Chapter 5 - Turning Point

"Steve, did you find the--", I noticed he was in my room, looking at my diary. I stormed in, "What are you doing?!"

I took my diary from his hands as it fell on the floor, where newspaper clippings of Captain America fell on the floor and a specific page opened up.

I immediately bent down and collected everything.

"What is all this?", he asked.

"I told you before....once....I found out about you....I became attracted to you immediately...", I spoke.

"That newspaper clipping is from the first fight in New York with Loki," Steve pointed out.

"Y-Yeah...." I stood up, "The truth is...I don't know if you remember...but....you saved my life that day..."

He looked at me as he started to have images of what happened that day running through his mind.

"I was cornered by Chitauri soldiers and then you crashed through the window. Hit them with your shield. Then, you held me in your arms as we landed back to the street.

Steve remembered that happening as he remembered what he said: "Ma'am are you alright?"

"Y-Yeah I'm fine..."

"Good. Go with the others over there. You'll be safe."

He started to run off as I stopped him, "Thank you!"

He smiled at me, "You're welcome." Then, he ran off.

"You saved me. So, I promised...that I would do anything for you. Helping you right now is me fulfilling that promise," i said with confident eyes.

He continued to look at me as the room became silent.

--

The rain continued to poor heavily as Steve went out of the bathroom.

"Was bringing him here a good decision?" I sighed loudly as he placed the towel on the couch and did not say a word.

The room was silent again.

Until...

"So...you were that girl..."

I reacted with surprise.

"Since you said that you would do anything for me, then...."

I looked at him as he looked at me with a smile, "...I have no choice but to count on you..."

I looked at him as I slowly created a smile on my face.