Trilogy

By NoSleepTillBrooklyn

Three best friends with a bond stronger than anything the world could throw at them, or so they thought, figh... More

Introductions.
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Author's Note

Chapter 36

721 23 2
By NoSleepTillBrooklyn

Winter.

My Christmas is going great. My Mama is home, my baby is healthy, and it just seems like everything is balanced in my life right now. My sisters came to see me and I fell in love with King's puppy. We exchanged gifts and they got the chance to meet Mama. It's been so much going on that I didn't get a chance to introduce them properly. They bonded pretty well they even gave her a gift. That was sweet and now Mama is trying to go get them a gift like all the stores are open on Christmas.

King got me a plush pregnancy pillow that had my name on it and some fuzzy socks. This will come in handy after dinner when I pass out from eating the whole refrigerator. My appetite is through the roof. I have to carry snacks around just to stay sane. Aaryn got me a cute little lunch tote to carry my snacks in and a big T-shirt that said mommy to be. I got them both shirts that said Auntie's and a framed picture of my first ultrasound. Then King got a custom pull over that says "King, and you are?" and Aaryn got one that says "A comes first, then the rest of you." because you know my girls are top notch the rest are basic back of the line hoes.

After they left I started getting ready. Tonight is going to be a little uneasy. My father does not know my Mama is back. Michelle invited me to have dinner with the whole family so when I go over there Mama will be with me.

While I waited for the shower to get warm I went to remind Mama we would be leaving in a few hours.

"Hey Mama. Don't forget we are leaving for dinner later."

"Oh yeah. Thanks for reminding me." She said sighing deeply.

"What's wrong?"

"I forgave him a long time ago but that doesn't replace the hurt he caused me. I don't know if I am ready to face him."

"If you aren't ready now when will you be ready?"

"Probably never. Something like this is hard to deal with."

"You have to face this Mama. It's now or never. Consider it something like closure."

"I guess but on a happier note I love your friends. It was so sweet of them to get me a gift and they didn't even really know me."

"Those are my girls. We fall out every once in a while but eventually we come around. That's how I know we are sisters for life. No matter what we go through we always come back together. We recently had the biggest fight ever and it even got physical. We shunned each other for a month or so but then we slowly but surely fixed it and they have been so supportive during this pregnancy ever since. I don't know what I would do without them."

"I am glad you have found that. Not many people have someone close to them that are not blood but still family."

"Yeah, I'm about to go get in the shower. I just came to remind you about later."

"Okay. I guess I'll be doing the same."

I took my time in the shower washing of the long week I had and washing my hair. It's been a while since I've really taken care of myself and I don't want to fall off just because I am with child. After I did everything I needed to do I got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around most of me. I made a mental note to get bigger towels.

While I was drying off my phone vibrated on the bed.

Jeremy: Merry Christmas.

I've been talking to Jeremy everyday since Winter formal. I still don't know what to think about him and this "friendship" he claims to want.

Me: Same to you.

Jeremy: Do you have plans tonight?

Me: Yeah.

Jeremy: Damn, okay.

Me: Why what you trying to do?

Jeremy: I wanted to know if you wanted to restart the tradition.

Way back when I was still dumb and was dating Jeremy I would spend the day with The 3 then at night I would sneak out and meet Jeremy and we would just walk and talk ending up in places we didn't even know existed. Then come back just before sunrise.

Me: That was so long ago.

Jeremy: I know but I thought we could get back to how we were but you are busy so never mind.

Me: Oh okay.

Honestly his offer was tempting but I have priorities, I can't just think about myself anymore. I shook off the thoughts and continued to get dressed which took some time because I stopped for a snack and forgot that I was supposed to be getting dressed. After I was done and completely dressed with hair and shoes I made my way to the living room rubbing circles on my protruding belly. I'm about 5 months now.

"Mama, are you ready?"

"Yes. Here I come."

She stepped into the living room and my jaw dropped to the floor.

"Mama you look amazing."

"You think so?" She asked smoothing out imaginary wrinkles in her dress.

I nodded lost for words. She was wearing a strapless, navy blue, sheer and lace chiffon styled dress with perfectly matched shoes. With the jewelry I got her for Christmas. Her hair was in huge ringlettes falling over her shoulders.

"You look great Mama."

"Thanks Ivy."

"You ready to go?"

"Yes. I'll grab my coat on the way out."

I led the way to my car and she followed locking up the house.

"My father won't be able to keep his eyes off you." I said while driving.

After I thought about what I had just said it occurred to me that she wanted exactly that.

"Mama, don't start anything tonight."

"Ivy. I don't plan on doing anything. I really had to convince myself to even go tonight so I figured I should look good since I am seeing him after all this time."

It made sense but she wasn't fooling me. I know what she has going on in her head. I just hope this night goes well.

I pulled into the driveway hesitantly. I was starting to think that this was a bad idea and I should just take us back home.

"Come on Ivy we have to face this." Mama said trying to convince herself more than me.

"Okay."

I turned off the car and wrapped my coat closer around me as I stepped into the cold weather. We strode up to the door ringing the door bell. Mama stood further behind me seeing as though nobody knew she was coming or even alive. The door opened and the warmth enveloped me.

"Winter where is your key? You shouldn't be standing out here in the cold. The ba- " Patricia started scolding me but stopped when she noticed our other guest.

"Winter who is this? She looks just like... Arianna" Patricia asked whispering the last part to herself.

I motioned for Mama to step closer so Patricia could see more clearly. There was a pause like the world was on hold then they screamed and embraced each other. I released the breath I didn't realize I was holding.

"How? I thought.... But you just.... Wow." Patricia said trying to sort everything out.

"Can we be happy inside? Sometimes it gets a little cold in the middle of the winter."

"Get in here."

"Patricia what is all the screaming for?" My father asked stepping into view as we were taking our coats off.

It all seemed to happen in slow motion. Mama was shrugging her coat off then she turned around and they made eye contact. It was like those scenes in the movies but happening right in front of me. His eyes were falling out of his head and his jaw was laying on the floor at the sight of her.

"Hello David." Mama said.

He still stood speechless still as we walked passed him.

"Father." I said acknowledging him and continued to the kitchen. That seemed to snap him out of it.

"Hello Winter."

He followed us still in awe.

"Hello Michelle."

"Winter I think we have known each other long enough to form a closer bond call me mom to make you more comfortable." She said.

This is the part in the movie where the record scratches because someone says something crazy that messes up the flow.

"She already has a mother." Mama said getting defensive.

As this was happening I tried to sneak a tamale and wrap it in a napkin but Patricia caught me.

"Honey." Michelle said sounding like she was calling for backup. Which was useless because he was too busy watching Mama as she flipped her hair or when she made the slightest of movements.

"Honey!" She said with a little more urgency.

"Yeah? Uhm.. Yes? What did you say?" He said trying to regain his composure.

"Care to introduce us?"

I didn't quite like her tone. She better not get greasy with my Mama. I didn't slap her the first time we meet when she wouldn't shut up but this time I will backhand her ass with a slice of ham.

"Okay. Uhm. This is Arianna, W-"

"Arianna Carter." Mama interrupted.

"My ex wife and Winter's mother." He finished.

Ex? I questioned to myself.

"Oh no, not ex wife. We are currently still married." Mama corrected.

"If a couple is separated for more than four to five years they are legally divorced." Michelle snapped.

"I am sure there is an exception clause in there just in case a husband sells his wife to the mafia. So with that being said I'm the Mrs. and you are the mistress. Nice to meet you by the way."

Patricia and I were so shocked at her words but secretly holding in our laughter.

"The food is ready. Let's eat." Patricia said redirecting the conversation.

"Great idea." My father said finally coming back to reality.

We went into the big dinning room since there were more relatives coming soon, like always.

"Honey you don't want to wait until the rest of the family get here?"

"No we can start now and they can join us as they get here."

That is another part I am worried about too. The family doesn't know I'm pregnant so I am sure that will be a conversation I would rather die before having.

"Okay fine. May I speak to you please?"

"Yes."

The stepped out so Mama and I made our way into the kitchen where the food is at.

"Now Winter don't eat it all. There is only two of you not 200." Patricia said making jokes.

"Haha. Just for that I'll take the whole tray off tamales to my seat."

Christmas tamales are my favorite dish ever. That has been a tradition in the family ever since I could remember.

"He can't take his eyes off you Arianna." Patricia said.

"You do look good Mama."

"Thanks."

"Are you here for good?"

"Not exactly."

"What do you mean?" I said almost dropping my plate.

"Oh no not like that. I meant with David."

"Oh okay."

"And why not? I'm so tired of that damn Michelle. She thinks she is some Malibu barbie or something. She got one more time to snap her fingers at me before I snap on her."

I stared at Patricia in shock. This is the first time I've ever heard her curse.

"Excuse my language." She ended.

"I don't want to have this conversation right now. David and I didn't leave off on great terms so a relationship is out of the question."

"Hmph." Patricia said taking my plate to the table.

"Hey there is more food I would like to put on that plate."

"You can come back for more later. That poor plate was about to give out."

"WHY IS SHE EVEN HERE DAVID!?" Michelle screamed from the other room.

"ARE YOU BACK WITH HER NOW? IS THIS YOUR WAY OF TELLING ME THE WEDDING IS OFF?"

"Michelle lower your voice." He replied calmly.

I guess they got tired of whispering.

"DON'T SPEAK TO ME LIKE I AM YOUR CHILD. YOU CAN'T EVEN CONTROL HER. THAT'S WHY SHE IS PREGNANT NOW."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

189 47 31
When childhood best friends Declan and Holly are unexpectedly brought back together years later, their once unbreakable bond is put to the test. As t...
5K 223 45
Note to self. If I make any more friends, in particular best friends do not kiss their sisters. Terms and Conditions include full, step and especia...
Bruises By E.J.

General Fiction

337K 11.8K 32
(TH#3)“'If you can look me in the eye and tell me anybody has ever held you like this, kissed you like this, loved you like this, then I will let you...
465 58 17
Two best friends. One night. That's is all it took to change the life of a young girl... Following contains: • Cussing • Sexual content • Suicidal th...