By Your Side. (Sequel to Art...

reedperson tarafından

Phoebe Castro has known Archer Connor for her entire life. Literally. He's her rock, he's the one who speaks... Daha Fazla

By Your Side. (Prologue)
By Your Side. (1)
By Your Side. (2)
By Your Side. (3)
By Your Side. (4)
By Your Side. (5)
By Your Side *Preview*
By Your Side. (6)
By Your Side. (7)
By Your Side. (8)
By Your Side. (9, Part 1)
By Your Side. (10)
By Your Side. (11)
By Your Side. (12)
By Your Side. (13)
By Your Side. (14)
By Your Side. (15)
By Your Side. (16)
By Your Side. (17)
By Your Side. (18)
By Your Side. (19)
By Your Side. (20)
By Your Side. (21)
By Your Side. (21, Part 2)
By Your Side. (22)
By Your Side. (24)
By Your Side. (25)
By Your Side. (26)
By Your Side. (27)
By Your Side. (28)
By Your Side. (29)
By Your Side. (30)
By Your Side. (31)
By Your Side. (32) - Epilogue
By Your Side Oneshot - Nemo

By Your Side. (23)

13.4K 170 18
reedperson tarafından

I heard someone approaching and looked up to see a mass of auburn hair heading toward me, pushing a stroller. I waited until Dylan got there and stopped the stroller.

"Hey." I said softly.

"Hey, Phoebe." She turned to the grave and addressed it. "Molly."

"What are you doing here?" 

"What?" She asked innocently. "I can't visit my best friend?"

I stared at her. She stared back defiantly. I looked away, sighing and kneeling down to look at Gabby and Sophie, sleeping against each other. They were adorable.

"They're looking for me, aren't they?"

Her answer surprised me. "No. I ordered them not to. Of course, Archer protested, but I convinced them that you needed some space."

"And then you came after me," I stated flatly. I looked up at her and she folded her arms. "Well, yeah. I did need to make sure that you weren't running away or something. Are you?" She looked at me strangely. "If you are, you're very well ill-equipped. I've done it a couple of times and I can tell you, you're doing it all wrong."

I looked at her. "You ran away from home?"

She sniffed. "Once or twice. You know, before I met Jude. I was kind of mad at my parents." She sat down on the ground and lifted one of the twins onto her lap. Sophie. She smiled down at her daughter. I took Gabby from the stroller and sat down beside her, our knees touching. 

"I'm a horrible person." I said without thinking. Dylan sounded starled. "What?"

"You heard me. I self-absorbed and I only care what happens to me, not to Archer. I see what I want and I go for it, no matter the consequences. I don't deserve Archer."

"Of course you do," she said soothingly. "After all, isn't that what this whole 'imprinting' thing is about? You finding your perfect match?"

I shook my head. "I think they messed up this time, Dylan."

"Okay, now you're just being completely stupid." She snapped. She gripped my shoulders and shook me a little. "Snap out of it, Phob. Don't be stupid. Think about him and you. It feels right, right?"

"Right..." I said uncertainly.

"Then there's no question about it. Even though you've been kind of dumb through the years--I mean, come on, it was kind of obvious from the way he looked at you and stuff. Are you blind, chicka? He practically blew a gasket when you started dating."

Oh. Well, that explained his disappearance. It puzzled me. It also made me feel ike crap. The thought of Archer with someone else made me feel sick and angry. The thought of even being with someone else made my stomach turn.

"Plus, there was the way that he was super overprotective of you, the way he supports you all of the time, how long he kept the secret because he thought you were too young to know--"

"Dylan?"

"Yep?"

"Not helping."

"Oh. Sorry. Anyways, I think that now that you know, you guys should talk it out like responsible adults. Then, as an apology, you should do him."

"What?"

"Sorry. I used the words 'responsible adult' in a sentence, I had to have something silly to cancel it out."

I burst out laughing. She laughed along with me, her eyes bright. "Better?" She asked.

"Surprisingly, yes."

"I was actually kind of serious, you know? I bruised Jude's feelings and guess what the quick fix was?"

"Dylan!"

"Okay, sorry." She grinned. "You're just lucky that you don't have Jude's mom for a mother-in-law. She has no discrepency at all. You coud hardly stand with her for three minutes without her making some kind of inneduo. Still, she was nice."

"Wonderful."

"So, are you ready to go face him?" She asked, looking at me.

I bit my lip, looking at her. "Almost. There's something I need to do first."

*

"Dad?"

My dad looked up and stood from the table, walked over to me in huge strides and hugging me. I was so shocked taht I could barely put my arms back around him before he stepped back and examined me.

"You're okay?" He sounded unsure. I nodded, too shocked to speak.

His eyes were red around the pupils, and the color had gone darker, like a sea storm. He looked just as worried as Archer, if not more.

He hugged me again and we both exhaled shakily.

"I'm sorry, for, you know, keeping it from you. It was a mistake."

I shook my head. "You and Archer were right. I wouldn't have been able to handle it." as much as it hurt to admit it, that was the truth.

"But Phoebe--"

"No." I cut him off. "Let me finish. All these year's I've been acting like I'm the only one who's in pain, and while I have Archer and my friends, you don't have anyone. I should've been there for you. And I know that I've been acting pretty bratty these days too."

He chuckled. "Yep."

I glared at him. "Okay, no need for the laughter. I just wanted to say that I'm sorry."

I turned to leave and find Archer, but his voice stopped me. "Phoebe?"

I turned. "Yeah, dad?"

He looked slightly awkward as he opened his mouth, closed it, then opened it again. "I'll, um, see you at dinner?"

I shrugged and nodded. "Sure. I think. Depends on how long the talk with Archer is."

"Oh, well, take your time." He smiled crookedly.

I smiled back and left.

*

As expected, he was in the treehouse. He was sitting on the edge, legs dangling. His blank expression made me nervous but I climbed the rope ladder anyways. I took the spot next to him.

For a moment, we sat in silence. I fiddled with a leaf that had landed on the aging wood. 

I felt awkward. Was this how it was supposed to feel, after you found your other half? Worse, he was my best friend. I shouldn't feel like I want to run away from him.  

 He cleared his throat. "Uh, do you want to...go and get something to eat?"

Was he asking me out on a date? Really? Oh my God. Oh. My. God. How do I respond? Sure, I've been on a ton of dates, but still. This was Archer. Not just some random guy. Do I play it cool or squeal or grin or just shrug and--

"I get it, you're not ready for that yet." He sounded hurt.

"Wait, what? No, it's fine, it's totally fine, Archer!"

He beamed. "Really? Cool, then let's go."

I stared at him like he had two heads. "Are you insane? I have to change first."

He snorted, rolling his eyes. "Girls."

I stared at him until he backed down, raising his hands. "Fine, fine, don't go all 'Ice Queen' on me. I'll take you home so you can change."

~*~

Hey guys! Okay, so everything's a bit awkward but it'll work out...right? Maybe, maybe not *mischevious grin* this chapter's dedicated to JordieXx for being an awesome friend and helping me with my covers! So I need you to decide: which one should I pick? They are posted on this chapter and the three before this one, so just tell me which one you like best based on the chapter! Or if you like the old one, just say so :D 

The next chapter will be long and hilarious, I promise. All of this serious stuff is depressing me lol. So comic relief, everyone!

Sorry for the long author's note, piece out, and don't forget to check out my Watty Awards books:

-An Idiot's Guide to Life

and

-The Grim Reaper's Surrogate

Kay, bye!

*Not edited

S.G.R.

***Edit

Sorry! Computer's being a jerk so if you want to see the other two, comment and I'll send them!

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

191M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
16.9M 650K 64
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
139K 6.8K 48
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...