them both but he only can choose one. Which one is better in the long run?

"You're right, Zayn," Niall said, his voice was still filled with worry. "Those medications, I can't afford them. They weren't included in my insurance."

It was as if Zayn was being punched in his gut. And now it made sense. That's why Niall kept avoiding the issue of him buying the pills.

"If I buy them, I would lose the money intended for my rent. If I don't buy them, I will most likely to die and it will affect my family back in Ireland..."

And now, Zayn was feeling guilty for cornering Niall. If he knew that the situation was this dire, he wouldn't push Niall over the edge. It was starting to look like that he was bullying Niall for his own agendum.

"I'll pay them for you," Zayn suggested. That's the only way he knows how to help Niall without losing the rent money and not risking Niall's health.

Niall was more than surprised after hearing Zayn. He wouldn't expect for Zayn to recommend something like that. Of course, he was happy for Zayn to help him out, but at the same time, he felt that it was wrong for him to take Zayn's money.

Zayn felt a sigh of relief escaping from him when he saw a smile etching on Niall. He thought everything would be okay not until the smile on Niall turned into a frown.

"I can't do that..."

"Why?" Zayn asked, starting to get annoyed. "I don't understand why you would decline my suggestion."

Niall stared down those persistent golden amber eyes. "I can't take your money, Zayn. It doesn't feel right."

"Doesn't feel―What are you talking about?" Zayn was starting to lose his patience. He knew that Niall was stubborn but not this so damn tenacious. Zayn found his hand grasping to his scalp, wanting to pull out every single strand of his raven-colored hair.

"It's your money. You work hard to earn it. I have no right to ask you to give it to me," Niall reasoned. He has been raised in a family where principle was planted in his brain ever since he could remember. Niall grew up believing that asking for money was the same as stealing.

"Damn it, Niall!" Zayn hissed, his mouth was twitching with exasperation. He visualized in his head that a fog of smoke was coming out of his ears. "This is for you own good. I don't care if it's right or not!"

"No, I won't take your money. I don't want our relationship to be tainted with money," Niall firmly stood his ground. He has his own belief system and it was there for a reason. Niall might be poor, but his principle won't ever change at all.

"Our relationship?" The anger within Zayn slowly dissipated as he heard those words. A smirk was slowly etching into his mouth as the image of him and Niall being together flashed before his very eyes.

Niall witnessed how a grin showed up on Zayn. He wondered why Zayn was grinning back at him. Did he say something?

Zayn shortened the distance between them, enveloping Niall with his arms. He placed a gentle kiss on the top of Niall's head, filled with love and adoration. All the negative energy were expelled in his body and whispered, "Niall, you know I would do anything for you. Please, give me this..."

Niall felt the heart-warming kiss placed at the top of his head. A reddish pigmentation spread across his cheeks, messing up his complexion. He couldn't help but to bite his bottom lip to prevent himself from screaming with happiness. All he could do was to nod after hearing Zayn's words.

"Okay then, let's get your medication."
*****
"Why are we here?" Niall questioned, looking around inside Zayn's flat. He turned around, seeing Zayn standing behind him, holding the plastic bag containing of Niall's medicine.

"You'll be staying here," Niall was astounded, feeling his jaw dropped to the ground after hearing Zayn. His blue eyes widened in shock.

"I can't stay here. I have my own flat," Niall disagreed, shaking his head.

"Yes, you'll stay here," Zayn stated with a firm tone in his voice. "I ain't letting you stay in your flat all by yourself until we stabilize your health."

"But I feel fine," Niall said, patting his chest over his heart. "As strong as a rhinoceros." He chuckled.

"Ha-ha, funny, Niall," Zayn mocked. "I still won't let you stay by yourself. Who knows what'll happen to you if I didn't tackle your door?"

"Speaking of that," Niall said, placing his arms over his chest, his brows furrowed together as he tapped his left foot impatiently. "What are you gonna do with my door?" But then a shocking thought came over the blonde that made him scared for his life. "Oh my God, if my landlord saw the remaining pieces of the door scattered on the floor, he will for sure evict me!"

"I'll get it fixed, okay?" Zayn reassured the panicky blonde. Being hysterical was the last thing Zayn wanted for Niall, considering he has this heart condition. For now, Zayn needed for Niall to calm down before going to another cardiac arrest. "Look, I'll call for someone right now," Zayn waved his phone towards Niall, showing him that he was finding a solution to their problem. Zayn called a handyman.

Niall was starting to feel relieved as he watched Zayn talking on his phone to a handyman to repair his demolished door. He looked around, taking every single detail of the flat. He had been here before but never stayed more than necessary because sometimes Perrie had this unannounced visits. And Niall knew that Perrie hated his guts already so he tried his best to stay away from her as much as he can. He doesn't want to give Perrie more ammunition to kill him figuratively.

Niall found himself sitting on the brown leather sofa with a small, antique coffee table in front of it. He reached over for the magazine placed on top of the coffee table and started flipping pages. As he saw the images on the page, he couldn't comprehend it because his mind was flying off somewhere. He thought of what's going to happen in the next few days most especially if Perrie suddenly made a surprise visit. He visualized in his head her fair complexion turning red like a tomato when she sees him staying at her boyfriend's flat. There's no telling what'll Perrie do―Niall could kiss his personal assistant job goodbye.

Niall looked over, seeing Zayn was still on his phone, talking to the handyman. He was tempted to escape from the flat and goes back to his own flat, but he's one hundred percent sure that Zayn will go after him.

As Zayn was pacing around the doorstep, he felt a gaze directed at him. He turned, seeing a pair of concerned blue eyes staring at him.

"Look, can you just fix it tonight? I'll pay triple for your rate, okay?" He said before ending the call. Zayn walked towards the sofa and sit beside the blonde. He noticed the apprehension in those sapphire-colored eyes, making him uncomfortable.

"Don't worry, Niall. The handyman will repair your door right now. I already made the call. Before your landlord could make a round visit on your building, the door will be good as new," Zayn explained, calming Niall as much as he can. But the apprehension behind those eyes never disappeared which made him a bit confused.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

Niall tried opening his mouth, wondering if he should tell Zayn what he was thinking. But at the same time, he can't just leave Zayn without explanation.

"You know you can tell me anything, I'm not gonna judge you," Zayn said, reaching out for the blonde's left hand, caressing it. The sensation of Niall's soft hand against his was making Zayn giddy inside.

"I can't stay here," Niall said, looking intently at those golden amber eyes. He saw the sudden change of expression on Zayn from smiling to a frown.

"Why?" Zayn was disappointed hearing those words. It was as if someone stabbed him in the chest, doing it repeatedly.

"Look, I'm not trying to deliberately hurt you but Perrie is―"

"Perrie?" Zayn growled, his blood was starting to boil in his bloodstream. "She has nothing to do with this."

"Let me explain first," Niall said, pressing the stiff hand of Zayn on top of his small hand gently. "Perrie is angry enough at me and when she sees me in here, who knows what'll she do?"

Zayn inhaled deeply, filling his lungs with oxygen as he closed his eyes, purging all the negative thoughts swimming in his head as he exhaled then opening his eyes one again. He processed those words carefully. Although he didn't want to agree with Niall, but he has a point. His girlfriend was too hostile when it comes to their assistant. But no matter what happens, he will protect Niall.

"Don't worry about it, okay? She won't be coming around here anymore," Niall paused, trying to understand the words coming from Zayn.

"What do you mean?" Niall squeaked, fearing for the worst.

"Let's say that I did something that made her think twice before crossing me ever again," Zayn firmly said, his other hand clenched into a fist.

"W-what did you do?" Niall's mouth twitched anxiously.

"It's nothing to be concerned of," Zayn said, his eyes were smiling back at Niall. He scooched over, shortening the distance between them as he placed a gentle kiss on Niall's forehead. Then, he hugged Niall, enclosing him underneath his arms. The fruity scent of Niall seeped through his nose, making him smile. "I'll always protect you, Niall..."

A reddish tint was visible on Niall's cheek after hearing those words. Niall was starting to get confused on why Zayn suddenly become very sweet to him. He felt like that Zayn was hiding something from him. But either way, he was not going to investigate it as long as they were in good terms with one another. Even though, Niall has still strong feelings for Zayn, he cannot pursue it any further because he was willing to give Aiden a fighting chance. An opportunity that would lead him to his happiness.

Niall slowly pulled away from Zayn, smiling back at him and said, "Thank you. It really meant a lot to me."

"No problem, Niall," Zayn smiled back, his heart fluttered with bliss.

The heaviness of his eyelids, Niall fought back to kept them open as much as he can. The uncontrollable yawn escaped from his mouth. The only solution he could think of was a cup of coffee.

"You need rest after all you've been through today," Zayn suggested, gently swept the blonde strands poking the mesmerizing blue eyes that he loved.

"Okay," Niall nodded. "Can I borrow some pillow and a blanket?"

"It's in my bedroom. I'm sure you know where it is."

"Yes," Niall answered, pushing himself up then walking towards the bedroom, gathering the items he needed before stepping out.

Zayn was puzzled when he saw Niall carrying a pillow tucked under his left arm and a blanket on the other arm.

"Where are you taking that?" He asked.

"I just asked you if I can borrow a pillow and a blanket, remember?"

"Yes, but I meant you staying in my bed," Zayn said; astonishment was dripping off from his voice.

"If I sleep in your bed, where will you sleep?" Niall asked. The pillow was starting to slip off from under his arm.

"We will sleep in the same bed."

The shock hits Niall unexpectedly as the pillow slipped off and fall to the floor. He quickly bent over picking it up. But when he looked up, the seriousness on Zayn was letting him know that Zayn wasn't making any joke.

"What are you talking about?" Niall decided to chuckle as a response using a dry humor. "We can't stay in the same bed."

"Why not?"

"Because..." Niall tried his best to come up to counter Zayn, but the same expression never dissipated from Zayn.

"Because what?" Zayn stared at the blonde, noticing that Niall was starting to become fidgety and anxious.

"I can't think of any good reason right now, but I'm sure that we can't sleep in the same bed," Niall frowned. He wished for the floor to open up and swallow him whole. He'd been avoiding this for a while because if agreed to Zayn, Niall might do something entirely inappropriate, messing up their newly mended relationship.

"We're just sleeping in the same bed, no funny business," Zayn chuckled, raising his hands in midair as a surrendering gesture. "Besides, I like hearing you snore."

Niall gasped, widening his blue eyes in shock. "I do not snore!"

Zayn chuckled, "I don't mean it like that." He walked towards closer to Niall. He saw the grumpy expression on Niall and was gazing away from him. Using his right hand, Zayn slowly pushed up Niall's chin so he would look directly at him. "Your snore―" Zayn saw the sudden change on Niall but before Niall could move away from him, Zayn tightened his grip on Niall, holding him in place. "Let me finish, your snore, as lovely as they sound to my ear, gives me this therapeutic effect and putting me to sleep."

"What?" Niall backed away from Zayn with a questioning look on his face. He wondered if Zayn was smoking weed again because those words don't make sense to him. "Are you making fun of me?"

"No, I'm not making fun of you," Zayn shook his head, his voice squeaked in panic. The last thing Zayn wanted was for him to be misunderstood. "I can prove to you that you snore."

"I told you I don't snore!" Niall stressed his point out. It was totally embarrassing for him to even admit it to himself that he made those cringing sound in his sleep.

Zayn fished out his phone from his pocket, locating the video file on his gadget, pointing the front side of the phone towards the blonde. "Here, look..." He pressed the play button on the LED screen.

Niall narrowed his eyes, furrowing his brows altogether as he saw a recorded video of himself in Zayn's hotel room, probably months ago, and he was shirtless. Niall saw himself twitched under a comfortable blanket. But then, he cringed when he heard a noticeable sound of snoring coming from himself.

The sight of the phone in Niall's vision was becoming out of focus as he diverted his gaze towards Zayn. The snoring was growing louder and it was making Niall uncomfortable and mortified.

"That's not me," Niall lied. Of course, he wouldn't admit that he does snore.

"What?" Zayn pulled the phone closer to him, staring intently at the video playing. "This is you, Niall."

"I said it's not me. Maybe it's one of your fuck buddies," Niall kept throwing lies at Zayn, still not wanting to admit defeat. He regretted saying those words as he saw the pained expression on Zayn.

"No, Niall. I wouldn't do that," Zayn frowned, realizing what Niall was saying. Looking back, he was starting to understand what Niall felt every time that he would sneak a girl into his hotel room. The agonizing sensation piercing on his insides was too unbearable for Zayn to take. Is this what he felt during those times? If it were me, I wouldn't able to last that long and he hid those feelings for three years...

Niall panicked when he saw Zayn hugging him, tighter than usual. He was starting to get worried when he heard sobbing coming from Zayn.

"Hey, you alright?" He asked. It had taken a couple of seconds before Zayn responded by nodding. "What's wrong?" Niall tried to move but the hold he was under was so secure that he couldn't budge even an inch.

"I... am... so... sorry..." Zayn sobbed, his entire body shook, feeling every emotion hitting him out of nowhere. He pulled himself away from Niall, his eyes flooding with tears, biting his bottom lip. "I am such a jerk to you, aren't I?"

Niall watched in shock as the relentless emotions passing through Zayn. He doesn't know why Zayn was acting this way. Why now, of all times? Of course he felt bad for him. It pierced something in his chest seeing Zayn in this much pain.

"Yes, you are," he smiled. "But you'll always be my jerk."

With all these unnamed emotions trembling in his very existence, Zayn still managed to smile. For the past three years, he thought the feelings for the blonde were just platonic but ever since that sex dream; he was awoken into a new world that he thought never existed. Niall would always be there with him through thick and thin. Zayn just put him aside, not realizing the value of Niall in his life.

"Niall, I have to tell you something," Zayn sniffed, wiping his tear-stained cheeks.

"What is it?"

Zayn felt the thundering sensation in his chest, wanting to come out. The anxiousness reverberating deep within was making him want to back out but this is the right time to tell Niall how special he was to him. It was time to let him know what he really felt for Niall...

"I like yo―" A loud ringing sound halted Zayn's speech and it was coming from Niall's phone.

"Sorry," Niall apologized, fishing out the phone. "I forgot to put it on vibrate." When Niall saw a familiar name blinking on the screen, he couldn't help but to smile. He looked at Zayn with a frown on his face and said, "This will take a minute."

"Uh sure," Zayn nodded; feeling a little bit upset because his confession was postponed. Who the fuck was interrupting my moment with Niall?

"Hello," Zayn heard Niall chuckling on the mouthpiece of his phone. "Of course, I didn't forget. I put it on my calendar. Tomorrow, I'll be there." Zayn watched the blonde with a broad smile spreading on his face, making Zayn jealous. He wondered who Niall was talking to.

Zayn continued to eavesdrop; he was glad that he has a good pair of ears. Although the voice on the phone was a bit muffled, making harder to understand the words.

"I miss you too, Aiden..." Zayn heard the blonde whispered into the mouthpiece. He noticed how those blue eyes sparkled with adoration and bliss, and that broke Zayn's heart in pieces. Hearing the love of your life saying those words to someone doesn't feel right to Zayn.

"Am I too late?" Zayn mumbled; his golden amber eyes filled with despair as he looked it with the giggling blonde.

Niall felt the gaze directed at him. He glanced at Zayn subtlety with a sad, hopelessness eyes. Niall was feeling a little bit guilty so he decided to cut short the phone conversation.

"Look, I gotta go, okay," Niall whispered, cautiously glancing at Zayn. "I'll call you tomorrow." He pulled the phone away from his ear, pressing the red button on the screen of his phone, ending the call.

"So what's on tomorrow?" Zayn asked, feeling the dread boiling up in his stomach. He had an idea of what's going to happen, but he hoped that he was wrong.

"Aiden is taking me out tomorrow. It's my day off. " The fear in Zayn was becoming more prominent. The image of Niall and Aiden on a date doesn't feel right. Zayn was dreading for this―for Aiden to take away Niall from him, leaving him broken hearted and Irish-less.

"Are you sure?" Zayn asked without sounding too suspicious. "You know our schedule changed unexpectedly. I don't think going on a date on a weekday is a good idea." He watched Niall was in deep thought, hoping that Zayn didn't push too much. Zayn doesn't want Niall to step away from him and away from his life. He was so desperate to keep Niall in his life and there's this Aiden aka the Ziall villain, separating both of them to their happy ending.

"I checked my calendar twice before agreeing to Aiden. But if something comes up then of course I would have to cancel," Niall explained. He sensed a hostility tone behind Zayn's voice, but he ignored it because nothing good would come out if they argue further.

An aha moment sparkled within Zayn. This must mean that I still have a chance to do something about their date. Niall is mine and I'll be damned if I let that Aiden stole what's mine.

"Can we go sleep now?" Zayn faked a yawn, stretching his limbs out. For the meantime, he's going to savor each and every moment he has with Niall. His plans were still unsure but as soon as an opportunity showed up, Zayn wouldn't dare to take a shot.

"Uh, sure," Niall nodded, following Zayn to the bedroom. His heartbeat became erratic as soon as his blue eyes were watching Zayn taking off his shirt, exposing the inked, toned body of the raven haired lad.

Niall shut his eyes off as he prayed mentally, "Dear Papa Jesus, please watch over me and give me strength and courage not to give in to any kind of temptations. I'm with Aiden now, but my heart always beats for Zayn. What should I do?"

Zayn noticed that Niall's eyelids were closed as the blonde's lips moved desperately as if he was mumbling something.

"Niall, you okay there?"

Niall opened his eyes right away and the sight of seductive torso staring back at him was making him uncomfortable. He glanced at the door, wanting to bolt out of there but the temptation of touching Zayn inappropriately was too hard not to give in.

Niall swallowed hard when Zayn was unbuttoning his pants, pulling the zipper down. The sight of Zayn in his black Calvin Klein boxer briefs was making him salivating. Being breathless was all Niall could do after seeing the semi-hard bulge in the restrained fabric. Oh, dear Lord, I think I'm going to hell...

"Come on, Niall," Zayn waved. "Take off your clothes and come to the bed with me."

Stronger, louder pounding in his chest was all Niall could feel at the moment as he heard a seductive voice coming from Zayn. Even though his mind was telling him that this was a bad idea but his body was taking over, letting Niall take off his clothes, leaving only his underwear, and he crawled into the bed.

"Come closer," Zayn whispered, pulling Niall closer to him, facing Niall's back towards him. He wrapped around his left arm over Niall's tiny body, enveloping him in a closed space, feeling the warmth of the blonde. Zayn felt that something was coming alive in his crotch, wanting to get out.

Niall was no way could sleep in his position right now. The long arm of the raven haired lad over his side was making him nervous and excited at the same time. He wouldn't dare to move an inch because if he does, there's no telling what he might do. Niall was fighting hard to control his urges as much as he can. But when he felt warm lips pressing against the back of his neck, Niall had to bite hard his bottom lip to prevent himself from moaning. He was beyond aroused.

Niall thought that it would end with just one peck, but he was so wrong. Not a moment later, the same lips were brushing against on the same spot and the area around it. Niall felt his skin was on fire and no amount of water could extinguish it. He had to shut his eyes off to fight off the uncontrollable desire flowing in his bloodstream. It got worse when he felt Zayn was drying humping his ass. The sensation of Zayn's length rubbing against on a thin layer of cotton fabric covering his ass was overwhelming with lust and desire.

Niall gathered all the courage he could get, pulling away from Zayn, facing him with an upset expression on his face.

"What are you doing?" He asked, staring hard at Zayn. His cheeks have a reddish tint, indicating that he enjoyed that action.

"I'm not doing anything," Zayn breathed hard, filling up his lungs with more air.

"I don't know what games you are playing here, Zayn," Niall narrowed his eyes together, studying the raven haired lad carefully with a smirk on his face. "It's not fair for you to do that, most especially you know I have feelings for you."

"Did you like it?" The smirk on Zayn didn't disappear. His golden amber eyes were filled with carnality. Even though it lasted only for a couple of seconds, Zayn didn't regret any of it. He felt the involuntary throbbing of his dick in his underwear.

"Stop this, Zayn," Niall threatened. "I don't want you messing with my head."

"I'm not messing around," Zayn said, reaching for the blonde, pulling him closer to him. "I want this too..."

Niall pulled back as those words escaped from Zayn didn't made sense to him. Niall saw an unreadable expression on Zayn. He knew at that moment that Zayn was only playing tricks with him again and he made a promise to himself that he won't fall for any of those anymore. He did what he could do at the moment and pulling a full body pillow, placing it between them.

"What is this?" Zayn whined, pointing at the soft barrier between them.

"It's a pillow."

"I know that," Zayn scoffed. "But why is it between us?"

"Zayn, I mean it," Niall ordered, his voice was firm this time. "No funny business, I just want to get some sleep."

"But I want you close to me," Zayn begged, craving for the touch. "And I couldn't even see your face with this pillow blocking the beauty of yours."

"What?" Niall gasped, astounded that Zayn have a nerve of using a pickup line on him. He pulled himself up enough to see the raven haired lad was looking at the ceiling and without a moment's notice, Niall slapped Zayn's forehead in a playful manner. "What is the matter with you?"

Zayn laughed as he felt the soft, silky hands of the blonde making contact against his forehead. Although, it stings a bit, but he didn't mind because he craved for these moments together with Niall.

Zayn pulled the pillow away from them, looking straight at the startled blonde. "You don't believe me that you're beautiful?"

"I don't know what you ate today for you to act this weird but stop it, okay? Maybe today's a full moon or something."

"Whatever you say, my sweet Nialler," Hearing that term of endearment from Zayn was making him all giddy inside. The reddish tint on his cheeks was making another appearance. A smile was forcing itself on his face, but he was thankful that it was dark in the room otherwise Zayn would see him and Zayn would tease the hell out of it.

"I'm going to sleep," Niall said, his voice was sound a little grumpy. He pulled back the pillow, putting it between them.

"Okay, my sweet Nialler," Zayn whispered. "Good night."

After half hour, Zayn heard a familiar, serene sound of snoring coming from Niall, letting him know that Niall was fallen into a deep sleep. He moved away the pillow sitting between them in a gentle manner, not wanting for Niall to wake up. Zayn saw the beauty in Niall even in his sleep. He ran his hand over the blonde's forehead, pushing back the long strands of blonde hair poking on the closed eyelids. After that, he pushed himself up without making any abrupt movement and walk over to the other side of the bed.

Zayn stared down at the sleeping beauty lying in his bed. His golden amber eyes filled with adoration and bliss. He went down on his knees, brushing the soft cheeks of the blonde, feeling the warmth of it.

"Pumpkin, I don't know what you've done to me for you to make me feel this way, but I'm glad that you did it. Three years ago, I knew that I felt this attraction towards you. But I tried to keep it under and let me believe that it was just a brotherly love but in all the truth that I have felt something more, and that scared the hell out of me because I thought I was straight. But after these couple of days, you opened a world to me that I didn't know existed and I'm willing to stay there as long as you stay with me. I'm not sure if this is love but there's one thing for sure, that I want to spend the rest of my life making you happy..."
*****
Meanwhile at Liam's flat, Louis and Harry was opening every single cabinet in the kitchen, looking for something to munch on.

"Did you find it?" Louis asked, opening another cabinet.

"Found it!" Harry snickered. A small can of Pringles with Sour and Cream flavor was being grasped by his hand.

"Give me that," Louis snatched the desired item from Harry, but unfortunately Harry was too quick. He followed Harry on the entire flat, wanting to get his hands on the snack.

Liam was all satisfied while watching a soccer game on the television not until Harry and Louis were chasing around in the living room, blocking the view of the television, and thus making him mad.

"Come on, Harry," Louis whined. "You know sharing is caring."

"Well, I don't share therefore I don't care," Harry brisk walked around the coffee table in front of the television screen, evading the long arms of Louis towards him.

The vein on Liam's temple was throbbing hard, indicating that he's at his limit before he explodes in fury. And the noise exchanging between Louis and Harry doesn't help it either, making his ear wanting to bleed.

"Enough!" Liam screamed. "What are the two of you bickering about?" He glared at Harry to Louis.

"Harry doesn't want to share," Louis pouted, pointing the small can of Pringles.

"Stop being bitter, Louis," Harry scoffed, teasing Louis by waving the can in front of him. "There's this saying 'Finders Keepers Losers Weepers.'" He snickered, taunting his band mate.

Louis felt something snapped inside him, wanting to punish Harry, "Ooh, you are so going to regret that." Louis had this stance ready to jump but before he could implement it, he was grabbed by Liam.

Liam walked across Harry, snatching away the can from his hand. "This is Sophia's snack. Don't take it without asking for her permission."

"Really? She eats junk food?" Harry was astonished from the information. They all knew that Sophia is a model in Victoria's Secret, but they didn't expect for her to consume junk food because it can easily messed up someone's body weight.

"Of course, she eats junk food. She's an ordinary person like us," Liam defended the honor of his girlfriend.

"Oh okay, I never would've guess," Harry shrugged it off. "Because with her rocking, sexy body, I would've thought that she would only eat healthy foods."

"Hey!" Liam warned. "Stop fantasizing my girlfriend like that." He doesn't like when people see Sophia as a piece of meat. It's rude to think like that.

"Aren't you supposed to be glad because someone is fantasizing your girlfriend?" Louis asked.

"It's beyond creepy," Liam answered. The thought of some men visualizing his girlfriend in an inappropriate ways left a bad taste in his mouth. He would always protect Sophia no matter what the cost.

"I still want a snack," Louis whined.

"Me too," Harry commented.

"Well, this is Sophia's snack. Get it from somewhere else."

An idea popped into Harry, an idea that would solve their current predicament. "I've got an idea," he chortled, rubbing his chin as if he was an evil mastermind.

"Okay, I'm listening," Louis turned to Harry, staring intensely into those green eyes.
*****
The three lads found themselves standing in front of Zayn's flat. Both Liam and Louis had this confusion on their faces.

"Explain this to me again, why are we here?" Louis asked.

"Because Zayn had this big kitchen filled with snacks," Harry grinned. He can't wait to get his hands on different kind of snacks hidden in the kitchen. "You know if a zombie attack erupts, we could lock ourselves here because the food supply could last for at least two years."

"You need to stop watching those gruesome television shows, Harry," Liam said.

"Enough of chit chat, I'm hungry," Louis complained, rubbing his grumbling stomach. "How do we get in?"

"Let's just knock," Liam suggested.

"Don't be stupid," Harry said, preventing Liam from making the biggest mistake of his life.

"Why not?" Liam asked. "I'm sure Zayn would let us in."

"No, he won't. You know for a fact that Zayn is a heavy sleeper, he wouldn't dare to move from his bed even there's a fire crawling on his ceiling," Harry explained.

"True." Both Liam and Louis answered, nodding their heads.

"So how do we get in?" Louis asked, trying to control the hunger boiling inside of him.

"Well, lucky for you because I know where Zayn put his hide-a-key," Harry chuckled.

"Where?" Liam asked, waiting for those green eyes to give him some answers.

Harry looked down at the carpeted floor, making the two lads copying.

"Are you aware that we're staring at a carpeted floor?" Liam asked, not moving his gaze away from grey-colored carpeted floor.

"Not there," Harry said, ducking down on the floor, slipping his hand against the 'Welcome' mat. Not a moment later, a silver key was found on Harry's hand and waving it back to his band mates.

"Well, don't just stand there like a bloody idiot!" Louis growled. "Use it already before my stomach decided to have a World War III."

"Fine!" Harry pouted, turning away from the sulking Louis, pushing the key towards the hole, turning it until they heard a click. He pushed the door in a gentle manner, not wanting to create any abrupt noises that would alarm Zayn. All three pairs of eyes dilated, adjusting from the darkness in the room, proceeding to the flat where Harry goes first, followed by Louis then Liam at the back.

Liam was starting to freak out; his heart was thumping hard in his chest. Cold sweats were escaping from his pores. He wasn't used to doing things like these.

Louis, on the other hand, felt exhilarated because he loved the adrenaline rush pumping in his bloodstream. Needless to say, all of his senses were heightened. He almost jumped from where he was standing because he felt someone grabbed his shirt.

"Jesus fucking Christ!" Louis cursed, glaring back at Liam. "Don't do that!"

"This is so wrong," Liam said. "Maybe we should buy the snack on a store, not here stealing food."

"No, shit! Sherlock!" Louis scoffed. "This is why it's called breaking and entering."

"What if we got caught?" Liam squeaked, thinking of the worst case scenario of the three of them locked up in a prison cell.

"Don't be ridiculous," Louis reprimanded Liam, who was trembling and shitless. "Zayn wouldn't turn us in."

"Would the two of you be quiet?" Harry ordered the bickering two behind him. "I'm trying to find the switch." He stretched both of his arms out, feeling anything that could resemble a light switch.

A silence traveled through the air but then they heard a familiar voice, making all of them curious.

"Three years ago, I knew that I felt this attraction towards you. But I tried to keep it under and let me believe that it was just a brotherly love but in all the truth that I have felt something more, and that scared the hell out of me because I thought I was straight..."

"Was that..." Harry asked, turning to his band mates behind him.

"Zayn," Louis answered.

"Oh shit, we should get the hell out of here!" Liam panicked; his hands were shaking with fear.

"Don't be stupid," Louis reprimanded his band mate. All three of them got even more curious so they followed where the voice was coming from.

All three pairs of feet stopped when they saw Zayn knelt down near on one side of the bed and when they looked whatever Zayn was looking into, they recognized their personal assistant, sleeping comfortably.

"But after these couple of days, you opened a world to me that I didn't know existed and I'm willing to stay there as long as you stay with me. I'm not sure if this is love, but there's one thing for sure, that I want to spend the rest of my life making you happy..."

Their jaws dropped as their feet were somehow felt like being cemented on the floor when they watched Zayn leaned down to Niall, placing a kiss on the lips of their beloved personal assistant.
*****
So, what's the verdict on this chapter? I know it's a long one and it's too exhausting to read. Not to mention, too many scenes happening, right?

Let's talk about something:

1. Thoughts on when Zayn kissed the back of Niall's neck. And don't forget that he dry humped the blonde. That must've been too erotic.

I'm not sure if I can call it a smut, because it's not technically a smut, right? or am I wrong?

2. How about when Zayn called Niall as "Pumpkin."? Isn't that the cutest thing ever? The history of behind the name calling will be explained on Chapter 14, I think.

3. Any thoughts when Niall was praying inside his head when he saw Zayn taking off his clothes. That must've been hot!

4. Last but not the least, what do you guys think will happen now that the three lads (Louis, Liam, and Harry) saw Zayn kissing Niall on the lips while he was sleeping? :D

Let me know what you think because I live for your comments, thoughts, and insights :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.1K 1.1K 14
Zayn Malik is in love with a little cute bundle of joy named Niall Horan.But does Niall even know him? He finds himself staring at him all day long u...
275K 12.5K 54
Niall and Harry met over a dating website. After getting to know each other, Harry knows a lot about Niall and how he looks like. But Niall doesn't...
59.9K 1.2K 30
Liam and Harry tried dating but they’ve drifted apart and Liam has eyes for someone else. Will he ever get to be with that person? Louis makes a real...
906K 14K 55
When two different worlds collide..