Sky Angel - Volume 2

By silverstars97

When Crystal falls into trouble, she reunites with the Avengers as they embark on a journey to catch the ones... More

Chapter 1 - Reunion
Chapter 2 - Trespassing the Headquarters
Chapter 3 - My Other Half
Chapter 5 - Turning Point
Chapter 6 - Passion, Friendship, and Sadness
Chapter 7 - The Power of Feelings
Chapter 8 - The Star-Spangled Rescue
Chapter 9 - S.H.I.E.L.D. vs HYDRA! Sibling Rivalry!
Chapter 10 - Passing Days

Chapter 4 - A Normal Day

1.8K 45 8
By silverstars97

Chapter 4 - A Normal Day

The next day...

Since Father let us have a break until further notice, I returned to my normal apartment in New York. I haven't really been at home for a while since I was assisting Father in S.H.I.E.L.D.

A lot has happened ever since Loki came two times.

Everytime I walk around, I always remember what happened that day.

I remembered the bomb and the destruction that was caused.

But I smiled due to our splendid victory.

I wasn't really going to do much today. Today I just thought I would walk around, taking a little stroll, until I heard a familiar voice behind me.

"Crystal!"

I turned around to the voice and found Steve running towards me. I was surprised as he bent down, panting.

"I'm glad I caught up to you!"

"Steve...I didn't know you were in New York too," I spoke with surprise.

He stood up with a smile, "Well, I live here. Don't you remember?"

--

"Here. This paper has all of their locations. They are not far from where we are right now. Right now, they are all scattered in New York."

"Second: Captain America - Steve Rogers (last seen in apartment)"

"Let's do this," I thought as I followed the directions to the location.

When I arrived at the apartment, I pushed the door bell.

A man stood in front of me wearing a long-sleeved shirt tucked in his pants, with blonde hair and blue eyes.

"Umm..Steve Rogers?"

"Yes?"

I got out my identification card. "My name is Crystal Fury."

He took the identification card.

"Nick Fury's daughter."

"Yes, sir."

--

"I remember," I said with a smile. "That was when we first met."

He nodded, "Yeah. So, anyways.." He started to scratch his head, "Do you want to, uh....like um...hang out....or something? T-To get to know more about each other?"

I smiled, "Sure!"

He smiled back, "Okay!" We started to walk together. "Umm....just so you know, I am still not used to everything right now.."

"Oh don't worry, I guess I should give you a little tour," I said with a smile as we approached Time Square.

I started to show him many different places and many different things that he might not know about. A long the way, we ate some food, and got some souvenirs. It was so much fun, getting to know more about him during this day.

Once it was starting to get late, we decided to go to a place where we can get a great view of New York.

The sun was slowly about to set which made the sky a beautiful crimson red.

"Today was really fun," Steve said. He looked at me, "Thank you for today."

I looked back at him with a smile, "You're welcome. I had fun too."

We continued to look at each other when my heart started to beat rapidly. I looked back at the sky embarrassed, "I-Isn't the sky beautiful?"

He smiled at my reaction then looked at the sky, "Yeah. It is."

We looked at the sky as birds flew by.

"Did you find out about Raine?", he asked. That was so sudden that I reacted with surprise. "Did you ask your Father about her?"

I looked down and answered, "It turned out that she IS my sister."

He looked at me, "Really?"

I looked back at the sky, "My Father and my Mother divorced when he found out that she was working for Hydra."

He continued to look at me.

"When they separated, Father took me while my Mother took Raine. Years later, I found out that my Mother died from a rare illness. That was a time where I still didn't know that I had a sister. So, now I'm wondering, how she lived when she died." I clenched my fists. "I believe Hydra took her in and she was raised by the leader. I can't believe that she..my own sister..would be my enemy."

Tears started to roll down my cheeks as I started to tremble.

"Why did Mother have to go to the dark side? This would have never happened if she...."

"Crystal...", Steve muttered as he placed a hand on my shoulder.

I lifted my face as I wiped my tears, "I'm sorry...I shouldn't be crying like this...."

"It's okay."

I stopped wiping my tears as he looked at me with gentle eyes. "It's good to let it out."

I looked at me as he placed both hands on my shoulders. "I'm here for you," he spoke with a smile.

I continued to look at him as I continued to cry. "I just......I miss....my Mother.....I don't....want to fight my sister.....I......"

Steve gently brought me close to him and wrapped his arms around me. 

"Warm.....he's....warm....", I thought as I felt calm within his embrace. I held onto his shirt as I sobbed against his chest.

"It's alright, Crystal......everything will be okay.....don't worry....", he spoke sweetly as he placed his chin on my head and patted my head while he held me.

At that moment, the sun completely set and all that was left was a beautiful orange and crimson sky.

--

Later that day...

"Again, thank you for today...", I said as we were at a bus stop. I started to walk in the direction of my apartment.

"Wait! Where are you going?", Steve asked.

"I'm going to my apartment."

"Alone? In this weather?", he asked.

"It's only windy," I spoke like the weather wasn't going to be a problem.

He ran towards me and stopped, "I can't let you walk alone at a time like this."

"Y-You don't have to."

"I must," he insisted. I looked to the side. I couldn't turn him down, so I smiled and said, "All right."

He smiled back as we started to walk towards my apartment.

--

As we walked, the wind started to blow stronger than before.

My coat was not enough.

I started to shiver until Steve's arm was wrapped around my shoulder.

"Steve?", I asked in surprise, but he just smiled at me.

Then, dark clouds surrounded the sky as rain started to pour.

"Ah! We have to go now!", I yelled as we ran towards my apartment.

--

We went inside immediately, dripping wet.

"Come in," I said as I got our coats and immediately put them in a place where they could dry.

He took off his shoes and socks and stood as I got a bucket and immediately got some hot chocolate ready.

I went back to the living room, "Go ahead and sit down."

"Your couch will get wet," he said with a worried voice.

"It's all right," I said with a reassuring smile.

He sat down as I gave him a towel, "Here."

He took the towel, "Thanks." He wiped his hair and his arms. 

"Go ahead and take your clothes off..."

"What?", Steve asked as he heard my sudden question.

"Do you want to catch a cold?", I asked.

He pursed his lips as he started to lift his shirt. Unfortunately, since it was wet, he had some trouble removing his shirt.

By reflex, I started to help him remove his shirt. Once his shirt was off, I realized what I did and blushed as I immediately started to rinse his shirt while the bucket caught the water.

Steve realized what I did as he looked at me, still dripping wet. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah. Why?", I spoke as I kept on rinsing his shirt.

"You are still wet. Can't you take care of yourself before me?"

"No..."

"Why not?"

"I owe you."

"I don't understand."

"If you didn't come to me, then I would have had a boring day today. I had no plans today. I just wanted to walk around. If we never went out today, then, I wouldn't have been able to smile more than I have ever before. So, please....let me do this for you..."

Steve continued to look at me as he just let me take care of him.

--

"H-Here...", I gave him some clothes that I found. "These are Father's clothes. I keep them whenever he comes to visit."

Steve took them, "Thanks."

"You can put them on in the bathroom."

He made his way to the bathroom after I showed him where to go. As he was going there, he found my room. Curious, he walked inside and found my diary on my desk. By reflex, he took it in his hand and opened it.

"Steve, did you find the--", I noticed he was in my room, looking at my diary. I stormed in, "What are you doing?!"

I took my diary from his hands as it fell on the floor, where newspaper clippings of Captain America fell on the floor and a specific page opened up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

287K 6.4K 43
When Alice Stark begins to exhibit signs of powers related to the Tesseract, Tony Stark is forced to call in Thor and Loki for help. As Loki and Alic...
32.4K 609 19
(Y/N) was taken by Hydra at a young age then tortured for almost 12 years and put under Hydra hypnosis turning her into a deadly assassin, maybe bett...
18.8K 239 32
"Avengers Earth's mightiest heroes. That's who they were." "Name one hero who was happy." "This is a story that gets darker with time." Loki has es...
876 49 21
Bella goes on this big adventure to find the missing treasure, that turns out to be magic crystals?! She goes to cave to cave, searching to find them...