Miss Clumsy and the CEO (UNDE...

By Vampirefangsrules

Harper Daniels is clumsy. Full stop. A recent graduate, she's starting her career at Brewer Enterprises. Wha... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter 19- On the run
Chapter 20- GAME ON
Chapter 21- The GAME is ON
Chapter 22- It just keeps getting better and better
Chapter 23- Falling harder and harder
Chapter 24- Resisting is harder than it seems
Chapter 25- Weekend with You
Chapter 26- These feelings
Chapter 27- Cold shoulder
Chapter 28- Guilt
Chapter 29- A mistake
Chapter 30- It feels like I can't function
Chapter 31- Time to make a stand
Chapter 32- Green Eyed Monster
Chapter 33-Jealous?
Chapter 34-Count to Ten
Chapter 35- I still care
Chapter 36- Its a risk I must take
Chapter 37- Can't get enough of you
Chapter 38- Right Move
Chapter 39- "What is it you want, Miss Daniels?"
Chapter 40- "Anything for you, Miss Daniels"
Chapter 41- James' Plan
Chapter 42- Fun
Chapter 43- Take my breath away
Chapter 45- "My Boyfriend"
Chapter 46- Worth the Wait
Chapter 47- Unknown Number
Chapter 48
Chapter 49- HeartBroken
Chapter 50- Damage
Chapter 51- Two hearts; alone once again
Chapter 52- Ethan
Chapter 53
Chapter 54- Eleanor
Chapter 55- Masquerade
Chapter 56 - Truth
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59 - True Love Beats All
Chapter 60- No matter the cost
Chapter 61- You bring me Strength
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
END CHAPTER
Author's Note
Epilogue The Wedding
Bonus Chapter/Snippet- Valentine's Day
BOSS UNDERCOVER PUBLISHED!?!?
AUGUST 28th
♦️COVER REVEAL♦️ PREORDER LIVE
BOSS UNDERCOVER IS #LIVE!
BOSS UNDERCOVER PART ONE IS FREE!
Boss Undercover Boxset + Update

Chapter 44- Heart Bleeds for you

393K 12.5K 1.4K
By Vampirefangsrules

Harper couldn't actually believe what actually happened, it was rather bizarre. She fiddled with the pendant between her fingers unable to stop smiling. The faint flare radiating upon her face, distracted to even notice the moving scene before her or the sound the of chomping beside her. Nothing could put her down. She relaxed back in the chair, the sounds of his words repeating over and over in her head.

She was that far away, she didn't see Elliot who was waving the popcorn box near her. She snapped immediately out of her daze. "Oh, sorry." She whispered.

"You want some?" He smiled, the flicker of light upon the side of his face. Harper shook her head smiling as she finally took attention to the screen.

By the end of the movie, Elliot offered to drop her off her home. She was still feeling rather guilty, the fact James had played an imposter on him last weekend. Elliot pulled up outside smiling to himself as he turned off the engine, the faint background of singing in the background following as awkwardness settled. He placed his hands on his knees as he turned to face Harper.

"It was a great night." He beamed. Harper smiled feeling rather anxious. She looked down to her knotted hands before Elliot added. "So...I-I-I...well." He laughed nervously. Harper quickly cut in. "You're an amazing friend Elliot." Elliot slightly blushed as in return he smiled. "You're great...too. You...really are." Harper looked down again feeling his glaze intensify upon her.

"Well...I...you know." Harper blabbered as she pointed outside. Elliot nodded as he coughed. "Yeah. I'll walk to your door." Harper couldn't argue as he got out, she followed out meeting him on the pavement as he began walking her to the door. Harper pushed a strand of hair from her face as she smiled as Elliot held his hands his pocket beaming, his cheeks still slightly red.

"Thank you for tonight." Elliot smiled. "You're an amazing person." Harper smiled before pulling him into a brief hug; the pain of guilt stung like a wasp. "Sometime I feel like I don't deserve your friendship." She said as she pulled back.

"Nonsense!" He snapped. "Of course you do." He smiled again before the door before them opened in abrupt motion. Harper jumped slightly back as Dani stood there in the doorway, her hair in a messy bun as she cocked her eyebrows. "I wondered why I could hear all these talking." She said. Instantly Harper watched as Dani eyes' softened meeting Elliot's. It took her moment to realise that there was an instant connection. As did Elliot who seemed almost unable to speak as he just stood there, a blush creeping upon his neck.

Harper coughed. "Dani, I hope I didn't wake you up." Dani blinked several times as she faced Harper. "No, not at all. I...was just...well." She smiled. "Just. Ermmm." The nerves biting at her, knowing it was because of Elliot's presence.

Elliot piped up. "Hi. I'm E-

"My friend. I'll see you at work tomorrow." She nodded, hoping Elliot would take the message. He coughed, his hand stretching to the nape of his neck trying to disguise his blush. "Oh, yeah. Right. Ermmm. I'll better be going. Nice to hang out, Harper." He blabbered before scurrying towards his parked car. Harper could see the sadness flicker in Dani's eyes as she longing watched as he got in his car before she quickly looked away.

"So..." She coughed. "Who was that?"

Harper stepped in guiding Dani fourth knowing the truth had to be told especially if it seemed Dani feels something for him. A part of her couldn't help to feel relief, she didn't want to have to break Elliot if he did have some sort of feelings for her.

"Let's go sit down." Harper informed as she moved onto the couch. Dani flopped down pulling a blanket over her legs as she rested the side of her head on her hand. "I was going to say, you aren't cheating on your boyfriend!" She laughed nervously, it cut short as Harper sighed. "Dani, that...was Elliot." Dani's brow knitted together as she laughed. "Yeah. Sure. Your boyfriend is Elliot! You can't tell me that is the same person from the weekend!" Harper bit her lip as she looked down to her feet. "I...lied. That person is Elliot."

Dani's smile deflated. "Wait. That's Elliot." Harper nodded. "So who is that we were with at the weekend?" Harper pressed her lips together as she pulled out her necklace that she hidden underneath her grey blouse. Dani got up as she took a closer look at the necklace, confusion written allover her face. "So what this guy pretended to be...Elliot?" Harper could hint the difficulty Dani had of saying his name.

"Yes. Look. Elliot didn't know and I couldn't take lying to you. And from the way you looked at him tonight. I know you feel something for that guy and I wouldn't want to keep the truth away from you." She said watching as Dani blushed.

"I-I-I" Dani blabbered before she grumbled as she sat back. "Why would you lie? Who is that guy you were with?"

"James." She muttered in defeat. "He got me this." She held the pendant in her palm. Dani looked shocked as she parted her lips. "Wait, as in your boss. He was there! That dick!"

"Yes. We...we." She stuttered barely managing to finish off her sentence as Dani stood up in anger.

"Let me have the fool!" She snapped. Harper stood up shaking her head. "Dani, don't. Please, we sorted it out. He had made it up to me." Dani looked disgusted. "I just don't understand. This was the guy who had made a fool of you. Harper, you were in tears!"

"I know." She protested. "But he admitted it all to me! Please, don't be mad. He won't hurt me." Her words becoming softer as she smiled to herself.

"You're in love with him. Aren't you?" Dani muttered. Harper looked up meeting Dani who held her hand on her hip.

"I am." Harper sighed. Dani shook her head. "I can't stop you from seeing him. You truly are in love with him." Harper nodded in agreement. "But if he hurts you ever again, I won't be made responsible for my actions. Understood?" Harper instantly smiled jumping into Dani' hug. "Thank you. I'm sorry Dani."

Dani muttered. "So, Elliot? Is he single?" Harper giggled as she began walking off with Dani following after persisting to know.

~~~

The following morning Harper was bewildered by her own behaviour, on her own accord she smiled to Duke saying good morning. He was rather cautious as he answered back, afraid that she might bite his head off.

She was elated. The truth was out. She could see a relationship perhaps blooming with for Dani. And she had her heart stolen by a man who could set her heart beating just thinking about him.

James sat up on the edge of his bed, stretching as he took a sip from his mug on the bedside table. He felt refreshed. His mood was evident with the great grin he had on his lips. He did, he actually did it he thought to himself. Reaching for his phone on the side he instantly dialled in Harper's number, eager to just hear her voice. It was a relief that she answered on the first ring.

"Good Morning, Mr Brewer. What may I do for you?" Her tone playful. James chuckled before he said. "How about getting your lovely arse over here?" He could just imagine her cheeks rosy red making his stomach twist in delight.

"Oh...I don't know about that." She muttered.

"Oh but you know you want to. I mean what's better, coffee in the morning or the sight of your naked boss?" He teased, his tone rather husky and dangerous. Harper choked. "Excuse me?" Even though her lips were plastered in a smile with that tempting thought. James chuckled down the line again as he added. "That's right love, you think about it."

"You wish." She said, her cheeks burning. "I have business to attend to and I don't think my boss will be thrilled if I am late for work." James grinned as he held the phone closer to his ear. "Is that so? Then let me not keep my girlfriend from her work. Shall I?" Harper blushed, the words again feeling like a shock to the system, the feeling of her heart melting in content. Before he added. "Your boss is one lucky son of a b****."

"Goodbye James." She laughed. James enjoyed the sound of her laughter, an infectious sound to his ears. "Goodbye Harper." He almost chimed.

Then she ended the call.

"She ended the call on me!" James grumbled, a smirk playing upon his lips.

Harper had brought him coffee including a blueberry muffin for herself as she finished eating it at her desk before her eyebrows lifted up as she watched James exit from her lift. He had a smug expression as he approached her desk. Slowly he sat on the edge of the desk. "Ending my call, Miss Daniels?"

"And what's wrong with that?" She muttered, her cheeks burning. James didn't look at her instead picked up the sticky notes and began flickering through them. "Oh the things I should do to you, Miss Daniels." He said. Harper gulped as she squeezed her thighs together. "I'm sorry..." She mumbled. James cocked his eyebrow up. "Just sorry? Your boyfriend doesn't look like a happy bunny, does he? I suggest you think of something to make it up to him." The ends of his lips curling up as he wetted his bottom lip.

Harper braved herself, the fact her knees were trembling as she stood up sent her nerves crazy. Taking confident breaths she pushed the chair back as she slowly walked around to him. James cocked his eyebrow as he bit on his tongue from the excitement rising. His breath hitched, his heart beating faster as he watched her eyes trail upon him not meeting his eyes yet. Yet, she didn't fail in beauty taking in how breath-taking she was right now. James made no movement, watched as she stepped closer; he could see how nervous she was. See it through how she hesitated or the way she bit onto her bottom lip. It sent his downstairs crazy. Harper could feel his gaze upon her as she slowly placed her hand against his chest. Then she began unbuttoning his first button down, then the next until she had access to the top of his chest. James shuddered in delight as he felt her lips press softly against his chest. He closed his eyes indulging in the pure pleasure it was causing him, feeling her fingertips lightly upon his chest as she moved and placed several kisses upon his chest. It was at one point he could no longer take it anymore that he grasped her hands. She looked up to him, the glint of his hunger in his eyes as he entwined his fingers through hers. James stood up of the desk brining her body closer to him.

"You're so beautiful, you know that?" He muttered. Harper melted. And surprising herself, tip toed on her toes as she pressed her lips against his. James took her in embrace as she entangled her hands through his hair. She almost jumped in delight, feeling his erection against her before she was consumed more by his hands trailing slowly down each side of her hips. He smiled between their lips. "You like that?" Harper blushed before she felt his hands simultaneously slowly move towards her bum.

"What's your secret? How do you make me feel like this?" He confessed as their lips pulled away.

"You tell me, boyfriend?" She muttered, the word feeling weird upon her tongue.

"Say that again." He growled.

Harper hesitated before croaked. "Boyfriend?" She barely had chance to breath before James lifted her up in ease despite her own conscious thoughts believing she was heavy and swung her around her in his arms.

"Put me down! Put me down!" She giggled in delight. James slowly dropped her down to her feet before cheekily he licked neck.

"Ewwwww!" Harper whined as she stepped back. James laughed as he grabbed her hand pulling her back. "You taste so good." He said.

"You're not thinking of eating me!" Harper blurted out. James shook his head grinning. "You don't understand how badly I want you now. You have no idea." Harper blushed as she looked away for a second.

James jerked his chin to the door. "However Miss Daniels. Work won't do it by itself." He kissed her cheek before he let go of her hand heading towards his office. Harper already missed the presence of his hand as she smiled to herself. James winked at her as he headed off, then buttoning his shirt back up where her lips had been a moment ago.

Harper was reluctant to work; her mind was elsewhere. It sent shivers running down her spine, the real feeling of being cared, touched and kissed. Did she love him?

Her heart bleeds for him.

James sighed wanting so badly to get out of this meeting, his every thought was of Harper. Was this was what it was like when you're in a relationship? Do you feel this constant need to be near that person? First serious girlfriend, she was. However as much as he would love to hold her hand out in public, he couldn't go that far until he had got that deal over with. After that, he couldn't care less what the press wrote about him. Harper belonged to him. No one else's'.

James only averted his attention when he heard Ethan' firm called out. "What do you mean?" He frowned as he sat forward. The male before him took a moment, sweat present upon his forehead as he stuttered. "He...He. W-w

"Speak up." James snapped.

"Ethan Donovan is trying to buy out one of your firms in Canada. It's a small firm that is vulnerable, Sir!" He said. James sighed in frustration. "And what are we doing just talking about it. Get that firm on our side. I do not want to lose it some pratt! Go, Go!"

The meeting room emptied then leaving James alone. Ethan got right under his skin, he had his reasons. Something he didn't like to talk about. Ever.

And as soon as he left the meeting room, he ended up straight up in his office with Harper comfortably on his lap as she took cheesy selfies upon her phone with him. He had his hands securely wrapped around her waist, every now and then caressing her thigh as she relaxed against him.

"James?" She asked.

"Yeah?" He said. Harper hesitated before she said. "I told Dani about us." She waited in anticipation for his answer hoping she hadn't made him mad.

"You've only told her, right?" He said. Harper nodded, wearily to his tone. James sighed inside with relief before he tilted her chin towards him. "You know I'm serious about us, right?"

"Of course." Harper smiled as she rested her head against his shoulder.

Thanks for reading. I do apologise on the slow update, this might become frequent though. I shall try and get updates as soon as possible but it won't be as fast now that summer holidays are over. Thank you and I hope you enjoyed this chapter. please VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE.

And please do give me honest feedback on this book, is it good? Feel free to inbox me anytime. :)

Thank you

VAMPIREFANGRULES xxx

And great news!!!! Last checked, my book has reached #14 in ranks for romance. THANK

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3M 98.8K 38
Can your life change in just one night? Eleanor Miller's life turned upside down when her path crossed with Asher Edward Wright. One drunken night c...
5.8M 156K 51
When billionaire playboy Nick Sinclair sets his sights on the one woman who wants nothing to do with him, will he be able to change his ways to win h...
624K 5.9K 12
PUBLISHED WITH LIMITLESS PUBLISHING. COMING AUGUST 28, 2018. PAPERBACK AND E-BOOK COPIES. UK LINK: http://amzn.eu/0LSeyA7 US LINK: http://a.co/fuyk...
2.5K 208 28
OH MY GOD! There's nothing quite like being trapped with the one man you can't stand .. egotistic, pompous, and brutal. He was the epitome of opulen...