The King's Possession -- Book...

HowlingJane द्वारा

(COMPLETED) The second novel of the Underworld Series! Can be read separately. For a mature audience! ______ ... अधिक

Opening
Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Epilogue
The Story Continues

Chapter Two

16.1K 546 33
HowlingJane द्वारा

Amazing cover made by Misuspotato! I love it, thank you :)♡

I couldn't wait to show you all this chapter, so I went ahead and wrote it as a little thank you for being the best followers a girl could ask for! And because of that, I bring to you chapter two! Be warning, this will be intense!! But, anyway! Here's a virtual hug from me to you, and as always.... I hope you...

Enjoy my loves! :)
______

       I could feel something pounding in my mind, causing me to grimace in pain as I felt the roots of my hair being tugged, causing my body to stand. Opening my eyes, I saw another masked guard, his black eyes smirking at me as I was kicked out of the room. The air left my lungs as I felt his hands releasing me as the air swiftly went by as I returned to the ground. The rush scent of blood filled the air as my cut opened once again. Clenching my jaw, I didn't speak or fight as my short locks came in front of my face, bringing back the shame. The thin straps of the dress were lifted, my body leaving the ground as I was tossed over the masked beings shoulder. Lifting my head slightly, I could see that I had been placed in the dungeons of some area, the walls, floor, and ceiling all made of stone and sand. Doors littered the walls as I was carried out the long corridor, only to shut my eyes at the sight of so many bodies being held by chains, and bones that had seemed to be permitting the stench of agony and depression into the stones.

       The sound of a cracking whip filled the air as the stairs came into view, followed by the cry of a young maiden begging for forgiveness. No... what have they done to my people?

       The urge to fight seemed to diminish as my cut locks would move into my vision, causing me to close my eyes tightly. I was ashamed... for I knew that even I somehow would be able to escape these chains that were bound around my wrists and ankles, there would be nothing but dishonor and misery as my people would see the cut strength. As the wooden door was opened to allow us out of the dark chambers, I could feel the light hit the back of my head, showing that I had been down in the dark for longer than I had thought. Long enough to have my wound slightly healed and scabbed over, the dried blood dripping down my arm as blue and purple bruises littered my body. The streams of fresh blood flowed over my painted markings, causing me to look closely at the smudged beauty covered in blood and dirt.

       Horrid odor filled my senses as I was taken to a different room, and out another door until I could feel the warmth of the sun, and the sound of grass moving under large feet. Opening my eyes, I noticed the light blue sky, only a few white puffs of small clouds littering the far off distance, seeming to be close to the Kingdom of Night. The suns were high in the sky, showing that it was close to the middle of the day. The sound of a rippling stream came from my right, causing me to slowly turn my attention towards a babbling broke, seeing a few tents litter the small space under the oak trees. A small fire had been placed beside the brook, giving fresh water, fish, and somewhere the bath during the travelers time spent here. But, as the sound of wings flapping became louder, I noticed that this was the came of my people's killers... the destroyer of Mother tree... and the reason I had been taken from my life mates arms.

        Biting back the tears that threatened to spill, I just let my head back down, watching the long legs of my carrier bring me further away from the hidden dungeons. Looking up for a moment, I could see a few rocks, making the mouth of a large cave, that seemed to go deep into the earth. But, it seemed to be dragon made, blending in with nature, but having a different appeal to it... a sense of danger and despair drifting off of the stones. We were in the middle of a large meadow, few trees, but vast mountains and valleys surrounding us. I was far from the floating mountains... far away from Eenack and Mother tree.

       Time seemed to drift at a slow pace, my mind clouded with anger and fear, but mostly the sorrow and shame that I felt from being taken from my home, and my pride and strength cut from me. How could I have let something like that happen? It was sacred, that only the life mate would cut the locks of an Eenack warrior. I should have fought harder, should have ignored the pain in my shoulder. But, it was too late. I was to be sold and taken to the pleasure house. Perhaps there was a way to leave, escape, and return to my people... the few that still remained of us.

       I was sat down beside a large oak tree, the masked man removing the thin piece of fabric that kept his identity a mystery to me. But, when he removed it, I was disgusted by the bald head, and the face that had a large scar starting at the top of the temple, going down to the jaw line. Yet, his black eyes held a sort of kindness to them.

       It disgusted me.

       "I have to heal your wound before Mistress comes and takes you to the auction," he said in a rumbling voice, a puff of smoke blowing out his nose as he spoke. Dragon.

       Without another thought crossing my mind, I harked up the mucus that was building in my throat, and spit it into his face, followed by a hiss. He simple sighed, shaking his head before getting a piece of thread and a needle from his shirt. I hissed as he came closer, my body sending chills at the warning of him being so close. I could see him now, find him, hunt him down once I was away from here.

       "You can be angry with me, but I am just trying to keep bread and milk in my daughters belly," he whispered, reaching to move my body slightly to face him. My eyes went wide at the sound of a daughter... a child.

       Looking into his face, I could see the memories dancing across the dark irises of his eyes, only causing the hatred I felt for him to dim slightly. And that caused a roaring need to hurt him more. I did not wish to pity this man, this Dragon that had captured me just to earn a few golden coins. But, as he moved to sew the cut closed, I found myself wishing that he and I had met under different circumstances. It was Eenack way to forgive those that wronged us, but this man had done more than wronged me. He had stripped me of my life, killed many of my people, and brought me somewhere that I had never been before. And, if the smell of salt in the air was any give away of being towards the red sea, then this was not territory that Eenack walked upon. These lands were forbidden, known for the darkness that crawled over the mountain, trapping each heart that stepped onto this soil.

      "If forgiveness is what you seek, then you shall not find it here. Perhaps if you visit the graves of my people, then their spirits will forgive you for stripping away their lives," I said, looking into his black eyes before quickly filling my mouth with mucus again, spitting it on his face. I smirked as I saw the thick, yellow substance drip down his face, falling to the ground off of his chin. "Murdered," I hissed at him.

       Without another warning, as he moved the needle away, he brought his finger into the cut, opening the wound that had recently been closed. I gritted my teeth as electrical shocks went through me as I felt the muscle and tissue try to give way under his pressure. Closing my eyes, I tried to move from his grasp, but it was useless. When I did not beg for mercy as he seemed I deserved to speak, he simply stopped before grabbing my hair by the roots, lifting me off the ground.

       "I've shown you more mercy and kindness than was deserved," he growled before tossing me down beside the stream, next to the small fire. "You will be wise to learn your place here, child. You are no longer a warrior, but an outcast. And your attitude with pay well once the Mistress comes to receive you." he growled before walking over. I tried to move, but the chains that bound my arms behind my back held me in place. The booted foot was lifted back, then swiftly brought forward into my stomach. The air left my lungs as I felt the blood come into my mouth as I coughed. "Bloody savage," he yelled before walking away to the others. I never spoke a word from then on, only laid there as I worked the blood out of my mouth, and wiggling my way to where I could get fresh water into my dry throat and mouth.

      The mistress had come, her minions doing the dirty work of taking and tossing me onto the back of a horse, letting me hang off the sides in front of the muscular idiots that I had grown to hate. Time seemed to be on my side however, as the days passed where I was moved from the forbidden lands, to taken on a boat to cross the red sea, only to find myself on a small island off the coast of the Kingdom of Night and the glass sea. With a small castle and a town to surround it, a land bridge connected the main land with the island. Dragons flew over head, boats docked on the sides of the tall island covered in beautiful mountains. Green grass and lush trees covered the far side, the town and castle made to be built into the side of the mountain, letting it all blend and have a natural blend to it.

      From being strapped down to a table, watching as the hair on my body was removed painfully by what they called waxing, to watching the dirt and blood being washed off my body with warm water, then heated milk to soften the skin, I was confused by my surroundings. With stone walls covered in paper that was covered in beautiful patterns of shells and waves of the glass sea. The pain, however, of my hair being ripped from my body was still nothing compared to what was of my hair being cut. And I had been forced, strapped down once again, into a chair to watch as the short length was cut and layered, in a way to frame my face, the natural waves taunting me as the thought of having my mane back haunted me.

      I had looked away, and the Mistress seemed to take pity on me, for she didn't force me to watch as the white strands fell to the floor. For once, I was grateful to the woman.

      One by one, the days passed as my wound healed on my shoulder. A masked female had bend kind to come by the chambers that I had been temporarily placed in, bringing in a bowl of water that was like that of a crystal bathed in light. It was iridescent, shining in bright colors of red, orange, yellow, blues, purples, and pinks.

       I watched as the female took the water out of the bowl, seeming to let it float in her hands as she brought it forward, a bubble of water floating in the air as she placed it on my shoulder, bringing it down my arm slightly to cover it all in a layer of rippling water. It never moved, only flowed around my skin as I sat, watching in pure fascination as she placed a small herb inside the water, after crumbling it up in her hands. A single piece of the herb was dissolved in the water, like that of a sand stone in rushing water, mixing with the colors. Before my eyes, the wound was healed, leaving only a small scar in the way. The silver color shown on the skin, raising up in a jagged line, showing where the blade had roughly been plunged into my skin. Yet, even with all the scars that marked my body, this was the one that I realized was the most important.

       For it was daily reminder that I had to fight to return home.

_____

       Four years later

_____

       I had been sold to Master Yokeen, a young man that was known for the exotic beauties located in his pleasure houses across the lands. Yet, the Pleasure House of Neehktah seemed to be the most popular. I had been taken from the island, by boat to the main land, the placed on the back of a horse as I -along with three females and two males- had been taken to the Kingdom of Jekoshia. With streets paved in golden stone, buildings as tall as an Oak tree, and streets that wound to the top of the mountain to bring to the pleasure house, it was beautiful. But, I wished to be anywhere but here. Chains had been placed around my wrists and ankles once again after I had been sold. It had shocked me that I had been a hid bid, selling for seven thousand gold pieces. Yet, even at the large amount, I still was not proud of my current situation.

        Years passed, my life soon becoming that of a living nightmare. I would wake up in my chambers, would wash and dress, eat, and then only be taken to the main floor of the pleasure house, being forced to wait for another soul to pass by that wished to pay a high price to sleep with a previous Eenack warrior. With my body marked with the scars of peace, it was worth a large golden coin to even stand in the room with me. Master Yokeen seemed to enjoy my time here, only allowing the rich to come into the chambers with me. I was grateful that I had been given a chance to rest and given time alone, for it was not every day that a prince, King, or high rankling Knight or Officer would come into the pleasure house seeking the company of a man or woman. I had realized that most of the Officers were not picky of their partners for the hour, but enjoyed the feel of the anatomy of a man and a woman.

       The night was coming closer, and I sat on the edge of the large bed that I had to been gifted with after years of bringing in riches for Yokeen. The Moons were slowly coming to a rise, the suns setting into the sea. I had been placed on the third floor of the pleasure house, where the highest bidding lovers were granted chambers. But, it came with a cost for most. Master Yokeen was keen on... experimenting with his 'beautiful jewels' as he enjoyed to call us, coming to spend the evening in our chambers. He had been wise to stay away from mine, for the fear of his permanent erection to be removed from his body was always a large possibility around me.

       Taking a look around me, I noticed the high walls of stone, the wall that gave the view of the city and ocean was open, with large arches that had golden curtains that could be released to give privacy. With my own balcony and set of stairs to lead me to the private garden, I had granted a beautiful place to rest. With dresses made of the finest silk, my body covered in rubies and diamonds, there was more than enough to feed the hungry and let the pour be rich. I released a breath as my hand came up to feel the lifted scar on my shoulder, letting the memory of why I had continued to sleep and do as instructed permit my mind. Freedom. After so long, I would pay the high price that Yokeen had paid for my behind, and I would be released. How long that would be, I still had no idea. But, each day I was growing closer to my freedom. I could return to the islands.

        Dropping my hand, I let my fingers run through the growing length of my hair. Yokeen had granted me the pleasure of allowing my hair to grow, but it had to be trimmed to maintain the health and natural shine of the white strands. I smiled as I saw that the strands were the same length has they had once been before the horrendous cutting had took place by the wicked Mistress. The natural waves fell over my breasts and down my back.

       As I stood up, walking to lean against one of the archways' opening. The silver moons had come and gone as they did every few years, and my belly had still not grown from a child. That would never happen now, for I was sure that Maketis had thought of me dead. Letting out a breath, I let the thought drift around in my mind. Could I possibly allow myself to die before I was given the chance to see home once more? If only just a glance at the mountains... that would be all that I needed to pass with a smile on my face.

      A knocking came on the large, wooden door. I never spoke a word, just stood there, my arms crossed over my chest, the thin and silken fabric of my robes covering my body as the wind blew the vines that wrapped around the stone archways and fencing. I could hear someone clear their throat from behind me as they knocked again.

      "I do not wish to speak right now, Joshua." I said, keeping my gaze forward. Of all of the exotic beauties that littered the pleasure house, Joshua was the most persistent.

      "Oh Emerald Eyes, I don't believe you realize what a glorious night it is! Besides, have you not heard of tomorrow being the chance of freedom for those that wish for it?" My attention had been caught as I turned quickly to look at him, scanning his face to see if he was lying.

       Standing tall and muscular, with wide shoulders and a barrel chest, his golden hair was kept short, blue eyes dancing with mischief. With sharp features and soft lips, the man was a large attraction for both male and females; seeming to enjoy the company of both sexes, Joshua never refused a paying customer. He had been at the pleasure house for six years now, making his way up in the ranks, coming at a high price for an hour of love making. But, I knew that the man had a different side to him than those that surrounded us saw.

       He was intimidating, if looked at by a bystander. But to me, he was a gentle giant, with a heart as large as the glass sea. As my only friend, and someone that I could rely on, along with being my mentor on how to make love like a whore, I had grown slightly found of him. Though irritating and childish at times, he still had kept me close to his side, making sure that Yokeen would stay far from my chambers when I was not in the mood to fight.

       Finding no fault in the words he spoke, I moved to the table that held the fresh wine, pouring us both a glass as I walked back to the bed, sitting down. He smirked, walking over to me with slow movements, winking at me as he kissed my forehead in a thanks, receiving his goblet of wine.

      "You've peaked my interest. But, it's going to take more than that to convince me to listen." I said before drinking the sweet, yet tangy substance. I felt the slight burn of the alcohol as it settled in my stomach, able to give a little liquid courage. I knew tonight there was a festival, and we had been granted the past two days off, for the pleasure house was closed. Just like that of a virgin's legs.

     Lifting me up suddenly, I was shocked to see him move me to the head of the bed, placing me against the pillows before sitting down at my feet. Placing them into his lap, he took a drink of wine before setting the cup down, his large and thick fingers working into the curve of my foot. I sighed as the feeling of worry and stress left me. I snuggled into the silk pillows, smiling as he continued to rub and work the stress from me, one finger at a time.

     "Alright, you've received my full attention. Does this have anything to do with the festival tonight?" I asked as I closed my eyes, setting the cup down on the small table beside the bed.

      "Yes, but there is a price to pay." He whispered before I felt his lips kiss the bottom of my leg, moving up slightly over the curve of my calf. "If you wish for me to tell you, I believe you owe me at least once more of enjoying you in my bed." I chuckled, shaking my head. With a quick motion, I lifted my leg, wrapping it around his shoulder, before pushing and rolling us so I was pinning him down to the bed. I smirked down at him, watching the blue eyes darken in lust. "I forget how aggressive and sexy you can be," he growled out before lifting his head.

       I laughed once, thumping his head before sitting on his abdomen, crossing my arms over my chest.

       "We have been over this, my teaching of the ways of this place was the only time that you would ever enter or taste me. As I would only taste you then. A day here spent is a lifetime of regret. Now, turn that into four years." I bend down, feeling the growling of my chest as my canines grew from rage. Now was my change to leave, and he was playing games. Then two could play at this. "I suggest you tell me what I must do to get out of here before I cut your penis and balls off of you, and stuff them down your throat. And don't believe for a single moment that I won't enjoy your suffering." I hissed out. His eyes went wide in fear as I lifted off of him, getting off the bed before grabbing my cup. I needed more wine.

       "How is it that you have lasted this long without castrating a man?" he asked, sitting up before taking a large gulp of his wine.

       I looked out at the moons, seeing the stars twinkling in the night.

       "I have a large debt to pay, a debt that will be finished in only a matter of time. It was never my wish to come here, but not a day goes passed that I don't think of my home." I whispered, grabbing the wine bottle, pouring myself another drink, filling it to the brim. This was what helped me get through each day that I would have to bed a man, this was the only reason why I had lived as long as I had. With the alcohol in my stomach, it dulled my senses, and in moments that were meant to be lustful, I would see Maketis' face, and the moaning and pleasure would be real. It would not be a stranger paying for my company, but my life mate that I longed to see.

       "You never have told me much of your home lands," he said before standing up and walking over towards me. I nodded in agreement, still looking out at the night. So much beauty was hidden in the darkness, little lights of hope shining bright. I prayed to the gods each night that those stars would be my saving grace. Perhaps there would be a falling star, or a passing comet as Jaketa would call them, pass by... and I would be able to grab the tail and go far away from this place. "Do you think you ever will?" He whispered.

         I smiled as the sky before me turned to daylight, the suns filling the sky with warm light, the blue sky clear as sounds of rushing waterfalls filled the void with sound.

        "You had to be strong to reach Mother tree," I found myself saying. His eyes became large better sitting and watching me. He was just an outline, not really showing in great detail as I could see my homeland clearly. If I could only reach out and touch it.  "With forests of strong, green vines, it would take several minutes to reach the top. The waterfalls would roll over the sides, turning into glittering mist as it reached the cliffs that overlooked the sea. Water so clear and full of color, it made a crystal bathed in sunlight... seem dull. The water was cool to the touch, and would quench thirst the moment a droplet fell on the tip of your tongue.

      "Each night, the sky was filled with the sound of laughter and chanting as we would dance around the fire, sharing the great beats that were caught for the nights meal." I smiled, letting out a quick breath as I saw Maketis look at me. He stood by the fire, eyes dancing in the flames. As the beating drums started to go into a timed rhythm, he moved towards me, dancing slowly. "And during the time of the silver moons, after the teachings had been done, and you were sent out on your first hunt, you would chose a life mate. Someone to share your heart and grow a family with." I whispered, seeing small children with green eyes and black hair dance around Maketis' legs, causing him to smile the rare smile that I had only truly known. They called him by a name that only a father would know: Bahkna. It mean Father in our native tongue. "You would chose or be chosen, and if they chose you in return, than you would be mated for life."

       "Had you chose and been chosen in return?" I heard someone ask.

        Maketis picked up the white haired boy, black eyes looking back at him as he walked over to me. I could see myself standing beside him, wrapping my arms around him as the child -my child- reached for me. Kissing my temple, I snuggled my head under his chin.

        I smiled as the vision that could never be faded away, leaving me back in the room of the pleasure house with Joshua. "Yes, I had chose and been chosen in return." I whispered. Pushing away the thoughts, I brought the bottle to my lips, drinking large gulps, letting the alcohol warm my belly as I felt my senses dull.

        "There is a dancing tonight at the fire... on the edge of the mountain. Master Yokeen has granted us the choice to go and celebrate the new years arrival tonight. Tomorrow morning, after he has had his pick of which one will sleep in his bed, that person will get the opportunity to fight for their freedom. Weapons, swords, an arena filled with cheering people for someone's death, and the promise of a life outside of here... that is what is in store if you wish to come tonight." I swallowed the last bit of wine, leaving the bottle dry of all contents but air.

        I didn't think as I removed my robes, letting them fall to the floor as I walked to where my dress would be. His eyes watched me as I moved across the room, feeling the silk of different materials, deciding on the one that showed the most of my body.

        Feeling the silk fabric, the color of a fresh plumb picked off the vine, I smiled before letting it slid down my body. It thin straps that had thread to attach the long sleeves that would fall to the floor from the tapered end, the cuts in the sides and stomach showed my scared markings. The fabric was barley enough to cover my nipples from view, dipping down to have only a small gap before they would be reviled, and the slits keeping my legs shown.

       Turning to look at Joshua, I saw his blue gaze darken to that which matched the night sky.

       "I suppose I better keep his attention on me, and bring him to my bed tonight then." I said while raising a brow. He simply nodded as he looked at my body. I smirked, moving my behind me, clipping a few pieces back so my face could be seen, and my breasts -though not large- were still prominent. "Shall we?" I asked before moving to the balcony to the stairs. He quickly moved off the bed and followed behind me as I descended down the stairs.

_______

         Dodging the sharp blades of my competitors swords, I jumped and rolled, trying to reach my sword on the other side of the arena. Cheering erupted from the crowd that surrounded me. I felt like I had been placed in a lion's den, sentenced to my death. And with four years of not being able to touch or hold any sort of weapon, I found that I was not as comfortable as I once had been. Yet, my movements were swift and graceful, my feet allowing me to dance across the stone ground. A yelling came from behind me as I reached my sword, my body on the ground.

       Turning onto my back, I watched as the large beast of a man ran towards me, both swords aimed at my heart. Moving my legs out, the trousers lose and keeping movement difficult, I rammed my heel into his groin, feeling the cracking of his pelvic bone. With a yell and teeth gritted together, my jaw clenched, I took both hands around my swords handle and shoved the blade into his throat, right through the center of his Adam's apple. Watching the red liquid flood from the opened wound, his eyes dulled from the life leaving him. I let out a breath as he stared to slump to the ground. Using my feet to push him off me, I let the cheering fill me. Looking at the shaded part of the arena, Master Yokeen sat in his chair, brown eyes wide, and a bald head being fanned by palm leaves. Joshua stood by him, holding a plate of grapes and would rarely kiss his neck and whisper things to him.

       Looking into Yokeens' eyes, I smirked as I stood straight, pulling the blade from his throat. Moving my leg arm out in front of me, I slowly drug the sides of blade of my forearm, removing the blood.

        This would be my third victim of the morning, which meant that it was close to the time of my freedom. However, I had noticed the growing attention that I had captured over the fights. More joined to watch, the arena packed as Knights and Officers, along with commoners, came to watch a Eenack Warrior fight for her freedom. It had been rare to see us in combat, for we made sure that the night and land would be on our side. Today, none of those were on my side. Yokeen seemed easer to keep me at the pleasure house, to keep me in his bed at the previous nights affair. The events were fuzzy, but from the look on his face, I had pleased my owner. And that would be the first and last time that I would do such a thing.

        I could feel the eyes on me as the cheering died down. A tall man was lead into the shaded seating area for view pleasure. I was not able to see his face, but his black gaze turned to that of a crystal bathed in light, the only feature I could make from him. And, from the golden crown on his head, and the way that Yokeen bowed down to him, kissing his feet, this man was a King. I smirked, looking into the crystal eyes as I brought the dull blade down into the eye socket of the dead man. His eyes went wide at the gesture, but I could see a smirk growing on the shadowed face.

       Lifting the body of the third victim, I carried him over to the small pile that I had created in the short while that I had been here. As my back was turned, I heard the gates roll up as a mighty roar came from the blackened depths. Cheering and howls of excitement filled the air as I felt the ground shake as he took a few steps out of the dark. My eyes went wide seeing the large beast. He stood tall, easily shadowing over me, casting me in shadow. With red eyes, he let out a breath of black smoke. I could feel the sweat drip down my back, a droplet leaving the tip of my nose.

       Things went quiet as he walked to the middle of the arena, moving his head to crack the bones in his neck. I watched his movements carefully, seeing the way that he would stand and sway under his large weight. I smirked, watching his left knee buckle slightly with each step that it took. A weakness that would be his downfall.

       Yokeen stood, raising his hands in the air.

       "Our greatest warrior, from the depths of caves from the Kingdom of Night, hear to rape and destroy those that stand in his way." he turned his gaze towards me, eyes sparkling with mischief and victory. He wished for me to cower in fear from this giant? He wished for me to stay and be his personal sex slave. Four years, four years I had been under his watch. I would not let another day pass. "VIXAS! DO YOU WISH TO FIGHT FOR YOUR FREEDOM?!" He called out.

      I reached down, taking the two blades from the fallen foes hands, twirling them in my grasp. Smirking, I lifted my right hand, letting the blade shine in the bright light of day, point the blade on it's side, letting it face upwards towards the sun. His eyes went wide as I turned it to where it was just a straight line, ready to aim at his head.

      I chuckled as I saw his Adam's apple bob as he swallowed, brown eyes large with fear.

      Regaining himself quickly, he nodded to the man that would fight me.

     "LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!" He cheered before sitting down in his chair. I smirked before moving my arm to point the blade towards him. The giant sneered at me before taking a step. My eyes focused on the buckling weight of the left knee, knowing that I would need to wait for the right time.

      He charged towards me, removing the large sword from it's resting place on his hip. As he swung at me, the blade reaching me in a matter of seconds, I dodged, rolling away from the pile of death and his blade. Cheering roared around me as I ran to the edge of the arena, beside the gate that had been closed. Moving on of the blades to my back on the pouch, I placed the other in my mouth, climbing up the sharp pieces of metal. I could hear the pounding of feet come towards me as I quickly climbed, still having a few feet to jump from the top of the high gate before I would reach the ledge that held the seats for the watchers. As I took a breath, I pushed myself up in a jump, my hands grasping the railing of the bleachers.

      Gasps filled the air as the giant came closer. Gripping onto the ledge with one hand, the other reaching for my sword, I could see the crystal eyes watching me carefully from his seat, a hand rubbing his chin. Yokeen stood up, gripping the railing as his eyes were wide. I winked at him as the giant came into jumping distance. I made quick work of switching hands, letting the hand with the sword hold onto the railing as I reached for the other one. A moment passed as I cried out, lunging towards the giant. Feeling the blades sink into his flesh in the muscle behind the collar bones, I placed my feet on his shoulder blades. A roar of a dragon filled the air as he twisted and turned, crying out in pain, his sword moving around as he tried to swat me away.

       I removed the sword in his right socket, raising it up to plunge it into the side of his neck. But, as I did, he spun around once more, and his grasp finally got ahold of me. I felt my body being moved forward, my grasp on the handles loosening completely, and the wall of the other side of the arena came closer.

        The world was upside down as I felt my back crash into the stoned wall, hearing a sickening pop and my wrist moved out of place. The giant moved the sword from his body, bending it like a twig before it broke. I let my breath come out harsh as I tried to pop my wrist back in place. But, he was faster than expected. And with no weapon to defend myself, I could see the ground become further away. Air left my lungs as he brought me back down over his knee, causing a rip to crack and my hip to pop in a sickening way. With a clenched jaw, I moved my wrist back into place as I rolled away from his grasp. Cheering sounded around us as I stood up, feeling the burning of my ribs pushing against the barrier of muscle and skin.

       Making agonizingly slow work, I looked for a weapon to help me. But, when I found nothing, I slowly started to see why all the others had been easy compared to this monster. I let out a breath as I crawled on the stoned ground, seeing a twinkling of light in my vision as I got closer to the gate. I could climb up again and jump on him. If I could place my hand in the wound, I could put enough pressure to cause him to pass out. Then, I could end this by cutting his jugular.

      The chanting and cheers left as I reached out to grab the handle of the broken sword. And as my fingers grazed it, it was in my grasp as my ankle was grasped. I cried out as I felt the bit of a blade since into the flesh of my calf as I was pulled back. Turning on my back as he dragged me closer to him, I saw the darkening look of lust in his eyes as he got down on his knees. Cheers and yells of excitement filled the air as my eyes went wide. NO!

       As he crawled over me, his tongue darting out of his mouth to taste my flesh, I moved my arm to allow the blade to go up and cut. Screams filled the air as the length of his tongue was cut, the jagged blade coming up to cut across his cheek and into his eye socket. Getting off of me slightly, he went to get out the blade. And that was my chance to run. Getting up on my feet, I ran to the pile of bodies, wishing for another blade or something useful. And that's when the heavens seemed to open up and have mercy on me.

       "YOU LITTLE CUNT!" I heard the giant slur as the ground started to rumble. Losing my footing as I made it to the pile, I landed on the armored bodies, my hand wrapping around the bow, a sense of hope washing over me. Laying on my back, I watched as he ran towards me, the smoke blowing from his nose, completely black. I was unable to find the arrows that I would need, but I noticed that the limp had grown worse from some falls during the short time. As I searched, I found a thin sword that hadn't been used. Thanking the gods, I grabbed the handle before lining it up with the bow. The giant growled as he lunged for me, the same moment as I released the sword, letting it fly through the air.

       Cheering erupted as I watched the thin blade go completely through his kneecap, causing him to fall over as I rolled from his view, his sword dropped a few feet from him.

        Scrambling to my feet, I grabbed his ankles, pulling him towards the middle of the arena, grabbing the sword and placing it in my mouth as I went backward. The chanting grew louder, death swimming in my eyes as I looked down at him.

        As he tried to scramble away to find a weapon, I pushed the blade side to side, causing him to cry out as the wound opened further, allowing me to see the stone through the hole that it created. Making quick work to remove it, I plunged it into the other knee cap, then watched as the blood pooled over the heated stone.

      Taking the blade from my mouth, I rose it high in the air, watching the light glistens off of it.

       Walking towards his side, I turned to look at the place that Yokeen sat, along with crystal eyes. He still sat, his hand on his jaw as he watched me in the shadows, his eyes taunting me. I turned away from their gazes as I placed my foot on the giants head, pushing it away from his shoulder. He could not move, had no reason to move. His life was now mine.

      I cried out as the blade came down quickly, cutting his head off of his body. Blood pooled as the life left his eyes. My body went slack at the sight of my opponent dead. Swallowing the saliva that had filled my mouth, I looked down at the lifeless body, then to the pile of those that I had ended... all for my freedom. Dropping the handle, I stumbled back from the body, my breathing heavy, my body covered in blood, and the pain of broken rips and a possible broken leg as well.

      The screams of joy filled the arena as I looked up at Yokeen, his face in fear and mouth slack.

      "GIVE ME WHAT I HAVE WON! MY FREEDOM!" I called out, allowing the sweat to drip off of me. At that time, the crystal eyed King must have spoken something to him, for his gaze left me as he went to bow before the man. Words were spoken as a large bag was handed to him, brown eyes wide as a smile grew on his face. I couldn't reach much, but I could understand what was happening. Had I been sold?

       Yokeen turned to me, smiling at the bag. "YOUR REQUEST HAS BEEN DENIED BY HIS MAJESTY OF THE GLASS SEA!" He called back, causing gasps to erupt from the arena, and a yell of frustration and anger from me.

       Running over to the bow and getting a sword, I quickly aimed it at his head. His eyes were filled with lust of the money that he did not notice as I released the thick rope, allowing it to fly through the air, and land between his eyes, plunging through with such force that we had knocked back into his chair. I saw the blood drip down his forehead as I reached for another blade, aiming it at the mans head who believed that I could be bought. I was not a jewel, nor a piece of bread, nor cloth. I was alive, breathing, and had earned my freedom. None of this should have happened for lives to be lost because of something that I should have prevented.

        Screams filled the air as those around ran for an exit as I placed another blade in position to aim it towards his head. He had been escorted by two of the slaves for the pleasure house, and I noticed that there were only two bodies that stood there. The King, standing in a perfect line for a shot to the heart, and Joshua who was confused and trying to call out to me and calm me. But, all that I could hear was the blood rushing in my ears as I pulled back the string and the blade.

       Placing it on my cheek, I aimed at his heart, letting out a breath as the string let, a thud following from the tension released.

       I watched, standing in the same position, as the blade sliced through the air towards him. A smirk started to crawl on my lips as I saw in become closer to him. But it never reached the target.

       His hand moved forward, easily longer than the length of the blade as he caught the blade between his fingers, the handle stopping against his palm. The moment was graceful and quick... completely catching me off guard. He dropped the blade as he stepped over the ledge, bathing in the light. I saw the golden brown hair that fell down his back in soft curls, black eyes watching me with blue edges that matched that of a foaming sea. His body was large, almost as large as the giant, with rippling muscles that were hidden under black, green, and white robes and sand colored trousers. His feet were bare as he quickly closed the distance between us, the crown removed from his head at the balcony.

      Stepping back, I hissed, feeling the canine prominent and dripping with saliva as I reaching for a blade. But, as he stepped closer, the veins prominent in his forearms, his jaw clenched, I noticed that I stood still. His large hand wrapped around my throat as he lifted me from the ground, cutting off my air. I hissed as much as I could, clawing at his hand to try and remove it. But, the longer he held me, the deeper the blue seemed to become.

      I could see the edges of my vision were becoming black, the stars twinkling behind me and around him.

       "You belong to me." he stated in a deep voice as the world went black.

       I felt my body go slack before the world disappeared, and my body being carried close against a chest. My taste of freedom had never seemed to exist.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

2.3M 65.4K 50
~Book One Of The Sold To Series~ *UNEDITED* Sneak peek.......... "Yes, he's my son, please don't hurt him I'll do anything" he begged. Does my dad fi...
1M 21.7K 31
BOOK I of the "Kings and Queens" series Suited for an audience 18 and older. Read at your own discretion. *** "Don't think for a second I don't hate...
34.2K 855 52
___________________________ "You were mine the second you put your signature on that contract." He looked at me with pure lust and dominance in his...
397K 7.7K 22
Rated R "Please, faster," I begged but he didn't oblige. "No, my control, my pace," he said. Then, I felt his lips on mine as he continued easing in...