Hacked IInto my heart ( daves...

By erisolshipper

DaveXSollux (Applebees) Sollux's parents died when he was young, leaving him and his adopted sister, Aradia... More

1: Where Did I Go Wrong?
2: Just One More
3: Friends?
4: So This Is Him...
5: Dirk You Ass
6: YOUR SC3NT 1S STR4NG3
7: Spin the Faygo
8: Never Speak Of This
9: Bro
10: Mistake
12: Skating With Him
13: Mistletoes
14: Awkward
15: Lies
16: Privacy
17: Let Me Love You
18: Evidence
19: JUST1C3
Epilogue

11: Presents and Suspicion

926 59 51
By erisolshipper

Daves POV:

"Hey, I'm gonna go get pizza or some shit like that. Can you grab a random sweater from the closet for me?" I asked Sollux who was just sitting beside me, watching the screen as I played Call of Duty.
It sucks that we don't have fucking cable, so video games will just have to do for now.. Dirk said once we have a tv for the living room, then we'll get cable. That was like two years ago though. It's not gonna happen.

"Uh yeah 2ure."
Sollux got up and walked to the closet as I shot somebody.

"Aw hell yeah!"

Crash!

I jumped and paused, looking to the side.

"II opened iit and that fell out!" He pointed.

I quickly walked over and saw my jar of savings, broken and scattered on the floor. Damn.

I kneeled down and began to pick it up.
"Heh, it's fine. I shouldn't have even out this in a jar in the first place. Can you help me pick it up?"

Sollux kneeled down and started helping.
"Whoa, where'd you get all thii2 ca2h?"

"I used to help Egbert clean his dad's car when we were younger. He paid us for it, well me because John would always get the car dirty again somehow.  I also had a job at liquor store once during the summer after graduating from high school. The owner fired me when he found out I was sorta taking Apple juices home.."

Sollux laughed and gathered up some coins.

I smiled and got a small box from my desk, putting the money in there.
"I always find change around, and sometimes on the streets I find like five bucks? It all adds up pretty quickly.."

"What're you 2aviing iit for?"

"To get out of here.. I hate living here.. Once I get a little more, I plan on renting out my own apartment.. I've been looking for jobs too, but nothing so far.." I sighed and put the box back on the top shelf in the closet. We started picking up the glass.

"Doe2 Diirk-"
"No, and I don't plan on telling him I have that money or even plan on leaving. He might take it for his stupid robot parts and shit.."

Sollux nodded and we cleaned in silence for a while. After we finished cleaning, we both stood.

"Uh, here2 your 2weater."

"Dude, that's a t-shirt."

"Fuck, II grabbed the wrong one." He groaned and put it back, handing me the actual sweater.

I laughed and put it on, "Thanks. Wanna come wit- Wait, Nevermind."

"What? Why can't II come?"

"Because I just remember Christmas is coming up. Forget pizza, I'm going to the mall. You wouldn't want to ruin your gift, would you?"

"My giift?"

"Yeah."

"Your gettiing me 2omethiing?"

"Yeah of course. Why do you seem so surprised?" I raised an eyebrow.

Sollux looked down and away from my direction.
"II.. Uh.. II've never gotten a pre2ent beefore.. Or even celebrated Chrii2tma2.."

". . . . . . You got to be fucking kidding me. . . . "

"Uh-"

I grabbed my wallet and his wrist, pulling him out of the room.
"You're coming with me now."

"But II thought- "
"You've never celebrated fucking Christmas! I gotta go show you the spirit of Christmas at the mall and in public! Now get a fucking jacket and let's go!"

I wrote a note to Dirk, who was locked in his room, saying that Sollux and I went out.
I placed it on the fridge in the kitchen and waited for Sollux to get a jacket. Once he came out of the room, I ran over, grabbed his wrist, and pulled him out of the house.

It's gonna get like fuckin' Christmas up in here..

Y'know, since Christmas is like almost here..

Sollux's POV:

"Dave! Would you 2low down! You're kiilliing me!" I stopped and put my hand against a lamp post, trying to catch my breath.

"Aw come on Lisps. I've only been running for-"
"THREE HOUR2, YOU 2HIITFUCK!"

"Really? It's only felt like ten minutes."

"Fuck.. You.." I walked over to a bench and sat down. "And why the fuck am II carryinig ALL the bags?!"

"Because I'm holding your gift right here. I'm making you hold the others so you're distracted." He smirked, waving round a white bag.

I growled and rolled my eyes. "Whatever.. Are we almo2t done?"

"Almost.. I still need to get a present for Tavros. Maybe some rapping CD to actually TEACH him. Come on."
He grabbed my by the hood of my sweater and pulled me into a music store.

"You go look around if you want.. I'll be over here." He pointed to an aisle and walked to it. I sighed and walked the opposite direction.

"Hmm.." I walked around a bit and stopped when something caught my eye.

On the floor, next to a shelf with t-shirts of artists, was something green.
I looked around to see if anyone was near me.
Nope.

I picked it up- Holy shits it's a hundred dollar bill..

I grinned and quickly stuffed it in my pocket. Maybe I can use it to get out of here?

No, it's not enough.. I need more.. Maybe if I-

No way! I am NOT stealing any money from Dave's savings.
Although he doesn't have enough... And it's not like we're going to go anywhere in a relationship..
He clearly stated that it was a mistake.

Maybe getting out of this place can help me not think about Dave.. And the crush that I may or may not have on him..

I sighed and walked around more until ANOTHER thing caught my eye. This time, it was red.

I stared at a box with red headphones inside. On the front it said.

Best headphones of the year! Noise canceling and comfortable! Comes with play/pause button along the wire. Durable wire with 6 year warranty!

Hmm.. These seem really cool..
Maybe I can use the money to gat Dave a present.. That'd be great..

I checked the pri- HOLY SHIT THATS ALMOST ALL MY MONEY. I'll only have like 2-3 bucks left!

I looked over in the aisle Dave was in. He was holding two different cases in his hands, looking back and forth between them.

I took the hundred dollar bill out of my pocket and sighed.
For Dave.

I grabbed the box and scurried to the cashier, hoping Dave wouldn't see me.
I quickly paid for the headphones and his the box in one of the bags I was carrying.

I waited for Dave to finish shopping. He came up to the front of the store, where I was waiting.

"Alright, I got him a cd. Maybe he'll actually learn some sick rhymes and we can have the sickest rap battle ever."

"Ha, that'd be cool."

"Have you ever rapped before?"

"No, but II bet I could kiick your a22."

Dave stated at me and burst out laughing. "Haha! Oh my god! Is that a challenge I hear?"

"Maybee.."

"You are SO on, Captor.. Tonight when we get home, we will battle. If I win, you gotta call me Master of Rap for now on and do whatever I ask you to for the rest of the year."

"Ha. IIf II wiin.." I stopped to think for a moment. "IIf II wiin, you have to bee my per2onal 2ervant. Fetch me a cup of juiice whenever II call, and maybe II'll reward you wiith a gentle pap! Liike thii2." I smirked and gave the top o his head, a small pap.

"Deal?" He stuck his hand out to me.

"Deal." I grinned and shook his hand.

"Hey look!" Dave pointed.

I looked and saw an ice skating rink. It was filled with people.
"Come on! We should go skate!"

"Uh.. But IIve never- AH!" He pulled me to it.

This is gonna suck...

Dirks POV:

"Alright, hurry up and get your asses outa here before Dave and Sollux get back home. I don't need another confrontation of what happened." I gently pushed Jake and John towards the front door as they put on their shirts and glasses.

"Oh my god, Dave's going to kill us later.." John said, blushing as he adjusted his glasses.

"He won't find out John." Jake patted his back. "So, should we do this again when they're outa the house, Dirk?"

"Yup. Or maybe we could go to yours English. You said Jade is barely at your place anymore."

"Oh yeah, didn't she like.. Move in with Feferi or Rose?" John tilted his head.

"With Feferi, yes." Jake nodded. "I suppose we can continue these activities at my place next time."

"Sounds great." I smirked and slapped their asses as they walked out of the house.

God, I'm so tired out..

I walked back to my room, and sat at the desk. I saw that my auto responder was responding to someone pestering me.

GC: OK4Y YOU K33P S4Y1NG H3'S BUSY! 1N33D TO T4LK TO H1M

TT: I already stated that Dirk was busy and you should come back later to talk to him about whatever it is you wish to talk about.

TT: So shoo.

GC: YOUV3 B33N S4Y1NG H3S BUSY FOR TH3 P4ST HOUR! WH4T 1S H3 3V3N DO1NG?

TT: That's classified information that I cannot release to any-

I shut it off for now.

TT: Yo. It's me. I turned off my auto responder.

GC: OH TH3R3 YOU 4R3.

GC: 1 W4S R34LLY G3TT1NG 4NNOY3D.

TT: Your problem, not mine. Anyways, what do you want?

GC: 1 W3NT B4CK TO TH3 P3ST3RLOG OF TH3 GROUP CH4T. YOU W3R3 B31NG 4WFULLY QU13T WH3N 1 ST4RT3D T4LK1NG 4BOUT TH3 SUSP3CT.

TT: Yes, and your point is?

GC: WHY? >:?

GC: 1S TH3R3 SOM3TH1NG YOU W4NT TO S4Y?

TT: Well...

TT: I may or may not have a suspicion of who that person is..

GC: R34LLY?

TT: Yeah, but I don't want to get too stressed about it.. I'm going to wait until the news report on LOLAR News so I can be sure of myself.

GC: F1N3.

GC: 1 GU3SS TH4TS 4 GOOD MOV3. TH3 POL1C3 H4V3 D3C1D3D TO R3L34S3 MOR3 1NFORM4T1ON ON TH3 C4S3 THROUGH TH3 N3WS.

GC: MY MOM TOLD M3.

TT: Okay.

TT: It's really been messing with my head. I'll just wait..

TT: Change of subject. Have you gotten presents yet? I did my Christmas shopping like... A month ago.. I still gotta get a couple of things though..

GC: Y3S, W3LL.. MOST TH1NGS!

GC: 1M H34D1NG OUT 1N 4 WH1L3 TO TH3 M4LL.

TT: Cool. You might see Dave and Sollux there. They're shopping right now I guess?

GC: OH R34LLY?

GC: 1 SHOULD GO TH3N! PROB4Y H4NG OUT W1TH TH3M.

TT: Yeah you do that.

GC: BY3- OH 4ND YOUR 4UTO R3SPOND3R 1S 4 DOUCH3.

TT: Hello. Dirk just turned me back on when you sent your message.

TT: So fuck you too.

Yeah he's a bit of a douche.. I have to admit that..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16K 483 50
They thought Sburb was as bad as it could get. They thought that, after everything they had gone through, they would be prepared for almost anything...
8.2K 241 28
Karkat: "I, Karkat Vantas, have a fucked up home life. Sometimes I wonder why my life turned out the way it did, but other times I figure it is becau...
4K 141 5
Plane Crash/ Survivor AU (DirkJake) After boarding a plane for a family event, Dirk and Jake reunite awkwardly after a horrible past when they rea...
53.9K 1.8K 17
Your name is Dave Strider. You're 16 years old. You have an.. Interesting career. ---- 16 year old Dave Strider is a demon hunter with his older bro...