Rare

By Booping123

(Slowly being rewritten) Being Rare is considered being someone different from society. What you're is a pers... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six

Chapter Seven

543 60 18
By Booping123

Ten years ago, Hope Prices knew something. She had felt something when she died at the age of eight. There had been pictures that flashed in her mind. The O'Rally twins had left their house with their mother to live away from their father. It was an unfortunate day for them, but for her, it had been pure joy.

Hope had latched onto Alexandra's mind like a whisper in her ear. She had the choice to refuse, but she chose to use the body of a Rare twin.

It was glory and power that Hope wanted. It wasn't that she just got to use her own power, but others' that'd make her grin like a shark.

Simple words that had left Alexandra in an abyss of darkness faced her. She's someone who people should praise for her behaviour because she's doing a good deed.

However, people in Claymore were stupid to the point that it made Hope laugh. They see her as the facade of her sister, but Aubrey was an innocent soul.

Hope loved her sister as any sister should, but that's what Alexandra O'Rally did not understand. Did she expect anger would make her sister love and care for her?

Sure, she's using Amaris, but Alexandra revealed her true colours. This would make Amaris assume she may have killed her, because Hope wasn't stupid like the population here.

"Jackson killed her," Hope laughed, shaking her head.

"Why would he want to kill her? Did Micheal find some information?" Tamara asked mindlessly while Hope sat in a wooden chair, grinning.

"Who knows, but Micheal will probably figure it out. Amaris has to deal with more pain, which means the war is delayed a day," Hope sighed.

The four of them were in a large apartment room that had been abandoned. It had white walls, a small kitchen, but only one bed. Hope had the three sleep on the couch or floor because a queen deserves the highest of luxury.

"People will blame me because I'm the psychopath, but I'm not. How could I be a psychopath when I care so dearly about my sister?" Hope inquired as she stood.

"Alexandra should give you two the bodies to bring you back to life," Josh stated as Hope nodded her head.

"She's quite an ass, since I don't deserve it apparently. Mari might even blame her mother's death on her sister," Hope taunted.

Hope could hear Alexandra screaming at her in her mind. One part of her wanted to pass out, but she wouldn't let some child order her around.

"See, I'm intelligent because people are pawns to me in this town. It seems I'll be heading to a funeral tomorrow, which I'm quite thrilled to share some private information," Hope stated.

Sydney held up some birth certificates and adoption papers, which she snatched with Josh. It was information some didn't know, but Hope knew why they didn't know.

"Maybe I should perform a grander speech. People need to hear more of the truth around here. We know dear Mari will be in tears and her sister is part of that cause," Hope laughed.

Hope knew everything about Alexandra's intentions, but she needed that exact step still. She wanted to protect Amaris, but no sister can protect someone when they fear them.

"Josh, do you find Amaris cute?" Hope asked as she turned her eyes to the boy.

He rubbed the back of his neck nervously, which made Hope grin. "Well, she is beautiful," Josh murmured.

"I have a task for you," Hope said as she stood. Tamara and Sydney both eyed her as she placed both hands on her hips.

"You're going to make Amaris fall in love with you, Josh," Hope said, while Josh stared blankly.

"It seems quite hard, but you see, Alexandra doesn't like it when others protect Amaris. If people like the Crossfield twins or even her stepsisters. So, we'll play the game of who Mari will love the most," Hope laughed.

This gave Alexandra another reason to give her a body, but she still wasn't because Hope knew she hated her. All that anger will lead Alexandra to hurt her sister more than she already has.

"However, Tamara, we will be at this funeral," Hope stated, but Tamara stared blankly.

All three of them were her personal henchmen. It's not that they had a choice since they enjoy helping. It's like Claymore was set under its own trance, but they are too much of idiots to figure that out.

Hope closed her eyes and opened to stand on the church balcony. She spotted Jack talking with a group of people, but Hope didn't care for those comforting Jack when he was the true murderer.

She threw a knife directed at a woman that landed through her head, causing her to fall to the ground.

Those around Jackson panicked, but he stared up to look at her. She pointed a finger at Jackson before sliding her thumb across her own neck.

Hope knew Jackson wanted to find a way to get away from her endless taunts, but it would never. She may get to kill Jackson, but she still wanted her body back as a living being.

"I'll always be the queen," Hope sneered. She saw the resentment in Jackson, but also the fear.

Everyone could fear her, but she didn't care. The people around her were just pawns, and she was the queen awaiting her victory. Everyone should know she's intelligent and likes playing games.

"Better give me a body soon because I'm getting quite irritated with you," Hope said, but she heard Alexandra say nothing.

She knew Alexandra dreaded it, but her sister saw and wouldn't say a thing. "You are a stupid child indeed, Alexandra O'Rally. I better get my body soon," Hope snarled.

Alexandra could cry or scream at her, but she was at fault. Nothing would ever be Hope's fault because people were just idiots that didn't know the correct way to do something.

Amaris didn't know how to respond after Alisha and Didi told her the news. They told her Jack found him, but did that mean he killed her or would it be Aubrey's fault?

Maybe it wasn't either and Alexandra killed their mother out of rage. Her mind spun around with thoughts as she sat on a bench near the church.

It was evening and she wanted to avoid being ambushed with questions. They ruled she was stabbed multiple times by someone, which meant her funeral would be tomorrow instead of the war.

She felt tears streaming down her cheeks because she didn't know where to point the murder at.

"Amaris," she jumped and looked up. From the streetlights, she widened her eyes to stare at her father.

"Dad..." she trembled as she stood and cried in his arms, dropping on her knees as he kissed the top of her head.

It had been years since she had actually seen him. He looked a bit older and still had the similar features she had.

"I know," he said, which made her whimper. She knew he was talking about both the death and maybe her abuse.

"Have you seen your sister?" he asked, but Amaris got the flashbacks from this afternoon. Ones where she watched her sister attack Hope as if she were trying to murder her.

"Something is wrong with her," Amaris whispered as she looked up into his ocean eyes. It was the ones Alexandra was supposed to have, but didn't have because of the possession.

"Wrong? Is she sick?" Micheal, asked but Amaris slowly shook her head.

"She's possessed," Amaris said as she wiped her tears from her eyes. "But she's angry when she's herself... she tried killing Hope."

"Hope Prices?" Micheal asked as Amaris jerked at her name.

"She's doing everything here because..." Amaris whispered, but she didn't want to say anything. How could she say it's all because she wants to come back to life?

"Hope Prices died of a rare blood disorder ten years ago," he said, as Amaris widened her eyes.

How did he know what happened to Hope? Wasn't it that those Rare only knew the true death or reason of Hope's ambition?

"I was her doctor, but they sent her too late. Just like you and Alexandra, she wasn't normal," he said while Amaris rubbed her eyes.

That meant her dad knew about Hope and how she was like those months of weeks left. Was this some twisted fate? How wasn't she normal?

"Is she the one controlling Alexandra?" Micheal asked as Amaris felt her skin grow cold.

Where she saw how her sister angry but a demon has taken over her body. All of it for control but Hope's intelligent. It's why she erases from people learning the overall truth.

"Yes and Alexandra was acting all mad..." Amaris whimpered, rubbing her eyes. Why is her sister furious with Hope?

Amaris then heard a branch snap, which wasn't from the two of them. Nobody usually comes out at this time because it's a prime hour for murder.

"I'm not," Alexandra rasped from a distance away from them. She was against an oak tree, her body covered with sweat.

"She has supernatural abilities too," Amaris said as she trembled.

Her father looked tense as Alexandra gritted her teeth and shook her head. "What happened to you, Alexandra?" her father asked.

That's been the question Amaris hasn't totally looped around her head. She had seen it all on display, but there seemed something to be missing from the puzzle.

"That bitch happened," Alexandra spat, her body shaking.

Suddenly, Alexandra was kicked in the back and hit the sidewalk. From what Amaris could guess, she knew who it would be.

"Look at you trying to make your sister feel better. I'm sure Mari feels more comfortable around her father than you," Hope taunted.

"Hope Prices..." Micheal gasped, but Alexandra didn't retaliate against Hope's actions.

"Hello Micheal, it's been quite some time. Unfortunately your daughter made a deal with me since she sealed my powers away," Hope said with a smirk.

Amaris watched Alexandra attempt to push herself up, but she kept her head hung. Was she going to attack Hope again?

"You won't be fighting tomorrow, Amaris. Your mother's funeral will be tomorrow instead, but you'll still be fighting with me," Hope said.

Hope tilted her chin high with her eyes looking down at Alexandra. She seemed intelligent but also murderous.

"I did not kill your mother, dear Mari. Jackson did," Hope said as her eyes were directed at the church.

Amaris knew they'd probably be setting up in the morning, but she noticed that the lights seemed to be glowing inside.

Hope opened the church doors with her palm extended, gripping the knife in her hand to throw it like a dart. It all happened so suddenly that Amaris couldn't even respond.

When Jack came running out the church doors, Hope clapped her hands slowly. "Congratulations on screwing up again," Hope sneered.

Amaris felt her father stand as she looked up at him. "I'm pretty sure you're illiterate at this point, because having helpers leads to death," Hope taunted, but she appeared as Aubrey.

"What the hell," Jack gasped as Amaris shut her eyes. She couldn't look at him as she felt herself slowly standing and drawn into her father's chest.

"They know, just like me. I'm not the only killer in this idiotic town, Jackson," Hope started and pointed at him. "One day closer to you dying, because nobody can beat me. Send the army or military but they flee like they always do."

For once, Amaris saw Jack not in his angry state, but one of fear. Did Aubrey actually scare him or was it because he knew that he'd die?

"I'm killing you, and that's my goal. If you keep talking to people, you'll be absent from their funerals. Are you scared of death?" Hope taunted him as she kept a grin.

"All these deaths are your fault, Jackson. They are killed because it's your fault. Doesn't that already show it's better to be dead? Everything is your fault," Hope spat.

For once, this wasn't one moment when Amaris blamed herself. She watched someone blame her abuser for everything that shifted the town of Claymore.

She's always blamed herself for everything, which is true. However, someone stood up and bluntly said what she'd wanted to say for years.

Hope may have murdered half the town, but Amaris knew it was Jack's fault for his abuse. Even if she felt part of it was still her fault for everything.

"Are you not going to say anything? I'm fifteen and I could kill you right now. I'm not a narcissist or a gaslighter, but I just know how to bring out the truth. Why don't you cry because your life is finally over," she laughed.

Amaris stared because she had no words. She was helping this girl after the funeral, but it's still no simple concept to loop. Was what she doing right or had it been covered by evil deeds?

If Jack did die, would all the murdering stop? No, it would be her focus on coming back to life, but how? Right, her own sister has to control those actions.

"You are far worse than me," Jack barked. Hope raised her eyebrows with her chin tilted up.

"I think I've heard that line before. Everyone blames me for being evil, but I'm not. I haven't hurt Amaris, nor would I," Hope snarked with crossed arms.

"You won't remember this," Hope taunted as she disappeared.

Amaris's mind felt blank, like she had missed something, as she looked at her father. What did she miss? Maybe it was nothing and just forgetting something.

She looked over and saw Alexandra was no longer where she had been. It was just her father and her outside the church without anyone else.

"You should get home," her father said. Amaris slowly nodded, looking up at him.

She forced a smile and walked her way back because they weren't close. It's like she barely remembers anything from him because Alexandra left her to forget everything.

Amaris wondered when she got back if she'd be able to fix that. Then again, she had to focus on her mother's funeral, but it was true she was dead.

Alexandra made a choice years ago because it felt right. She had heard words that convinced her that protecting her family would be important above anything else. However, she didn't know then that she'd be a puppet. People see Aubrey Prices but not Alexandra O'Rally because they don't know she exists.

Back then, she had been in an abyss of darkness where she heard that voice without welcoming words. She had assumed then it was right, but none of it was.

"Why are you robbing my body?" Alexandra asked, but she didn't understand any of it when it happened.

"You're a powerful child, and I love power. Now, give me a body so I can walk the earth," Hope spat as she stood in front of her.

Alexandra knew one thing, and her choice was wrong. Everything she thought about being right for protection wasn't corrected like the puppet she is.

She didn't have the ability to talk or see her sister because of Hope. She had delusions of grandeur, but it seemed true. She blames everything on Jackson, because he was at fault for everything.

"You don't deserve it," Alexandra whispered. It made her mind feel like she was sinking away from reality.

She was drowning in a sea of darkness that she couldn't fight. Nobody would come save her because she was doing this all for Amaris.

If she was able protect her from being harmed by this demon, but she was still furious. Hope's to blame for whispering in her ear like she was telling her a secret.

"Alexandra, you can try and play the hero, but you're nothing but a villain. You will never be good because you'll end up killing your sister," Hope spat.

"I will not! How could I think of such a thing!" Alexandra exclaimed, but Hope had raised his eyebrows without concern.

Back then, Alexandra cried at Hope's taunts. Her narcissistic nature gave you that feeling where you'd drop on your knees without the ability to stand.

However, Alexandra hated Hope. She didn't know if there was something that went past hate, but she didn't know what that could be.

Hope's actions incited rage, especially since she knew how to push buttons. It left all these bottled feelings of hate for what she did, but she couldn't let Hope win.

"Why are you even trying to talk to her? You know she won't talk to you," Hope said as she walked down the sidewalk.

Alexandra could feel Hope's presence facing her even if she was fully aware of what Hope was doing. She wasn't the Aubrey, as she referred to herself, but she was a different picture.

"She needs to know you are the real evildoer," Alexandra spat, but Hope laughed.

"You tried to reach out to your sister years ago, which I found out about. Now, you're full of regret because your sister saw the real you," Hope taunted.

Amaris had seen her true hatred on Hope. She watched her perform actions because her hate overtook her. It made guilt twist inside her system while Hope snickered.

Now, she couldn't even attend her own mother's funeral unless Hope made her. Would she? No, she's got other plans to commence and rain like the demon she is.

"See, you are way worse than me," Hope sneered.

Alexandra didn't have the energy to fight back, even if she was gaining more access to her own body. It didn't make it any better that Hope had been using Amaris in her schemes.

"I never killed my sister," Alexandra grated. She felt her own body on the ground with her jaw gripped, hissing in pain.

Hope's glare broke into a smirk. "Won't you have to eventually?" she spat, while Alexandra narrowed her eyebrows.

Alexandra felt her body hit the hard sidewalk. She groaned, but she lifted herself as her own body. No illusion or Hope trying to gain control of everything she wants.

Hope Prices was a sociopath and a narcissist as well as a serial killer. Alexandra knew from her memories where she had seen some of Hope actually being nice.

People deem her a psychopath because she murders. No, she'd always want control, which Alexandra hated.

"I would never!" Alexandra exclaimed, but her voice was weak.

She didn't like how Amaris had seen her lash out. It was Hope's fault for giving her that choice, but she made that decision to protect Amaris.

Alexandra knew back then the two of them had caught Jackson dropping their mother home. They were playing on the sidewalk when she saw it.

Amaris doesn't remember this because she erased every single thing that involved her. If she played with her or if they went to the park, it protected her from knowing.

"You will and I know it. I'm not the villain around here, so why not just confess? It's your fault Amaris got abused," Hope taunted.

Alexandra felt anger as she used her own control to become herself. She heard Hope's voice in her head, which made rage form in her body.

"It's not! That's all Jackson's fault!" Alexandra spat, storming toward the park and walking up the hill.

"Why not give me my wish? Isn't that easier than being used like a puppet?" Hope slyly asked as Alexandra stared at the fencing for the fight.

"Because you're dangerous," Alexandra spat, but Hope laughed.

Hope's illusion appeared in front of her with her chin tilted high. Nobody would compare to the menace this girl would be.

"Aren't you? I'm always right and you're nothing but a fear to your sister. What's holding you back? Do you think I'll kill your sister or that fear?" Hope taunted.

"You used to check on her when I was sick or even self-harm. Why do you still want a taunt in your ear?" Hope asked as Alexandra went to punch her, but she disappeared.

"I'm surprised you aren't moping about your mother being dead. It really goes to show how you could care less about your family," Hope said while Alexandra froze.

Jackson had killed her mother and all she had been focusing on was her hate. Hope snapped her fingers as she dropped to her knees and hung her head.

Why does she always have this pent-up anger? Why can't it be something else? She felt her eyes fill with tears with her teeth gritted.

"Mari cares too much and you care too little about your family. You are the weaker Rare twin because of your mindset. Give me that body soon or I'll come up with a different plan," Hope remarked, while Alexandra flinched.

She was a controlled doll, but she wouldn't let Hope have a body. No, because she'd probably kill more people when she was alive. It would scare Amaris, and she'd be a taunt in her ear.

"Or at least Aubrey, because my sister is kinder than me," Hope laughed.

Alexandra didn't know what to do, but she knew Hope couldn't have a body. She wanted control of just her body, but not yet. It was doubtful if it could ever be from her behaviour.

Do you think Alexandra will give Hope the freedom she wants?
-Lexi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.3K 939 100
"Three weeks. That's how long I got to have drama-free. I'm not sure what is happening to me or to Oakwood. Nothing's the same since I rolled into to...
685K 27.2K 85
He can hear her each breath He can see her every move He can sense her every emotion He can appear anywhere He craves her He wants her And He has her...
Truth In My Lies By red

Mystery / Thriller

2.2K 56 30
You ever have that one hot, rude, cocky jerkface in your school that just screams bad news. Tough childhood and doesn't let people in easily. With hi...