colors {on hold - check last...

By introspective_beat

color (n.): the property possessed by an object of producing different sensations on the eye as a result of t... More

colors
chapter two
author's note
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
Author's Note

chapter one

42 4 4
By introspective_beat

{ashley's pov}

it's raining in columbus.
that's my first thought.
it's raining, and all i can think about is how a fucking cat was the cause of my best friend's death.
her name hurts too much to say.
the funeral was yesterday.
i sang.
i don't normally sing in front of anyone, but i always sang for her.
it was a song i wrote. called 'colors'.
there's this instrumental part in the middle where the bridge should be.
i want to put a speaking part, but there's nothing i have to say.
for that matter, there's nothing i have left to say, either.
the doctors say it's selective mutism caused by 'severe emotional trauma'.
do they not understand what mourning is?
i just miss her.
i miss her, and it's raining in columbus.
i miss her, and it's raining in columbus, and all i can think is how much i wish curiosity had killed the cat, and how much i wish satisfaction hadn't brought it back, but just let the dead stay dead.

i miss her.

and it's raining in columbus.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 85.4K 192
"Oppa", she called. "Yes, princess", seven voices replied back. It's a book about pure sibling bond. I don't own anything except the storyline.
185K 3.9K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
1M 63.5K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
434K 10.9K 60
𝐋𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐝𝐨𝐧, 𝐝𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥-𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝, 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲, 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥-𝐫...